Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Thank Primus the fucking faces actually look like faces.

Lockdown looks sweet, be nice if they got Bishop to voice him again. Drift looks eh, it's a nice design but it makes me think of Bludgeon too much.

Can't wait to get a better look at Hound, Crosshairs (confirmed as the Corvette's final name), Stinger, the Dinobots and the Argosy Freightliner.

Speaking of which, who do you think the big silver truck IS?

Said to be Ultra Magnus per leaks. 

Would've liked Motor Master more but eh.

Ultra Magnus is my favourite Autobot, and he's a lot more popular than Motormaster or Nemesis Prime or whatever, so I'd be good with him making an appearance.

First look at Grimlock due to backpack

Transformers-Age-of-Extinction-Optimus-P

looks cool to me

Those for a second there those looked like designs for Transformers: Prime to me. Maybe it's due to me missing the show a lot.

2014-02-02_1391361422.png

Hello, Crosshairs! He's mean, green and packing serious heat.

He also has a trenchcoat for some reason. Cool, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my, that's the first time one of the Transformers movie trailers really surprised me. Maybe this movie wont be as bad as I thought. 

It looks like a series of explosions and car cash test videos with CGI robots in them and an editor with a slow motion fetish. Oh and Mark Wahlberg.

• Thumbs Up 2

It looks like a series of explosions and car cash test videos with CGI robots in them and an editor with a slow motion fetish. Oh and Mark Wahlberg.

Optimus Prime rides Grimlock while wielding a sword and wrecking shit. Do we really need more for a summer flick?
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you want to watch some story-driven film thing like uh 12 Years a Slave or those Oscar-winning films, then just go watch that. Transformers has been since day one a summer flick, it never meant to be taken as srs bsns, I mean it's based on a toy series for crying out loud. 

Meanwhile, let's talk about the best goddamn Autobot from the film. 

t4-2.gif

Fuck yeah Crosshairs. I need his toy in my veins.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just think that there are better ways to do it, and better directors than Bay to make it. I know it's a brain-dead summer flick, but does it need to be quite this bad?

• Thumbs Up 6

Sigh, this looks like garbage too, I don't know why I expected any different from Bay to be honest.

If you want to watch some story-driven film thing like uh 12 Years a Slave or those Oscar-winning films, then just go watch that. Transformers has been since day one a summer flick, it never meant to be taken as srs bsns, I mean it's based on a toy series for crying out loud.

If you want to make a paycheck from it, everything should be "srs bsns" to you.  If directors took their movies as seriously as the 10 year old boys that are going to watch them, then Jurassic Park and The Dark Knight would have been shit.

Michael Bay thinks of giant robots like fat greasy nerds think of fedoras- a free ticket to automatic awesomeness.  Even putting aside the lame characters and poor pacing, Transformers could be a phenomenal action movie if the action had any sense of cohesion or creativity.  When I watch action sequences in Transformers, Bay seems intent on making sure I'm unable to parse what the fuck is going on.  It's just a clusterfuck of motion blur, foreground elements, moving parts and dust particles.

I don't even know how many characters were actually participating in that battle.  Hell, sometimes I had trouble even telling if Optimus was facing towards or away from the camera.  Optimus was the only one I could tell apart- the rest just blended into each other. 

I could replicate the whole experience by frappeing a penny and watching it through a slit in a piece of cardboard.  On the other hand, look at Pacific Rim.  It's not perfect, but the actual battle isn't being continually drowned out by unnecessary clutter.

The camerawork is always stable and centered on one or two subjects, it always brings attention to what it wants to focus on whether it's the weapon being used or the scale of Gypsy or Otachi, the character design is distinguishable enough that your just looking at a body part you know whose it is and the pacing of the battle makes sense, i.e. it's always clear who has the upper hand at the time.  And sure, there was scenery and particles in the way now and then, but it was never deliberately obstructive.

Any form of movement technically qualifies as action, but good action makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, it's probably gonna suck smelly ass, but at the very least it'll be entertaining.

Plus, it's from these movies Hasbro makes the money to fund the much better cartoons, videogames, etc., so y'all can suck THAT popsicle >:V

• 2 weeks later...

New Transformers game coming either this year or the next. Probably the next year.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/5410982/new-transformers-game-rise-of-the-dark-spark-outed-for-xbox-one-and

Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and 3DS.

