Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

A "4" in the title does brings back some bad memories hahaha 

I'm confident in this, tho'. They're making one game this time, not 3, so I wouldn't throw assumptions about it "been rushed" so soon. The leaked concept art was spoted in Toys for Bob's office in mid-2019. Spyro Reignited Trilogy was released in late 2018 and didn't received any DLC, other than the Switch and PC ports, which were done by Iron Galaxy IIRC. So it's likely that they started developing Crash 4 almost right way.

I think it's coming out this holiday and it's gonna have some next-gen enhancements, probably 60fps and insta-loading, instead of a "true" PS5/Series X version. 

Activision is obviously holding on the announcement of the Switch and PC versions, because yeah, it's them. I don't know why people are still acting surprised and getting angry at this. Shitty company pulls a shitty move, news on Channel 5.

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

. I don't know why people are still acting surprised and getting angry at this. Shitty company pulls a shitty move, news on Channel 5.

Idk just guessing but maybe because they’d rather not just treat it like normal and brush it off and move on, which is what these companies want: blind loyalty and hype in spite of their shitiness. It’s shitty, and annoying, and thus people will be annoyed and frustrated. Idk why that’s a weird concept to you

Spoiler

Torn on calling it Crash 4, especially after CTR welcomed the entire post ND canon with open arms. Though the fact they specify it starts in 1998 might suggest this is a Sonic 4 situation (UH OH) where it takes place right after 3 and before anything else tho, so kinda a way they can have their cake and eat it too.

Whatever tho, I'm really excited to see the thing in action.

Sad no Switch version for now, I'm sure it's coming but I don't think I can wait. Gonna Xbone that shit day 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Jango said:

I don't know why people are still acting surprised and getting angry at this. Shitty company pulls a shitty move, news on Channel 5.

Don't. Just don't. 

It should be obvious that most people prefer that Activision not be so overtly greedy right in their faces. And that yes, we're sick and tired of them treating us consumers like desperate double dipping whales or walking cattle atms.

There's no need to get smarmy about it again.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Idk just guessing but maybe because they’d rather not just treat it like normal and brush it off and move on, which is what these companies want: blind loyalty and hype in spite of their shitiness. It’s shitty, and annoying, and thus people will be annoyed and frustrated. Idk why that’s a weird concept to you

That's not the point, the point is that this has happened quite a few times already and people still act as if it's the first time lol It's a waste of time getting angry at that at this point, honestly. It's annoying yes, if I didn't had a PS4 or Xbox One, or if the game was announced as a PS5/Series X title, I'd be annoyed too. But this ain't something that I would consider wasting energy getting angry or cynical at, unless people reaaaaally have that much free space in their lives to worry about a game that MAY not be coming out to the console they own, as if there isn't bigger stuff to actually worry about right?

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

free space to worry about a game MAY not coming out to the console they own, as if there isn't bigger stuff to actually worry about right?

Are you really pulling this? Is your corporate apologia really gone to the point you’re pulling the “there’s more important things in life” card because a company is getting criticized? Lol

27 minutes ago, Jango said:

Activision is obviously holding on the announcement of the Switch and PC versions, because yeah, it's them. I don't know why people are still acting surprised and getting angry at this. Shitty company pulls a shitty move, news on Channel 5.

Nobody is surprised, nor were they surprised with CTR. You don't have to be surprised by something to think it's bad. I never understood people who try to make that argument in favour of just shutting up and not criticizing someone or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's annoying yes, if I didn't had a PS4 or Xbox One, or if the game was announced as a PS5/Series X title, I'd be annoyed too.

Good for you then. Don't waste your time and energy trying to talk down the people who are rightfully angry with Activision. 

It's a waste of your time and energy. And not productive in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

It should be obvious that most people prefer that Activision not be so overtly greedy right in their faces.

As it should be obvious that complaining the other twelve times didn't solved anything, right? It's a business strategy of theirs, and they won't change it if it's working. And as a matter of fact: it ain't wrong. And at the end of the day, the game might very likely come to the other platforms.

Wasn't Crash 3 also about time travel? Bit of an odd choice to jump back and insert this as a sequel to the third game while also repeating its gimmick.

