Awoo.

Apex Legends (PS4, Xbox One, PC) Coming to Switch Fall 2020 W/Crossplay

KHCast

apex_legends.jpg?w=1600&h=900&crop=1The popular team based battle Royale “Apex Legends” Will finally be launching on Switch later this year, with a update allowing for crossplay between all versions.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/6/18/21293518/apex-legends-nintendo-switch-cross-play-lost-treaures-ea-play

As someone that plays this on PS4 (well hasn’t played lately but might get back into it now) this is awesome to hear, especially being able to transfer my data to Switch and play it on the go.

As I said before, Apex Legends is a team based first person shooter battle royale. The main mode has you team up with 2 other players and compete against other teams around a large map attempting to be the soul survivor. There’s a lot of personality to this game, In regards to its characters and lore, and people unfamiliar with it will undoubtedly compare it to Overwatch in that regard, but I’d say the comparisons would be in a good way that compliment it can criticize.
giphy.gif

It’s F2P so there is monetization, so keep that in mind if you check it out, but if you ask me, it’s one of the rare exceptions of a game that is able to be REALLY fun and replayable in spite of that. I’d still recommend, especially if you have friends that you’d wanna play it with. There’s a decent amount of characters with their own unique playstyles that you’ll likely find someone perfect for you!
Season5_Skulltown_after.jpg

battle-pass-Apex-Legends-s5.png

apex-legends-melee-attack
source.gif

God yes I've been waiting for this since launch, all my friends are on PC and I'm a Xbox One player. This game is so addicting and so much fun if you like FPS games.

If anyone wants to play when the crossplay feature is out, I'm down.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Ryannumber1gamer Are SSMB game nights still a thing? Any chance you’d be able to add this to that roster when it launches on Switch? It being crossplay when that version launches, I’m sure this could be a great game for us to all play 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:05 AM, KHCast said:

@Ryannumber1gamer Are SSMB game nights still a thing? Any chance you’d be able to add this to that roster when it launches on Switch? It being crossplay when that version launches, I’m sure this could be a great game for us to all play 

Game Nights are still a occasional thing yeah, although it'll depend on how much activity we can get going for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting back into this game lately. Saw that I had some of the premium currency still, so used it on the battle pass cause I really want that legendary Mirage outfit. (I got 45 more days so I should no stress lol) Holy shit did they update the game tho. Mirage is my main, but I guess all the characters super moves got massively retooled, and that’s gonna take some time to adjust too. Mirage no longer goes invisible, he just makes a bunch of decoys of himself around him that you control, and also his passive move where he sends a decoy you can now control. It’s so weird, but I’m also kinda into it?  

23 hours ago, KHCast said:

Mirage is my main, but I guess all the characters super moves got massively retooled, and that’s gonna take some time to adjust too. Mirage no longer goes invisible, he just makes a bunch of decoys of himself around him that you control, and also his passive move where he sends a decoy you can now control. It’s so weird, but I’m also kinda into it?  

Not really all characters but Mirage got a big rework back when Loba released, completely changing his ultimate to be more "useful" since you could find him easily when he was invisible in his previous ultimate.

I'm Level 80 on the Battle Pass and oh god I'm extremely tired of grind but that's more on me, the game is extremely lenient with how much """"free"""" level ups you can get. You level up extremely fast. 

I might have some issues with the microtransactions ($20 for a skin, really, sure they're pretty and the game is free but come on, it's a FPS skin.) but overall the game has a really good monetary system for a F2P game.  

Eh, as much as I dislike Fortnite, I’d say it is probably less egregious with its monetization systems. Least the last time I had checked out that game. (They didn’t have 20 dollar skins at the very least, yes I’m salty still about missing the iron man mirage costume)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...