Awoo.

New game Ideas?

Eternal EX

Bring back his Soaps,

And modify the Hedgehog engine so that the graphics are photo realistic instead of cartoonish.

SOAPS must return to sonic. It would make since, the grinding without them looks retarded.

Ooooo If I could make a Sonic game, I'd make one about Knuckles, and explain his time on Angel Island before meeting Sonic. <D

SOAPS must return to sonic. It would make since, the grinding without them looks retarded.
It's been bothering me ever since all the characters have been able to grind with regular shoes as if it's nothing, since sonic heroes. But I heard Soap went out of buisness or something, so that questions whether they can put it in the games.

But it's funny because I saw the soaps in an episode in Sonic X. Yuji Uekawa was the one who designed Sonic's Soaps. So if anybody will bring them back, it should be him.

However, when ever fans draw Sonic fanart, they never draw sonic with soaps. It's always his regular boring shoes. I'm guessing Uekawa thinks nobody cares about them anymore after he see's all this fanart.

That's just my guess. I have no idea what goes on in the artists minds.

His regular boring shoes? Man it's not a good day for "classicfans" at all.

Personally not even I would like it if they permanently replaced his classic shoes. Better idea? There needs to be a lot less grinding.

Ooooo If I could make a Sonic game, I'd make one about Knuckles, and explain his time on Angel Island before meeting Sonic. <D
In all fairness, Chronicles did do a decent job of expanding on Knux's backstory, and I'm sure that's more than enough for most of us. Call me a sourpuss but really don't like it when spinoffs are proposed merely for the sake of expanding on character backstories they were too lazy to cover in the main games.

Well first of all, I'm just going to be a whore and post this concept doc again. Though it's admittedly not so much a concept doc as it is a ridiculously long list of ideas and such but there's enough material there to pose as one. It hasn't been updated since last Christmas, so I won't blame anyone if some things sound a little silly today.

In a nutshell... *takes a deep breath*

Nerf the homing attack down simply to a technique used to get close to an enemy and instead substitute the actual "attack" part with a move the player selects from the expanded melee moveset, add an expanded roster with movesets that share common control schemes but utilize different effects depending on the common theme of the button pressed (eg: between all characters, Left Trigger will be a movement assistance like Sonic's mach dash or Tails' propeller boost/flight etc), utilize a camera system based off FPS controls, change loss of rings to an amount actually based off the strength of an enemy attack for once, ditch the fucking S rank, throw in a few multiplayer modes with the versatility of an arena-based game (example - Unreal Tournament series) complete with the same letter rankings as the singleplayer modes, add in dynamic music that changes fluently depending on various situations in the game, and finally, add in a Forge-esque level editor with an in-built RTS-esque multiplayer game that utilizes strategic object placement to make it as menacing for the other player to pass through as possible.

*panting* ...there. That's about ALL I can ask from a Sonic game. Fat chance of Sega doing any of that, let alone all, but good god it would be awesome to see improvements of that magnitude.

Also, to be perfectly honest I think a Wii New Play remake for Shadow the Hedgehog isn't all that bad of an idea either. Hell, just throw in Tomb Raider Anniversary aiming controls and already the game has an improvement of gargantuan proportions.

I'm mainly talking about photo realistic lighting on the environments and detail. The world should still have a fictional, cartoonish style to it.

I actually think Unleashed did a great job of that. I'm sure even the people who hated Unleashed can surely agree that the artwork and rich environments were among it's best qualities, if not THE best quality.

Fans don't know what they want. Most of them just assume they don't want something or they think something won't work, when they don't even have experience in the technical fields. I think it would be a great experiment for the developers to try.

Knowing how the field works doesn't have anything to do with enjoying the game. Besides, I think fans know what they want. Now the fanBASE. THAT's a different story.

-----

I can't deny that classic fans outweigh all other kinds (at least as far as I've seen) but I still think that there is a way to appeal to them all. But given that some people enjoy the games for a wide variety of reasons and others detest them for the very same ones, there is really only one basic solutions that comes to my mind: make stuff optional.

There are plenty of things in the games that the stereotypical classic fan doesn't like the presence of, i.e. cutscenes, additional characters, in-game talking, hubs, etc. If they want to add those sorts of things, fine, but one of the fundamental factors in a Sonic game is freedom, so why force players to do things they don't want? It shouldn't be too hard to allow players to choose who they want to play as, given Sonic Team is willing to program in alternate powers, voices, models and animations; they did that in Sonic 2 and 3&K, and they brought that back in Black Knight, nor should it be too hard to make cutscenes skipable and the like.

