Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

3 hours ago, SurrealBrain said:

I consider myself an on-again-off-again Transformers fan. Most of my investment is in the old G1 cartoon...which I bought the first season of mostly because I wanted to get myself something a little different from the usual stuff I get.

I found myself really enjoying it, so I got the rest of the sets, though season 2, volume 2 took a bit long...mostly because I was lazy. By the time I got it, it was the 30th Anniversary repackaging, so it kinda sticks out from the rest of the sets, which are the 25th Anniversary releases. Just need Transformers: The Movie, and it'll be complete...unless I choose to get the Japanese collection.

However, it wasn't my first Transformers series. My first one was Transformers Armada. Loved it as a kid, and I'd like to get the DVD set to relive the memories. I actually got a Unicron for Christmas; it was awesome. I wonder where he went...

I've also thought about getting Beast Wars, since that's apparently the gold standard for the franchise? Seems interesting enough.

One thing's for sure, though; keep me as far away from Kiss Players as humanly possible. That thing is...an abomination, to put it so very kindly.

Technically Beast Wars was my full exposure to Transformers, but I wasn't that invested in it as a kid. Armada was the first time I was a "fan" per se, so we share a similar story.

G1 is where my love for the franchise blossomed, but I thank the Bayformers movies to kickstart it by making 8 year old me excited for it, asking for anything Transformers, and then I got my hands on the 80s movie because I thought it was related to the Transformers movie I just saw. It wasn't, but instead, I was introduced to G1.

Thanks to Transformers 2007, and the 1986 movie, I was hooked.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I rebooted my collection, only buyin from Masterpiece. I got Optimus (Hasbro), Bumblebee, Ironhide, Prowl (Takara), Shockwave, Hot Rod (MP-28) and Ultra Magnus with Ratchet on pre-order due in a couple days. I'm waiting for a + version of Wheeljack and Soundwave before buying them. It's a fuckin dream's what it is.

Just waiting on them to do Jazz, Jetfire, Arcee, Megatron and a better attempt at Starscream/Skyguy/Thunderbutt and Grimlock and I'll basically be good to quit. That's how definitive these dudes are. Pricey, but worth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Here we go again :U

4 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Here we go again :U

Hm, an evil Optimus...

So, is he consumed by Dark Energon? Is that Nemesis Prime? Did they decide to change the font of the title again?

Maybe, who knows, and yes.

We'll see how this movie goes. I can't really give much of an opinion right now, but I am glad this apparent "knight" focus might shed light on Optimus and the Dinobots since they were the so-called "knights" Lockdown was collecting in AoE. That plot detail was kinda swept under the rug and unexplained for the most part last movie.

Oh yeah, Transformers - The Last Knight, I heard the news about it over on the tfw forums. Lennox from the original trilogy has actually been confirmed to return and the actor Tyrese Gibson is wanting to return. As for the other humans, Mark Wahlberg as Cade is apparently the only human character that will be returning from the 4th film.

Everyone has been speculating the meaning of "The Last Knight" some say it's most likely Optimus, some have even suggested that maybe it refers to the Last Knight created and that it might be Rodimus or Ultra Magnus. Then others think that it's going to be some character called "Rom - The Space Knight" which is apparently another product Hasbro owns.

As for the purple optics, no one knows what they could mean and can only seem to point to Dark Energon from the Prime series. Some people are even guessing that Optimus might get brainwashed and turned into Nemesis Prime, some think his optics change because he unlocked a new power, and others thinks it's just for the poster and will have nothing to do with the movie.

They also have been doing some filming at Havana so we might get to see Dinobot Island.

As for whether or not I'm going to see the film, while Micheal Bay showed some improvement in Age of Extinction, I'll wait for the trailers until I make the final decision but for now I'm kind of leaning toward yes.

Dark Energon, eh? So they're gonna turn Movie Optimus Prime into a raving psychopathic monster?

That'll be a shock.

35 minutes ago, Big J said:

Dark Energon, eh? So they're gonna turn Movie Optimus Prime into a raving psychopathic monster?

That'll be a shock.

That is if it is indeed Dark Energon for sure. No one knows if the movie is going for a "Dark Awakening" angle which was essentially an episode in G1 where the Quintessons brought Optimus back to life as pretty much a mindless zombie that they controlled.

2 hours ago, Big J said:

That'll be a shock.

That or maybe have him be taken over by a certain ghost,  ahem.

