Awoo.

#TSS20th! Classic Banners Return to SSMB

Dreadknux

52 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Let me know if you'd be up for getting your artistic hat on, and we'll formally kick off a campaign to create new banners soon!

You don't even need to ask :D

This has already got me thinking of ideas for banners...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, it's been a while. Wonder if mine from way back then will be here. I don't remember what it was lol

I think it'd be fun to do banners again. 

I'd definitely be game to create something new!  The nostalgia in seeing some old favourites by the community is really nice though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd be interested in doing a new banner too. As a newer poster it's great seeing the older banners as well.

I don't think this is a banner, exactly, but I still have this saved from when I first joined:

indexpic0.jpg.c7a6a97a5e38bca4cf40861e27bb6129.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

oh my god, I don't think I even have this in my archive anymore! That's awesome!

I also love the little Easter Egg I placed in the Sonic Team logo there... (In green) "OG..." (in white) "cards". This was a reference to 'Operation Grandslam' at the time, which was going to be Sonic Smash Cards... which was going to be a trading card game tied to SSMB accounts. Never happened, obviously, haha. Thanks for sharing!!

Edit: Ah no I did have that saved. We followed it up with this one:

2003-11-03 - Smash Cards.jpg

One of my favourite splash page banners is 2003, our SAGE coverage:

2003-09 - SAGE.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

"I can't wait for Sonic Robo Blast 2 to be finished!"

Lmao. If only you knew Sonic. If only you knew...

• Chuckle 2

Seen a few of mine pop up recently, good times. I'd love to make more.

I remember most of these, what a nostalgia trip! Haven't seen mine yet, will refresh until I do. I'd be up for doing another at some point, need to think of idea's.

Nostalgia's been hitting hard. Looking back, all 3 of my old SSMB banners were made when I was still a novice with digital art, and only the latest one was done digitally from start to finish (the chemical plant one, which I feel aged the least of the 3.) I'd be down to do another though just to see how I'd stack up currently with my past self.

• Thumbs Up 1