Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Personally, I like the more anime-esque look of the new Prime. Lack of light piping is a bummer, though.

Also, I was mistaken: US MP Prime 2.0 is out next month, not now. Apparently, he'll be out in the UK in TRU sometime after that, if any Britfriends are interested.

I did see a decent stock of MP Thundercrackers in a TRU today but I passed on it. I don't usually go for Masterpieces & I feel like if I own one MP Seeker, it'd have to be Starscream.

...I hate you.

I'll try to show off some of my shit tomorrow (once I straighten up what my cat knocked over last night orz). tbh, I'm far more interested in the figures than I am with the actual Transformers fiction, ahah.

the figures are far more appealing purely for their designs imo, something satisfying from transforming them from alt to robot and back to alt etc.

i'll tell you know, as badass as Shockwave/Cyclops looks in that photo, it took me close to an hour to transform him.. his joints, and transformation is tighter than a nun's ass, but it's fucking amazing when you realize it's a 3rd party product.

if you hadn't gathered Shockwave, Soundwave and G1 Prime are my fav transformers :3

Gunthy my (forbidden? impossible?) love you should really get interested in the Fall of Cybertron universe. I think you'd like it.

Do you mean the Aligned continuity family in general?

I've seen a good portion of TFP, and it's definitely my favorite show (besides G1, which wins purely due to the cheese factor). I just need to get off my ass and finish those season 1 blurays I have.

If you just mean the recent games and Exodus novels, I plan to get into them eventually, but am in no huge rush.

the figures are far more appealing purely for their designs imo, something satisfying from transforming i'll tell you know, as badass as Shockwave/Cyclops looks in that photo, it took me close to an hour to transform him.. his joints, and transformation is tighter than a nun's ass, but it's fucking amazing when you realize it's a 3rd party product.

I've seen numerous pictures and video reviews. Cyclops looks like a pain to transform, but man is that a gorgeous design. Most 3rd party stuff is a bit too out of my current price range, sadly... but I kinda wanna save up for at least one of the Hearts of Steel Seekers.

if you hadn't gathered Shockwave, Soundwave and G1 Prime are my fav transformers :3

All bueno choice, bruh! Those are all on my favorites list alone with Megatron, Bruticus, Rodimus, and Fortress Maximus (among others. I'm not good at narrowing things down).

I've seen a good portion of TFP, and it's definitely my favorite show (besides G1, which wins purely due to the cheese factor). I just need to get off my ass and finish those season 1 blurays I have.

If you just mean the recent games and Exodus novels, I plan to get into them eventually, but am in no huge rush.

I was talking about the videogames themselves, but that works too. I like to considering TFP and the videogames two unrelated storylines in the same universe. I just think there's things that don't really fit together between the games and the show.

I've seen numerous pictures and video reviews. Cyclops looks like a pain to transform, but man is that a gorgeous design. Most 3rd party stuff is a bit too out of my current price range, sadly... but I kinda wanna save up for at least one of the Hearts of Steel Seekers.

All bueno choice, bruh! Those are all on my favorites list alone with Megatron, Bruticus, Rodimus, and Fortress Maximus (among others. I'm not good at narrowing things down).

believe it or not i scored Cyclops/Shockwave for a little under $80 brand new from a seller on ebay, considering his RRP is $160 that's a good price, he's also larger than a voyager figure, and comes with a fully transformable mini sub cyclops.

the coolest thing about him though is the anchor, in robot form it attaches to his gattling cannon and plugs into his back, mimicking the hose from his G1 design, which is pretty fucking cool, that and the smoke stack makes his arm cannon with a hidding gattling gun. very cool.

reduced-image_4481_106.jpg

reduced-galery_image_4481_8494.jpg

So that's it?! DAAMN!! I now understand why it's price is what it is. Calling them the Masterpiece line seems very appropriate. The level of detail is...0_0...and those eyes...never have I felt both fear and lust at the same time...

I should admit that I was never expecting past versions of the Transformers to be re-released like this. It's awesome!

I still remember my original G1 Optimus. He didn't have any colour for some reason...perhaps lost it over the many, many years I had him. And his shoulders having a nasty bite to them, when you change him from one form to the other. If you moved a shoulder less than halfway there, while changing him from truck to robot, the shoulders would jerk back to how they are in truck form and slam on any unsuspecting fingers that happened to be in the way.

Good times...

He eventually had to go to the big toy box in the sky...

There are two different Optimus molds in the Masterpeice line: The orignal MP-01, and MP-10.

MP-01 is heftier and blockier & has lots of die-cast and gimmicks, while MP-10 is a bit more animation-accurate and in-scale with other Masterpiece figures (namely Grimloick, Rodimus, and the Seekers) but doesn't retain all the gimmicks the original had.

MP-01

transformers-masterpiece-mp-01-optimus-prime-convoy-69a6.jpg

MP-10

Masterpiece-Optimus-Prime-Version-2-01_1308379578.jpg

Wow! They each seem to have there own pros and cons, (heheh, "cons".) would anyone recommend one over the other? Or just go all out and get both? Assuming the price isn't too steep...

