Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I showed the trailer to a friend of mine who is a huge Transformers fan and both of our reactions in regards to Optimus was ":O!". Yes, I know it's Michael Bay and we shouldn't get too hyped, but still...it's something one did not see coming.

Yeah. But believe it or not, that wasn't even the biggest thing in the trailer. I think I've figured out the new movies plot and it makes sense with what this movie is trying to do and it works with the other 3 movies.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:20 PM, sonicgirl313 said:

The poster for Transformers - The Last Knight has been released and suddenly I feel less confident that Bumblebee would live. I kept insuring my entire family that he was too popular to did but after see that poster, I'm having doubts. Admittedly my first reaction was to slap my hands over my mouth with wide eyes before proceeding to shout "Noooooo!!!!!!!!!" Bumblebee is my favorite character and the thought of him getting killed off is both shocking and saddening. My brother on the other hand is rooting for his death, he's been wanting him to get killed off ever since Dark of the Moon since he was annoyed that my favorite character lived while his favorites kept constantly getting killed off. Pretty much in every film my brother has seen one of his favorite characters die.

lL5DswG.jpg

I'm kind of curious if the supposed Bumblebee solo movie is a sign of his survival. Then again it could be a prequel.

Man, I remember when we were talking about MP-13 (Soundwave) in this topic. Now they've not only finally done Megatron, but they're all the way up to MP-37, and it's Artfire. Fuckin' Artfire of all guys. These are interesting times.

Here's a snap of some of the TFs I own. Just waiting on Brainstorm now. Merry Maximus!

20161202_014857.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Jolly-Ass J said:

Man, I remember when we were talking about MP-13 (Soundwave) in this topic. Now they've not only finally done Megatron, but they're all the way up to MP-37, and it's Artfire. Fuckin' Artfire of all guys. These are interesting times.

Here's a snap of some of the TFs I own. Just waiting on Brainstorm now. Merry Maximus!

20161202_014857.jpg

Awesome collection! I've actually been forming a collection of my own. So far I have a total of 13 Transformers; 6 from Combiner Wars, 6 from Robots in Disguise 2015, and 1 from Titans Return.

• Thumbs Up 1

So you remember the tank I mentioned that was in the background with Anthony Hopkins in the "Freya the Dog" video and how fans were supeculating that the tank was a transformer. Well it has been confirmed by Michael Bay recently that is indeed the case.

We got another Transformer added to the fold and Michael Bay described the character as having "Robot Dementia." Some think the tank could be Warpath since the name had been floating around set, but others suggested the possibility of the character being Kup.

44 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

So you remember the tank I mentioned that was in the background with Anthony Hopkins in the "Freya the Dog" video and how fans were supeculating that the tank was a transformer. Well it has been confirmed by Michael Bay recently that is indeed the case.

We got another Transformer added to the fold and Michael Bay described the character as having "Robot Dementia." Some think the tank could be Warpath since the name had been floating around set, but others suggested the possibility of the character being Kup.

Or Blitzwing

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kirby1up said:

well the prime votes have begun. http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/media/transformers-power-of-primes:27F9B879-5056-9047-F5B7-E5C51F996F4A

and here are your choices. (yes these are the only choices we have and one of them is a blank slot)

15622048_1272396496163875_5664150879044191154_n.jpg

Ack, Hound, UM, and shockwave are all options, the choice is so haaaaarrrrddddd. also Primal is chaos?

Ok, did Ultra Mag, Shockwave, and Thunderwing

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Ack, Hound, UM, and shockwave are all options, the choice is so haaaaarrrrddddd. also Primal is chaos?

So the voting is over and Hasbro as revealed the final contenders for each of the rounds along with a Wild Card category.

The Winner for Honor Category is Ultra Magnus.

Ultra Magnus

The Winner for the Chaos Category is Optimus Primal. (No Surprise there.)

Optimus Primal

The Winner for the Order Category is Star Saber.

Star Saber

Finally the character for the Wildcard option is Unknown Evil.

Unknown Evil

So yeah there's going to be no Megatron Prime. :( Honestly I'm shocked, I thought for sure he would make it to the final round since me along with other people were voting for him. But nope he got beaten by Star Saber. Oh well guess I'll start rooting for Optimus Primal now, mainly because I want to see how his name will change upon becoming a Prime. Can't name him Optimus Prime since the name is obviously taken. XD Though in the end, I'll still refer to Rodimus Prime as the best Prime. I just like him too much.

