Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

I met the Autobot Supreme Commander once. Great guy I'm sure, but some idiot gave him a parking ticket...

(is serious. This actually happened once laugh.png)

I met the Autobot Supreme Commander once. Great guy I'm sure, but some idiot gave him a parking ticket...

(is serious. This actually happened once laugh.png)

Are you saying that you've met Peter Cullen?

Hmmmmmmmmmm:

FJlLa.jpg

Bulkhead's face in that pic. mellow.png

Did someone say rape face?

Anyway, has anyone seen the new promo yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNFhk8RuRo

Looks pretty cool, but I have a feeling this one's gonna go terribly for the Autobots, especially considering that Starscream is apparently gonna get that Red Energon this episode.....

On another note, these promos are really well made. I honestly think I would mistake them for Toonami promos if I didn't know beforehand.

Edited by Zero

I thought the promo was okay. It's pretty cool but is doesn't tell much about the episode besides showing Knockout with the Resonance blaster.

Oh and don't pick on Bulk. I had a similar expression on my face when I saw that. :)

Edited by Starscream's Brigade

Has it struck anyone as odd that Transformers Prime is more Black and White in terms of it's morality (among the characters I mean) than Transformers Animated?

Or is that just me?

Has it struck anyone as odd that Transformers Prime is more Black and White in terms of it's morality (among the characters I mean) than Transformers Animated?

Or is that just me?

I don't think that it's more black and white so much as more... professional. The Animated cast were teenagers in Cybertronian years so they have a less developed moral fiber than Team Prime, who have eons of experience and character growth behind them.

Edited by SuperStingray

Who would've that Stingray would like TPrime.

I wouldn't say it's completely BW though. We do have Starscream playing both sides, Dreadwing's strong sense of morality and honor, which I hope makes him question Megatron, and Optimus now trying to kill Megatron since now he believes that he is irredeemable i.e One Shall Fall.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, what I meant was the Autobots as a whole in Animated are a lot grayer in terms of morality compared to Prime so far.

It's true that in Prime we have the likes of Wheeljack, who is reckless and can be revenge driven (though for good reason), and all of the points mentioned before this post, but in Animated, we've seen:

Sentinel Prime is a jerk and has shown himself to be pretty corrupt...and a moron.

The creation and intentions behind Omega Supreme (granted it was war, but still).

The Autobot controlled Cybertron is apparently some type of police state, where it's inhabitants are xenophobic of organics.

There is probably a whole lot more that I've missed ,and maybe I'm just over-thinking this and overlooking things in Prime, but yeah.

Well, what I meant was the Autobots as a whole in Animated are a lot grayer in terms of morality compared to Prime so far.

It's true that in Prime we have the likes of Wheeljack, who is reckless and can be revenge driven (though for good reason), and all of the points mentioned before this post, but in Animated, we've seen:

Sentinel Prime is a jerk and has shown himself to be pretty corrupt...and a moron.

The creation and intentions behind Omega Supreme (granted it was war, but still).

The Autobot controlled Cybertron is apparently some type of police state, where it's inhabitants are xenophobic of organics.

There is probably a whole lot more that I've missed ,and maybe I'm just over-thinking this and overlooking things in Prime, but yeah.

I credit the grayness of the 'Bots in Animated to their condition. In Animated the Autobots pretty much control Cybertron and seem to live in relative comfort so they have room for that kind of politics/bureaucracy; in Prime the situation is a lot more serious (planet's dead, Bot's are outnumbered 10 to 1) so they can't afford that kind of stuff. I do prefer the 'Bots in TFA though.

TFA was quite bleak with its morality, I thought it was a nice way to pull the viewer in the world. Some kid who's seen the worst but is willing to fight so no one else has this fate did things a stuffy old veteran never could...

Shockwave was fucking badass as all hell in TFA. He killed the Supreme Commander and had the highest body count in the series...

Shockwave was fucking badass as all hell in TFA. He killed the Supreme Commander and had the highest body count in the series...

Makes his appearance in Prime even more disappointing...

Animated Shockwave was a deceitful bastard by posing as an Autobot (Longarm) till like, almost the series end? he by far had the most character development in animated, he was brilliant.