As for the gimmicks, I could go in depth about those, but I'll lay it out straight and simple: gimmicks =/= bad. I'm not talking about level gimmicks like the genesis games had, those were fine. I'm talking about the guns, the Werehog, etc. The problem is not that Sonic Team is adding gimmicks, it's that they only add gimmicks that add to the experience by taking away from the core Sonic experience.

So if I were to make a game, it would be a straight forward yet epic story like Unleashed had, but at the same time the game can be played without a story, only to seem like a classic adventure. No new characters, but it would develop heavily on the old ones, mainly Sonic, Tails and Eggman. Alternate characters such as Tails, Knuckles and Shadow could be playable, but only on stage select mode. Eggman is the main villain AND final boss, but for an UNexpected twist, you don't fight it as Super Sonic. Rather, Super Sonic can be unlocked for the main game.

As for gameplay, to put it in an equation, Unleashed + Pinball Physics = This. Actually, there can be hubs, but you only can go there if you so choose. Those have missions, perhaps unlockable moves, etc. To avoid making it too self-playing but still speedy, the 3D sections are more like the running ones from Unleashed while the 2D ones borrow the same gameplay style as the genesis games.

How do you use pinball physics in 3D? When the game changes to 2D, I would understand, but from a forward view?

How do you use pinball physics in 3D? When the game changes to 2D, I would understand, but from a forward view?

I guess I didn't specify; I only meant that they would exist in the 2D form. In 3D, it would simply be Sonic Unleashed-type running.

Eggman strategy game.

Come on, you know it'd work.

Eggman WHAT game?

If that game allowed many possibles ways to PWN Sonic for fun, and you could use some creativity, I am in for it! :D

Eggman WHAT game?

If that game allowed many possibles ways to PWN Sonic for fun, and you could use some creativity, I am in for it! :D

That would be so awesome. It should be like you can build your own soldiers and weapons, and then use them to battle Sonic or GUN soldiers. It's like Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts meets RTS.

I just thought of this today-a sequel to Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic is battling the Doctor again, and the Egg splits the world again, releasing Dark Gaia. There are a few differences this time, however:

1.The release is just a diversionary tactic

2.Ol 'Nik is keeping Dark's power down, and keeping Chip (AKA Light Gaia) sealed

3.The Master Emerald is the power source, this time, and the would-be dictator is draining it remotely

(Note that the mad inventor increases Dark's power just enough to be formidable, but keeps the latter far from Perfect; as an aside, notice how many villains' strongest form is called "Perfect Form"? With DBZ's Cell, it at least made sense, as he considered himself truly perfect, but I digress.)

Also, it turns out Dark got just what he needed from Sonic, and then forced a reversal of the Werehog transformation, as Sonic is cursed again.

Anyway, as Sonic and company are fighting, they go back to Pickles's library (I don't know why they called it a "lab"). The good professor explains the Manuscripts mentioned, "Master Emerald and Super ultimately deciding the 'Battle of the Gaias'". (The power drain was only partial, and a one-time event-the Master is just that powerful.)

Of course, the team initially and incorrectly assumes the document to be referring to a super form. A lot of time is wasted trying to figure out this nonexistant connection. Eventually, the group realizes that the legend meant the Super Emeralds, and rush out to create them.

Once the mystical items are created, everyone realizes they don't know how to use the rocks. However, on a hunch, they revisit the Temples.

Once there, they find larger pedestals, behind the smaller ones and on the ground. As each Emerald is placed here, a light of the same color is emitted. Also, after the first, Chip appears. This confuses the group, prompting the Earth spirit to explain only his soul, not his body, was unsealed.

At the end, Sonic goes Hyper, and tries not to KO Dark, as this would only reseal both spirits. Rather, he keeps Dark occupied until the Temples finish charging, at which point they release a laser that kills Dark (instead of the usual KO), permanently unseals Chip completely, and first take control of the body.

They offer to grant a wish. Sonic begins, hesitates, and wishes the Werehog form was completely voluntary.

(Of course, the last 2 paragraphs happen after the insane scientist of Family Robotnik is stopped, and maybe, at the end is placed in Cardboard Prison.)

There are a few comedy moments, such as, immediately before the credits, Chip states he's hungry, and wants ice cream.

...You may like or dislike this, but hey, at least the Super Emeralds and Hyper Sonic are reused. :P

In order to make the Eggman RTS work without killing some of the cast, you'd need to do something to explain how the heroes survive at the end. Has anyone played the game Dungeon Keeper? It's kind of like a reverse-Diablo tower defense kind of game, where you as the evil inside the dungeon has a certain amount of time to reinforce your lair by building traps and creatures before the hero comes to conquer you. You then kill heroes of exceeding power in this way, up to the last levels. This would really be great for an Eggman RTS.

