Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

7 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Considering it says "Levels of Play", unless the "of" is a typo, they could be referring to different game modes as well.

7 hours ago, Chili Dawg said:

Yeah it could be a hundred levels int he same sense that Sonic Adventure has 32 levels. Still that could be quite a bit of gameplay we're looking at.

Yeap, my thoughts exactly. Whilst I would LOVE there to somehow be 100+ levels this seems quite extreme for a platformer. And actually it would slightly worry me in terms of how creative they could really get or how short the levels would be if true.

It would also mean the game has more levels than the N-Sane trilogy of titles combined - that’s a remake where as this is brand new content. I just can’t see it.

My suspicion is more along the lines of game modes (as you suggest) or perhaps the ways to complete a level, be it with a different character or play style. So there may be like 30-40 levels in total, but they are individually different if you go in and play as Cortex compared to crash/coco for example, as well as unique ones for specific characters as previous games.

100 isn't that far off from Mario 3D World. 

NOT including Captain Toad, Mystery Houses or Enemy Blockades... there are 93 stages.

However, including Captain Toad, Mystery Houses and Enemy Blockades, there are 117:

World 1 has 6 main levels, 8 total
World 2 has 6 main levels, 8 total
World 3 has 9 main levels, 11 total
World 4 has 6 main levels, 9 total
World 5 has 9 main levels, 12 total
World 6 has 9 main levels, 12 total
World Castle has 8 main levels, 12 total
World Bowser has 11 main levels, 12 total
World Star has 9 main levels, 10 total
World Mushroom has 7 main levels, 8 total
World Flower has 12 main levels, 12 total
World Crown has 1 main level, 3 total

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/718915-super-mario-3d-world/67922137

So it's not unrealistic. The 100 would include all Crash + Coco levels, Cortex, possibly Tawna and Dingodile stages and boss stages. Just because there's 100 stages wouldn't mean they're all large, full levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup. That’s Fair enough. I completely forgot about how large (in terms of content) 3D world was all honesty. Here’s to hoping then! 👍

That is concerning seeing as this is an activision product,  but it doesn’t  necessarily mean microtransactions.  IIRC, that description refers to DLC also right? I’ll await for an official statement before getting too upset. In some cases this refers to nothing at all. Animal Crossing switch also was said to have in game purchase yet nothing of the sort is in the game.

If it's only cosmetics or that little shit, I wouldn't mind so much. If we have to unlock levels, though, then I might be mad.

13 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

That is concerning seeing as this is an activision product,  but it doesn’t  necessarily mean microtransactions.  IIRC, that description refers to DLC also right? I’ll await for an official statement before getting too upset. In some cases this refers to nothing at all. Animal Crossing switch also was said to have in game purchase yet nothing of the sort is in the game.

You know this is ACTIVISION we're talking about, right?

In-game purchases can mean DLC, however 1,  already having dlc planned for a game not even out yet is gross, and 2, this is Activision I don’t expect them to go “casual” anymore.

“it’s just cosmetic” was never a good excuse by the by if this is in regards to microtransaction. It’s a 60 dollar game published by one of the richest game companies, pulling at your wallet for more money. Microtransactions will effect the ecosystem and mechanics of a game to incentivize purchasing, cosmetics or not as no company puts microtransactions in with no intention of players buying them(See most “cosmetic” microtransaction fee to play games). It’s not there for your benefit. They continue to put them in because they work even if they’re shitty. If they didn’t, and no one bought into it, they’d have stopped by now, and wouldn’t be bragging about how much they make off of them. It’s also not optional, because you the player, don’t have the option of having a game without them

*gets off soapbox*

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, Harkofthewaa said:

Those skins got me wondering if this game is gonna have unlockable cosmetics like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I bring that game up specifically because all of said cosmetics ate unlockable purely through gameplay, and not the "grind for 100 hours" type but actually found in chests and crap in the world giving you a reason to explore. The point is that it would be tragically ironic if Crash 4 has the same thing but with Microtransactions involved. Reminder that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was published by EA.

Mmm, this post aged well. GG Activision 

On 6/26/2020 at 11:07 PM, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

IN another news, this game will apparently have over 100 levels.

I'm thinking stating 100+ levels includes the different versions of the same stages for each playable character. For example; in the reveal trailer we see Cortex using his lazer-gun to create platforms so he can get across a lava-pit, which Crash or Coco wouldn't be able to make it across. So when playing through the same stage with Crash & Coco some of the level design will be different from when playing with Cortex.

So perhaps there are actually only 30+ new stages but they have different level design when playing with each character.

As for in-game purchases. Could be dlc, extra skins or the option to unlock content which you normally wouldn't be able to unlock until you beat the game.

6 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

So perhaps there are actually only 30+ new stages but they have different level design when playing with each character.

That's likely it.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:07 PM, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

IN another news, this game will apparently have over 100 levels.

Wow. I wonder how many of them are free.

• Chuckle 2

4 minutes ago, Tornado said:

That is unfortunately now a reasonable worry. Given the company we're dealing with.

I swear to god if they screw the pooch for Crash like they did with the Cybertron series......

Between the micro-transactions and the swearing, maybe this is the COD title this year - Crash of Duty: N.Sane Warfare

There's now also speculation that gems will be collected in the Twinsanity style with this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Honestly, it's strange that there are bad words in this. Those are the last things I expect from a Crash game.

Shadow vibes, anyone?

Maybe it's a repeat of the Bastard Yota situation where Toys For Bob hid it in an easter egg as a bird flip to Activision for meddling with their passion project, but ESRB caught on that and rated accordingly. Or maybe they intentionally boosted the rating as an attempt to prevent too many kids from touching the micro transactions.

Weirdly, the ESRB rating says there isn't interactive elements (which includes in-game purchases and the like).

8 hours ago, Tornado said:

Zero. It's not free to play. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Marcello said:

Zero. It's not free to play. 🤷‍♂️

If Activision get their way, it could very likely end up being fee-to-pay

Gem collecting like Twinsanity? I fucking love it. We did saw a purple gem path in one of those b-roll gameplays tho', so not every gem will be missable as that one during the chase sequence. Perhaps this "harder" gems will unlock stuff? Skins, filters, cheats. 

One thing I've been noticing while looking at some screenshots is how much of the level you can see in the distance. It's not just static background, it's the actual paths you're gonna traverse through the level. I really love this stuff. 

I'm eager to see how Tawna plays. I have a feeling her levels will be combat-based, like Crash of the Titans. She punches the bad guys now. At this rate, this will actually become "Crash Adventure" with all the playable characters and different gameplays. Getting a bit anxious.

14 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Between the micro-transactions and the swearing, maybe this is the COD title this year - Crash of Duty: N.Sane Warfare

A terrifying thought has occured. Activision could very well be mobilizing to Overwatch and Skylander the hell out of this game.

Not only might they nickle and dime us with skins, costumes or even more vital content,  but they might even money gate certain playable characters to boot.

I think you all are panicking for nothing. It'll just be some different costumes. 

If there's any unique characters, it'll be full DLC. Which is fair, I think... 

• Absolutely 1

Here's some exclusive new gameplay footage from IGN involving a pirate-themed level:

• Thumbs Up 5