Awoo.

Knuckles'... necklace... thing

Indigo Rush

It's unknown what Amy has oficially.

Only vaguely on-topic but thought I'd spread the knowledge - as long as you accept the Sonic X designs as canon as the main designs (and really, the only difference is how they draw spikes from certain angles), it can be seen in the beach episodes thanks to her two-piece swimsuit that Amy has no oddities on her torso. She's just pink. It actually annoys me to no end in fanart when people give her a peach stomach like Sonic for this very reason... it looks weird, lol.

Only vaguely on-topic but thought I'd spread the knowledge - as long as you accept the Sonic X designs as canon as the main designs (and really, the only difference is how they draw spikes from certain angles), it can be seen in the beach episodes thanks to her two-piece swimsuit that Amy has no oddities on her torso. She's just pink. It actually annoys me to no end in fanart when people give her a peach stomach like Sonic for this very reason... it looks weird, lol.

I remember that, but I wasn't using Sonic X as cannon. Isn't it here that Knuckles shows his hands with two barbs or something? I'm not sure.

Only vaguely on-topic but thought I'd spread the knowledge - as long as you accept the Sonic X designs as canon as the main designs (and really, the only difference is how they draw spikes from certain angles),

It's almost as if people are so anal about series canon and continuity, that they can notice that the spikes on Knuckles hands are of a slightly different design. :P

Edited by Major Ziggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

While X does use the same character designs as the games, it's not the most reliable source. Mistakes are more prominent and some things will have been drawn by the animators without thinking. Knuckles appears with regular hands in a few brief scenes, and Sonic is seen with blue arms. And Amy's legs change from rubber hose style to something more realistic (as ih human, not hedgehog) when she's in a bathing suit. Could somebody find a picture of that for me? I dunno where to look.

Here you go:

035amy.jpg

045amy.jpg

107group.jpg

The last shot is from a different episode too so they were fairly consistant with it. I don't remember these eps having any glaring errors in them either. Unfortunately the only swimsuit image of Amy outside of the anime is this:

ad5p.png

Which alas does not show her stomach.

And now, in case looking at all those pictures of a 12-year old pink hedgehog in a swimsuit has made you feel a little weird, here's a much sexier picture of a human in a swimsuit to rectify the situation.

086eggman.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks, but I was actually talking about a piece of artwork. I think it's an 'official' piece of X art.

Edited by Blue Blood

In this image:

tikal.jpg

you'll notice that the bandages on her feat have more texture and folds in them, while the markings in her hair are flat.

I can't see the image but...

Really? I always thought they were bandages too just carefully wrapped around her hair.

I also always thought that Knuckles just had a white marking on his chest.

Edited by Mollfie

ad5p.png

What's with her legs in this one?

I would also like to mention that for some reason I find blue arm Sonic to be hilarious.

Edit:

Tikal%201.png

This is clearly an Ukweha (I dont feel like looking up the spelling right now) piece, But he is not listed as the character designer for SA 1, so it's possible that this piece doesn't accurately represent Tikal.

Edited by Phos

She's bending her knees and letting her legs up. It's an akward angle, but the pose is correct. Like so:

11424-Woman-Lying-On-A-Beach-Towel-On-A-

edit: forget about what I said about Tikal, I thought we were speaking about her arm being coloured wrong.

Edited by redmenace

She's bending her knees and letting her legs up. It's an akward angle, but the pose is correct. Like so:

11424-Woman-Lying-On-A-Beach-Towel-On-A-

No, her knees are at different places on her legs and one seems to be bending in a funny way.

ad5p.png

Which alas does not show her stomach.

This just raises further questions. There seems to be a spot of peach where her tummy is, next to her thumb.

If I remember rightly... the thing with STC and Knuckles is that they couldn't tell from the sprites and artwork at the time if it was a marking or a necklace thingie, so they went with the necklace thingie. When they found out that it was a marking, I think they couldn't change it or they just didn't want to change it or something and they kept Knuckles with the necklace thingie.

This just raises further questions. There seems to be a spot of peach where her tummy is, next to her thumb.

I think that's just the adventure style shading.

I think that's just the adventure style shading.

By using the SEKRIT ARTISTIC UTILITY of Paint's mighty magnifying glass, I can confirm that the spot to the right of Amy's thumb is the same kind of lighter pink as the shading on her feet. It ain't peach-belly.

And now, in case looking at all those pictures of a 12-year old pink hedgehog in a swimsuit has made you feel a little weird, here's a much sexier picture of a human in a swimsuit to rectify the situation.