Robotnik could have different bases around the world all with different interactivity and environments, and the heroes would come to stop him one or two at a time. By defeating them on the field with your own bots, you capture them and put them away until only Sonic remains. The story could develop along the lines of Eggman moving strategically to capture certain areas of the world, getting Chaos Emeralds maybe, unlocking more tech by invading G.U.N. or discovering some of Gerald's research, maybe using Metal Sonic as a general for his army.

Then, after Sonic is captured and the Empire secure, someone like Nega takes advantage of Eggman's complacency and launches an interdimensional war, forcing Eggman to ask Sonic and friends to defend his world against his copy, who employs the same tactics as him. Then the final battles are an epic chessboard of Eggman forces, G.U.N. forces, and furries - all commanded by the Doctor, fighting against Nega's much more lethal army. And since the balance of continuity shouldn't be thrown too far off, Eggman and Nega's armies are destroyed in the end, and everyone agrees on a truce for the sake of the world for the time being, or until next time.

Edited by Badnikz

I would like to see another Sonic game where you can only play as Sonic and Tails. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. Just Sonic and Tails. Don't get me wrong, the other characters are cool. It would be simple with those two. Then maybe after that, they could have another game where you can play as other characters. It'll be Sonic 2, but much more detailed and with a much more sophisticated story involved. I dunno what the story will be about, use your imagination for that.

Oh yes, I have another idea. You only play as Eggman and you fight Sonic and friends. It'll simply be called Eggman. In Eggman, it's a typical adventure type game. Only this time, Eggman is the protagonist and Sonic is the final boss. You'll have to get through Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Big the Cat and Chip. These are your enemies and you have to take 'em out by making up your own robotic inventions. There will be a create-a-mode where you create and design unique badniks and such.

I want a game where you can play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Sonic's gameplay would be a mixture of his gameplay in Adventure and in Unleashed, perhaps divided up into sections of the levels. Tails' gameplay would consist of his Adventure gameplay and airplane minigames. Knuckles would get platforming and adventure sections.

Playing as Tails and Knuckles would be completely optional, just like Blaze was in Rush Adventure. Each zone would get two acts and a boss, and the zones would be accessed through a hub world like in Rush Adventure. The final boss would be unlocked by collecting the Chaos Emeralds by doing sidequests, and Super Sonic would be unlockable after getting them all.

Edited by AXB

I'm thinking of a plot where Eggman reveals that his professor in college was in fact Prof. Pickle who was a close friend to Prof. Gerald Robotnik. Pickle fails Eggman because of his extreme views on civilization, so he turns against society and decides to build his own empire.

Somewhere in there would be that scientist from Chronicles.

It's about time we connected these old scholars together.

I'm thinking of a plot where Eggman reveals that his professor in college was in fact Prof. Pickle who was a close friend to Prof. Gerald Robotnik. Pickle fails Eggman because of his extreme views on civilization, so he turns against society and decides to build his own empire.

Somewhere in there would be that scientist from Chronicles.

It's about time we connected these old scholars together.

We have a winner. I would definitely like to see Professor Pickle again. He seems to be a good friend of Tails, so it's possible he'll be in another game.

I only want a Sonic game with Sonic The Hedgehog as the only playable character in the story mode. The game shouldn't be too focused on the actual story because I liked the classic Sonic games because there wasn't really any special storyline in there. Just keep it simple.

Also, why in the heck should there always be gimmicks that attract only the younger people or super enthusiastic Sonic geeks? Please, no more stupid gimmicks like werehogs, human love relationships, swords, huge monsters as bosses, childish voice acting, annoying rock n roll songs with lyrics and characters like Chip, prof Pickle, princess Elise or any other human character. Forget all of those.

Here's the summary of my ideas:

1. Sonic is the only playable character (maybe some unlockables such as Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic but not playable in the story).

2. Music that is closer to the classic games' (Sonic 1, 2, 3 & CD).

3. No stupid gimmicks, keep it simple.

4. No too much focusing on storyline, keep it simple here as well.

5. I prefer the Sonic's "world" more than the real world locations, so only "fictional" stages.

6. Sonic games shouldn't be nextgen console exclusives only, PC is also an option.

7. Dr. Robotnik is the main villain, Metal Sonic would be cool, too.

8. No Super Sonic stages!

9. Unlockable gameplay modes (time attack, racing with other characters, probably a hard mode etc.) after you've finished the game.

10. Last but not the least: I wish all this would become true some day. :)

No matter if it was 2D, 2.5D or 3D, just try to make the gameplay fluid and fun.

Edited by PeTeRpAn

I only want a Sonic game with Sonic The Hedgehog as the only playable character in the story mode. The game shouldn't be too focused on the actual story because I liked the classic Sonic games because there wasn't really any special storyline in there. Just keep it simple.

