Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

This photo perfectly captures my reaction if this comes to pass:

noooo.jpeg

Good news fellow TP fan:

Transformers Prime Season 3 will be 16 Episodes, NOT the Final Season

Transformers Prime voice actors Jeffrey Combs and Tony Todd are appearing at the El Paso Comic Con in Texas this weekend - and at a joint panel Jeffrey Combs has dropped a few bombshells regarding the future of the Transformers Prime series. By way of 2005 Boards member MiraiBaby who is at the convention we can relay this news to you:

• Season 3 will only last 16 episodes
  • Combs just finished recording the last episode to season 3
  • UPDATE Jeffrey Combs confirmed today 9/16/2012 that there will be a fourth season of Transformers Prime - the series will NOT end with season 3. Early cutoff rumor untrue."

What this means for the recently revealed "Beast Hunters" and the leaked Hasbro document suggesting Transformers Prime is planned to continue through 2015 is unclear - more information will hopefully follow. Keep it TFW2005 and we will share more information as it reaches us.

http://www.tfw2005.c...-season-175936/

tumblr_m81igdKXB11rcftipo1_400.gif

How would you know, you got beaten by Grimlock who used your optics to unlock a door.

angry.png

Edited by Hardshell

This might seem kinda random, but do any of you guys have a recommendation for a website to buy Transformers figures? I usually stick with Amazon or ebay, but some of the prices seem kinda steep and they seem to have a limited selection.

I've only managed to see FoC versions of Shockwave, Optimus Prime and Jazz. I also saw a Soundwave that was around the £100 - £200 price region for some reason. And Bruticus...that doesn't look right, or maybe it's just me. I'm expecting them to appear perfectly matched to the design they are based upon...perhaps that is not realistic...

This might seem kinda random, but do any of you guys have a recommendation for a website to buy Transformers figures? I usually stick with Amazon or ebay, but some of the prices seem kinda steep and they seem to have a limited selection.

I've only managed to see FoC versions of Shockwave, Optimus Prime and Jazz. I also saw a Soundwave that was around the £100 - £200 price region for some reason. And Bruticus...that doesn't look right, or maybe it's just me. I'm expecting them to appear perfectly matched to the design they are based upon...perhaps that is not realistic...

pretty hard to get your hands on the original War for Cybertron figures now, There was Optimus, Bumblebee, Soundwave & Megatron, very nice quality and large figures compared to the FoC figures, i got mine from Ebay near release for them, not so sure anymore.

Comparing the War for Cybertron Optimus figure with the Fall of Cybertron Optimus is... Qiute the disappointment really, FoC Optimus is so damn small it's not even funny.

But Shockwave is awesome.

So I guess it's justified.

wow that episode was...Wow! never seen Optimus be such a badass! with all that mountain leaping. dodging all that con fire in his truck form... and holy shit i've never seen Megatron look so afraid and speechless! Prime is truly a force to be reckoned with now! can't wait till next friday! hnnnngh...

• Thumbs Up 1

Edited by gunthetra
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guntherrrr are you pre-ordering MP-13 Soundwave? you better be.

YOU BETTER BE.

I want it badly since G1 Soundwave is of my favorite mecha designs, but I didn't preorder it. I'd rather not spend $150+ now when it will likely get a cheaper US release sometime next year.

I'm currently hunting Toys R Us stores near me to see if any have MP-10 Optimus Prime 2.0. The bad boy just came out over 'ere and he's $100 less than the Takara version.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've not been keeping up with TFP much :( where's Starscream in all of this? Dead? Friggin' immortal as usual?

I'm guessing the recent episodes involve a hardcore Prime vs. The Big Meg' fight? If so, well, it's about time I got into TFP :D

Fourth BAYFORMERS movie I see? *sigh* Michael Bay has become the Ken Penders of TF...

Comparing the War for Cybertron Optimus figure with the Fall of Cybertron Optimus is... Qiute the disappointment really, FoC Optimus is so damn small it's not even funny.

But Shockwave is awesome.

So I guess it's justified.

I was curious, so I found a photo somebody took with both Optimus...es? to see them myself.

510.jpg

What the - ?!

Even Jazz and Bumblebee are bigger. That's kinda strange...it's also weird for me to see Megatron, Bumblebee & the others, all being the same size. I guess I would've preferred if they had the characters to scale a certain way so they would look natural together. *shrug*

Heh, I was reading Soniko and Gunthr's posts thinking "What? MP-10 Optimus Prime 2.0? MP-13 Soundwave? Does not compute!" I was more confused than Optimus was here:

Primedeux.jpg

Then I checked Kapow-toys site and spotted this:

focsoundblaster1.jpg

...0_0...That's what you where talking about?! DAMN!! It really is sexy! So much better than the other one. I think I just came...

