Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

I love how they aren't even bothering to hide it anymore and have just now resorted to calling it Crash 4.

Its cool that the devs are willing to let big names in the community see stuff ahead of time like Canadian Guy Eh and Jumpbutton and let them tease stuff to get fans hyped. 

38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I love how they aren't even bothering to hide it anymore and have just now resorted to calling it Crash 4.

it's the coolest way to deal with leaks imho. at least hype people up for what's to come instead of trying to hide it.

I’ll give Activision this, at least they aren’t pulling a Randy Pitchford at the leaks and resorting to outrage and whining about “shoddy journalism” because they weren’t able to reveal something in the planned way they were wanting. They’re just rolling with the punches and adapting 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Jango said:

Oh snap. Direct sequel to Crash 3 indeed. Are they gonna solve the 105% completiom "plot hole"? 

What plot hole?

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

What plot hole?

Neo Cortex and N. Tropy turned into babies and were sent, along with Uka-Uka, to the prehistoric times. By the beggining of Wrath of Cortex, which up untill now was "Crash 4", they're all fine. 

Not that I'm expecting much in terms of story from this franchise, hey, it's an orange bandicoot with jeans, but at least Crash 1 - 2 - 3 were all connected, Crash 2 actually started immediately after 1, and Crash 3 started immediately after 2.

Apologies if this has already been posted but, some merchandise leaks reveals Tawna to be in the game

65d74edd-756c-4c3c-9bc3-1b6afb9d7383 by MetroLSD

17400944-94bd-4444-86ba-c3ab8b7ebf30 by MetroLSD

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

1592796665705.png

There was this leaked bout of footage which suggests that the game will be going for more of a collectathon sort of style.

Aw, lookit my boy Dingodile in the merch! Love the menace.

If he's getting on merch ahead of the likes of Tiny, I wonder if his role is going to be expanded ala Twinsanity...

Spoiler

1592796618895.gif

There's also been this short amount of gameplay leaked as well.

The game seems kind of... Spyro-esque.

54 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

The game seems kind of... Spyro-esque.

To be honest? That's great. Toys for Bob art direction was amazing in Spyro Reignited. Plus, Unreal Engine, babe. I liked how Vicarious Visions brough Crash and crew back, minus a few characters, and I liked even more what Beenox did. For consistency sake, sure, those designs should've been used in Crash 4. But eh... I'm here since 1996. Crash getting redesigned isn't nothing new xD I'm just glad it isn't anything too Radical (pun totally intended).

Here's a joke while we wait:

Everybody when the trailer drops:

42 minutes ago, Jango said:

But eh... I'm here since 1996.

Actually, you said you've been a fan since 1999.

On 12/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, Jango said:

What the hell is a Mr. Crumb? lol I've been a Crash fan since 1999 and I never ever heard about this guy. I kinda feel offended.

That said, Crash looks fine. The rest.....aren't the best.

It's rather baffling though why they'd change the designs already despite Nitro-Fueled pretty much perfecting bringing everything back to life. It was something most people liked save for how some characters turned out, and that could've easily been tweaked. 

Unless this game really is going to reboot the series, it makes even less sense than when Crash of the Titans did it.

Granted, if VV and Toys For Bob are going to take turns making games and each respective game changes the art style back and forth, that will be hilariously confusing.

49 minutes ago, Jango said:

To be honest?

That said, it's not just the looks that make it seem Spyro-esque, but if that other leaked photo is anything to go by, the gameplay might also be more Spyro-esque to boot.

Nah, it's Crash Generations

It’s About Time ⏰ for a brand-wumping new #CrashBandicoot game! 🤪 Crash fourward into a time-shattering adventure in Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It’s About Time. Available October 9, 2020. Buy digitally and get the Totally Tubular Skins for Crash and Coco, available at launch.

I thought it was stupid to assume, but there it is right in the stinger...

The other games never happened apparently.

Crash and Cortex look good enough.

Coco is looking really eh.

18 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

I actually loved that meta joke xD 

Edit: I thought you were reffering to the joke at the end, oops.

Mechanically it looks solid. About what I expected. The Sonic inspiration is strong at points for sure. Visually I’m iffy on it.

Also the main title card with “pre-order” underneath is disg-*shot*

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Was that actually confirmed?

Just now, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Was that actually confirmed?

It's a joke in the stinger...

And Cortex's first line is about how he was defeated in Crash 3.

Just now, StaticMania said:

And Cortex's first line is about how he was defeated in Crash 3

Well yeah, I heard that, but are we sure that this game actually reboots the timeline or is it just a midquel?

Looks great gameplaywise, that run animation looks a little awkward though. And yeah, between the wallrunning, gravity flipping, and grinding, this really does have a Sonic vibe.

It wouldn't make sense to joke about how the other games technically not happening...if they're not getting rid of them.

Hmm... I'm a lil mixed not gonna lie. Still excited and looking forward to this, but I wanna see how this improves along the way. Crash being able to run on walls and switch from under and over rails now looks pretty cool.

Some of the physics and animations def needs some tweaking tho. I saw a body slam that looked extremely floaty as if Coco was parachuting lol. And the running and front flipping animations looked kinda unpolished too me, as if to say the inbetweens for the animation just starts and ends too quickly. It's just really weird to me. Still gotta get used to the new character designs as well, especially with how far the camera is shot that they look more like toys in a play set. With that said I still like the colors and environments and how the suits / masks will shake up some of the gameplay

But yea, def more good for me than ehh. Glad to see my boy Crash becoming prominent again.