Awoo.

[EVENT] The Sonic Musical Spectacular 5 - Celebrating Sonic's 29th, Motobug's 5th, and SSMB's 20th anniversaries! Event ended! Check finale post for details on next year, and awards!

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, iambitter21 said:

so what's going on Friday?

There's no stream on Friday, the streams are Saturday and Sunday.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

With that said, the times/dates are:

Part 1 and Part 2 (Classic/Dreamcast): Saturday July 25th - 9pm BST/4pm EST/1pm PDT

Part 3 and Part 4 (Modern): Sunday July 26th - 8pm BST/3pm EST/12pm PDT

Hoo boy it's gonna be a late night again. 😆 If Sunday's around 6 hours it'll be like what, 4 AM in here in the end.

It isn't really anything I haven't accustomed already though. But well, I'm gonna come anyway, gotta have some fun time and see my picks go live. Especially couple of these tracks are something I want to stick around for.

But gee, aren't you going fancy this year, gotta appreciate all the hard work and effort you're putting into this one, I hope it'll work out.

I'm already getting hyped, the very least my gut is, that is. 😄 Thanks for the organisers putting in so much effort, especially @Polkadi~☆ .

• Thumbs Up 3

Thank you for all the hard work ^^

Will you be dropping the YT links for each part here? For those of us who can’t watch the stream ^^

Edit: Found the links ^^

On 7/22/2020 at 3:43 AM, blueblur98 said:

well, since the topic's open again, might as well put this here, too:

PicsArt_07-21-10_51_22.thumb.jpg.35a8b66f2f4ba7d0f47615951b63c250.jpg

this is my annual wallpaper for this event! the idea here was to have characters from every series that got a music request in a dance party setting. really like how this one turned out.

Ah! Love this so much!

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a wrap on the first night of the event! If you couldn't make it for the live event, you can watch both the Classic and Dreamcast eras of it on YouTube! Thanks to our new format, we had all of the music in one video, brilliantly made by @Polkadi~☆!

Join us tomorrow at 8pm BST/3pm EST/12pm PDT for all of the Modern era, plus Smash and SEGA General!

ACT 1 (Classic Era Games (Sonic 1 to Sonic R/Sonic TV Shows): 

Act 2 (Dreamcast Era (SA1 to Sonic Riders):

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

This year was a ton of fun guys. I stayed the whole entire time for both days and I don't regret it. I'm glad we had six songs to pick from too, although, as I said in the stream, for me personally, I'd prefer to be able to pick 5 normal songs and 1 remix. That's me though. I had an extremely tough time finding even one remix and the one I picked wasn't super popular. Couldn't even find a second. 

I probably could have found one for the TV shows but that slot was taken. 

Again, this is just my own thing though. If people like remixes, that's cool.

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

this year's event was very fun to participate in! i liked how the normal stream and celebration videos were fused into one. it was fun chatting with everyone, and vibing to music, and i quite liked the inclusion of the SEGA general category.

although with that category, the songs should be limited to just a few per franchise. this year, the SEGA general section was overtaken by mostly persona songs that i contributed to by requesting a persona song but shhhh so implementing a rule like that would be a good way to keep the SEGA general section varied.

this event was probably my favorite. loved chatting, listening and making the wallpaper for this year's event. musical spectaculars are always something i look forward to each year, and this one did not disappoint. thank you to the motobug staff and everyone who joined in for making this year's event great!

here's to another great musical spectacular!

9384934a3cda57388e30c95b6a901061.gif.6ed52e2e2c6568e20f9bf8c890f4acea.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Alright everyone, that's a wrap on Sonic Musical Spectacular 5! It's not quite time for me to do my annual wrap-up post, but for now, if you couldn't make the stream live, here's the final two parts of the event (Including all of the songs requested, as well as those who requested them)! Both comprise the Modern era! On again, give a big thank you to @Polkadi~☆ for the fantastic work on the videos this year! 

ACT 3 - Sonic 06 to Generations (3 hours):

ACT 4  - Sonic Lost World to Sonic The Hedgehog (2020) + Smash Bros/SEGA General (3 hours, 5 minutes)

Yeah, I had fun time as well. It was fun to chat and hype for stuff.

And I love the fact I got Reign in. I had a blast and everyone else were prolly facedesking like hell. Too Engrish and all.

