Awoo.

[EVENT] The Sonic Musical Spectacular 5 - Celebrating Sonic's 29th, Motobug's 5th, and SSMB's 20th anniversaries! Event ended! Check finale post for details on next year, and awards!

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You can only pick one song per franchise, so you need to decide which one.

Oh…well, in that case, the song on the top.

Strickerx5
This post was recognized by Strickerx5!

Cuz was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2022] Disco Egg Cleared! - Used all of your requests in Sonic Musical Spectacular 2022 event, or used any request in the Sonic Musical Spectacular 2020 event! Radical!' and 10 points.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Marble Garden Zone Act 1

Sonic X: Shining Road

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Sweet Dreams (Can this one count or does it fall under remixes?)

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Sweet Dreams (Can this one count or does it fall under remixes?)

If it's the ending theme of Sonic 2, it counts, if it's the lyric version, it'd fall under remix.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, I'm fine with the ending theme.

For my last trick

Sonic the Fighters: Sonic vs Knuckles ~ North Wind

Strickerx5
This post was recognized by Strickerx5!

Dejimon11 was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2022] Disco Egg Cleared! - Used all of your requests in Sonic Musical Spectacular 2022 event, or used any request in the Sonic Musical Spectacular 2020 event! Radical!' and 10 points.

Weeeell, I wasn't planning on cutting this close but stuff came in way sooo...

Let's see what I can pull off within less than half an hour...

I'll add my edit in here as well because ShtH wasn't filled yet and I'm a neurotic person.

2. Waking Up (Shadow the Hedgehog)

3. Blizzard of Coast (Sonic Shuffle)

4. Seven Rings in Hand (Sonic and the Secret Rings)

Remix 1. Blue Sky Zone (Sonic Jump) (It says it's practically a remix soo)

Remix 2. Skies of Arcadia Remix - Fantasy Haven [Battle 1, Bombardement](Skies os Arcadia)(SEGA General)

• Thumbs Up 1

Cutting it close since I don't know remixes that much.

Remix: King of the Ring (Slot it under Sonic Jam)

You know  what:

it would've been fun to be able to pick one of those millions of different Receive Yous as a Remix song but I digress, rules are rules. I'm happy Reign made it to the list anyway.

I'm just way too sleepy anyway.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You already used one of your requests for Where Evil Grows, so you can't add BOOM, you'll need to pick another song.

Alright then. I'll change that to With Me - Sonic and the Black Knight

• Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, iambitter21 said:

wake get up get out there wass a nice track, too bad I couldn't add It in.

You can if you want, you still have two song requests, and a remix request.

2 minutes ago, iambitter21 said:

ok scrap ristar and NIGHTS

Nonaggression takes Ristar's place

and Sonic advance 1's opening will take NIGHTS PLACE

the advance game are getting underappreciated, at least 1 and 3.

Added.

There's still a bit of time before the submissions end - refer to @Strickerx5's previous post: 

2 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

As Ryan has already mentioned, submissions are closing tonight (thread will be locking whenever I finally call it for the evening) so get those last votes in now.

I'll allow a bit of leeway for getting last minute submissions in until Strick is ready to lock the topic, after that, submissions will be closed for good. 

The night is drawing to an end on the east coast and thus, so does the submission period for this year's event. Thank you everyone for participating!

Be on the look out later for a post from Ryan regarding exact stream times. Once the stream is wrapped, I plan on handing out badges soon after.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go continue to not re-evaluate my weekend sleep schedule.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Hello everyone! As Strick mentioned, the topic has been reopened now that the details of the stream have been finalised. These are subject to change, as @Polkadi~☆ is currently in the middle of organising everything, and therefore things might require some readjustments if the runtime calls for it.

A bit of a last minute change - we've broken the stream into four parts, with two parts per night. This is due to the brand new format we're testing for the stream this year where we're holding a proper live-stream of the playlist this year, complete with a custom overlay with the game title, and the avatar/name of the person who requested the song (in essence, a bit of a fusion between the typical stream and the usual finale celebration videos from past years).

So the reason this change had to happen is due to easing the render time for the brand new format. It'll mean that the parts won't be quite as long as previous years, but we're still hoping everyone will come check it out, Motobug staff, and especially @Polkadi~☆has put a shit-ton of planning, time, coordination, and work into making this year's stream special.

So with that said, I'd like to announce the finalised dates and times for the stream! As usual, we will be streaming on Motobug!

Motobug Link: https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

Part 1 and Part 2 (Classic/Dreamcast): Saturday July 25th - 9pm BST/4pm EST/1pm PDT

Part 3 and Part 4 (Modern): Sunday July 26th - 8pm BST/3pm EST/12pm PDT

The timing is pretty different compared to previous events, we're starting a little bit later, hopefully hitting a sweet spot for both US and EU members of the board.

With that, if there's any additional questions, be sure to let me know!

• Promotion 1

well, since the topic's open again, might as well put this here, too:

PicsArt_07-21-10_51_22.thumb.jpg.35a8b66f2f4ba7d0f47615951b63c250.jpg

this is my annual wallpaper for this event! the idea here was to have characters from every series that got a music request in a dance party setting. really like how this one turned out.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

14 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Average run-time of each of the days would be around four hours, right?

It hasn't been announced by Ryan yet, but the event has scaled back to two days, however split into four parts. Day 1 will be around 4 hours in total, and day 2 will be around 6 hours.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

It hasn't been announced by Ryan yet, but the event has scaled back to two days, however split into four parts. Day 1 will be around 4 hours in total, and day 2 will be around 6 hours.

Yup, I'm here to confirm that we're going through with the original plan of two days.

With that said, the times/dates are:

Part 1 and Part 2 (Classic/Dreamcast): Saturday July 25th - 9pm BST/4pm EST/1pm PDT

Part 3 and Part 4 (Modern): Sunday July 26th - 8pm BST/3pm EST/12pm PDT