Awoo.

Why is this the case?

OBD96

In Shadow's game, why is Eggman's confession about Shadow being the same one from SA2 put 9 minutes into the final boss? Why oh why couldn't they just simply have it be in a cutscene, since most players might beat the final boss in under 9 minutes? Seriously, was that SOOOO hard to do? 😒

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OBD96

• Wraith

• Polkadi~☆

• thumbs13

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic Team simply thought players would take longer to beat the final boss. Unfortunately, the boss is extremely easy to beat, meaning most players will never hear the line.

It’s not the first time this happened. The final boss of SA2 has Shadow imply that Sonic might be the Ultimate Lifeform, but it's said late in the fight and you can barely hear the line over the music.

They got too wrapped up in their new alien story to bother actually following through on the elements they had set up in Heroes. If someone involved with the game came out and said they straight up forgot to actually resolve that question until the game was already fully written so they just shoved it into the boss fight dialogue, I wouldn't doubt them.

It's a shame, because exploring the possibility that he doesn't simply have amnesia but actually isn't who he thinks he is could've been way more interesting than "yep you're you, also your other daddy is an alien".

9 hours ago, Diogenes said:

They got too wrapped up in their new alien story to bother actually following through on the elements they had set up in Heroes. If someone involved with the game came out and said they straight up forgot to actually resolve that question until the game was already fully written so they just shoved it into the boss fight dialogue, I wouldn't doubt them.

It's a shame, because exploring the possibility that he doesn't simply have amnesia but actually isn't who he thinks he is could've been way more interesting than "yep you're you, also your other daddy is an alien".

I still find that a dumb move on their part. 

I still hold a grudge against Sega for putting that line 9 minutes into a boss fight. They should remake the game, honestly, because of that, and it's many other problems.

9 hours ago, thumbs13 said:

They really underestimated our abilities to beat the game, honestly.

Its still an issue they legit have budget issues becuase they put money into the levels but people end up boosting and beating the levels and not even looking at all the effort put in

I agree they got wrapped up, I disagree I think the alien thing is way more interesting but they did nothing with it. Like if shadow had like crazy alien powers or alien transformations that would be rad as hell. He just gets extra chaos powers, there's potential in the concept. Never really acted on, but you can say that about a bunch of sonic stuff

11 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Its still an issue they legit have budget issues becuase they put money into the levels but people end up boosting and beating the levels and not even looking at all the effort put in

I agree they got wrapped up, I disagree I think the alien thing is way more interesting but they did nothing with it. Like if shadow had like crazy alien powers or alien transformations that would be rad as hell. He just gets extra chaos powers, there's potential in the concept. Never really acted on, but you can say that about a bunch of sonic stuff

Instill hold a grudge against Sega for putting that line 9 minutes into a boss fight. They should remake the game, honestly, because of that, and it's many other problems.

12 hours ago, thumbs13 said:

They really underestimated our abilities to beat the game, honestly.

I still hold a grudge against Sega for putting that line 9 minutes into a boss fight. They should remake the game, honestly, because of that, and it's many other problems.

I think this is their idea of an Easter egg or something and they didn't do it with the difficulty of the fight in mind. Either way it's a strange idea though. I don't think this detail was suuuuper important to the ending of this game though so it didn't bother me that much at the time.

12 hours ago, Diogenes said:

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Neither the android plotline or the alien one were particularly interesting to me in the first place. The alien one is a bit better because I like the position it left Shadow in and I liked the way the comics leveraged it but eh there are a lot of excuses to give Shadow extra powers without it. You don't really need more.

5 minutes ago, With Me said:

I think this is their idea of an Easter egg or something and they didn't do it with the difficulty of the fight in mind. Either way it's a strange idea though. I don't think this detail was suuuuper important to the ending of this game though so it didn't bother me that much at the time.

Neither the android plotline or the alien one were particularly interesting to me in the first place. The alien one is a bit better because I like the position it left Shadow in and I liked the way the comics leveraged it but eh there are a lot of excuses to give Shadow extra powers without it. You don't really need more.

Honestly, I have a grudge against Sega for that. They should just remake the game and put that audio in a cutscene where it belongs, as well as fixing other things with it.

3 minutes ago, OBD96 said:

Honestly, I have a grudge against Sega for that. They should just remake the game and put that audio in a cutscene where it belongs, as well as fixing other things with it.

Much as I would be down for more Shadow content I'm not really interested in a remake of this one. The story was already told in the original and I'd rather move onto a new thing.