Awoo.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4 & PS5)

Sonictrainer

Revealed today at the PS5 Future of Gaming Show.

Revealing Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a new adventure from Insomniac Games coming to PlayStation 5.

• Thumbs Up 3

THE SEQUEL TO THE BEST SONY EXCLUSIVE OF THE GEN IS ALREADY HERE

BE GREATER BE YOURSELF

COMING HOLIDAY 2020 BLACK LIVES MATTER ONLY ON PLAYSTATION LETS GETTTEED

• Thumbs Up 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Insomniac rules, man-- working on this and a new Ratchet & Clank (but that's for another topic). Friggin' awesome, all of them.

Can't wait to see what new web-swinging journey Miles is going to go on.

So compared to the last one where Peter had been Spidey for a while, Miles will be newer and a lot more rough around the edges. Sure Insomniac will work this in which is great. Hope Peter is still around but happy Miles gets his time to shine. Just waiting to hear if the Prowler is in this for Miles ;)

The only thing I think is that this game will be a smaller title. I don't think it'll be the proper sequel, since the sequel hook from Spidey PS4 was concerning Venom.

Miles' game is likely gonna be a smaller midquel game. 

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The only thing I think is that this game will be a smaller title. I don't think it'll be the proper sequel, since the sequel hook from Spidey PS4 was concerning Venom.

Miles' game is likely gonna be a smaller midquel game. 

Wait a minute. Idea here. What if Venom in this universe attaches itself to Peter and you have to play Miles fighting against him. The Tagline is "Be Yourself", which Miles has to try and get Peter to remember?

Just spitballing here though.

This game looks hype. That’s all. Just hype. I saw it coming a mile away, but it still blew me away god damn. Also can we have post Malone’s sunflower playing somewhere in the game? Pleeeease Sony? 

I wonder if green goblin and venom are gonna be main villains here. Given the events of the first game, it may be the case for at least one of them. 

also I do hope Peter is around for at least a decent portion of the story, whether that’s playable or just a supporting role in the story to aid miles. Dude had a fun as fuck personality in the first game 

edit: reading Ryan’s post, I didn’t consider this might be a mid title and not a full on sequel. Idk tho, this seems to be going all out...

43 minutes ago, The Master said:

Wait a minute. Idea here. What if Venom in this universe attaches itself to Peter and you have to play Miles fighting against him. The Tagline is "Be Yourself", which Miles has to try and get Peter to remember?

It's a good idea but anytime you set Miles against a Symbiot:

venom-meets-spider-man-miles-morales-4.j

His shocks almost always one-shot a symbiot (Carnage excluded, because plot reasons)

2 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

It's a good idea but anytime you set Miles against a Symbiot:

venom-meets-spider-man-miles-morales-4.j

His shocks almost always one-shot a symbiot (Carnage excluded, because plot reasons)

Tbf it’s a video game. In Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 you can have Venom fight Miles and vice versa and the battle isn’t really altered. Hell, Venom absorbs Electros power and uses shock moves against the team. So they could probably make it work 

55 minutes ago, The Master said:

That was kind of a plot of the manga, Spider-Man: Fake Red.

39799.jpg?1586225625

Or...what if Otto switches bodies with Peter?

main-qimg-ced5fcba877e2d83ed7f938fffe734

This is like tied with Halo Infinite for the game I'm most looking forward to this year. This trailer is just... god, it's perfect. I must've rewatched it like a dozen times already.

If this has a 1080p, 60fps mode then simply put, Sony's going to have to do something very stupid to not keep me interested in a PS5 this November.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Tbf it’s a video game. In Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 you can have Venom fight Miles and vice versa and the battle isn’t really altered. Hell, Venom absorbs Electros power and uses shock moves against the team. So they could probably make it work 

I mean I get it's a video game but it's also respecting and adapting the source material of these characters, so I wholly expect Miles's venom blast to put some work in when Venom actually shows.

This was internally going through my head while watching this.

Go ahead little man, show them what you got. I'm looking forward to this so much given how much I loved the first one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Turns out it’s actually just expansion content for a Spider-Man PS4 remaster.

There’s some confusion right now as to whether it’s a standalone Uncharted: Lost Legacy style title or not, but this sounds more like it’s just an extra part of a remaster to me. 

EDIT: 

or maybe it is just standalone? I guess?

So it’s a Halo 3 ODST situation? Either way, that punched me in the gut a bit...oof a full on sequel starring Miles would have been so satisfying and really would have been a awesome win for PoC both in the gaming and comic spaces. 

ah well, it still looks bomb regardless 

I'm not too shocked, the cliffhanger at the end of the first game doesn't make any sense with Miles as the main character, so I figured it was just an expansion on the original game.

It's still boss as shit tho

So it's the whole game + DLCs ported and enhanced to the PS5 plus the Miles expansion? Dude, sign me the fuck in. I can't get enough of that game. Easily one of the best and most fun PS4 games by far. I believe the actual Spider-man 2 will probably come out in 2022, same year as Spider Verse 2. I bet Sony is already thinking about some cross promotion.

The thing that gets me is Sony specifically knew what people would jump to assuming, but at no point in the trailer or in opening press info made the basic distinction that this would be an expansion. Gotta get that hype I guess 

Honestly - I still lean more towards it being an expansion. Spider-Man PS4 is 100% one of the backwards compatable games, alongside TLoU2, and Ghosts of Tsushima. It's literally the game they've been using to benchmark Backwards Compatability long before we got any details of the PS5:

I could see them making an "complete" edition - with both Spidey PS4 GOTY and Miles bundled together, and using the "playable on both PS4/PS5" thing that Xbox uses for 360 BC games, but I doubt they'd go through the effort of redeveloping Spidey PS4 all over again, when they could just run it in boost mode on the PS5. Spidey PS4 already looks utterly fantastic as is, so it's not as if we're getting some massive overhaul graphics wise.

Also - standalone expansion or not - Miles looks fucking incredible. The concept of seeing Insomniac's New York City in the middle of Christmas has really sold me as is.

Given that The City That Does Not Sleep lasts around the 10-15 hour mark in total, I'd imagine Miles will clock in around there too.