Sounds like a sequel to Fall of Cybertron. Or might be a new game altogether.

I'm not getting hyped until I know it's a third-person shooter along the lines of War For Cybertron and Fall Of Cybertron and made by High Moon Studios. 

Word on the street is that it is by High Moon, and that it's apparently a crossover between the WFC/FOC Universes and Movie Universes. Yep. it's TRANSONICFORMERS GENERATIONS.

As for some other news from Toy Fair, i'll just copypasta from TFW2005

- Sneak peek at AOE Grimlock, Bumblebee and more on display!
- Hasbro LOVES TF Fans!
- Not leaving"Fan" toys behind. 
- Amping up what they are doing
- Main line for Boys.
- Generations for Fans
- 54 Generations Toys in 2013, 73 for 2014!
- Movie and Classics Generations are coming, concurrent with main movie line
- Showing Movie Generations. High Octone Bumblebee, Deluxe 78 Camaro bumblebee
- Deluxe Crosshairs
- Deluxe Dinobot Slug (Triceratops purple and red)
- Dinobot Scorn
- Dexluxe Drift
- Dinobot Strafe - Flying Dino from Trailer
- Dinobot Slash - Blue, Baby Raptor

Generations Voyagers Wave 1
- Flat cab Optimus in G1 Colors
- Grimlock

Generations Wave 2
- Voyager Hound
- Galvatron confirmed as slash car/bot - Turns into black truck
- Prime and Grimlock are leaders
- All dinobots transform in movie
- All characters in movie will get Generations treatment

Classic Generations
- Legends Wave 3 - Gears and Eclipse
- All in room later (pics after panel)
- Acid Storm with Venin (mini drone piece)
- Deluce Wave 4 - Nightbeat (Goldfire remold?), Jhiaxus (armada Starscream Remold)
- Windblade (Fans Choice)

Voyager Wave 3
- Skybyte
- Roadbuster
- Both look amazing

Leaders
- Jetfire with vac metal pieces
- More leaders to come, not showing right now

Platinum and Masterpieces
- Not showing right now, reveal later in year

.......I need to see more before I get excited. This has the potential to either be really bad or really good. 

Hmmmm...

On the one hand I want to be ecstatic, since I was really worried about HM's fate after Deadpool.

On the other I'm kind of worried. One of the reasons I liked the WFC/FOC verse so much was that it took the 'best' elements from both the cartoons(designs and aesthetics) and the movies(sound). Not really sure how I feel about a crossover.

Hopefully the mp will take the best from the two previous games as well, since I found FOC's enjoyable, but a bit lacking.

Welp, ton of AOE toys and thus designs are out!

Swoop, Slag, Slash and Scorn

A7814---Strafe_1392515982.jpg

Slug-Robot_1392515922.jpg

A7815-Dinobot-Slash-Robot_1392515922.jpg

A6512_A6508_Scorn-Robot_1392515922.jpg

Apart from Slash, the Aqua one (or Sludge if you really have to go there) they look outstanding.

Drift

A7813_Drift_1392515922.jpg

...dat face

Voyager Hound

A65130003_A7946-VOYAGER-HOUND-1_13925164

Bulkhead, eat your heart out.

Evasion Mode Optimus Prime

A6513_OPTIMUS-PRIME-1_1392516401.jpg

OH GOD HE HAS MEGATRON'S HOBO SHOTGUN WHAT

Spoiler Character

A65130003_Gen-VOYAGER-GALVATRON-2_139251

Behold... GALVATRON.

Kinda looks like Darkseid.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here's something that might be interesting - our first glimpse (albeit as a silhouette) at MP-21, Bumblebee!

1393585335_BhjEFOzCQAAlsQ3.jpg:large.jpe

As the launch of the MP-20 Wheeljack is confirmed, the whole picture will be gradually revealed! The people in charge of development will be lifting the ban on information soon. The photograph is a silhouette of the prototype. Please forward to the follow-up of this place by all means. # TT_TF

Me, I'm still waiting in the (probably vain) hope that they'll eventually do what they did to Prime with MP-10 to Megatron and make him not tower over my Soundwave and (from what I've read) be not fragile.

Or Skywarp with the MP-11 mold, whichever comes first.

• Thumbs Up 1