Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

I thought he was killed by the Predacons at the end of Prime.

No, as I recall (and my recollection of Predacons Rising is not that great, because I found it quite disappointing after how great the last episode of season 3 had been), Starscream and Shockwave survived. After Megatron had freed himself from Unicron's control, Starscream urged him to strike now and conquer Cybertron now that Optimus was dead. And, in one of the most absurd face heel turns in all fiction, Megatron decided that, having experienced being oppressed by Unicron, he couldn't justify oppressing anyone else, and I think he just kinda left Starscream there. 

So, maybe Starscream's in prison or something? Or maybe he and Shockwave left Cybertron? Who knows? I'd like to know where Megatron went, honestly. He should be in prison at the very least, assuming he stuck around after Cybertron was regenerated. 

No, as I recall (and my recollection of Predacons Rising is not that great, because I found it quite disappointing after how great the last episode of season 3 had been), Starscream and Shockwave survived. After Megatron had freed himself from Unicron's control, Starscream urged him to strike now and conquer Cybertron now that Optimus was dead. And, in one of the most absurd face heel turns in all fiction, Megatron decided that, having experienced being oppressed by Unicron, he couldn't justify oppressing anyone else, and I think he just kinda left Starscream there. 

So, maybe Starscream's in prison or something? Or maybe he and Shockwave left Cybertron? Who knows? I'd like to know where Megatron went, honestly. He should be in prison at the very least, assuming he stuck around after Cybertron was regenerated. 

Yah, you're forgetting, the next scene has StarScream go to Kaon, to crown himself decepticon ruler, when the Predacons show up, and it definitely sounds as if he's being torn limb from limb

Also, I don't see Starscream ever being a leader, the only time his personality might have suited it is the Armada one(as little as I know about that one), and Megatron is dead... but Megatron the second isn't, we could see the rise of Predacon Megatron but... eh I'd much rather see them trying to reimagine another old school con as a leader for once, there's a number of options, and we haven't seen a number of them in CGI either (like Blitzwing, Cyclonus, or Astrotrain)

Yah, you're forgetting, the next scene has StarScream go to Kaon, to crown himself decepticon ruler, when the Predacons show up, and it definitely sounds as if he's being torn limb from limb

You're right, I am forgetting that. Last time I watched it, I was very distracted applying stickers to my Generations Metroplex... ;)

But then, I could see him surviving, if the writers wanted him back (or if Hasbro produced a toy...). 

Also, I don't see Starscream ever being a leader, the only time his personality might have suited it is the Armada one(as little as I know about that one), and Megatron is dead... but Megatron the second isn't, we could see the rise of Predacon Megatron but... eh I'd much rather see them trying to reimagine another old school con as a leader for once, there's a number of options, and we haven't seen a number of them in CGI either (like Blitzwing, Cyclonus, or Astrotrain)

You should read the IDW comics. Starscream was elected ruler of Cybertron. Elected, no less. 

Starscream is one of the main villains of IDW right now, hell, with the deconstructive treatment of Megatron the books go for and the sheer lengthiness of his coup so far, Starscream can even be considered the big bad depending how you interpret it. And it's incredible.

Bumblebee mentions Starscream (as well as Megatron and Dark Energon) in one episode and from what I've heard references him in at least another. I would NOT be surprised if not only Megatron returns in a later episode or season but ever the opportunist Starscream follows him soon after. Even bring back the other Decepticon generals, since Beastformers (and this series has them by the buttload) and atomic monsters n'shit tend to be Shockwave's forte, not to mention he probably created Grimlock, or erased his memory or something.

Mainly though, we need Ratchet and Jeffrey Combs back. He's still on Earth, right?

Starscream is one of the main villains of IDW right now, hell, with the deconstructive treatment of Megatron the books go for and the sheer lengthiness of his coup so far, Starscream can even be considered the big bad depending how you interpret it. And it's incredible.

I'm going to say that, in all honesty, the IDW comics are the finest version of Transformers I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. And that's a high bar for me. After it, I would rank Beast Wars, Prime, and the original Marvel UK comics run (has to be the UK version or there's too much awesome stuff missing). The way Simon Furman reimagined G1 at the beginning was incredibly refreshing, and the writers who've carried on from his time have just taken the foundations he laid and built a truly compelling world out of it. It has a wonderful balance of humour and seriousness, with a genuine sense of peril at all times. Nobody -- not even your favourite characters -- are safe, and all bets are completely off, but they haven't fallen into tired old cliches either. For instance, Optimus Prime has never died, Unicron has yet to appear, and the Autobots and Decepticons didn't spend four million years offline and buried under a volcano. It keeps me interested anyways, and it's also great to go back and read again, because you pick up on more on a second reading. 

And, if anyone wants the definitive order to read IDW's Transformers in, look no further. Seriously, reading it all in order is way better. 