Anyway I enjoyed the trilogy for the most part so if this ends up getting a Switch port down the line I might pick it up. At least if it leans more towards the first two games than the gimmick-heavy third.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

As it should be obvious that complaining the other twelve times didn't solved anything, right?

And this is dealing irreparable damage to you or something, I suppose?

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's a business strategy of theirs, and they won't change it if it's working. And as a matter of fact: it ain't wrong. And at the end of the day, the game might very likely come to the other platforms.

Everyone is aware of this, yes, thank you.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 2

17 minutes ago, Jango said:

As it should be obvious that complaining the other twelve times didn't solved anything, right?

Do you have a point as why people less fortunate than you should just lie down and take it? Cause if not, it's like I said. Waste of energy. 

Consumers have no reason to just shut up and take it if Activision don't plan to change. And as example such as EA and several other companies relenting in other greedy corporate actions when voices got loud enough that trouble came their way showed, something's gotta give eventually,  and it likely won't be the playerbase.

Besides, if voices aren't even heard then the corporate suits would just claim that we never asked in the first place.

Heck, I even own a PS4 and I'm still disgusted at Activision's greedy actions.

So, if it bugs you that people are standing up for themselves, then it would be best to stay clear of the internet for a while.

Not gonna lie, if it’s a reboot, I’m sad it means Twinsanity, along with everyone and that games cast being non-canon.

I really hope they just don’t decide to never use them again, the newer games had some good characters like Crunch and Nina, so it’d be lame if they’re just erased from the timeline altogether now.

20 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not gonna lie, if it’s a reboot, I’m sad it means Twinsanity, along with everyone and that games cast being non-canon.

Well, according to the leaks,  there would be some returning post-Naughty Dog characters. 

With any luck, this new Crash 4 will just turn out to be the precursor to a canon reimagining of Crash Twinsanity,  just how with more characters, Tawna notable among them, more maintained to the franchise. 

Considering Nitro Fueled pulled an Everyone Is Here I'd actually be surprised if they erased it all. Even if not everyone shows up or whatever it'd be cute to see post-ND trilogy characters appear or at least cameo.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Well, according to the leaks,  there would be some returning post-Naughty Dog characters. 

With any luck, this new Crash 4 will just turn out to be the precursor to a canon reimagining of Crash Twinsanity,  just how with more characters, Tawna notable among them, more maintained to the franchise. 

If this led to a proper reimagining of Crash Purple and Spyro Orange, I’d be 100% down for this idea 

Considering the plot is about travelling through different times and dimensions, wouldn't be surprised if they reintroduced certain post ND characters as being from the future/an alternate timeline.

Even if it's a reboot tho', as everyone else said, don't doubt they'll reintroduce concepts from post ND, if not now, later down the road.

No Switch version doesn't effect me much since I have a PS4 but I know if I still only had my switch and they pulled this I would've been pretty peeved so people are well within their rights to complain about it. 

Since the game take place in 98 I'm very open to seeing a lot of fun throwbacks to that era of gamming, especially when it came to mascot platformers 

I’m fully expecting since they have the assets from CTR Nitro, the old school looking polygon visual Crash to be like some bonus costume or a joke in one of the early cutscenes. Maybe 98 Crash is just all polygons until he gets sent to the future or something.

In the meantime, this seems quite promising regarding that Developer's Showcase happening on Monday at 11:00 AM EST.

• Thumbs Up 3

To add to this ☝️, word is out that the game will be released on... October 9!? Read it on Era.

24 minutes ago, Jango said:

To add to this ☝️, word is out that the game will be released on... October 9!? Read it on Era.

Huh. So releasing in less than 4 months from now eh?

There's no way in hell it's releasing next year when we've already got the finished box art and everything for it. It's likely been in development since Reignited concluded it's development cycle, and they're just now getting around to announcing it.

Going by the pattern on the previous years, it's about 5-6 months of marketing campaign before the game releases (December 2016 to June 2017 for N.Sane, April 2018 to September 2018 for Reignited before it got delayed, and December 2018 to June 2019 for CTR). So October or November seems like the right guess.

There's also the possibility it was supposed to be announced earlier but had to be delayed thanks to the pandemic.