Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

Hmm... It's gonna take some time for me to get used to the redesigns, but that has me wondering. With that kind of "polygonal" and smoothed out style in the screen shot Crash and Coco are in, does that have to do with the whole

Spoiler

"dimensional" setting

they're in that's warping their designs like that for that particular level / world, or is that just the typical Toy's for Bob's artstyle. I can't tell since I'm trying to compare that shot with Crash 

Spoiler

in that tron / Pharaoh (?) suit 

but it's a little low quality... but I wanna say its kiiiiinda different? Maybe I'm just going crazy. 

I like them colors and environments tho. Looking real fresh.

By the screenshots, you can take that the new masks not only give Crash and Coco a new power, but also a suit/armour, pretty much like Mario Galaxy. The "pharaoh"  Crash seems to be the suit given by the yellow moon mask.

I do wonder which power-ups from Crash 3 will be kept for Crash 4, tho'. Maybe just the double jump like how it was in Twinsanity? 

Oh, and you can definitely see that Cortex is playable in that lava mountain screenshot. So yeah, those leaks were true.

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

I do wonder which power-ups from Crash 3 will be kept for Crash 4, tho'.

According to the leaks,  pretty much, everything.

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

Oh, and you can definitely see that Cortex is playable in that lava mountain screenshot. So yeah, those leaks were true.

Already covered that, but yeah, it looks to be the case.

28 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

According to the leaks,  pretty much, everything.

The 4chan one? I wouldn't take that leak from granted tho'. Anyone could've come with that description with the info we had up untill that point. The dude from Twitter actually got more things right months ago, including the game been called Crash 4 internally and playable Cortex / Coco and the story around new masks... anyways. I wouldn't be against keeping the whole arsenal minus the fruit bazooka for obvious game breaking reasons. I wouldn't be against just keeping the double jump like in Twinsanity either. By the end of Crash 3, it can feel a little cheap with all the power-ups, especially when you replay the first levels.

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

The 4chan one? I wouldn't take that leak from granted tho'.

Multiple leaks actually, but the 4chan one has been accurate so far.

Well, the only leak I saw "confirming" that Crash and Coco will have every power-up from Crash 3 from the go was the 4chan, but fine. I just thought of something... having the dash from the start would be rad.

I was looking at the screenshots again, and that futuristic level in special seems to be wider than any level from the original Trilogy. I really like that. It does looks like a mix between the Naughty Dog's original with Radical's Mind Over Mutant when it comes to level design. I think this can work.

You know what I'm very curious about? How the Cortex levels fit in the game? Do you play them before every Crash/Coco level and depending on how many traps and enemies you place, the harder the level will be? That would be something pretty interesting and different. You decide how hard the level can get before playing it. I don't think it will be exactly like that, but it'd be cool. 

> Watch the Cortex levels be just mini-games between main levels.

1 hour ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Multiple leaks actually, but the 4chan one has been accurate so far.

This 4chan leak?

31NGXIu.png

Because it's pretty clearly not accurate at all.

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

This 4chan leak?

31NGXIu.png

Because it's pretty clearly not accurate at all.

Wrong 4chan leak Marc.

2 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Wrong 4chan leak Marc.

Ah, this is the one being posted on Resetera lol

What is the 4chan leak then?

Also, screw you guys. I don't even like Crash, yet I'm kinda excited for this 😕  😆

• Chuckle 3

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Ah, this is the one being posted on Resetera lol

What is the 4chan leak then?

I would need to re-fibd it, but the one we're all talking about mentions Crash having all his powers from Warped, some post-ND characters showing up and more.

Really surprised Toys for Bob is developing this, really thought for sure Vicarious Visions would had been called back. Guess all hands are on deck for the THPS1+2 remaster I suppose.

Personally I would not had gunned for naming this a belated direct sequel to the ND games. Seen more than a few games do that and fall on their face.

No Switch/PC release is a bummer, but whatever, maybe they'll be released later. I'm still playing through Cortex Strikes Back, and have yet to get to Warped (the PS1 originals, not the N-Sane versions), so I can wait I suppose. Besides, Crash 4 being an (initial) PS4/XB1-only release I imagine is the least worst thing that can happen to this game considering this is an Activision joint. The Trojan horse microtransaction nonsense Acti pulled last year with CTR: NF is still fresh in my mind personally. I also still don't like how Acti never bothered with putting the entire Spyro Re-Ignited trilogy on one cart/disk for the physical console releases.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I also still don't like how Acti never bothered with putting the entire Spyro Re-Ignited trilogy on one cart/disk for the physical console releases.

A later print of Reignited on disc had all 3 games idk about Switch carts though.

