Awoo.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4 & PS5)

Sonictrainer

ITSV Suit reveal. Holy CRAP did they knock this one out of the park. THE ANIMATIONS ACTUALLY CHANGE TO RESEMBLE THE MOVIE.

• Thumbs Up 4

They actually lowered the framerate to match the movie's animation style. This game deserves every praise it gets.

35 minutes ago, Ghostly Gogglehead CC14 said:

ITSV Suit reveal. Holy CRAP did they knock this one out of the park. THE ANIMATIONS ACTUALLY CHANGE TO RESEMBLE THE MOVIE.

They even added the comic effects from the movie!

First the Spider cat and now this!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I played the game for about 2 hours and I can't believe how good this is and how even better they made the web swinging, Jesus Almighty. Easily the GOTY to me. It's just pure fun.

Anyone else prefer Miles to Peter after into the Spiderverse and now this game? Didn't really care for him before, but its kinda funny how the non comic stuff seemingly handles him better than the source material.

He's waaaaay better in my opinion. Both Insomniac and the Spiderverse writers done amazing stuff with Miles. I was not much fond of the character in the comics, I still preferred Peter, but he's my favorite Spidey now. I hope Marvel Studios can introduce him properly in the future.

I don't know if Miles has gotten better in the comics, but at the start, I was not the biggest fan of him, especially compared to Peter Parker. I know they did something where they merged the Ultimate and main universe I think, with both Miles and Peter Spider-Man, so maybe he got better as it went along. He was great in Spider-Verse though, and the Spider-Man PS Series has made me really like him, especially this game. I still prefer Peter, but Miles has grown on me really fast and he's a genuinely great character now. The Miles Morales game legitimately got to me sometimes with the emotional moments, but I don't want to spoil anything.

I have to say, it was a great idea for Insomniac to do both Miles and Peter though. A lot of people like a younger, inexperienced Spider-Man, whereas others really like an older, experienced one. I prefer the adult, more experienced Spider-Man myself but I certainly don't dislike a younger one. I have no idea if they plan to do more Miles games in the future, but I genuinely hope we get more. It keeps things fresh, and Miles has some really unique powers that are extremely fun in combat. 

Anyone who was wary about Miles in the comics should check out the newest run by Saladin Ahmed. I'm not exaggerating when I say it fixed 90% of the problems I had with his corner of the universe with the remaining stuff just being unfortunately baked in pretty deep by Bendis and co.

As a Miles fan It's been great to see him hit his stride in the comics, the movies and now the game. I think he's had the knock on effect of making Peter a better character too since it's forced him to mature a lot more to set a good example. 

Gonna go against the grain by saying I actually really love the Bendis Miles run. (Aside from occasional weirdness like when they were trying to transition him into becoming "Spy-D.") Need to check out more of the Ahmed run. I've read the first trade, but it doesn't really have me hooked yet. (Aside from the fun team-up with Cap and Rhino.)

I do like how they've integrated both Peter and Miles, and gives us different flavors of Spider Man; Peter is forced to mature and act like an actual adult and mentor the next generation, which brings him closer to the people who grew up with the character and had to mature themselves. While Miles occupies Peter's old spot as the younger and less experienced hero, while also embodying today's youth and the problems they have to face, which are very different from the problems Peter had to face in his youth. 

It's a genius way of modernizing an old concept, without letting go of it entirely.  It really establishes there's more than enough room for both Peter and Miles to coexist without downplaying one or the other. And I really enjoy Peter and Miles` dynamic. 

• 1 year later...