Voting for the final candidates will start on February 1st, remember that the winner will be a huge change for this franchise and will most likely affect future incarnations. So who do you want to become the next Prime?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

So the voting is over and Hasbro as revealed the final contenders for each of the rounds along with a Wild Card category.

The Winner for Honor Category is Ultra Magnus.

Ultra Magnus

The Winner for the Chaos Category is Optimus Primal. (No Surprise there.)

Optimus Primal

The Winner for the Order Category is Star Saber.

Star Saber

Finally the character for the Wildcard option is Unknown Evil.

Unknown Evil

So yeah there's going to be no Megatron Prime. :( Honestly I'm shocked, I thought for sure he would make it to the final round since me along with other people were voting for him. But nope he got beaten by Star Saber. Oh well guess I'll start rooting for Optimus Primal now, mainly because I want to see how his name will change upon becoming a Prime. Can't name him Optimus Prime since the name is obviously taken. XD Though in the end, I'll still refer to Rodimus Prime as the best Prime. I just like him too much.

Voting for the final candidates will start on February 1st, remember that the winner will be a huge change for this franchise and will most likely affect future incarnations. So who do you want to become the next Prime?

I'll vote. I have no idea who Star Saber is, so I'll go Ultra Magnus, he was cheated of prime-hood back in the original series, and many of his various versions have shown they'd make a great prime. That, and I'm really curious to see what they'll do design wise

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright big news concerning Transformers - The Last Knight. So the synopsis got dropped and the Super Bowl TV Spot has been uploaded on Youtube. While only 32 seconds, I consider it mind blowing 32 seconds since it does for the most part have all new footage. There will be an extended version this Sunday and it will be 55 seconds. Pretty much all I can say is, like father like son.

Also I will say this so no one panics like I did. Grimlock is fine, he's not going to be another Ratchet.

Now as for the synopsis, according to it this movie is going to be a big game changer. So pretty much after this point, everything will be different now in the Transformers movies.

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

Now Michael Bay has shared even more insight on this synopsis and what he says has left me with questions.

I’ve been living in this franchise for over 10 years now. For Transformers: The Last Knight, we put together a writers’ room designed to greatly expand our mythology, integrating our films in a whole new way. Every movie will interlink.

It was a huge task to expand mythology from the beginning of the world throughout history. We had a great team of writers: Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind); Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man); Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down); Zak Penn (Ready Player One); Lindsey Beer (Barbie); Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Tomb Raider); Christina Hodson (Bumblebee); Steven DeKnight (Daredevil, Smallville); Jeff Pinkner (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Lost); and Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari (Ant-Man).

Through the summer of 2015, they worked in a huge space on the Paramount lot, surrounded by over 10,000 concept images from the franchise’s history: the movies, cartoons, and comic books. They had a life-size Bumblebee, a Megatron head, and many other props staring them down. We pulled from everything. It was a fan’s dream room.

We brought in Transformers historians from Hasbro to educate them on where Transformers has been – so that they could figure out where it can go.

I can safely say that there’s never been a Transformers film with the huge visual scope and expansive mythology as this movie, The Last Knight.

It’s bittersweet for me. With every Transformers film, I’ve said it would be my last. I see the 120 million fans around the world who see these movies, the huge theme park lines to the ride and the amazing Make- A-Wish kids who visit my sets, and it somehow keeps drawing me back. I love doing these movies. This film was especially fun to shoot. But, this time might really be it. So I’m blowing this one out.

It’s a final chapter and a new beginning. Here’s the writers’ log line:

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference.

In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.

That last line is what spawned questions and maybe even some doubts in my mind. So only one world is to survive in the end, the question is which, Cybertron or Earth. As you can tell from the TV Spot the strange planet thing we saw is destroying the Earth. It's safe to say that thing is definitely not Unicron but rather Cybertron itself. Optimus will not be the hero in this film if the synopsis is any indication. Optimus being controlled by his creators is going to be a fairly early point in the film rather than a late one like we all thought. Which means he might be an antagonist force for most of the film. This is kind of shocking since the last time Optimus was primarily an antagonist force was back in G1 "Dark Awakening." Though when he was like that, no one really did like that at all. I also think that this could mean that Megatron could end up as an unlikely hero... maybe. It's still questionable since he was also seen with the strange red paint on his face that seem to have some kind of purpose.

