Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

Crash himself arguably looks better than ever. I love how he looked in N Sane, I love how he looks here.  I do think Coco and Cortex look a bit better in N Sane, but whatevs, nothing wrong with Toys For Bob painting things with their own brush. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I still haven't completely given up on one day getting the N. Sane Trilogy. I played a little bit of it over at a friend's house and beat a level that he couldn't for him which probably means I'm up to the challenge. I'm sure it won't be on the level of beating the Data Rematches in the Kingdom Hearts games (although I'm still shocked I was able to do that too) but I hear the challenge is gonna be a considerable thing none the less.

Totally not getting the racing game because of the stunt Activision pulled.

However, this is kind of interesting although I feel a bit mixed on what I'm looking at. Obviously, I'm not a huge Crash fan. The only of his games I have is a PS2 title that I never beat called The Wrath of Cortex but even so comparing the way the game looks to the remasters that just came out kind of intrigues me a bit. I'm not getting the same sense of super high quality polish from this 4th game that I got from those. At least not yet. 

I see people not jazzed about some of the design and animations but honestly despite recognizing where the issue is coming from I can't help but snidely be like "Well at least it HAS what looks like proper design and animations". 

We'll see. I keep having my eye on this series and it's taking a bit long for me to make take that next big step. 

21 hours ago, Jango said:

I wonder if Toys for Bob will get Josh Mancel to compose, like how they got Stewart Copeland, eventhough he only actually made one new song, having the original guy on board would help the sound team to get those Crash-y beats right.

Negatory on that champ:

8 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I still haven't completely given up on one day getting the N. Sane Trilogy. I played a little bit of it over at a friend's house and beat a level that he couldn't for him which probably means I'm up to the challenge. I'm sure it won't be on the level of beating the Data Rematches in the Kingdom Hearts games (although I'm still shocked I was able to do that too) but I hear the challenge is gonna be a considerable thing none the less.

Totally not getting the racing game because of the stunt Activision pulled.

However, this is kind of interesting although I feel a bit mixed on what I'm looking at. Obviously, I'm not a huge Crash fan. The only of his games I have is a PS2 title that I never beat called The Wrath of Cortex but even so comparing the way the game looks to the remasters that just came out kind of intrigues me a bit. I'm not getting the same sense of super high quality polish from this 4th game that I got from those. At least not yet. 

I see people not jazzed about some of the design and animations but honestly despite recognizing where the issue is coming from I can't help but snidely be like "Well at least it HAS what looks like proper design and animations". 

We'll see. I keep having my eye on this series and it's taking a bit long for me to make take that next big step. 

Casually running through the games isn't that difficult - especially since N Sane added additional ways to farm lives and auto-saving. The difficulty comes from going for 100% - specifically going for gold relic times.

Just now, FReaK said:

tenor.png

This is literally what happened with Spyro Reignited. Of course Activision pulled this bs again.

Ok am getting hyped now! Crash 4 is looking totally awesome! Can't wait to play it, I already want to play as Coco tons! she looks so cute & cool! Honestly I have not played any Crash games past the oldest few games. I do own the remakes however... guess I should get started on playing those soon! Everything & everybody looks so good on the new game here, I dig the new art-style so far.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
7 minutes ago, FReaK said:

tenor.png

This is literally what happened with Spyro Reignited. Of course Activision pulled this bs again.

Translation: "Yeah, we'll eventually release a Switch version, but we want bleed as much money of you guys as possible first".

53 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Negatory on that champ:

That's sad... The fact that he wasn't even contacted... Hopefully the new composer will do him justice.

33 minutes ago, Jango said:

That's sad... The fact that he wasn't even contacted... Hopefully the new composer will do him justice.

I'll admit, while the game looks fine so far (certain re-designs notwithstanding) the music doesn't sound like it's going to be memorable. It sounds rather Titans era.

I hope we see those versions of crash and the gang run into this version, and they have their respective games designs/graphics look lol

prob a reach to wish for, but it’d be cute 

Amazing, I literally said a few pages back that I liked to think of all the different series of crash games existing in a multiverse of different universes... And they just made that idea canon with this game. 

I’m pleased by that, as it’s not only a good idea, but at the very least it means for fans of each series of games that they can be acknowledged and tied in (and they hinted that they will be in this game according to that interview) somehow, despite Crash 4 taking place before and/or in a different timeline. 