While I'm here, has anybody else heard of a Japan only game that was on the Gamecube and PS2 called DreamMix TV World Fighters?

It's a Smash Bros like game, featuring a random bunch of characters from three different companies. Why mention this?

Well...because of this guy:

dreammixtv_011204_inline_01.jpg

He also had his own level featuring Devastator.

23a5556007fc33d113dce6c494693978_ls_t.jpg

There's another Transformer in the game as a secret character, but I couldn't find a screenshot of him in action, so here's a picture of all the playable characters together.

all05_1024x768.jpg

I actually have the game, and was able to play it on my Gamecube, but when the Wii came to replace it, playing it was no longer possible. The special disc thingie that let you play other region games on the GC didn't seem to work on the Wii...

So that's it?! DAAMN!! I now understand why it's price is what it is. Calling them the Masterpiece line seems very appropriate. The level of detail is...0_0...and those eyes...never have I felt both fear and lust at the same time...

I should admit that I was never expecting past versions of the Transformers to be re-released like this. It's awesome!

yeah Masterpiece re-create the original G1 designs into full scale (in terms of other MP's) plastic and diecast parts, G1 cartoon replica's with gimmicks, normally moving face plates, light up objects (Prime's matrix of leadership comes to mind) and extra details, like communicator screens in their wrists, full detailed cockpits, hidden weaponry etc. the Transformations are normally very fun and complex, with insane amounts of thought put into their designs. It's more of a display piece than a toy, considering the price you pay for them.

Wow! They each seem to have there own pros and cons, (heheh, "cons".) would anyone recommend one over the other? Or just go all out and get both? Assuming the price isn't too steep...

MP-01;

• Moving Face plate
  • much larger than MP-10
  • comes with more acessories
  • more diecast used than MP-10
  • Matrix of leadership opens
  • individually articulated fingers
  • Matrix lights up
  • has a communicator in both wrists, MP-01 has Megatron & Grimlock i think

MP-10;

• More G1 accurate
    • better leg spacing and articulation
    • fingers aren't individually posed but there is a joint in his finger so he can grip his ion blaster MUCH better than 01
    • less complicated transformation
    • in better scale with other MP's
    • his smoke stacks can be extended or lowered to G1 specific, and to avoid getting in the way during transformation.

it all depends on what you want more, larger, heavier more clunky with more gimmicks, or smaller, lighter, G1 accurate & less gimmicks for a better priced piece.

the only thing that makes me hesitant on picking up 10 is his face looks off, and his eyes are super dark due to no light piping... i might get it and install some LED's behind his eyes.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Behold this AWESOME, STUNNING, INVALID LAMOR'S BRIGADE!!!

dscf0168n.jpg

My first TF was G1 Starscream. Now he's missing one arm and wings (guess you can tell I wasn't practitualry caring kid when it came to my toys) and his lilttle minicon. My second one was this big bulky green badass decepticon (BTW what's his name?). I have Optimus Prime from second bayformers movie too. I also have three little figures from second movie: Cliffjumper (no injuries), Starscream and Bonecrusher (both without left legs).

SideSwipe+Deluxe.jpg

I had this one too and guess what? I lost it. I FRIGGIN' LOST IT!!! Was searching for this figure for over a month and I can't find it ;_;

WHY?!!

EDIT: I found it! I FUCKING FOUND IT!!!

dscf0171tu.jpg

I found my beloved Sideswipe, Mini Grindor and Bonecrusher's left leg!

Edited by Lamor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sooooooooo has anyone else watched the latest episode?

Nope. I watched two episodes so far.

Edited by Lamor

My second one was this big bulky green badass decepticon (BTW what's his name?).

The green one is Crumplezone from Transformers Cybertron/Galaxy Force.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also have three little figures from second movie: Cliffjumper (no injuries), Starscream and Demolisher (both without left legs).

Demolisher?

Don't you mean Bonecrusher?

Demolisher is the Constructicon in Shangai.

• Thumbs Up 1

The green one is Crumplezone from Transformers Cybertron/Galaxy Force.

Thanks.

Demolisher?

Don't you mean Bonecrusher?

Demolisher is the Constructicon in Shangai.

My fault. Sorry. It's fixed.

beat me to it Blue, you sexy TF nerd you.

i watched the new episode

trust Optimus to lose the Star Saber a day later *rolls eyes* guess he's lost the power in his favour, and Megs is just an asshole for defiling a prime's burial ground.

did like what ratchet said though "Prime doesn't need the star saber to be the mightiest of leaders" : )

• Thumbs Up 2

beat me to it Blue, you sexy TF nerd you.

i watched the new episode

trust Optimus to lose the Star Saber a day later *rolls eyes* guess he's lost the power in his favour, and Megs is just an asshole for defiling a prime's burial ground.

did like what ratchet said though "Prime doesn't need the star saber to be the mightiest of leaders" : )

In OP's defense:

Megs SS was empowered with the Cybertronian version of the devil's blood so I found it pretty understandable.