More news cocerning the fifth film. Apparently a video has appeared on Instagram that has morse code. Many have already translated it and when they did they got this message.

I'M COMING FOR YOU HUMANS MAY 31

And there was a number in the video that people looked it up and discovered a passage from Macbeth where he goes to confront the witches.

This seems to lean more toward the idea that Optimus is going to be brainwashed by the Creators much like in the G1 episode "Dark Awakening."

3 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

More news cocerning the fifth film. Apparently a video has appeared on Instagram that has morse code. Many have already translated it and when they did they got this message.

And there was a number in the video that people looked it up and discovered a passage from Macbeth where he goes to confront the witches.

This seems to lean more toward the idea that Optimus is going to be brainwashed by the Creators much like in the G1 episode "Dark Awakening."

Or we get the creation of Nemesis Prime

3 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

Or we get the creation of Nemesis Prime

I'd like to chime in on this. The Last Knight is a stupid title. Y'know what would've been better? Five Faces of Darkness from the cartoon. And I REALLY hope they don't do a Nemesis Prime deal. Didn't work for the Prime cartoon, won't work here. Unless... y'know... They present it in a cool way. Then I'm fine.

Okay May 31st has arrived and on Instagram this video has appeared.

So far this mysterious Transformer has gone unnamed but much like Optimus he has purple optics though his seem to have a hint of red. Many think it will be Megatron because Michael Bay has confirmed his return... that's right, not Galvatron but Megatron. Kind of makes me disappointed because it makes Galvatron really seem pointless now, why not just bring him back as Megatron in the first place? Anyways I have a different suggestion as who this strange Transformer could be, the movie is called "The Last Knight" but what if it means the last knight created by the creators rather than the last knight period since you know for that to happen the Dinobots have to be killed off, so could it be possible that this is Rodimus?

Then again it could be Megatron reformed since in this continuity he and Optimus are brothers and by that logic I guess it would make sense for Megatron to be a knight as well.

EDIT
Whelp Michael Bay confirmed that the Transformer in the video is indeed Megatron.

Problems with this:
1) If it's truly a series ending, then this makes no sense. (Entertainment Weekly report) 2) What? 3) Why? 4) It can't be the end because there is a sixth main installment in 2019. 5) HE'S GALVATRON NOW! HOW CAN MEGATRON COME BACK?! 6) General continuity errors... x1000 7) Does he transform into a freakin wolly mammoth with those tusks?! 8) Where's his mouth?! 9) What purpose does Megatron have in this story? 10) It's supposed to focus on the creators NOT MEGATRON! 11) He has that Age of Extinction look to him. 12) I hate the title "The Last Knight"

So... I guess the whole "I am Galvatron!" thing from the last film means absolutely nothing now, if he really is gonna be Megatron again. I'm trying to think of some way that this could make sense, but... yeah, I've got nothing. Maybe when there's some actual footage of this film, something will come to mind.

Guys, it's a Bay Transformers movie.  When have they ever made a lick of sense after all these years?  Frankly (and this hurts, considering my inner fan boy) I can't be bothered with this movie.  Title's cool (hopefully indicative of this really being Bay's last one), but it'll still have forced human characters (I know it's ironic to say this, but we don't need them), style flattening over substance (i.e. explosions every two and half minutes) and a general feel of poor taste.  Bottom line: we'll still consider Transformers The Movie as the best one after watching this.  I know I will.

The Designs of these Transformers keeps getting progressively worse by each movie. I understand they not going for the Box shape designs like the original cartoon had, but the IDW comics and WFC/FOC Designs are the best.

Well some people have suggested that Bay could be purposely giving out misinformation about the image because that was apparently something they did during Revenge of the Fallen's production where they said lies in order to try to hide the fact Megatron was going to return in the movie. Other's suggest that maybe this will be a clone created by the Creators to replace their lost knight aka Megatron and we might have a Megatron vs Galvatron battle. Others have even suggested that is might be a flashback that center around more about the origins of the Knights. It's purely speculation at this point.

In other news, it looks like we're gonna get even more information.
Cj4dptqWUAAYW_L.jpg

Apologies for the double post but I got more TLK news.

So more cast details have been released and Anthony Hopkins is going to be in the film. Nobody knows whether he's going to be a human companion or another Transformer since the only confirmed detail is that he's going to be in the film. So people are hoping that he'll be voicing the mysterious creators and some hope he'll appear as Alpha Trion or Unicron, though I doubt Unicron will appear since the focus is on more of the creators.

