Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

I liked it, but a few things bugged me:

What happened to Shockwave? Did he just...disappear?

Where is Megatron going? I know he changed, but still.

What are the Predacons gonna do with Starscream?

What did they do with Unicron? 

And the final battle was just rushed Unicron opens up, dead.

They really should have made it longer.

Just got finished watching Predacon Rising. 

Overall, I really liked it! There were some plot holes that Azure Yakuzu mentioned, but there were so many feels from that ending!

michael+sad.gif

That ending was really feelsy. I loved it. Was a great movie, but I can't help but agree with the two posts above about the plotholes. Specially since I'm wondering what happened to Shockwave, albeit I'm pretty sure Megatron went with Shockwave to... Drink tea and talk about ponies I presume. And Starscream surely got FUBAR (Fucked up beyond all repair). But OH WELL at least Knockout survived. In a glorious way. Still a bit sad that Dinobots were never shown in the Prime universe, would've been great to see them in the show finale. And it irks me that only two out of hundreds (not literally) of proper Predacons were shown in this movie but whatever.

Of course, this makes me think about the new sequel show thingy that was confirmed (?) a while ago. Don't think it'll be a Prime sequel but who knows. Still a great movie. I liked it.

Anyways, the movie made me want to get the not-FirstEdition Deluxe normal-Prime Arcee toy. Is it worth a purchase?

RID Arcee is the most screen accurate besides the giant bat wings. Eh, get her. She'll be reduced halfway to hell price-wise anyways.

Is it wrong that:

Some tiny part of me wanted to see Unicron's power accidentally pull Soundwave back into the real world, but after seeing that Unicron is controlling Megatron's body, ends up fighting against him, and saying in his own voice "I only serve Megatron" or something like that? And that in the end, after Megatron regains his free will, he and Megatron end up leaving the planet together since they aren't really needed/wanted on Cybertron?

Granted, some other part of me thinks that Soundwave being trapped in the Shadowzone is probably going to turn him insane, with only his obsession/undying loyalty to Megatron keeping him going, and that some kind of event in the rumored sequel is going to have him

and Terrorcon Airachnid

return, a relic of an age gone by or something like that.

Also, I personally figure that Shockwave ended up using his scientific skills to help with the restoration of Cybertron, since the Decepticons no longer exist as a whole, and frankly he really doesn't have anywhere to go. Of course, he'll be placed under heavy security to make sure his experiments don't go to the extent that they did while he was a Decepticon, but eh, who knows.

OH and additionally:

Following the whole "Soundwave gets pulled out of the Shadowzone shtick", he ends up analyzing Unicron/Megatron to find a weakpoint based on Unicron's personality and attack style, allowing for the Autobot/Decepticon/Predacon forces to battle Unicron better, thus allowing for Optimus to seal Unicron away in a more dramatic fashion than the actual ending. Wishful thinking yeah, but I felt like it.

Edited by 743 ED Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

Finally watched Predacons Rising.

It was... eh. Had it's fair share of problems that I couldn't help but notice, the obvious ones like "Where the hell did Airachnid and the Insecticons go?" and "Where the hell did Shockwave go?", and who could forget "Where the hell did Soundwave go?" but a few others.

-Ultra Magnus gets crippled in the early stages of the film. First his hand gets destroyed, now this. Considering he was one of Prime's scarce successes in character development, they sure did like to use him as "that tough guy getting beaten up to show how tough the other tough guy is", huh?

-Bumblebee ordering the other Autobots around. He didn't really get to properly develop as a commander like Cheetor did in Beast Wars, he just sort of took charge and suddenly knew what he was doing, like Rodimus Prime.

-Starscream's fate. I would have loved it if the film ended on Starscream sitting on the throne. But then the Predacons show up and probably kill him. I get that Starscream's a hapless loser, but Prime really exaggerated how much the universe hated him, to a Waspinator-esq extent. And I feel like it didn't totally work with me.

-NO FOWLER. WHAT THE H?

That's not to say it didn't have it's up moments, though.

-Knockout. A good ending to a great character, this solidified him as one of my favorite Decepticons.

-The ending was sad, but I'm glad Optimus is finally dead. He deserved an honorable death like that.

-Megatron's final moments were well done. He could dish it the fuck out, but he couldn't take it. Seems like he's really done this time.

-Ratchet still appeared despite choosing to remain on Earth. If Optimus had died without saying goodbye to his best friend, I would've been unhappy.

-Optimus and Wheeljack seemed to like and respect each other. It was... nice.

-No Miko, Raf and What's-his-name-I-don't-care-any-more. Woo!