Different dimensions? Definitely the ideal way to describe the Titans duology and Boom N' Bang.

Best thing about this is that now we can get a Twinsanity re-imagining sometime after Crash 4.

And who knows? Maybe they'll use this game to reintegrate characters into the franchise earlier too.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Oh my fucking god, multiverse theory. 

Essentially, a new timeline was created when Coco went back in time during the N. Sane trilogy.

"Multiverse theory is a bitch".

Is there any particular reason why Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity HAVE to be in an alternate timeline beyond "game bad"? Like the Titan games I totally get because of how different they are but not with the others 

14 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Is there any particular reason why Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity HAVE to be in an alternate timeline beyond "game bad"? Like the Titan games I totally get because of how different they are but not with the others 

They can do a reboot while keeping fans happy that everything they played still happened somewhere and if it goes horribly they can pull a return to the original timeline move.

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Is there any particular reason why Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity HAVE to be in an alternate timeline beyond "game bad"?

Like I said, there's a chance that Twinsanity will be maintained in this timeline. If anything, this makes making a Twinsanity remake/reimaging easier without having to remake Wrath of Cortex which "didn't do as well as we'd hoped".

Essentially, the whole timeline thing is separating the games that are widely agreed to be iffy from the cream of the corn apparently.

Hell, according to one of the key devs this game is being made as the "true successor" to the original trilogy.

6 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Also, we have this new art showing off characters.image0.png

We've got Dingodile,  the masks, Tawna in the bottom right, looks she's becoming a main stay, and what appears to be a female version of Dr. N. Tropy.

Wait, does the art suggest Dingodile, Tawna and N. Tropy are all playable characters? It even shows the potential gameplay styles for the former two. Cortex alone excites me thanks to Twinsanity but I hope he won't end up as criminally underused as he and Nina were in that game (which I'd like to think is impossible). 

I think they might have the 'different perspectives' in different level themes. Cortex was seen playable in that Volcano-ey area, there's a pirate bay, the future city could be linked to the space station (Tropy does look more like the weird dudes this time around), N.Gin's pretty much confirmed to be in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, and Dingodile's picture shows some sort of marsh (don't think we've seen it in footage).

On 06/23/20 at 1:09 PM, Your Vest Friend said:

I think they might have the 'different perspectives' in different level themes. Cortex was seen playable in that Volcano-ey area, there's a pirate bay, the future city could be linked to the space station (Tropy does look more like the weird dudes this time around), N.Gin's pretty much confirmed to be in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, and Dingodile's picture shows some sort of marsh (don't think we've seen it in footage).

Apparently there's a rumor that the person in the picture isn't N.Tropy, kinda believeable given the feminine features.

Edit: Maybe it's a scrapped design for N.Tropy , we've seen all 4 masks designs already, yet in the art we can a radically different design for the mask who presumably  shows up in the chase level.

There are a few interesting things to be noted in these gameplays. The return of gem routes for example. I believe a dev confirmed that this game will have more gems than usual and getting the clear gem still requires you to break EVERY crate in the level. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been milling about that Coco design, and I figured out what I don't like about it. It's the Sonic Riders arms, they don't look right and completely mess up her proportions making her look bottom heavy. For comparison, here's what I mean by Riders arms:

320px-SonicRidersPC_10.png.a8bb7ce98f206adce6da9d310e1ae146.png

• Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, Son-icka said:

No. Defo disagree. It’s much more gross where they’ve “cartoon flattened” it here. The appeal was in the cuter art design imo, she was like an adorable plush before, now it’s “too cool for skool.” But whatever. Different tastes.

Nahhh, there's nothing cute or plush-like about this Ken Penders design:

6LgjKnp.png

Crash 4's design on the other hand is definitely "cute" and not in any way "too cool for school"

C4-REVEAL-002.jpgNot really sure how anyone could make that argument to be honest lol The improvement is like night and day. I'd get the opposite...

5 hours ago, Kuzu said:

This is the type of shit that I want to read.

Not that I don't trust them, but when I see these kinds of statements about how they totally understand what made the original game so beloved I always think of this:

Speed is something that is not given; but rather earned through dedication. Speed is not found by simply pushing a boost button, but by building momentum. It is the reward for skill in the face of difficult challenges – this kind of speed is the most exhilarating, not only because it is fast, but because of the pure perfection such speed exemplifies. This is the truth of the original Sonic games – and this is the truth of Project Needlemouse.

🤣🤣🤣