But with all they said I'm actually starting to wonder... could it be possible that Hasbro is ready to try again with the death of Optimus and that this time there is no revival. I'm just becoming less and less confident of Optimus living based on everything that has been said. Everything thinks that they're getting ready to set up Bumblebee as the new Prime hence the Last Knight. I like Bumblebee... but the thought of Optimus dying permanently makes me worried and kind of sad. All this time I always took 1986 for granted, boasting about how Hasbro would never kill Optimus off permanently ever again because the incident scared them too much. But if he does die and it's permanent, I have to say that I probably will finally understand what those kids felt like in 1986.

EDIT: Just ignore the part about me talking about the death of Optimus. The producers of the films have admitted they don't see any way the films could continue moving forward without Optimus. So yeah, he's not gonna die.

On 12/23/2016 at 1:50 PM, sonicgirl313 said:

Speaking of tanks, did anyone else look at that robot from Stallone's Judge Dredd and be reminded of G2 Megatron? A little bit? Kind of? Sort of?

Also when are we gonna see the big guy again? Or has the media from the last decade overexposed him?

"Then how in the name of creation…"

Spoiler

unicron.gif

4 minutes ago, Âmesang said:

Speaking of tanks, did anyone else look at that robot from Stallone's Judge Dredd and be reminded of G2 Megatron? A little bit? Kind of? Sort of?

Also when are we gonna see the big guy again? Or has the media from the last decade overexposed him?

"Then how in the name of creation…"

Hide contents

unicron.gif

Maybe in one of the future movies but definitely not this one since we finally know the strange planet we saw is actually Cybertron. So no Unicron yet. We are getting Quintessons so it'll probably be a matter of time.

Alright so somehow last night the Extended TV Spot got uploaded early on Paramount's Youtube channel. They removed it within a few others but people had already reuploaded it on their own Youtube channels. So today Micheal Bay (while not his exact words) basically said "Screw it, people have already seen it! No sense in hiding it!" and uploaded it on his Youtube channel. So now you get to see 22 extra seconds of footage! Transformers fans are apparently thrilled because in this TV Spot the movie is continuing on its promise to show that it actually remembers continuity.

Okay sorry for the double post so quickly but some unexpected news actually just dropped. So apparently due to the extended version getting leaked early, Paramount surprised fans by revealing the Mini Dinobots. Basically a few months back, Mini Dinobots which are essential Baby Dinobots were revealed for the film. So yeah, Grimlock is gonna be a Daddy in this film. (So they better not kill him off!) But it's not only Grimlock who'll be a parent, Strafe which is basically the movie version of Swoop and Slug is revealed to have their own Dinobots. As to how the Mini Dinobots even appeared... I'd rather not touch that subject. But anyway here they are.

[IMG]

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

So does everyone remember this little guy that practically everyone hated and I said that it looked like his eyes could stare stright into my soul?

54de09bb97b7aabb4e2f97c2ece67392

Yeah Squeeks, the little robot that we assumed would be the annoying kid appeal robot that would contribute nothing to the plot and would only serve as the comic relief. Well... that didn't turn out to be the case. So Hasbro will be revealing their TLK toyline tomorrow and because of this, Yahoo got an exclusive sneak peek at the RC Squeeks toy. At first it seemed like the generic kid appeal with it's whole dance function... but then you learn that is only one function. His other is actually Combat Mode. I am not making this up. Squeeks is equipped with a large blaster that's almost twice his size and his eyes turn red. He's a freaking death machine! In a way he's kind of like the movie version of Fixit from Robots in Disguise 2015 due to the fact he has a similar premise, kid appeal character that's capable of being an overpowered death machine.

