Awoo.

New game Ideas?

Eternal EX

I wouldn't mind a Silver the Hedgehog game. It IS possible after all. Those of you who have played Sega MegaDrive collection for PS2/PSP will remember there was a certain interview where they said Silver was originally intended to be introduced in his own game before they decided to put him in Sonic 06 instead.

yes, I think a silver game would be great

I got two ideas for a future Sonic game.

The first is called "Sonic Perfect Collection", which would have all the Sonic games from both Mega Collection ++ and Gems Collection, including three new sonic games: Knuckles Chaotix, SegaSonic Arcade, and last but not least, Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. SegaSonic Arcade's controls would be specially improved for the analog stick, Sonic Adventure would be able to obtain HD technology, and Knuckles Chaotix would be just itself. In both Arcade and Adventure, they have their own menues. There are six unlockable games: Knuckles in Sonic 1, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and 3 Genesis games from Treasure: Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, and Alien Soldier. The 360 and PS3 versions would have the Treasure games, while the Wii version would have Earthworm Jim, Zero Wing, and Rocket Knight Adventures. It would have all sorts of content, such as tons of art, videos, and you can actually read all the Archie comics from #0 to the current issue the game comes out.

This could happen but if its the perfect/master collection why not have EVERY sonic game, sonic thehedgehog 1991-Sonic heroes?

The second game is "Sonic the Hedgehog 4", which would be a retro side-scroller released on XBLA, PSN, and Wii Ware. The graphics would be 16-bit, like Megaman 9 was 8-bit. It would have 18 levels, usually having 3 acts. The first act having no boss, the second having a miniboss, and the third having Eggman as a boss. The first act would have its theme for the level while the other two acts would have different remixes for it, like in Sonic Advance 3. You could play as Sonic with Tails, Sonic alone, Tails alone, and Knuckles alone, which he would have his own different game. Like S3&K, this game would have a developmental storyline. It would also have the Super Emeralds like S3&K (don't forget that S3&K is what Sonic 3 was originally going to be). You also get to fight Mecha Sonic MK III near the end of the game. If you get all 7 Chaos Emeralds, you get to play in a space level with Super Sonic. If you get all 7 Super Emeralds, you get to fight in an epic duel with a powerful robot twice Hyper Sonic's size. All I can say about bonus stages is that they would be innovative. You can actually do one-on-one races both online and offline.

I could sooo see this happening. And if not the 16 bit look, it could have a BRAID touch to it. And also (just because imma a fan) have Shadow be an unlockable or main character. So the characters would be sonic, shadow, tails, and knux.

This could happen but if its the perfect/master collection why not have EVERY sonic game, sonic thehedgehog 1991-Sonic heroes?

Hmmm, I think it would be a better idea to call is Master Collection. The collection is supposed to have practically every Sonic game released in the 90's. Having other games like Shuffle, SA2, and Heroes just wouldn't work at all, cause SA1 would be the collection's most notable game.

I could sooo see this happening. And if not the 16 bit look, it could have a BRAID touch to it. And also (just because imma a fan) have Shadow be an unlockable or main character. So the characters would be sonic, shadow, tails, and knux.

You see, this is a direct sequel to S3&K, meaning it is part of the classic Sonic series and has nothing to do with his current generation. Everything on it would be Genesis quality, the music, the graphics, everything. Super Sonic wouldn't even look like he does in SA1-present, he would look just like he was on the Genesis. When you play the game, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would look slightly improved over their looks in Sonic 3. Eggman would look just like he did on the classic games. Like I said, this game would take place the same time of the early Genesis games. Do you see how Capcom made Megaman 9? This would be just like that.

Except MM9 still comes after 7 and 8 plotwise. They didn't just ignore everything that, graphics-wise, is "after" it.

I swear, this fanbase is full of cowards, too afraid to do anything even slightly different than the almighty Genesis games.

I actually would totally play a Streets of Rage/Golden Axe style beat-em-up featuring Sonic characters.

