Awoo.

The Lost Intro to Sonic SatAM, and my attempts to find it

MS04

Hey, all! For a while now, I've been looking for a piece of lost media, something Sonic-related. It is of a fully animated scrapped intro to Sonic SatAM, which has never resurfaced in it's animated form, although the storyboards for it do exist. Without further ado, I'm just gonna get into my search attempt, and maybe someone could pick up the pieces and help me.

I don't know why I wanted to find the intro, it just sorta happened one day. I was feeling bored and just thinking about Sonic stuff, and then it popped into my head again. The first thing I thought to do was contact people who worked on SatAM, and also may have had a hand in creating the intro. I ended up emailing 3 individuals: WildBrain (the company who own SatAM and all of DiC's shows), Andy Heyward (previous CEO of DiC and executive producer of SatAM) and Lane Raichet (the storyboarder for the intro). Out of these three, only Lane responded, and he said:

Hi, Kian, as I have told others who have also inquired after this, we haven't found any animated versions of this yet in our archives, but if we do, we will let you know. Kindest regards, -- Lane

What I find interesting here is that others have inquired about this intro... But anyways, I received that message on May 7th. Given that it's almost been a month since Lane initially replied, maybe he really hasn't got the intro. Another person I tried to find was Robby London, another executive producer of Sonic SatAM. However, this time, I couldn't even find an email or anything online.

So, yeah. For now, the search has hit a dead-end. I honestly don't know what to do next, and I have fears that the fully-animated version of the intro could be fully gone, but I doubt it. The only ways I could get this found is by either Lane or any other people I contacted returning with a copy, or it just surfaces online. I want to try and preserve this piece of Sonic lost media, and if any of you want to help, I'm more than happy for you to assist me!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sorry, but other then this brief 12 seconds of footage and this very brief one second of footage, the full animated intro has never been released. Some of the animation cells for it have been leaked online. We don't know what the orginal music for the intro was, it can very faintly be heard in the 12 second video I linked, but I can't make it out. It sounds like it could be one of the unused instrumental themes for the show.

You probably know all this already considering the effort you've put into this, but I thought I'd share for anyone else unfamiliar with it. It's possible the original intro is just sitting in a storage unit somewhere, just waiting to be preserved.

Besides the music, this video is all we have of the original intro as far as I know.

Good luck on your search! I'd love to see the full thing someday.

• Thumbs Up 6