File:Fixit-Tranformers-Robots-in-Disguise-Animated-Series.jpgFile:TroubleWithFixit Fixit opens fire.jpg

You know this makes the fact I found Squeeks eyes frightening in the first place even more frightening. Anyway you can watch the video in the link below.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/transformers-toys-remote-controlled-sqweeks-is-more-than-meets-the-eye-exclusive-first-look-155625186.html

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So we got a new announcement concerning not "The Last Knight" but rather the Bumblebee movie aka Transformers 6. The director for the movie has been announced and nearly everyone is shocked about who is taking on the job.

The director for the Bumblebee movie will be none other than Travis Knight. This director was responsible for directing the animated 2016 hit "Kubo and the Two Strings." He was also an animation director for the movie "Coraline." So with Michael Bay not at the helm for this film and instead a director who has most experience in children's animation films, be prepared to notice a very obvious shift in tone for the Bumblebee movie. Also by picking a director that mostly has experience in animated films, this might indicate that there will indeed be a large amount of focus on Bumblebee which is good.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-senedtor-missile/?status=856997&type=status

This is a link to a thing I realized:

You know, it's just hit me that for all of the Transformers cartoons we've had, not a single one of them has ever had a Decepticon as the main protagonist.

Like picture this: A rank and file grunt/mid level soldier gets sick of serving the Decepticons because he believes that the group as a whole has strayed far from their original cause, but he's also too bitter and cynical about the Autobots to even consider joining them, believing them at best to be idealistic fools chasing a fantasy world (Optimus and his friends) and at worst secretly sadistic bastards who want the old status quo back where the elite oppressed the weak and ruled with an iron fist (the metal pun is not intended).

As such, the protagonist ends up deserting and heads off to a planet that just so happens to be conveniently filled with a divergent version of Cybetronians who can't transform for whatever reason, and he finds himself entangled in a conspiracy where the heads of this world's government are fascists controlling the population with an invisible but iron fist. Thus he fights them with the help of the obligatory plucky sidekick who helps him come to terms with what it originally meant to be a Decepticon while also helping with his personal biases and hatred against the Autobots/other Cybertronians who he believes are scum. Also later on you could have a group of Autobots come to hunt him down led by a supposedly good Autobot who's secretly a sadist who's pretty much everything that the protagonist hates about the worst of the Autobots. And maybe throw in his old Decepticon comrades who try to force him back into the Con army or something.

I know it might be possible that the comics did this idea already, but I dunno, just a thought. What do you guys think?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, SenEDtor Missile said:

Kind of sounds like the idea behind Lockdown. Heck or even Sideways from the Unicron trilogy.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Whelp the results have been announced for the next Prime. Hold on to your seats because the Transformers who shall be becoming the next Prime is...

C4-Jg3LUcAEV7uh.jpg

Optimus Primal!

Yeah so the one I voted for won! Whoo! I'm going to see my question answered about what his Prime name will become! Yeah.

I actually have I bit of an idea of how everyone ranked from the Transformers forum I'm on... well sort of. The people on that forums voted for Star Saber more and actually thought he was going to win. Anyways, here's what I can gather what the stats were like since Hasbro didn't reveal that, only the winner.

1st - Optimus Primal
2nd - Star Saber
3rd - Unknown Evil
4th - Ultra Magnus

Man poor Ultra Magnus, barely anyone wanted him to become the next Prime.

4 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

C4-Jg3LUcAEV7uh.jpg

Optimus Primal!

Yeah so the one I voted for won! Whoo! I'm going to see my question answered about what his Prime name will become! Yeah.

It'll probably be something like Primal Prime or something, since Optimus Prime is taken.

18 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

It'll probably be something like Primal Prime or something, since Optimus Prime is taken.

I was thinking maybe Primalus Prime since they had that whole rhyming theme going on with Optimus and Rodimus.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright a brand new trailer for Transformers The Last Knight has been released! This trailer seems more primarily focused on Cade and Optimus as we get some more explanation for the story and exactly what the Omega Lock is meant to do. We also get to see our first look at the Quintessons, pacifically a female one known as Quintessa whom claims to be Optimus' creator. Also my faith of Bumblebee surviving that battle is constantly dwindling.

Long as the movie does not focus on that little girl. I'm hyped. Honestly less humans the better

• 2 weeks later...

So we finally got confirmation. Frank Welker shall be voicing Megatron in Transformers: The Last Knight! So Frank Welker fans rejoice because the original voice is back once again!