Super Sonic wouldn't even look like he does in SA1-present, he would look just like he was on the Genesis.
What, you mean there's a difference?

I swear, this fanbase is full of cowards, too afraid to do anything even slightly different than the almighty Genesis games.
Or maybe it's a misconception that efforts to the contrary will turn out shit based on the fact that, umm... nearly every effort to the contrary HAS turned out shit in some way? I mean, I'm not of the side of the fanbase who believes that anything other than a Genesis rehash won't work (one such rehash actually HAS, to some fucking irony), but you'd really have to be lying to say they don't have decent reason to believe that these things won't work.

In all honesty, they probably would work if Sega just ditched Sonic Team and made the games themselves instead. Really now, Sega still makes some pretty kickass games behind Sonic Team's back so I really can't see what's stopping them from knocking the fuck out of ST's best efforts.

What, you mean there's a difference?
Somewhat. Pre Sonic Adventure, his quills were a bit more unruly. It's kind of like it was in Sonic Heroes (Hey, I think he's using a method devised by Polygon Jim to get that), only they were a bit more unruly, he had some extra little quills in addition to the bigger ones, kind of like Fleetway's Super Sonic, only they split closer to the root and ran more in parallel. Well, that's my analysis of the sprite. Sonic never went super in ShtH, and then in 06, all his quills point up, where previously the center quill curved down. Perhaps a better example would be this picture by Adamis. The center quill does point up, but it curves down.
Or maybe it's a misconception that efforts to the contrary will turn out shit based on the fact that, umm... nearly every effort to the contrary HAS turned out shit in some way? I mean, I'm not of the side of the fanbase who believes that anything other than a Genesis rehash won't work (one such rehash actually HAS, to some fucking irony), but you'd really have to be lying to say they don't have decent reason to believe that these things won't work.
In addition to the pattern that you mentioned, I have some other reasons:

One complaint I hear often (and voice on occasion) are cheap deaths. These are usually caused by pitfalls, or the interaction between poor camera angles and pitfalls. The obvious solution is to get rid of the holes. The Genesis games had very few holes, so this makes it more like them.

The problems caused by the holes are compounded by the limited acceleration Sonic has while airborne, these traits make it harder to correct jumps. The only reason I can think of for this was that the ruduced speed would make avoiding stuff easier, but in practice, it just makes platforms harder to land on. Obvious solution? Increased air acceleration, which makes it more like the old games.

I could go on, but I think I've written most of this before.

In all honesty, they probably would work if Sega just ditched Sonic Team and made the games themselves instead. Really now, Sega still makes some pretty kickass games behind Sonic Team's back so I really can't see what's stopping them from knocking the fuck out of ST's best efforts.

Perhaps they can let Treasure work on the game.

I don't think "coward" is really the best word for it. To them, things different than the Genesis games have been done ad nauseum. I certainly agree that Sonic's creators have a right to improve on the classic formula, but since many classic fans find a strong majority (if not all) of their attempts to be failures, asking for more Genesis-esque gameplay is really a logical response, for better or worse.

One complaint I hear often (and voice on occasion) are cheap deaths. These are usually caused by pitfalls, or the interaction between poor camera angles and pitfalls. The obvious solution is to get rid of the holes.

That's like saying the best way to stop drunk driving is to remove all cars. I think the even more obvious solution would be to fix the camera. I'd rather have pits and a decent camera than no pits and a shitty one. Pits can be a problem if they're not executed fairly, but I don't think that's the basis of the problem.

I actually would totally play a Streets of Rage/Golden Axe style beat-em-up featuring Sonic characters.

So would I :P I can imagine all the combos right now, like Sonic's whirlwind attacks, or Tail's flying across the screen slashing at enemies.

For more fun sometimes you could find spikes - they hurt you of course, but you could throw enemies onto them. Each area could also be themed to Sonic styled areas, such as the green hill thing, highways, etc - maybe even an underwater one where you have to get bubbles while you fight.

Somewhat. Pre Sonic Adventure, his quills were a bit more unruly.

