Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

4 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It wouldn't make sense to joke about how the other games technically not happening...if they're not getting rid of them.

Okay, I can't check the video right now, so what exactly did they say that hinted at them not happening?

Just now, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Okay, I can't check the video right now, so what exactly did they say that hinted at them not happening?

It's meta:

Mask: How many times have you beaten this clown?

Coco: 3

Mask: Really?! Felt like more than that.

Just now, StaticMania said:

It's meta:

Mask: How many times have you beaten this clown?

Coco: 3

Mask: Really?! Felt like more than that.

Oh. Well, technically this game takes place right after 3, so that makes sense. It's a meta joke sure, but not necessarily one that eliminates the later games from happening.

10 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

More Images from the Playstation Flickr Album (Different Sizes for each image)

Hide contents

50023810668_64bb489b02_c.jpg50024615447_d9a463f77f_c.jpg50023810563_f5c0f50414_c.jpg50024354886_75c043109a_c.jpg50024615237_a27f95e771_c.jpg50024615187_152e3b69e8_c.jpg50024615147_0194dfafaf_c.jpg

50024354956_40b754231d_c.jpg

Seems one of the levels may take place in Gasmoxia...

Damn, these are stills from the game?! Looks SOOOOO GOOD.

PICKING UP WHERE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY LEFT OFF, NEO CORTEX AND DR. NEFARIOUS TROPY HAVE ESCAPED THEIR INTERDIMENSIONAL PRISON AND IN DOING SO HAVE FRACTURED THE BOUNDARIES OF TIME AND SPACE. IT’S UP TO CRASH AND COCO TO SAVE THE DAY.

There's a better pic of the 4 masks together on the Website for the game.

So expressive do colorful so full of charm and LIFE. Take notes other nondescript animal based platformer series.

Game looks GREAT I cant wait for this to drop 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

They really yeeted the other games out of continuity huh

Apparently not. I'm guessing this is more of a Sonic 4 type-deal where it's just going back a bit to explore an adventure between 3 and WoC, without removing what came after 3 from the continuity entirely. 

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they just pushed the release date forward due to the leaks lol.

Not that I'm complaining. 

Also, looks like Crash and Coco can swap mid-level.

Also, we have this new art showing off characters.image0.png

We've got Dingodile,  the masks, Tawna in the bottom right, looks she's becoming a main stay, and what appears to be a female version of Dr. N. Tropy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, the Crash redesign is great. Best he's ever looked. Coco also doesn't have her gross looking face from N. Sane Trilogy. 

Gameplay-wise it's looking pretty good. I like the new additions to it like grinding and wall running. 

Graphics are nice. 

It's 70 € though, which is too much for Crash for me. Maybe if I find it cheaper, but October already has Star Wars Squadrons (Same day even and it's only 40 €) and Lego Star Wars.

Out of these four masks, two are introduced within the launch trailer: Kupuna-Wa (the Time Mask), who slows down time to allow for even more precise movements, and the Ika Ika (the Gravity Mask), who allows for platforming upside down despite the regular laws of physics!

So what powers will the other 2 masks have?

I keep getting major Rayman 2 / Origins vibes from that game, ngl. Both aesthetic and gameplay.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

According to PSN, the game has multiplayer up to 4 players.

Well, they did mention that there were more playable characters that we hadn't seen yet,

Calling it now, for Crash and Coco, Crunch and Tawna will also be playable.

For Cortex, there will also be Nina.

There's so much to digest in this trailer. References and gameplay features. I'm hella excited, as per usual. The new designs look so good IMO, especially Crash. I think this is honestly the best he has ever looked:

cb4_screenshot_reveal_13.png

They look much better than the mobile game, which, by the way, just got updated:

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

There's so much to digest in this trailer. References and gameplay features. I'm hella excited, as per usual. The new designs look so good IMO, especially Crash. I think this is honestly the best he has ever looked:

cb4_screenshot_reveal_13.png

They look much better than the mobile game, which, by the way, just got updated:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/701116821905997824/724659088851599360/6998941c-b618-477a-a543-45a3a35b2fd0.png

God almighty, they ruined even Nina.

I’m going to remain cautiously optimistic- which is unlike me because I want to love it. So currently I have an ongoing internal debate as to how I feel after watching the trailer.

First off, despite the obvious talent and crossover work that Toy’s 4 Bob have on the series, logically I would have thought that Vicarious Visions would have been ideal to make Crash 4. I know they are working on The Tony Hawk remasters, but still...

The “entirely new... built from the ground up in our new engine...” quotes I’ve seen flung about has me slightly concerned. This just needed to be Crash 4 based and expanded on from the N-Sane Trilogy assets and engine. 

So this worries me about how it will play, and it looks... ok from what has been shown in the videos (which is... all the same footage BTW, looks as though the developer shipped out the same gameplay to every outlet).

I think as well that because I personally expected/hoped for this to just be built or expanded from the proceeding games, meant that visually I’m not pleased about the art style. Crash and Cortex don’t look too terrible but Coco... 

33 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Wow, the Crash redesign is great. Best he's ever looked. Coco also doesn't have her gross looking face from N. Sane Trilogy. 

No. Defo disagree. It’s much more gross where they’ve “cartoon flattened” it here. The appeal was in the cuter art design imo, she was like an adorable plush before, now it’s “too cool for skool.” But whatever. Different tastes.

...that. being. said.

Toys 4 Bob are making this game? Brilliant! They did excellent work on the Spyro Trilogy, and had a hand in work on the remastered trilogy and CTR. 

Everything looks so much more vibrant! The “Saturday morning cartoon” aesthetic really seems to help bring the game to life some more.

The devs seem completely determined to make this a true successor to the trilogy by calling it “4” (if/and or not the other games are affected, really doesn’t bother me). I think that’s it is wonderful that they have certain baselines for remaining true to It feeling like a crash game from the original series. If that is their ideology and mission statement, it’s promising. I just hope it works out.

Gameplay itself looks to take the what worked before whilst adding twists with the new mask power ups for level traversal. I also like the potential to play as additional characters. Hell yeah! Hopefully the masks will make interacting with levels on repeat visits interesting on replays (ala Crash 3) rather than the mask powers only being situation specific.

So Yeah. I’m all for this, but really worried at the same time! 🤣 I’m gunna have faith though despite my reservations, but let’s be honest, it will still be a day one buy from me.