Awoo.

The Definitive Sonic series run-through

Eurisko

I'm planning on doing a Sonic The Hedgehog game run through over the coming months and into Sonics 30th anniversary just for fun.

I'm curious as to what games you guys would include in something like this. What spin-offs would you play? what would you leave out?

Here's my list I think pretty much covers most of his journey over the years.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog CD

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic R

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Riders

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic And The Black Knight

Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I

Sonic Colours

Sonic Generations

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed

Sonic Lost World

Sonic Mania

Sonic Forces

Team Sonic Racing

What about Shadow the Hedgehog? After all, it's a direct canonical sequel to Sonic Heroes that is made by Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, at a glance I think if you're going to include Secret Rings, which is by definition more of a spin-off series, you're gonna have to throw Shadow in too. It's true that it doesn't focus on Sonic, but then again something like ASRT is focused on SEGA in general more than Sonic, so I think it still counts. That, and the whole direct sequel to Heroes thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:26 PM, batson said:

What about Shadow the Hedgehog? After all, it's a direct canonical sequel to Sonic Heroes that is made by Sonic Team.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 3:44 PM, Tracker_TD said:

Yeah, at a glance I think if you're going to include Secret Rings, which is by definition more of a spin-off series, you're gonna have to throw Shadow in too. It's true that it doesn't focus on Sonic, but then again something like ASRT is focused on SEGA in general more than Sonic, so I think it still counts. That, and the whole direct sequel to Heroes thing. 

I hadn't given Shadow much thought but you guys make a good point. I'll probably give his game a run before Riders.

I'd play the Advance and Rush games, but leave out the non-platformers like Riders. Advance 2 added Cream and Rush added Blaze, so the Advance and Rush series are important to the "canon" lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Semi-colon e said:

I'd play the Advance and Rush games, but leave out the non-platformers like Riders. Advance 2 added Cream and Rush added Blaze, so the Advance and Rush series are important to the "canon" lol.

I've never been a big fan of handheld games, though I know the Advance and Rush series are held in high regard. I wish they would be made available on the "big screen"

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

I've never been a big fan of handheld games, though I know the Advance and Rush series are held in high regard. I wish they would be made available on the "big screen"

Advance has been on the big screen for years. Unfortunatly its only on the Gamecube Gameboy Player if you want to do it legally.

7 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Advance has been on the big screen for years. Unfortunatly its only on the Gamecube Gameboy Player if you want to do it legally.

To be fair I have a Gamecube. That might well be an option. Nice one 👍