Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

On 8/24/2021 at 6:19 PM, Son-icka said:

So basically whatever the hints towards the Wumpa League thing was (an extra mode in Crash 4? A completely separate / new multiplayer game?) is pretty much confirmed to be happening or starting to come to fruition now. 

The marketing has clearly begun within this slideshow presentation with the fun little hints and “accidental but on purpose” slides and images, and this will probably start escalating more as the month(s) go on until the official reveal. 

Initially thought it might be some sort of add on mode for Crash 4… however I’m beginning to think this is either a separate Crash Bash spiritual successor that TFB are developing, or that Activision want them jumping onboard the live service option and making something akin to say… Fall Guys, but in the Crash Universe. 

Actually it probably is exactly that. Yes. Gotta grind/buy them character skins baby! 

Well, if this insider is to be believed that this project might be resurfacing at the Xbox show, it appears to be in line with Crash Bash successor, describe as a 4 player brawler. Of course, who's to say that'd stop them from jumping onboard the live service train anyway?

If it does reveal this month, I have to wonder how substantial it will be. The past year must've been pretty bumpy for TFB's development on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless this thing's free to play, I will not be supporting the release because Activision doesn't deserve a single cent from my pockets.

• Thumbs Up 3

Imagine the salt if Wumpa League actually happens and it's a Xbox exclusive lol It gets even crazier when you remember that it was first teased in a video of Coco and Crash playing UNCHARTED. Holy shit man, I'm gonna get mad, bro. This world is insaaaaaaaaaneeeee.

• Thumbs Up 2

CGE made a video about it.

I'd say it's pretty clear that this game is coming out, given the guy's reaction. He tried to fix it, but in the end he gave it away. Party game then, oh right. That's could be fun.

I'll believe it when I see it. Wumpa League's been clamored on for years now, and with not much to show.

If it is a thing, then that's keen....well, given the company that's housing the dev company, I'll still be wary of more predatory bouts of enticing spending like with the last multiplayer Crash game.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/6/2022 at 6:30 AM, Jango said:

Imagine the salt if Wumpa League actually happens and it's a Xbox exclusive lol It gets even crazier when you remember that it was first teased in a video of Coco and Crash playing UNCHARTED. Holy shit man, I'm gonna get mad, bro. This world is insaaaaaaaaaneeeee.

Its been stated multiple times Activision's properties will continue to be multiplatform. It's also been said before the FTC, who reviews these buyouts.

Hmmm. It's not necessarily a confirmation of anything, but something might be on the horizon. 

I'm really curious about the development of this game. It started alongside Crash 4, then it got "cancelled" because part of the creative team left TfB, then it started again, but with a different type of gameplay. 

I just hope it's fun.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Hmmm. It's not necessarily a confirmation of anything, but something might be on the horizon. 

I think its just the social media team making a joke out of that news story. I just checked google and its on multiple news outlets.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

Crash 4 is coming to Steam, decent chance of Wumpa League being shown at TGAs. 

If Wumpa League really is a F2P battle royale of sorts, I'm probably passing out. Played the hell out of Multiversus for 2 weeks. Haven't touched the game again in months. These games die so quickly to me. 

Wish there's news on Crash 5 or NF2 too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DaBigJ said:

So uh....I guess Wumpa League is real.

Reveal hidden contents

It being real was never really doubted. The dubious bout laid in whether or not it will actually come to see the light of day. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

It being real was never really doubted. The dubious bout laid in whether or not it will actually come to see the light of day. 

Yup, and considering the swag that TFB sent the content creators recently… we should know for sure what form Wumpa League takes by the time The Game Awards airs in a few weeks time.

16 hours ago, Sonicka said:

Yup, and considering the swag that TFB sent the content creators recently… we should know for sure what form Wumpa League takes by the time The Game Awards airs in a few weeks time.

I'll admit. Even I'll be surprised if something doesn't pop up.

Now whether or not it's good, especially given those leaks, is another matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this late stage, I'd almost prefer Crash Bandicoot 5: It's About Boxes to be announced instead. But I'll take whatever they can throw at us, and hope it sticks the landing.

There's a theory (by CanadianGuy) that Spyro 4 is also in development, but by Beenox, not TFB. At this point everything is possible. Cleary there were plans to make Crash 5 someday, but that was before TFB was thrown into the CoD mines and many people left the studio. Guess it's see to believe at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2022 at 4:32 AM, Sonicka said:

At this late stage, I'd almost prefer Crash Bandicoot 5: It's About Boxes to be announced instead. But I'll take whatever they can throw at us, and hope it sticks the landing.

Same. Honestly, the frustrating thing with Wumpa League is that it blatantly reads as what they want to be as the new CTR NF. the party game of sorts meant to act as a buffer between games, I assume.

Of course, the leaks revealed all kind of messed up priorities, what with this game leaning heavily into aspects not unseen in money grubbing F2Ps if the leaks are to be believed.

Hopefully, that doesn't turn out to be the case or, they caught wind of the inevitable backlash and are changing course to a feasible degree.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's anything like one of those F2P garbage games then I think you can guarantee that there'll be some level of flack given, probably fueled by Jim Sterling.

And there'll probably be no Switch version until a year later because L O L