086eggman.jpg

THANK YOU! I was at the point of hurling until I saw this beauty. Seriously, hedgehogs in bikinis? :P

But anyways, the topic of Knuckles and his white crescent marking. A couple of years back, I read an article on the origins of Knuckles the Echidna in Japan, and how he came to be. Whether the information was actually true, I cannot say. I remember reading that Knuckles was originally going to be a female, green in color and he was chosen in a child-demographic contest in a Japanese magazine. After or before the contest, they tweaked the color and gender and released him to the public- but not before a deal with Nike went under with SEGA's marketing department. I heard that his white crescent was actually going to be the famous Nike checkmark but after the failed deal, they re-designed it so much not to bear a resemblance to the insignia. However, I should say to take this information with a grain of salt, until actual proof surfaces.

Knuckles_04.jpg

See it? He has that exact same marking on his upper back. Is that just a weird perspective or is there something more to it? Since Knuckles' dreadlocks are always covering most of his back, we hardly ever see it.

So, it's time to speculate! What do you guys think it is?

This Knuckles model is totally screwed up!!

The crest is clearly on his back.

Look at the position of his legs and the lifted arm and the position of the hand. I'd find it hard to try and do a triple hit with your arm behind your back. (For those who saw the CG trailer)

As stated above, these guys:

200px-SA1_Echidnas.PNG

have them, so I bet it's either paint or a genetic trait. But judging on the fact that both

Shade_unmasked.jpgTikal%201.png

have white markings (Nester also has some, and IX appears to have designs on his... clothing [what the heck is it supposed to be?]), I'll say it's paint. That, or all echidnas have albino mutations! ^_^

For shade I can be sure she's born with those stripes on her dreadlocks but Tikal not so sure.

Shade don't have black lines on each side of the white stripes compare to Tikal. Unless its because of the art thats making me say that....

IMO, the crest symbol on knuckles torso is something he was born with.

I mean, all of the knuckles' tribe have different kinds of symbol so those symbols must have a specific meaning into them:

Chief - Pachamac

Emerald Guardian - Knuckles

Elite Soldiers - Middle

Veterans - Right Side

Rookies - Left Side

I think, but really know I think!! Their all born with those symbol and they add a lil more as they raise in their rankings in the clan.

But thats just a hypothesis....

• Thumbs Up 2

Tikal%201.png

This is clearly an Ukweha (I dont feel like looking up the spelling right now) piece, But he is not listed as the character designer for SA 1, so it's possible that this piece doesn't accurately represent Tikal.

Permit me to correct the thing about this artwork.

Uekawa did the original sketch

sacontikalconcept.jpg

But the coloring was made by Kojichan from Sonic Cult. (she also did the Vanilla artwork from a sketch)

So that colored Tikal artwork is 50% official ;)

It's turned far to far. Poor texturing.

No. Open your eyes. The mark is not turned too far.

knuz.jpg

And you will notice the mark isn't on his back.

The top right shot there, look at the shape of his chest in relation to where the mark is. It's too far round the way I see it.It's as if in addition to his torso turning (as it should) the texturing also turns.

But of course the texture turns too. His movement is exagerated, he pulls his right arm far behind (to get a stronger punch) and so, the body follows the move.

*Sigh* You do notice that on SA2 the purple bear you collect has a mark like Knuckles. It has to be a birthmark. And I like it because it makes him look cooler.

(On a side note, shouldn't Sonic characters have toes? IMO if they have fingers they can have toes. I think they're just lazy and don't bother drawing them.)

But of course the texture turns too. His movement is exagerated, he pulls his right arm far behind (to get a stronger punch) and so, the body follows the move.

Turns seperately to the rest of him is what I meant. Almost as if it's ball texture. (I don't know the proper term, but like Metal Sonic's textures in SADX)

• 3 years later...

I think the crest on Knuckles' chest is either  a birthmark, or some kind of tribal tattoo. (Certain tribes would tattoo themselves for one reason or another).

I tend to think it is a birthmark though... because I thought I heard Sega say it before..... but I am unsure where :) it could have been someone else :)

I should say I read that Sega said it before :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the crest on Knuckles' chest is either a birthmark, or some kind of tribal tattoo. (Certain tribes would tattoo themselves for one reason or another).

I tend to think it is a birthmark though... because I thought I heard Sega say it before..... but I am unsure where :) it could have been someone else :)

I should say I read that Sega said it before :)

Wait hold on, you're Knucklesgirl! You're suppose to know every thing about Knuckles! :) From his weight, how he keeps the Master Emerald shiny, how many punches does it take him to get to the center of a tootsie pop, and his power level. It's like me not knowing who Tails is... ... the orange one right? I would guess that Sega messed up and spilled white out on him than! :) Edited by TailsTellsTales
  • Thumbs Up 2