Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

54 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Do you want the long version, the short version, the medium version or the direct version?

Well her regular outfit is mostly the same as the original, so I don't know how long the long or medium version can be.

Can't wait to play as Dingodile. I assume his gameplay is just torching everything with his flamethrower 😂 I'll love Toys for Bob even more if they've also made Tiny playable.

Spinning paint over the environment (which looks cool) immediately made me think of Splatoon, ha.

Along with inverted mode and time-relics it looks like CB4 is gonna have a lot of replay value. 

Do you think we'll get a level where Crash/Coco ride an animal which of course was a tradition in the original trilogy?

Just now, TheOcelot said:

Can't wait to play as Dingodile. I assume his gameplay is just torching everything with his flamethrower 😂

They've already confirmed that he's traded his flamethrower for a vacuum-like device in this game. Sadly, no burning everything in sight.

He still looks pretty fun to play as, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

It looks like Cortex and N.Tropy may have a bit of a rivalry going on based on the custcene footage, also was pointed out Uka Uka is on the ground in one scene and Cortex is seen holding a stick in the moments before, maybe its a scenario similar to what happened in MOM where Cortex betrays Uka Uka.

• Thumbs Up 4

Some conflict between the villains would be really cool to see. They always kinda hated each other so it makes sense really.

I think this game begins immediately after Crash 3 (to even bring back that tradition) and we see the two babies fighting for Uka-Uka, just like how it ended. A time skip / fast forward happens, and the two guys, now as adults, are fed up with Uka, and each other. Then one day, when they really can't take it anymore, they decide to knock Uka-Uka out (and I think they start arguing about who's gonna do it), but right before they do so, that time and space portal opens in front of them. Uka gets distracted with this opportunity to escape, and right before he flees, Cortex hits Uka with that club. Both scientists escape through the portal and I think N. Tropy makes himself the "head" of this new plan. Oh, and I believe the purple mask is the one that oppened that portal. Perhaps Uka-Uka will eventually escape later in the game and maybe even join forces with Crash, Coco and Aku (heck, or even Dingodile!). The last fight will be against N.Tropy and Cortex.

That's my bet.

That reminds me, I saw in one video that when Cortex dies enough times a mask naturally spawns in to help you...and it's Aku Aku, hilariously.

I remember thinking Uka Uka would replace him in the final game but now what looks like possibly a betrayal might throw a wrench in that so uhhh...if so, what are they gonna do about that?

33 minutes ago, Celestia said:

That reminds me, I saw in one video that when Cortex dies enough times a mask naturally spawns in to help you...and it's Aku Aku, hilariously.

I remember thinking Uka Uka would replace him in the final game but now what looks like possibly a betrayal might throw a wrench in that so uhhh...if so, what are they gonna do about that?

What is funny is that, once Cortex gets to the end of his level and the cutscene triggers, if he's with an Aku-Aku mask, it breaks into pieces, like it's made of fucking cardboard. See it here:

Perhaps he made a fake Aku-Aku mask to protect him?

I assume that's just the game getting rid of your mask when you get to a cutscene. Or maybe that specific one, since after it you switch to Crash?

edit: I said something about it playing the same sound for when you get hit when Aku Aku disintegrates, but that isn't in that video even though I swear it was in the one I saw the other day. Bad memory I guess lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope they don't spoil toooo much TBH. I didn't worried much with the NST and CTR because they were remakes, but this is a new game, new story... I miiiiiiight skip this one.

Ha. Yeah. Like I have that strengh.

• Chuckle 1

Flashback tapes revealed. A collectable that unlocks new levels that takes place during Crash's origin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's quite cool TBH. I noticed that in the b-roll footage we got minutes after the reveal, the music that plays during these levels are some of the songs from the original trilogy. Not the remixed ones from NST, the actual original by Josh Mancel. Hm.

Color me surprised. The Bandicoot siblings' origins were something I never expected Toys for Bob to shine a light on (or anyone, really). It shows just how much they want to make this game the best it can be.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Color me surprised. The Bandicoot siblings' origins were something I never expected Toys for Bob to shine a light on (or anyone, really). It shows just how much they want to make this game the best it can be.

Althought I wish they kinda changed their models a bit during these segments, to make them look a biiiit younger. Or maybe, just get rid of Coco's iPad, now that's fucking weird. Also, they're probably gonna have some interactions with Tawna during these scenes, which is cool.

When they started talking about "flashback" levels, I swore they meant something like Sonic Generations, Sonic Mania... It would've been cool aswell.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's fucking great. No, seriously. That cutscene is absolutely perfect, the animations, the voice acting, holy crap. Goddamn I'm so ready for this!

Also, for those who pre-ordered the game digitally, there will be a demo available on September 16th. So pretty much like how it was with Tony Hawk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

Also, for those who pre-ordered the game digitally, there will be a demo available on September 16th. So pretty much like how it was with Tony Hawk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, typical Activision. Putting something that should be regularly available like a demo, behind a paywall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Final Fantasy 7 Remake gets a full-blown one hour demo that sold me on the game, and got me to pre-order, despite never liking the original FF7 much...

...but gotta pay up for the chance to play Crash 4's demo. *sigh*.

Doesn't effect me much since I planned to pre-order Crash 4 digitally anyways, but that's not the point. Holding fucking demos behind paywalls now is utterly ludicrous, and bad for business at that. 

It's already affected me with Tony Hawk, since I've never played a TH game before, and while I'd actually be interested in a demo to try it out and see if I like it or not, instead you had to double down and pay up to access the demo, which defeats the purpose entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

We have some official & concept art of Parallel Tawna

50305541211_0db3726f13_z.jpg

The boomerang looks cool but reminds me of another character..

50305541541_f5ea5b870c_c.jpg

I wonder if she will have alternate costumes?

50304857093_0ddc297482_c.jpg

50305542466_8d86e9b150.jpg

50304857698_2bfe32c466_c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Having a demo that you have to pay money to play, literally defeats the purpose of a demo.

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I like Tawna's design there, I hope the one with the skull tank top gets added as an alternative outfit, it resembles her original design more, with a punk edge to it, which is pretty cool IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/8/2020 at 10:26 AM, StaticMania said:

Well her regular outfit is mostly the same as the original, so I don't know how long the long or medium version can be.

In that case, I'll give you the short answer. In her regular design, the hair and arms come off as way too noodle like.

The arms and hands as well don't mesh too good.

The costumes tend to remove these issues by giving her completely different hairstyles, and proportions that look far better.