Also we got a picture of Bumblebee's new alt form.
CkIeCV9XEAAeZdf.jpg:large

Also Bay is using the film to help Freya, a dog who has Elipsy and lived in a shelter her whole life to get a home.

I'll continue to keep you guys posted since information about the fifth film has been coming pretty frequently.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd love to help the doggie, but unfortunately, the dog we have now doesn't exactly get along with bigger dogs, and so I'd worry that she might not be treated well by our dog.

Regardless, she deserves a home. She should get one. Even if the film itself is one I'm not looking forward to, if it means she'll get a home, then I only hope she finds a good one.

Oh boy do I got a bunch of information this time. Not only has more cars have been spotted, confirming more characters that will be in the film but we also got pictures of some scenes that have been filmed.

27593580d1465102150-first-look-tf-tlk-ho27593918d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593919d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593920d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593921d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593922d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593923d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593924d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593925d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593926d1465232650-transformers-last-kn27593927d1465232650-transformers-last-kn

So as you can see by these pictures, Galvatron... or Megatron that detail hasn't been cleared up yet has seemed to finally be able to rebuild his army because we actually now have more Decepticons along with the possible return of Barricade! A lot of people thought he was dead but with the news of his possible revival this can mean good things for characters that went missing in between films that didn't get on screen deaths. Also I wonder which Deception is going to be the rusty hippie van. XD

And we got a look at Hound's new alt form. Strange thing is that some people think he's going to be the medic of the group since he has the Red Cross. He didn't really come off as a medic character but I suppose they need one since Ratchet was killed in the previous movie.

*sees Police Mustang with "To Punish and Enslave" on side*

Yep, looks like he's back. Again. I guess Barricade just likes returning for odd numbered movies over even ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Captain Metallix said:

*sees Police Mustang with "To Punish and Enslave" on side*

Yep, looks like he's back. Again. I guess Barricade just likes returning for odd numbered movies over even ones.

Transformers: The Last Knight is developing a habit of bringing back unnecessary characters huh?

Next thing you know, they'll find a way to bring back Starscr-- er, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't jinx it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Terriful said:

Transformers: The Last Knight is developing a habit of bringing back unnecessary characters huh?

Unnecessary characters? You're kidding me right? It's good Barricade is back showing that disappearing doesn't equal death (Very good news for Sideswipe... I hope he appears again.) and this opens up many more story possibilities since the writers for the film have a pretty good track record considering they have done Iron Man and Black Hawk Down. Barricade had a bit of a rivalry with Bumblebee in the first film and in the third film he slaughtered Que aka Wheeljack right in front of Bumblebee. So with his return they could build on that. He can be basically the movie equivalent to Steeljaw in Robots in Disguise 2015.

Also I'm having more hope for this film. Out of the Shadows was pretty good and it shows that Michael Bay is still slowly learning, yes I know there was also a different director this time around as well but Bay did contribute to the character design from what I've heard and the fact the turtles were improved on along with Shredder shows that Bay learned a bit from the previous film.

So it'll be interesting if he continues improving considering AOE was more focused on the Transformers than the humans and even gave them more defined personalities instead to them of being mainly human hijinks with a side of Transformers with only glimpses of personality.

17 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

Unnecessary characters? You're kidding me right? It's good Barricade is back showing that disappearing doesn't equal death (Very good news for Sideswipe... I hope he appears again.) and this opens up many more story possibilities since the writers for the film have a pretty good track record considering they have done Iron Man and Black Hawk Down. Barricade had a bit of a rivalry with Bumblebee in the first film and in the third film he slaughtered Que aka Wheeljack right in front of Bumblebee. So with his return they could build on that. He can be basically the movie equivalent to Steeljaw in Robots in Disguise 2015.

Let me define "unnecessary". Barricade had a purpose in the first one which was to find Sam and retrieve the glasses. In the third one, he had little to no purpose except to kill Wheeljack (I won't acknowledge Que as his name. Like ever.) and in the fifth one he still has no real purpose except they're trying to make TLK more like Transformers 1. Same goes for Megatron. HE truly is unnecessary. Like it was said, he's Galvatron now. Megatron is supposed to be dead.

But as you said, since Barricade killed Wheeljack in front of Bee, they COULD expand on that, but I don't think they would. Also, Barricade was supposedly killed in the Battle of Chicago in DOtM. Sooo...