• Thumbs Up 1

i wish i still had money to actually keep up with the toys, the FOC figures out so far look great, tho i'm just waiting on voyager Grimlock.

MP soundwave is so fucking bought though, the 'Bro better bring that stateside. Definitely try and look for the TRU exclusive new MP prime.

Edited by Miss Atomic Bomb
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was curious, so I found a photo somebody took with both Optimus...es? to see them myself.

510.jpg

What the - ?!

Even Jazz and Bumblebee are bigger. That's kinda strange...it's also weird for me to see Megatron, Bumblebee & the others, all being the same size. I guess I would've preferred if they had the characters to scale a certain way so they would look natural together. *shrug*

Heh, I was reading Soniko and Gunthr's posts thinking "What? MP-10 Optimus Prime 2.0? MP-13 Soundwave? Does not compute!" I was more confused than Optimus was here:

Primedeux.jpg

Then I checked Kapow-toys site and spotted this:

focsoundblaster1.jpg

...0_0...That's what you where talking about?! DAMN!! It really is sexy! So much better than the other one. I think I just came...

that's a repaint of the WfC Soundwave with Soundblaster's colour scheme, Blue posted the masterpiece Soundwave due out this winter, it looks friggen perfect.

some deets on MP-13 Soundwave

• He's in scale with MP-10 Optimus and the all the MP's besides MP-01/05 and Megatron
  • His cassette chest has been moulded to hold the original G1 Cassetticons
  • photos from Botcon & Winter Fest suggest he may come wity Laserbeak, Ravage & Rumble.
  • you can store his shoulder cannon and sonic disruptor in a hidden back compartment
  • if you pre-order him he comes with energon cube crates that can attach to his chest.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

that Soundblaster is a repaint of a new, bigger WFC Soundwave that comes with some cassettebots (which is out in asia now).

Heh, I was reading Soniko and Gunthr's posts thinking "What? MP-10 Optimus Prime 2.0?

There are two different Optimus molds in the Masterpeice line: The orignal MP-01, and MP-10.

MP-01 is heftier and blockier & has lots of die-cast and gimmicks, while MP-10 is a bit more animation-accurate and in-scale with other Masterpiece figures (namely Grimloick, Rodimus, and the Seekers) but doesn't retain all the gimmicks the original had.

MP-01

transformers-masterpiece-mp-01-optimus-prime-convoy-69a6.jpg

MP-10

Masterpiece-Optimus-Prime-Version-2-01_1308379578.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

that Soundblaster is a repaint of a new, bigger WFC Soundwave that comes with some cassettebots (which is out in asia now).

There are two different Optimus molds in the Masterpeice line: The orignal MP-01, and MP-10.

MP-01 is heftier and blockier & has lots of die-cast and gimmicks, while MP-10 is a bit more animation-accurate and in-scale with other Masterpiece figures (namely Grimloick, Rodimus, and the Seekers) but doesn't retain all the gimmicks the original had.

MP-01

transformers-masterpiece-mp-01-optimus-prime-convoy-69a6.jpg

MP-10

Masterpiece-Optimus-Prime-Version-2-01_1308379578.jpg

i don't know what it is, but i really dislike the head sculpt for MP-10 prime, maybe because his eyes are a little dull due to no clear plastic light piping on the back of his head? that and his eyes look too slanted to be good ol' G1 prime... maybe i'm over analysing this...

speaking of collections and figures, best i show Gunth my Steel Hearts Shockwave

199365_4070059784219_1417837808_n.jpg

Edited by Super Soniko

That made me laugh quite a lot.

Thank you Hardshell, you aren't as useless as I thought. haha you got killed by grimlock

We don't mention that incident here.

i don't know what it is, but i really dislike the head sculpt for MP-10 prime, maybe because his eyes are a little dull due to no clear plastic light piping on the back of his head? that and his eyes look too slanted to be good ol' G1 prime... maybe i'm over analysing this...

Personally, I like the more anime-esque look of the new Prime. Lack of light piping is a bummer, though.

Also, I was mistaken: US MP Prime 2.0 is out next month, not now. Apparently, he'll be out in the UK in TRU sometime after that, if any Britfriends are interested.

I did see a decent stock of MP Thundercrackers in a TRU today but I passed on it. I don't usually go for Masterpieces & I feel like if I own one MP Seeker, it'd have to be Starscream.

speaking of collections and figures, best i show Gunth my Steel Hearts Shockwave

-sexy Clcyops-

...I hate you.

I'll try to show off some of my shit tomorrow (once I straighten up what my cat knocked over last night orz). tbh, I'm far more interested in the figures than I am with the actual Transformers fiction, ahah.

Edited by gunthetra
  • Thumbs Up 2

Gunthy my (forbidden? impossible?) love you should really get interested in the Fall of Cybertron universe. I think you'd like it.