The only part of the series I'm not terribly enamoured with, honestly, is All Hail Megatron and the ongoing Transformers series from about 2009 on -- although, that one got a lot better towards the end. More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise, however, have been pretty much wall-to-wall excellent from the beginning right through to... well, when I last read a new issue. I'm re-reading right now, though, so I need to catch up. I'll be up to date soon. 

Bumblebee mentions Starscream (as well as Megatron and Dark Energon) in one episode and from what I've heard references him in at least another. I would NOT be surprised if not only Megatron returns in a later episode or season but ever the opportunist Starscream follows him soon after. Even bring back the other Decepticon generals, since Beastformers (and this series has them by the buttload) and atomic monsters n'shit tend to be Shockwave's forte, not to mention he probably created Grimlock, or erased his memory or something.

Mainly though, we need Ratchet and Jeffrey Combs back. He's still on Earth, right?

Jeffrey Combs has become my definitive Ratchet voice. He's the voice I imagine whenever I read Ratchet's lines in the comics. Even the classic ones from the 1980's. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Any fans of Combiner Wars in this joint? Because Hasbro just posted something on their official facebook page that'll turn some heads (and open some wallets!)...

11054365_807878069282389_512077922494568

A shadowy image of two new Combiner Wars Deluxes, a retool of Wave 1 Aerialbot Firefly as another Autobot called Quickslinger and a retool of Wave 2 Stunticon Dead End as another Decepticon called Brakeneck.

What does this mean, do you ask? Well, Quickslinger and Brakeneck are names given to two certain Transformers characters whose official names are no longer available by copyright:

Slingshot and Wildrider.

Simpsons_Duff_Oh_Yeah_Black_Shirt_POP.jp

Hope you guys are ready for more Baysplosions! Because now there's going to be a fucking cinematic universe of them.

Marvel Studios has had a tremendous impact on the film industry, illustrating to great success the benefits of building a shared cinematic universe for your properties. The studio hasn’t just influenced rival comic book studios to do the same (Warner Bros./DC); the practice has started to leak into genres other than superhero. Whether it’s horror (Universal monsters), sci-fi (Star Wars), or supernatural action/comedy (Ghostbusters), everyone’s looking to jump into the goldmine of building cohesive movie worlds.

It seems that we can add another franchise to this growing list: Transformers. Paramount is in the early goings of putting together a brain trust to plot out the future of the robots in disguise on film, using James Cameron’s pre-production processon the Avatar sequels and Disney’s handling of the Star Wars brand as their blueprints.

The news comes courtesy of Deadline, which is reporting that the studio is negotiating a deal with Oscar-winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind). Should he sign on, Goldsman would work with Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg, and Transformers series producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura to organize what is being referred to as a “writer’s room.” From there, the team would outline the story for a multi-part Transformers sequel and brainstorm possible spinoff ideas.

Though Goldsman has penned a number of major Hollywood movies (his credits also include I Am Legend and I, Robot), it is not expected (at least at this stage) that he will write one of the new Transformers films. Instead, he will serve primarily as an overseer and help bring other scribes on board, as well as craft ideas for upcoming projects. The hope is to have something finalized shortly, so Bay can get involved following principal photography on his Benghazi thriller, 13 Hours.

Bumblebee-in-Transformers-3.jpg

From a financial standpoint, it’s no surprise that Paramount wants to keep investing in the Transformers business. Though Transformers Age of Extinction marked a low point for the franchise in terms of domestic gross ($245.4 million), it still crossed $1 billion globally and turned a hefty profit for the studio. Despite slews of negative reviews, the series has certainly been able to draw in mass crowds – making it likely future films would see similar success.

It’s unknown at this juncture what any of these movies might entail in regards to the plot, but the brand is ripe for story possibilities. Even if Transformers movies need to operate within sci-fi action/adventure tropes (unlike Marvel, who can blend genres with their various characters), it has been through several iterations and has decades of mythology to build upon. When we interviewed di Bonaventura last year, he touched on the likelihood of a movie set in space and the (outside) chance of a G.I. Joe crossover. Maybe this expansion plan could be used to explore those avenues.

Optimus-Prime-and-Grimlock-in-Transforme

As such, it will be interesting to see what becomes of this development. While it would be hard to classify the previously released Transformers films as “beloved,” the source material has legions of passionate fans who would love to see it done justice on the big screen.

If spinoffs are part of the equation, it opens the door for filmmakers other than Bay to play in this sandbox - something that could (ideally) lead to refreshing takes on the property. Paramount obviously has big plans in store for this cash cow. If the studio wants to keep the Transformers brand relevant, it would be best served to push creative boundaries – and make the continuing adventures of Optimus Prime and his kind stand out from the rest of the crowd.

We’ll keep you updated on future Transformers projects as more information becomes available.