Overall, it felt like a bum note for Prime to go out on. I honestly feel like it was more of a beginning than an ending, creating more loose ends than it tied up and such, and even though it had it's moments it was a step down from Season 3, to me at least.

I am curious as Optimus' rebirth, would've been nice to see more details about exactly what happened with him. That could make a good premise to the sequel show, all about Optimus after he was reborn and de-Prime-ified.

I just feel like it could have been so much more.

So what's next for Transformers? A sequel to Prime, or a new show? I'm good with either, really. As long as the toys don't suck!

Edited by Princess Joker
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

What I love about the movie toys is that I don't want to buy them. Saves me a lot of money!

IKR? The only movie toy I ever bothered with was the Thundercracker redeco of Starscream from the TF2 releases, but that's 'cause it's Thundercracker. And the colours were actually half-decent.

• 2 weeks later...

So after a century of procrastinating, I finally got around to buying the Dark of the Moon video game, since I enjoyed (somewhat) the previous movie tie-in games.

And I'm glad I did, sure they use the ugly Bay movie designs, but it was hella fun~ Very intense battles and satisfying kills, I also liked the new Stealth Mode is really cool and saves a lot of headaches that I used to get with vehicle form in previous games, and I liked the sort of hybrid stealth level with Mirage, I guess this was experimentation for Cliff Jumper's later level in Fall for Cybertron!

But out of the entire game, the best levels were the Soundwave/Laserbeak level, Iron Hide's level and Starscream vsing Stratosphere, really loved how Laserbeak controlled, although I didn't like Soundwave's voice in the game, it served it's purpose and he still sounded cold and calculating. The Iron Hide level was awesome, a great sense of destruction and it made Ironhide's load out MUCH better than previous games (that's high moon for you!) and the flying/fighting section in Starscream's chapter was satisfying as hell, loved how much damage you inflict to Stratosphere and the banter between he and Starscream. "Ohhh.. My transistors are trembling!" 

Over all, a very good game, shame it was so short, I'm guessing they'll continue it with the new movie since the game leaves a big cliff hanger as to what happens next, as well as cock teases you with Shockwave.

I just hope High Moon are going to be working on the next movie tie in game, because Transformers is where they do everything the best.

I'd be inclined to believe that Galvatron is basically a codename for Megatron, but honestly becoming Galvatron is probably the only way Megs can be brought back after DotM.

Either that or Galvatron is a completely seperate individual that might have a tenuous connection to Megatron (maybe a new mind in a rebuilt Megatron body?).

I hope he's as off-the-wall crazy as he was in Generation 1. I always liked that contrast to the typically intellectual Megatron.

But who knows, he could be the dimension-travelling psycho from the comics.

Particularly interesting, this.

Galvatron?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE

Edited by Johnny the Death Bringer

Never really like Galvatron's portrayal in G1 (Season 3 & 4 respectively) His voice doesn't match his character for someone so psychotic and cruel.

I love the Dinobot voices though, no doubt Bay will fuck them up like he did with Soundwave's iconic synthesizer voice though.

or outright not make them talk at all, ala Shockwave. 

'K, so a few days ago, I got Masterpiece Soundwave and his cassettes. They're really fun - money well spent IMO.

But I have a problem - the fins on Laserbeak and Buzzsaw's cannons have super tight joints, I can only get them to go diagonally instead of straight up. Also, I'm scared to apply pressure after reading horror stories of people breaking them off via too much pressure and the tight joints.

Any non-damaging solutions?

Generally, Galvatron is Megatron, but more powerful and with extra purple. Depending on the continuity, his alt-mode may be different and he may be batshit insane.

In all forms it is Megatron. But the original purpose was and usually is tied to Unicron in some form or fashion. Unicron upgraded, corrupted, used, etc megatron and in the process formed galvetron. And he always comes back in some way as well but is typically defeated by optimus through sheer force or sometimes megatron will break free of unicrons influence to kill himself to stop himself basically.

Considering Galvatron's involvement, I wonder if Unicron will be at least foreshadowed.

Or it'd be neat seeing Cyclonus and Scourge. Considering Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Laserbeak and Devastator are all in the Pit this really means the gruesome twosome are among the only iconic Decepticons that are like, left.

Here is my question, if we get Galvatron will he be voiced bythe original voice actor again(assuming hes alive)? that would be ultimate fan service

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Considering the film's apparent dinosaur theme, I'm wondering if the Predacons (the combiners and/or the faction) and/or Trypticon show up.

Guys, imagine Trypticon appearing in this. If Devastator (allegedly) melted a computer and made Steven Spielberg swear, imagine what trying to make a complex CG city sized MechaGodzilla knockoff would do.

• Thumbs Up 1