You have to be one of the few people who actually care about the different looks of S.S.

BTW I like my version of sonic 4 better.

You have to be one of the few people who actually care about the different looks of S.S.

Having the center spines turned up as well is pretty bland. It looks more like he's surprised rather than powered up.

Sonic the Hedgehog megamix should be stolen by Sega and sold to the fans as Wiiware.

Having the center spines turned up as well is pretty bland. It looks more like he's surprised rather than powered up.

Either way its....... I not even gonna finish my comment since all that would to is cause him to come back and start a rant about something else, causing a few of us to start arguing and getting this topic looked.

I have more important things to deal with. Like this dangerous virus that comes tomorrow (if it actually does..)

It's not a major difference, I'm just noting it and stating my preference. Plus, its another aspect of the animations that make Stadium's quills look like appendages.

It's not a major difference, I'm just noting it and stating my preference. Plus, its another aspect of the animations that make Stadium's quills look like appendages.

I actually kind of like how they give S.onic's quills a sort of individuality to them through the animation. Feels more organic.

Hmm, I seem to have a lot of these.

What about one wherein reality gets tangled up? All of a sudden, for example, Chip and Sonic, the latter in his Werehog form, are standing someplace weird, such as on top of the Metal Overlord. Sonics and others from different time periods are stuck in this one, the "present", pretty much. Werehog Sonic meets the Shadow and Sonic from when Shadow first regained his true memory, from SA2, near the game's end. Unfortunately, neither of the latter group recognize the transformed hedgehog, so, after banter that only serves to further the confusion, they attack him. The Werehog is able to hold his own for a while, but then normal Sonic and Shadow go Super. The Werehog is not able to do this, but Chip finds a way of summoning his Temples, which takes some time, and reforming the Gaia Colossus. A fight then breaks out. It seems like the characters from Unleashed will win ,when Silver shows up, and is able to go Super, as well. The tide turns for a while, until Super Silver is KOed. Despite this, Super Shadow and Super Sonic soon regain the upper hand. Super Shadow is the next to lose conciousness. Still, Super Sonic fights on , and even gets the advantage back briefly, before losing it again. When it seems all is lost for him, Superball Knuckles and Superball Tails arrive. They take back the advantage, but are ultimately defeated.

It turns out our scientist "friend" caused the mass reality-warping, and his newest invention is crazy strong. All Sonics merge, then Chip reconstructs the Gaia Colossus, Blaze goes Burning, Sonic, Shadow and Silver turn Super, and Tails and Knuckles regain the Superball, with Tails commanding.This is still not enough, so Eggman is tricked into the beam of the Eclipse Cannon.This "True Final Battle" would have orchestral BGM, which goes into riffs of these songs at least once, in this order: Open Your Heart-Live and Learn-Sonic Heroes-I Am...All of Me-His World-Endless Possibility.

At the end, although reality is patched, unlike 06, the events still exist in the timeline, and all involved parties recall said events.

Edited by goodone121

How about a game where Sonic and Eggman have to work together BEFORE the final chapter?

That is just hurtful.
No, it's honest. Nearly every post I've seen you make has involved Chip, usually as a central focus. It's one thing to like a character and to want to see more of them, but you seem more concerned with pushing quantity rather than quality, as if you're more interested in just seeing Chip rather than seeing him done well.

How about a game where Sonic and Eggman have to work together BEFORE the final chapter?
Shadow the Hedgehog. =P

Blacklighning, not really. Sonic and eggy never teamed up in that game. Shadow and eggy maybe but not eggy and blue hog.

No, it's honest. Nearly every post I've seen you make has involved Chip, usually as a central focus. It's one thing to like a character and to want to see more of them, but you seem more concerned with pushing quantity rather than quality, as if you're more interested in just seeing Chip rather than seeing him done well.

Of course, I want it done well. You just seemed to nitpick. Let's drop this- like Shadic said (in a different, but similar context) this will just result in a lock.

Also, I still want someone to critique my full ideas.