Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Typed up a huge post only to hit backspace instead of enter and lose everything. FAK.

tl;dr: Bay sure loves extremely anti-climatic fights with explosions a'plenty and no depth whatsoever.

Well I thought Transformers 3 was a massive improvement over ROTF, though its not saying much. I do like how they handled Sentinel Prime and I lept with joy when I found out Leo and the twins weren't returning.

Then again, there is a part in the DOTM novel where sentinel kills the twins along with Ironhide (why the hell did they kill him off?!!). That said I now actually wish the twins were in the film so that I could see Sentinel blast them into oblivion :P

And I agree with all of you on movie shockwave. Now I can see why Corey Burton turned down the chance to reprise his role in the film because Shockwave only gets one line, "OPTIMUSSSSSS", and the rest of the film he just growls like an angry bear. Seriously bay wtf?

Edited by Johnny the Batman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ironhide's death works both logically and in terms of the Transformers mythos... usually the most likable characters die the most gruesomely. It's pretty effective, and face it, our hero died in a blaze of glory compared to some other characters, he at least got to take down a few 'cons before Sentinel's cheap shot... tongue.png Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave and Barricade's deaths were a LOT more pathetic compared...

Edited by -The Penguin-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ironhide's death works both logically and in terms of the Transformers mythos... usually the most likable characters die the most gruesomely. It's pretty effective, and face it, our hero died in a blaze of glory after taking out two 'Cons no problem... :P

Blaze of glory? Dude he got shot in the back by a traitor and then turned into a big pile of rust. That's more like a cheap death to me than a "blaze of glory".

Dammit Batman always making me look bad! D: I edited the post a little...

Edited by -The Penguin-

Ironhide's death works both logically and in terms of the Transformers mythos... usually the most likable characters die the most gruesomely. It's pretty effective, and face it, our hero died in a blaze of glory compared to some other characters, he at least got to take down a few 'cons before Sentinel's cheap shot... tongue.png Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave and Barricade's deaths were a LOT more pathetic compared...

Wait.. i thought Bumblebee turned Barricade into scrap in the FIRST movie? and fucking what!? Soundwave dies?? ugh.. glad i passed it up, and Megatron dies again what a surprise.

Wait.. i thought Bumblebee turned Barricade into scrap in the FIRST movie? and fucking what!? Soundwave dies?? ugh.. glad i passed it up, and Megatron dies again what a surprise.

Well... yeah.

There's a total "Suddenly, Barricade!" moment. He was added into the movie late on and takes a lot of Soundwave's screen time since they literally just had him do some of Soundwave's scenes instead of give him any of his own. He even speaks in Soundwave's voice to make it even more blatant. He gets an Autobot kill, yells at a trooper, then gets taken down by human soldiers (UGH.). As for Soundwave, he takes about twenty seconds to charge up his gun, so Bumblebee can escape and start ripping the shit out of him. Soundwave kills some of his own troopers for no given reason, then Bee uppercuts him, causing him to shout "NOOOOOOOO!" in a completely un-Soundwave voice and then his head explodes for some reason.

*SIGH*

Edited by -The Penguin-

I liked Bayformers. It had explosions and.... and... explosions... and... well that's it.

I still like it, especially 3 'cause of even MOAR explosions.

Edited by Lamor

I know Transformers are supposed to be about giant battling robots that transform into vehicles, but the human characters weren't exactly bad in this particular series, they're tolerable (even Miko once you get used to her) and have played vital role in the series, however i think the director is clearly focusing on the Autobots & Decepticons as a whole now they have the means to save Cybertron in their grasp, it's their fight now... and Prime and Megs knows it.

I was just joking lol. I've liked Miko quite a bit since 'Hurt' and Jack since 'Legacy'. I'm just glad that they haven't been appearing since they don't seem to have a place in the current arc since it's reallyy not relevant to them. I do wonder what's happened to Fowler though since he's my favorite.

Edit:

27326931d1350713172-post-your-own-inspirational-tfp-pictures-dancedance.gif

Edited by The Zappy Zekrom
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was just joking lol. I've liked Miko quite a bit since 'Hurt' and Jack since 'Legacy'. I'm just glad that they haven't been appearing since they don't seem to have a place in the current arc since it's reallyy not relevant to them. I do wonder what's happened to Fowler though since he's my favorite.

Edit:

27326931d1350713172-post-your-own-inspirational-tfp-pictures-dancedance.gif

Can't.............look...............away.

And I know they (the Humans) aren't at all relevant to the current arc, but it still would have been nice for them to give a 15 or 30 second explanation as to why they are just gone.

Can't.............look...............away.

And I know they (the Humans) aren't at all relevant to the current arc, but it still would have been nice for them to give a 15 or 30 second explanation as to why they are just gone.

Why in the name of Primus would you want to look away?smile.png

I remember in 'Legacy' Arcee was PO'd at Jack so that might explain it. No idea what happened to Miko.

Why in the name of Primus would you want to look away?smile.png

Because I'm not a metal-sexual? IDK, lol.

I remember in 'Legacy' Arcee was PO'd at Jack so that might explain it. No idea what happened to Miko.

I suppose, but they could have touched on that a little more as an explanation as to why he was gone.

don't forget this!

More dancing robots, anyone?

Awesomeness

Anyway to go on a a bit of a tanget does anyone else feel that the recent TF media seems to love Megatron getting utterly destroyed? First there was Bayformers(blegh), then Prime, then FOC. Idk it just seems odd.

Edited by The Zappy Zekrom
  • Thumbs Up 1

Once again the vehicons prove that they can't aim to save their sparks:

@was totally about to post that now

Anyway.....

Oh yeah. Shit's going down, can't wait for this, hopefully Optmious can keep his god-power for more then a day now.

Edited by The Eggster

@was totally about to post that now

Anyway.....

Oh yeah.

Shit's going down, can't wait for this, hopefully Optmious can keep him god-power for more then a day now.

I was about to make a cynical comment regarding Macguffins, then I thought about Bumblebee and how awesome it would be to have him speak again.

I was about to make a cynical comment regarding Macguffins, then I thought about Bumblebee and how awesome it would be to have him speak again.

Wait, where was it hinted that he would talk again?

Also, at least the Macguffins are getting more then one use this time......

Edited by The Eggster

Optimus said that the forge of Solus Prime could make BB a new voice box...

Are we watching the same thing? Because all I remember him saying is that "With the forge of Solas Prime, we now have the means of reaching Cybertron....:".