Awoo.

MaGMML: Episode Zero - A Collaborative Mega Man Fangame (Out Now!)

Spin Attaxx

So I was only recently convinced by a friend to make a topic for this, hence why it's so close to release. But as a member of this project's devteam, I'm excited to show it off to you guys:

MaGMML: Episode Zero is a massive collaboration Mega Man fangame, made by the team behind the Make a Good Mega Man Level series. Taking the classic 8-bit formula and applying aspects of the X, Zero, and ZX series to it, Episode Zero is a fangame unlike any other.

Set in between the first two MaGMML games, you play as Zero, Dr. Wily's ultimate creation...? He may look different from how we know him, but he's no less capable, armed with his trusty Z-Buster and Z-Saber, as well as the spreadshot Z-Burst and a myriad of elemental chips to augment his abilities. On his bizarre soul-searching journey, he'll run through over 60 different levels from over 40 creators, face off against over 80 unique bosses, and come into conflict with the mysterious Simulation Recon and Regulation Administration, or "SRARA". And if you're put off by Zero's... "avant garde" new look, you have the option of using his classic ponytailed appearance, or even a hood that makes you look mysterious!

The game will be released on June 26, 2020 - three days from now! If any of you are interested and want to follow/discuss it, consider joining the official MaGMML Discord!

Again, as a main developer for this project, I'm excited and proud of what we have in store for this one, and I hope you'll give it a shot if you're interested!

• Thumbs Up 3

This is a different release from MaGMML Remastered and MaGMML 3?

I've been watching Nathaniel Hoover's streams of the former since he started posting them; but I haven't heard much news of the latter since he posted his judge videos on levels excluded from the game for breaking the rules.

Yeah, this is a separate project from MaGMML3 and MaGMML1R. I think we intended it to be part of the latter at first, but split it off after that game had a longer than expected development period.

Progress on MaGMML3 has been pretty slow for a few reasons, such as the sheer volume of levels to be judged (there were like 185 submissions), and medical problems on the part of one of the judges, but levels are still slowly but surely being judged. In fact, at least one judge has finalised their scores by now.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Yeah, this is a separate project from MaGMML3 and MaGMML1R. I think we intended it to be part of the latter at first, but split it off after that game had a longer than expected development period.

Ah. All the hand tuning to recontextualize what should have originally been the true and correct winner of MaGMML 1, City War.

• Thumbs Up 1