Also the blue blindness is contagious, don't feel scared to get some treatment to that if it becomes a thing. 😆

But really, liked the fact there was the Sega General, maybe it could be nice to make the restrictions of how many songs per franchise but otherwise it was perfect. Just a bit filled with Persona but other than that pure awesomeness. And yeah, 5+1 could be nice. Maybe it could be like that the 4+1+1 where one could be either or would it be too complicated?

Two days is nice and I like how the songs were put together into acts instead of just having all of the songs individually.

All in all, I had a blast and I think it was pretty darn cool Spectacular.

Right now I'm kinda sleepy so I'll maybe return later if I get anything else on my mind when I get up or something.

Night!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

One freebie slot for either a remix or a normal song could work too. That way those who prefer a second remix can still have that. I personally care more about the official stuff and I was struggling to figure out what to do with my last slot. We had plenty official slots left over and I didn't want to ask if I could cash in my remix for one of them. That would have been rude, I feel.

• Thumbs Up 2

First time getting in on one of these events and it was a blast (evidently trolling everyone with King of the Ring 😛)! Nearly stuck around for the whole thing (took a short break during the beginning of the Sega General section). I also had trouble thinking up remixes to add, though I probably could of found something had I stumbled on this earlier than I did. For better or worse I found myself tuning out of the Smash and Sega General section kind of heavily but that's just me. (Hell I think Persona tunes were still playing when I got back from break lol).

Kudos to everyone who put this thing together, especially Polkadi~☆, get some hibernation in. 

Looking forward to next year.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

One freebie slot for either a remix or a normal song could work too. That way those who prefer a second remix can still have that. I personally care more about the official stuff and I was struggling to figure out what to do with my last slot. We had plenty official slots left over and I didn't want to ask if I could cash in my remix for one of them. That would have been rude, I feel.

I actually had brought this up as a potential alternative, right before you mentioned it. Nothing concrete yet, but this is certainly an option we're exploring at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I had a good time, relaxing and chilling with you guys and some awesome tunes. Have to say,liked the edited format. Lessens the videos in the playlist so its smooth sailing throughout. Few hicups with facts here and there but easily remedied ones. Have to agree with what others have said, a set amount of Sega general ones to keep it neat would be my main take away. I like the Sega general stuff, we just need people to vote more variety into it. I know I'll do one next time.

Also, keep the two night format. Means we aren't around for way too long and can still enjoy ourselves before we get too tired.

• Thumbs Up 2

It was another great one. Might have only been around for half of it, but the music selection was great from what I heard, and getting in on some of the chat was fun. The new format definitely works better as it makes it feel like a proper event rather than a bunch of songs in a list.

Onward to next year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

12 hours ago, Cuz said:

(evidently trolling everyone with King of the Ring 😛)

your stupid song is stuck in my head for all of time thanks to you. I hope you're proud, I hope you've fulfilled something, because you got a bagel and a coffee's worth of fulfillment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was around for the Sonic 06 section before turning in for the night. But in that short time I thought it was real nice! This years video design is really cool and it was fun chatting on the side as well. 

The team did great!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

One freebie slot for either a remix or a normal song could work too. That way those who prefer a second remix can still have that.

Yeah, this was the thing I was after, I was just so darn sleepy words kinda escaped my mind or something. It'd be nice to be able to be flexible with the choices, if it's not too much trouble to the organisers. 😅

I myself tend to pick the remixes on a whim since I don't really know a lot of them, so I just pick the category and try to find a remix for it. Luckily it has worked up until this point the very least, maybe it'll keep on working... that way I do find some nice tracks anyway.

But yeah, had a blast. Was epic. Had way too many laughs. Caused even more shenanigans. Almost blew up Motobug with the Earth in tow according to Ryan. Drowned a bridge. Or broke it. Don't remember. You know, the usual Spectacular Motobug weekend. I had the usual. With 120% more ' -things. With 500% more hype.

Yeah, it was a total blast. Still feeling the afterglow.

Also should I start to refer Polkadi as "the Dragon of  Motobug"? 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Also should I start to refer Polkadi as "the Dragon of  Motobug"? 🤔

If I hear one "Polkadi-chan" come out of you, you're getting put in the ground >:U

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

• The topic was locked