Awoo.

Filling the Blanks: Babylonians

MetalSkulkBane

As we all know, Babylon Rouges are mobians birds genies aliens, right? How about one more correction?

They not aliens as if "from space". They are aliens "from the other dimension". In fact, all (or most) birds are dimension hoppers.

"Siiigh. Dude, Longclaw and movie aren't canon to games."

Yet. But it doesn't matter, Flickies were doing it since 90s.

If Flickies can do it, would it be weird if more advance birds birds can travel between dimensions? It would explain why "aliens" just happened to be share so many similarities to 1) Mobian 2) Birds, down right to hawk/swallow/albatross. Because different dimension still share some similarities (Earth/Mobius/Sol Dimension/SonicBoom and all have cats), in ways that Wisp or Black Arms do not.

"But Babylon Garden! It was revealed to be a spaceship."

And how it wanted to travel? By creating a black hole. Perhaps it meant to create a wormhole, a gate to different world.

"Then why Jet and his people invented wishing on falling star? What's with Arks of Cosmos?"

That's because they were wishing that falling star is Ark of Cosmos, it's unrelated to possible alien-origin. And it's "Arks of the stars" to be accurate to Japanese text. And the name comes from their function. Arks of Stars were meant to replicate Power of Stars. That's right, before ancient Babylonians settled on Mobius, they picked Blaze Dimension as their temporary home. In fact, there are still ruins of their civilization there. But ancient Guardian of Sol Emeralds didn't liked entire civilization of thieves living in Sol Dimension, so he/she banished them to neighbor dimension, Mobius. But before that Guardian took their greatest treasure: Jeweled Scepter. A magical cane that "separates and sustains the existence of parallel dimensions" so might as well been used for traveling between them. Without it, Babylonians were stranded on Mobius. They did tried to find new way of travel, but as Zero Gravity showed, it didn't work well. Possibly using Arks of Cosmos was the incident that incurred the wrath of Mobius Gods, who casted Babylon Garden into the depths of the Earth (as mentioned in Riders 1). And maybe gods took their wings too, but that's another theory.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almar

• MetalSkulkBane

• DabigRG

• Kuro

The Riders games had to have happened on the Human World/Earth since G.U.N.'s in them and we see crowds of humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew there was something called Sky Babylon outside of Riders, but I never played Rush Adventure. 

Good thinking about them potentially hopping between dimensions.

1 hour ago, Almar said:

The Riders games had to have happened on the Human World/Earth since G.U.N.'s in them and we see crowds of humans.

True. Megalo Station and the place at the beginning of Riders are also futuristic cities.

Honestly, Riders is a weird game to try and fit in Current Sonic Lore. It was made at a time when Sonic didn't have the mandates they do now. We have obvious human presence on the same planet as bird aliens with environments like cities with flying cars in them. I'm sure under Current Sonic Rules all of the humans would have to be furries. Not just from the obvious Two-Worlds thing, but also how the games violate the idea that humans live on a "Real Earth" (as in, has the same countries, landmarks etc as here or at least obvious stand-in) with the fauna and building and overall style as much like here as possible while the furries live on some zany world with floating donuts.

And futuristic cities prove nothing, since both Forces and 06 shows that Mobians and Humans have similar technology. That means Future City and Monopole can be either way.

@Almar good call about GUN in Zero Gravity, I completely missed it. That does imply those games take place on Earth, but are there actual humans visible? In Riders 1 audience is too pixilated too be certain and cars don't have visible drivers.

As for GUN, they were also in Rush 1, so maybe they visited Mobius.... of course Rush 1 has also Tails lab from SA1, so maybe it was on Earth? But then why... You know what? I'm ignoring "Two Worlds" for now.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

And futuristic cities prove nothing, since both Forces and 06 shows that Mobians and Humans have similar technology. That means Future City and Monopole can be either way.

@Almar good call about GUN in Zero Gravity, I completely missed it. That does imply those games take place on Earth, but are there actual humans visible? In Riders 1 audience is too pixilated too be certain and cars don't have visible drivers.

As for GUN, they were also in Rush 1, so maybe they visited Mobius.... of course Rush 1 has also Tails lab from SA1, so maybe it was on Earth? But then why... You know what? I'm ignoring "Two Worlds" for now.

I personally like to think it's a product of the two dimensions starting to overlap, dragging the carrier through the rift if it wasn't already coming through and then getting hijacked by Nega.

Forgot Tails lab, but whatever.

The characters only speak of two worlds merging, not three. And Eggman himself calls Sonic's world HIS world. Backed by Eggman Nega calling Blaze's world HIS world.

Has there been an official timeline or universe guide similar to how the Legend of Zelda has an official but very confusing one? 
I feel unless a game is a direct sequel, they never really mention stuff like that imo.
(Also long time lurker, remembered I had an account here)