Awoo.

Sonic and Tails R

antyep

20 hours ago, iambitter21 said:

it was him who voiced that cop? whoa, even the some of the officials are getting into this.

Some officials?  It has a lot of official VAs Did you forget that two of three major characters are voiced by their VAs?  Ok.,Ryan is former but Eggman is voiced by none other than Mike Pollock.And he’s in this  from the very beginning. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:09 AM, antyep said:

So I heard that Pollock doesn’t like doing Eggman voices unless Sega gives him the okay. If that’s true then how did Emi got Pollock aboard?

Emi worked  with him at Big’s Big Fishing Adventure. I’m pretty sure they sre friends ( as well as with  Ryan). So I’m pretty sure that Doc made an exception.  Besides can tou imagine someone else foing his part?

On 6/30/2020 at 3:09 AM, antyep said:

Listenedto episodes 2 and 3...yeah I don't think I'm the audience for this. I'm not thrilled with Eggman's frankly kinda bland portrayal I think Emi overestimated how exciting listening to Sonic running or the sound effects of the Chaos Emerald reforming actually are.

I'm also not happy about Amy being portrayed as a stalker who snaps at Tails to keep out of her talking  to Sonic.

I'm happy for Adventure era fans to have something like this but I don't think it's my thing.

Boy that intro music took me back to when I played SA2: Battle, specifically City Escape and Metal Harbor. 

Love it! Nostalgia! 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, iambitter21 said:

is that silver?! I bet it's silver, I can't wait to see what he does in Sonic & Tails R.

Yes it is Silver and he’s going to be voiced by his original VA Pete Capella. 
this show is just getting more and more awesome and canon. With this cast I  just can’t  consider it fanon. All that remains is Jason return as Shadow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, after a few episodes, I don't think the story has been grabbing me. It's neat hearing everyone again, though. Don't get me wrong. I just wish there was more going on with the story.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Ryusuke said:

Yeah, after a few episodes, I don't think the story has been grabbing me. It's neat hearing everyone again, though. Don't get me wrong. I just wish there was more going on with the story.

I hear ya. I'm certainly glad for fans of Adventure era storytelling but I decided after the last episode this really isn't for me. It's clear Emi has talent but it's just not a story I'm all that interested in.

It doesn't help that I both don't think Audio Drama's are the right media for Sonic storytelling and I don't think Emi gets how to write for Audio (see the lengthy search for the Emerald shards and reconstruction of the Emerald with no dialogue in episode 2).

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 5 is out, and it's a race to piece together the next Emerald between our titular duo and Eggman; winner gets 'em all. And with those stakes, you better believe Eggman will pull out every dirty trick in the book to get what he wants.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Episode 5 is out, and it's a race to piece together the next Emerald between our titular duo and Eggman; winner gets 'em all. And with those stakes, you better believe Eggman will pull out every dirty trick in the book to get what he wants.

Aside from the obvious spoiler I can say that I adore this Eggman.. Deem Bristow would be proud

10 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Y'all had no idea how ecstatic I was when I heard Jason Griffith voicing Shadow again. MAN.

Spoiler

Also that Tikal animation!! Looking forward to the next one!

• 4 months later...

Been awhile, but Sonic and Tails R is back with Episode 6! And this time, our dynamic duo is joined by a certain Ultimate Life Form as their quest continues...

• 1 month later...

Episode 7 has arrived! Sonic and Tails make their move to nab the rest of the Emeralds from Eggman. But things don't quite go as expected...

• Thumbs Up 2

DAMN what a crazy episode! 

Spoilers, discussing the ending:

Spoiler

I mean, what is even supposed to happen after that finale?! They were literally vaporized out of existence. Maybe they'll get out of there with Chaos Control? Or they'll somehow go super? The corrupted chaos emeralds - maybe Sonic will go Dark Super Sonic? Werehog? Jeez, so many avenues to take this. And I can't even begin to predict where it will go.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 8 is here! How will the story continue after last episode's shocking cliffhanger?! Hint: it involves a certain echidna spirit...

• Thumbs Up 2

That recent episode was interesting. Kinda didn't understand what happened fully, but I'm mostly excited for the next episode.

This is clearly SA3. Sonic finally retained his original Shounen protagonist personality. Tails is more just Sonic’s sidekick and Eggman is a real villain . C’mon we didn’t have Tails fight for nearly 20 years and here he’ve already  fought 2 freaking times( one time together with Sonic and one time alone). Sonic who doesn’t spread some stupid jokes but he’s very cool and heroic is chieff kiss. He’s a true older brother to Tails . He cares about him and encourages him to be brave. And it helps . Thanks to Sonic Tails became a hero from SA1 once again. He fought Eggman alone and won.  And Eggman. He wasn’t this threatening at least from unleashed or 06. He actually tried to kill Sonic and his plans are not stupid

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest I stopped listening at episode 4 because it wasn't really grabbing me but I'm always down for Tony Harnell music. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping the project he was teasing was game related though. 

Episode 9 is here! Our heroes face their biggest test so far as this story reaches its climax...

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what we've been waiting for. Incredible episode, honestly. Mike Pollock especially is doing fantastic.

Also... um... TONY HARNELL? Can we talk about that? The new song sounds awesome, I hope the full release comes soon.

They’ll be releasing the song tomorrow I think.

Spoiler

Also it was super nice to see Tails be super alongside sonic, and sonic teaching him how to use the form was a nice moment too!

• Thumbs Up 1