Spoiler

This game can't stop leaking lmao

Trailer theme, by the way. Not the actual trailer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That trailer song immediately smashed with nostalgia - I remember listening it non-stop when Mr. Bean's Holiday was out.

Also have to admit, I'm not a big fan of the redesigns. Coco especially, her hair looks really fucked up. I don't even understand why they felt the need to redesign the cast for the second time this year, the N Sane Trilogy designs were the absolute perfect adaption of the PS1 designs.

Not sure I really buy the 'trailer music' thing; if they have the trailer music, why not the trailer? I could go upload Life is Sweet by The Chemical Brothers, slap a Crash thumbnail on it, and say it was the trailer music, and there's technically no evidence to the contrary. 

Reminds me of when Sonic fans used to upload any old song as a 'main theme leak' for any newly announced Sonic game. 

58 minutes ago, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

This game can't stop leaking lmao

Trailer theme, by the way. Not the actual trailer. 

Damn, someone is getting fired at Toys for Bob xD /jk

It's kind of a shame that it got leaked, this would've been an awesome surprise. 

I've never heard this music before, sounds very early 2000's, like Simple Plan and Blink-182. I think it's fitting. Personally, I would have gone with Eminem's Without Me :P

You know, eventhough it's Toys for Bob / Activision's intention to retcon the original trilogy to Crash 4, I'm glad that this new game kept some ideas from the previously "Crash 4", Wrath of Cortex, like: playable Coco in regular levels; four new masks (as allies this time, which is cooler IMO); wider levels, but still corridor-like. 

But I'm also glad that Crash 4 will ditch stuff that WoC simply copied from Crash 3, like the Warp Room (according to ViewAnoun).

I DO really wish that Crunch gets to be re-introduced in this game, but not as the only boss, I would write him as Cortex's "secret" weapon, make him the penultimate boss. 

And if they're bringing back the other classic Crash villains, like Tiny and Dingodile, don't make them just dumb stage hazards like in WoC, please 🙏

34 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Not sure I really buy the 'trailer music' thing; if they have the trailer music, why not the trailer? I could go upload Life is Sweet by The Chemical Brothers, slap a Crash thumbnail on it, and say it was the trailer music, and there's technically no evidence to the contrary. 

Reminds me of when Sonic fans used to upload any old song as a 'main theme leak' for any newly announced Sonic game. 

It's apparently a new cover of the song and it has a clean, different version of the key art, so... 🤷‍♂️

This is the original version:

There's an original version before Mr. Bean's Holiday if Wikipedia is telling the truth, although the version posted above is more or less 1:1 to the Mr. Bean version.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, KHCast said:
On 6/19/2020 at 11:11 AM, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Well, according to the leaks,  there would be some returning post-Naughty Dog characters. 

With any luck, this new Crash 4 will just turn out to be the precursor to a canon reimagining of Crash Twinsanity,  just how with more characters, Tawna notable among them, more maintained to the franchise. 

If this led to a proper reimagining of Crash Purple and Spyro Orange, I’d be 100% down for this idea

On that note, can't help but wonder if Nina and Crunch might get properly reintroduced in this game.

Would certainly help set the stage for that crossover and a revamped Twinsanity as well!

All nice.

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

This is the original version:

There's an original version before Mr. Bean's Holiday if Wikipedia is telling the truth, although the version posted above is more or less 1:1 to the Mr. Bean version.

Ah, well my point about the key art still stands at least lol

12 hours ago, Marcello said:

This 4chan leak?

31NGXIu.png

I think what's laughable about this leak as it's literally just the fucking beta version of Wrath of Cortex. Like, literally nearly 1:1 bar a few minor points. Crash Bandicoot Worlds was the original beta name of the game, it was going to be semi-open world (or rather - two levels in each world was going to have a open area to explore).

Even the masks is essentially just a rip-off of the WoC's world ideas. In the video that Tornado posted a few days ago, the game design document literally outlines all three locales that leak mentions. There was a mask that was in total darkness (Eclipse), a world that was submerged in lava (Sun). The only new one there is Lunar, and you could again tie that back to the idea of a world where it's in pitch darkness. 

This leak was really obviously fake to begin with.

Official Twitter acknowledged the leaks and confirmed a full reveal tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh snap. Direct sequel to Crash 3 indeed. Are they gonna solve the 105% completiom "plot hole"? 

I wonder if Toys for Bob will get Josh Mancel to compose, like how they got Stewart Copeland, eventhough he only actually made one new song, having the original guy on board would help the sound team to get those Crash-y beats right.

Also this:

LOL

• Chuckle 1