To make me less depressed about Shockwave in Prime lets see some awesome screens instead:

transformersprime_exclusivedreadwing-930x520_1349374254.jpg

transformersprime_exclusivemountainshot-930x517_1349374254.jpg

Dat lighting. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 2

trust Starscream to get in on something he had no clue about lmao

Soundwave is a real badass in this series isn't he? like, more so than in other series... he can fight, has pretty badass weaponry... and

DAT STRUT

Soundwave knows he's the man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, Soundwave had it pretty rough after G1. Poor guy.sad.png

But I'm glad he's back in the action again.smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

trust Starscream to get in on something he had no clue about lmao

Soundwave is a real badass in this series isn't he? like, more so than in other series... he can fight, has pretty badass weaponry... and

DAT STRUT

Soundwave knows he's the man.

The best Soundwave moment was in One Shalll Rise, when he fights Arachnid without putting much effort.

A few stuff about Transformers Prime and Season 3 (spoilers):

• We've not seen the last of SynthEn (introduced, and last seen, in the season 1 episode Stronger, Faster)
  • Steven Melching wrote the season 2 finale, Darkest Hour, and will be writing five episodes of season 3. Marsha Griffin (Prime series story editor, writer of Legacy, Predatory and Transformers Animated Endgame Part 2 amongst others) will also be writing five episodes for season 3.
  • Season 2 "will not end well" for the Autobots. Apparently the big question going into season 3 will be how they get out of the situation they find themselves in.
  • Season 3 will have a complete new setting, and no status quo.
  • Steven Melching would be okay with season 3 being the end of the series, because going into the series they knew how they wanted the series to end, and apparently that is how season 3 will end.

source

And about Transformers 4, Tyrese Gibson has said this about the matter:

“I don’t know… me and Michael Bay, we’ve been exchanging e-mails… I mean Text Messages and I just hope that it works out… I mean things fell apart with Megan Fox and so we had to do what we had to do to pick up the pieces and keep moving with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. And now things fell apart with Shia. Business is business I think. I think Shia has expressed his opinion. I think when you are associated with movie like Transformers other than the box-office sees you as an actor... a full-on actor, lot of people arguably can say they don’t take you serious… in this town called “Hollywood”... because the reason all these doing big is because of the robots, the big action and special effects and so in some capacity could diminish your value as an actor which you bring to the table. Even though it’s huge for your brand and your image and your celebrity around the world. But Shia is one of those real actors full-on real actors... whether gets an independent role where he just get paid Per diem or at some role he’s just passionate about and that he may do for free. As long as he gets associated with these heavy-weight actors… that’s the space he’s been. But for me I started this shit with Shia, Josh, Michael Bay and the Team and sometimes you lose a team member. In my mind not be in a part with Transformers 4… if that’s even happening… it fucks me up. I’ll be honest… I love it. It was the childhood, movie, favorite of mine… you know I don’t really not wanna be a part of the franchise. Period. You know when you lose a team member sometimes you gotta keep going. Period.”

source

And director Michael Bay had said this:

"What I can say is that it's going to pick up where the other three left off," said Bay of the film, which will predominantly feature new actors from its predecessors. "It's going to feel very different. It's going to definitely open the franchise up for many more to come, and it's going to have a freshness to it."

source

Edited by The Kinky Kabuto

• We've not seen the last of SynthEn (introduced, and last seen, in the season 1 episode Stronger, Faster)
  • Steven Melching wrote the season 2 finale, Darkest Hour, and will be writing five episodes of season 3. Marsha Griffin (Prime series story editor, writer of Legacy, Predatory and Transformers Animated Endgame Part 2 amongst others) will also be writing five episodes for season 3.
  • Season 2 "will not end well" for the Autobots. Apparently the big question going into season 3 will be how they get out of the situation they find themselves in.
  • Season 3 will have a complete new setting, and no status quo.
  • Steven Melching would be okay with season 3 being the end of the series, because going into the series they knew how they wanted the series to end, and apparently that is how season 3 will end.

This sounds pretty interesting. I guess they're aware of the criticisms directed toward the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just wondering. Megatron and pretty much all Decepticons are dead, right? So who's going to be Autobot's enemy in 4?

I'm just wondering. Megatron and pretty much all Decepticons are dead, right? So who's going to be Autobot's enemy in 4?

There's a LOT of other Decepticons out there, like Bruticus or hell even Unicron.