Awoo.

Best Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Fiction and Fan Comics?

Rabbitearsblog

What are some of the best Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Fiction and Fan Comics you have ever read?  Here are some of my favorites:

1. The Murder of Me Fan Comics: This fan comic series is about Sonic, Shadow and Silver being descendants of some gods and it has them trying to save the world while learning more about their powers and about the gods before them.  I have really been enjoying this series so far as it's intense and entertaining to watch and I can't wait to see more of this series!  

2. Miles "Tails" Prower: Where Was My Hero?:  This fan comic is a "What If?" story about what would happen if Tails didn't meet Sonic.  It's truly a tragic and intense fan comic that you should check out!

3. Robert Brown and Francis Tolbert's Sonic Fan Fiction:  I know these fan fictions have been around since the late 90s, but they are fantastic fan fictions, especially if you are a huge fan of "Sonic Satam!"

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rabbitearsblog

• MetalSkulkBane

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a list on Bumbleking, but that forum is gone :C. But let's see.

FiCS

Well there is my Maximum Metal, in-depth analyze of Metal Sonic characterization and his relations with rest of the cast. (I'm 1-2 month away from publishing similar story about Knuckles, "Commander Knucklehead"). If you read, please comment.

Less shameless self-advertisement? Fine, Frozen Nitrogen is best fan fic writer I read and I'll never be as good. His stories either fill gaps in old games or remake events we seen by adding meaning to them. Dude can squeeze water out of a rock, simplest scenes had rich atmosphere and tension (althought sometimes it might be 'too rich').
I suggest staring with "Prisoner" and "Other Guardian" as they're relatively short. "Angel Island Zone" and "City in Image of image of Men" are arguably better, but are looong and take some from reader. "Wing Fortress" is actually a little dull and "Pattern Matching" just confuses me.

COMICS
Well there is Child of Green Hill, a remake of Sonic early days using his american origin story (Kintobor) as base. It's neat if you like this painting-sih artstyle and rather chill atmosphere.

My current favorite is Hanging Out, anime-ish comic set 7 years into future about now reformed Metal Sonic. Outside focusing on my favorite character, it's just hilarious. (Starts a little slow though, have some patience).
And there was this comic about SonAmy in Boom continuity, with their daughter Aurora. It was most adorable depiction of them I ever seen. But I can't find full thing anymore. I think it just got removed and part of if fly across the web.

And someone will mention Ghosts of the Future by official Sonic artist Evan Stanley, but despite looking gorgeous I never really got into it.

Here's a quick tip to all of you Web-Comic Writers out there: I know you don't have a time limit, but if your story is 10 year old and you're still banking of "whoo mysteries" kind of writing, it gets confusing and people like me stop caring. At least make some chaos-damned summary comic every year or so.

On 7/8/2020 at 3:48 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

I had a list on Bumbleking, but that forum is gone :C. But let's see.

FiCS

Well there is my Maximum Metal, in-depth analyze of Metal Sonic characterization and his relations with rest of the cast. (I'm 1-2 month away from publishing similar story about Knuckles, "Commander Knucklehead").

Less shameless self-advertisement? Fine, Frozen Nitrogen is best fan fic writer I read and I'll never be as good. His stories either fill gaps in old games or remake events we seen by adding meaning to them. Dude can squeeze water out of a rock, simplest scenes had rich atmosphere and tension (althought sometimes it might be 'too rich').
I suggest staring with "Prisoner" and "Other Guardian" as they're relatively short. "Angel Island Zone" and "City in Image of image of Men" are arguably better, but are looong and take some from reader. "Wing Fortress" is actually a little dull and "Pattern Matching" just confuses me.

COMICS
Well there is Child of Green Hill, a remake of Sonic early days using his american origin story (Kintobor) as base. It's neat if you like this painting-sih artstyle and rather chill atmosphere.

My current favorite is Hanging Out, anime-ish comic set 7 years into future about now reformed Metal Sonic. Outside focusing on my favorite character, it's just hilarious. (Starts a little slow though, have some patience).
And there was this comic about SonAmy in Boom continuity, with their daughter Aurora. It was most adorable depiction of them I ever seen. But I can't find full thing anymore. I think it just got removed and part of if fly across the web.

And someone will mention Ghosts of the Future by official Sonic artist Evan Stanley, but despite looking gorgeous I never really got into it.

Here's a quick tip to all of you Web-Comic Writers out there: I know you don't have a time limit, but if your story is 10 year old and you're still banking of "whoo mysteries" kind of writing, it gets confusing and people like me stop caring. At least make some chaos-damned summary comic every year or so.

Hmmm...I haven't heard of these comics and fan fictions before, although I heard a bit about Ghosts of the Future.  I need to check that out.