Source: Deadline

Header image by xRiverBx @ DeviantArt

Follow Chris Agar on Twitter @ChrisAgar90

Source: http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-6-spinoffs-cinematic-universe/

Ew ew ewwwwww. I hate this cinematic universe trend and hearing Transformers is joining in too makes me shudder with disgust.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have already decided that four terrible movies was enough for me. As long as it's still Michael Bay directing and still the same look, tone, and continuity, I want nothing more to do with the Transformers movies. The comics and cartoons are infinitely better.

I actually didn't think the first movie was that bad, in fact it was entertaining and had some genuinely funny moments! It's when the second one came out that I just gave up because of how awful and badly written it was.

Yeah, the first Transformers is definitely the lesser of the evils. Too bad it all goes downhill from there.

I'll concede that the first one was okay and some of its flaws (not enough robots, for one) can be forgiven, as an introductory movie. But I still don't care for it now, knowing what comes after it and that, far from getting better, the series just gets worse. I felt Age of Extinction was just plain awful. I wouldn't have gone to see it at all if a friend hadn't asked me to go with her, and there was very little in it that I enjoyed. In terms of story and character, why can't Megatron just stay dead? Why is Optimus Prime suddenly a murderous psychopath? And in terms of production values, why the hell does Michael Bay feel compelled to make every single shot an action shot? 

Seriously, watch the film (or, rather, don't). The camera never stands still. Not even during dialogue scenes. It's always moving. Two characters will just be having a conversation and it's a crane shot panning up and around them in a big circle, or a close up done in shaky documentary camera style. The camera just doesn't sit still for any meaningful length of time. I know, it's an action film, but even action films have non-action scenes and they don't require these absurdly dramatic shots that Bay has a fetish over. Watching that film gave me a headache and I didn't even see it in IMAX or 3D. 

I thought he was killed by the Predacons at the end of Prime.

If there's one thing just about Starscream that's apparent in most of his iterations, it's that he's skilled in cheating as the Joker himself!

Ew ew ewwwwww. I hate this cinematic universe trend and hearing Transformers is joining in too makes me shudder with disgust.

To be fair, AoE did kinda leave the possibility of two different film series being made - one focusing on Optimus's quest for the Creators (and Galvatron antagonsing him all the while) and another focusing on Bumblebee and the Autobots on Earth.

To be fair, AoE did kinda leave the possibility of two different film series being made - one focusing on Optimus's quest for the Creators (and Galvatron antagonsing him all the while) and another focusing on Bumblebee and the Autobots on Earth.

The idea of a Bayformers Cinematic Universe, as a die-hard Transformers fan, makes me want to fucking cry in despair.

• Thumbs Up 1

Impressions from the latest episode of Robots In Disguise 2015(latest in America, at least.)

• I guess Strongarm and Sideswipe getting along will be a thing of character development, fine by me.
  • Always glad to hear David Kaye voice in a Transformers' show, Hammerstrike wasn't as interesting as Underbite but he worked.
  • Steeljaw is an interesting villain,  especially his claims that he wants to be peaceful, I look forward to seeing more of him in the future
  • Grimlock's wanting to punch Hammerstrike was hilarious, got a few good jokes out of that.

All in all, a good episode, bring on the next one!

• 2 months later...

So here's something interesting: Activision might be making a goddamn G1 cartoon game.

Seibertron.com forum member Cyberpath has brought us news via PureXBox.com of a potential new Transformers game being developed by Activision for the X-Box console.

The cel-shaded browser, reminiscent of the classic Sunbow Entertainment Generation 1 cartoon style will see a X-Box 360 release and most likely a release for the X-Box One. Very little about the game is known but it's expected that more details of the game will be revealed at E3 2015 next week.

Check out some of the screenshots from below and stay tuned for (hopefully) some more news of the game in the next week!

tumblr_npvnz9qkIL1rj9p07o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npvnz9qkIL1rj9p07o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npvnz9qkIL1rj9p07o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_npvnz9qkIL1rj9p07o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_npvnz9qkIL1rj9p07o6_r1_1280.jpg

PLEEEEEEESE DON'T SUCK BALLS I NEED THIS ;A;

(also Decepticon campaign plz thank)

EDIT: OK, so we have a name (Transformers Devastation) and a topic, so I guess all discussion goes there.

But I wonder... Devastation... Devastator's involved... please don't let this be a cheap ad for the Titan Devastator toy.

Please let it be good, and on wii-u! it looks awesome, needs more Superion though

So here's something interesting: Activision might be making a goddamn G1 cartoon game.

PLEEEEEEESE DON'T SUCK BALLS I NEED THIS ;A;

(also Decepticon campaign plz thank)

EDIT: OK, so we have a name (Transformers Devastation) and a topic, so I guess all discussion goes there.

But I wonder... Devastation... Devastator's involved... please don't let this be a cheap ad for the Titan Devastator toy.

Give me this now!! I loved War For Cybertron and it will be glorious to see a G1 game by High Moon.