Also, why in the heck should there always be gimmicks that attract only the younger people or super enthusiastic Sonic geeks? Please, no more stupid gimmicks like werehogs, human love relationships, swords, huge monsters as bosses, childish voice acting, annoying rock n roll songs with lyrics and characters like Chip, prof Pickle, princess Elise or any other human character. Forget all of those.

Here's the summary of my ideas:

1. Sonic is the only playable character (maybe some unlockables such as Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic but not playable in the story).

2. Music that is closer to the classic games' (Sonic 1, 2, 3 & CD).

3. No stupid gimmicks, keep it simple.

4. No too much focusing on storyline, keep it simple here as well.

5. I prefer the Sonic's "world" more than the real world locations, so only "fictional" stages.

6. Sonic games shouldn't be nextgen console exclusives only, PC is also an option.

8. No Super Sonic stages!

9. Unlockable gameplay modes (time attack, racing with other characters, probably a hard mode etc.) after you've finished the game.

10. Last but not the least: I wish all this would become true some day. :)

No matter if it was 2D, 2.5D or 3D, just try to make the gameplay fluid and fun.

If all you want is Sonic 4, just say so. <_<

You must not have read the Japanese manuals for the old games. The stories were very detailed and even had their share of plot holes.

Um... I don't get... how are the bolded things gimmicks?

Anyway, I don't see how the voice acting is "childish" or what's so bad about characters like Chip and Pickle. Besides, humans have always existed in Sonic's world.

Edited by AXB

Please, no more stupid gimmicks like werehogs, human love relationships, swords, huge monsters as bosses, childish voice acting, annoying rock n roll songs with lyrics and characters like Chip, prof Pickle, princess Elise or any other human character. Forget all of those.

Slight problem there pal.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, why in the heck should there always be gimmicks that attract only the younger people or super enthusiastic Sonic geeks?

Did you ever stop and think that you're intrests aren't the only ones, and that those guys are as much of a fan of the series as you to keep it fresh?

I'll admit, it's a bumpy for Sonic to jump from one gimmick to another in each game, but there's a reason to it, even though we didn't ask for it. I mean no one asked for Mario to have melee attacks in Mario 64, or a water pack in Sunshine, or for Mario to be put in space in Galaxy, now did they? Yes they don't hinder anything for Mario's games to some folks, but the whole point: no one asked for it.

Please, no more stupid gimmicks like werehogs, human love relationships, swords, huge monsters as bosses, childish voice acting, annoying rock n roll songs with lyrics and characters like Chip, prof Pickle, princess Elise or any other human character.

You want to get rid of Eggman too?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh come now people, you know how Eggman/Robotnik is very often not regarded as a human character. While he totally is one, he's not the same as the others. Not even Gerald.

Did you ever stop and think that you're intrests aren't the only ones, and that those guys are as much of a fan of the series as you to keep it fresh?

I'll admit, it's a bumpy for Sonic to jump from one gimmick to another in each game, but there's a reason to it, even though we didn't ask for it. I mean no one asked for Mario to have melee attacks in Mario 64, or a water pack in Sunshine, or for Mario to be put in space in Galaxy, now did they? Yes they don't hinder anything for Mario's games to some folks, but the whole point: no one asked for it.

Here's the thing about the gimmicks in the Sonic games- Gimmicks aren't necessarily a bad thing. In Mario games, the attacks (which are pretty much optional anyway), the water pack, outer space- it all serves to enhance the basic Mario gameplay, which is just simple platforming. There are two reasons I believe that gimmicks are generally opposed in Sonic games:

1. The particular ones that are used don't enhance the gameplay so much as contradict it. The gunplay, treasure hunting, werehog, and sword (the latter of which I don't see being entirely justified as a complaint, being in a spinoff) all require slowing down, less straightforwardness and just plain deviate too far from the gameplay most have come to expect from the genesis games. In fact, the only gimmicks I've seen work (at least in concept) are the airboards in Riders, the trio gameplay in Heroes and the 2D-3D gameplay alternation in Unleashed.

2. There is no longer a clear cut direction for the Sonic games. The current Sonic team seems to be trying to put in what makes a video game appealing and not what makes a Sonic game appealing and is ending up just losing sight of the original formula of series.

Now, I personally don't have much of an issue with the gimmicks. Since I played SA2 first, I'm used to variety in the games. But I still think enough's enough at this point.

Oh come now people, you know how Eggman/Robotnik is very often not regarded as a human character. While he totally is one, he's not the same as the others. Not even Gerald.
All this says to me is that the people complaining about humans are so deluded they don't even recognize one when they see it.