Awoo.

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster - Spring 2021 (PS4, Nintendo Switch) - ,,Actually featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series...as DLC"

DiamondX

,,I'm the bug inside you"

-Magatama, probably

Back in 2003, "Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne" released worldwide as the first mainline SMT game to release outside Japan. A PS2 classic, the now 17-year old game comes back with a HD remaster on PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

Features seem to include:

• Voice acting (Japanese and English)
  • Raidou/Maniax Edition 
  • Merciful Mode (and I believe custom difficulty, only shown in the Japanese trailer)

SMT-LE-696x492.jpg

Are you ready to jump back, or for the first time, in the Vortex World?

• Promotion 1

Never played a Megaten game in my life but I'm extremely excited for this. Was vaguely interested in the PS2 version back in the day but never got around to picking it up.

Companies seriously need to STOP calling Remakes "Remasters".

28 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Companies seriously need to STOP calling Remakes "Remasters".

I wouldn't call it a remake. It's just upgraded graphics and some QOL updates. 

• Thumbs Up 1

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

I was going to get this as a PS2 Classic on my PS3, but this works too, especially with portability. I wonder if the subtitle will change for my region, because the game was known as SMT: Lucifer's Call here... Maybe it'll finally become the Nocturne it was always meant to be. No Dante fight sucks, but what can you do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

6 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Well, in that case then, the title to this thread is rather misleading. 

6 hours ago, DiamondX said:

You made the topic and literally call it a remake lol. Might wanna edit that then 😛

2 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Well, in that case then, the title to this thread is rather misleading. 

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

You made the topic and literally call it a remake lol. Might wanna edit that then 😛

My bad. It's a remaster. Guess I was too hyped when I wrote the title and didn't notice.

Dante from the Devil May Cry series returns to Nocturne in the HD Remaster as DLC.

Priced at 980 yen (around $10), the "Maniax Pack" will give you the option to play the "Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax" version of the Remaster instead lf the Chronicles one in the base game. (Raidou and Dante won't be both available in the same version)

Therefore, the DLC will change Raidou's cutscenes with Dante and make him playable instead. For those that played the original, his kit got an upgrade. One of his attacks got the Pierce effect added so that he's as good as Raidou. His cutscenes also include voice acting now.

2 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Dante from the Devil May Cry series returns to Nocturne in the HD Remaster as DLC.

Heh, I totally called that. Now to await plenty of people screaming that this means he's in Smash Bros Ultimate.

Not interested in this game, but $10 DLC of cut content for a full priced remaster is garbage. 

4 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Priced at 980 yen (around $10), the "Maniax Pack" will give you the option to play the "Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax" version of the Remaster instead lf the Chronicles one in the base game. (Raidou and Dante won't be both available in the same version)

Therefore, the DLC will change Raidou's cutscenes with Dante and make him playable instead. For those that played the original, his kit got an upgrade. One of his attacks got the Pierce effect added so that he's as good as Raidou. His cutscenes also include voice acting now.

Wow, they actually gave him Pierce? Now he's useful for the True Demon ending.
The big question is if for the english version they'll use Reuben Langdon or have to call back Matt Kaminsky (the trailer seems to imply at least for the battle voice clips they're sticking with the default ones, wich means the latter, so who knows). Bit of a shame we can't have both Dante and Raidou at the same time, but they would have had to tinker too much to make them both fit and having both in your team would have made you way too powerful.

3 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Bit of a shame we can't have both Dante and Raidou at the same time, but they would have had to tinker too much to make them both fit and having both in your team would have made you way too powerful.

True but the way the story is written both characters share the same role in the story. Having them both would require changing one of them. They also have the same attacks with different animations so it would be having the same character twice.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

Not interested in this game, but $10 DLC of cut content for a full priced remaster is garbage. 

While I agree $10 may be too much, it's not exactly "cut content". The remaster is based on a version that didn't include Dante at all. And he's not owned by Atlus either so this might have been done at Capcom's request.

• 8 months later...

Bump for two things: first, the game is getting a PC release as well on Steam (though being attached to SEGA it has Denuvo, so wait until it's gone and/or for a sale), and we know the version at launch for the west has the quality of life improvements given as patches to the japanese version (like the skill select option).
More importantly, we know part of the english voice cast with people like Jameson Pierce and Ray Chase, but if the trailers are anything to go by, Dante is voiced again by Reuben Langdon.

It feels so weird hearing that voice with the DMC2 costume. Wonder if the battle grunts have been redubbed as well to be less jarring in contrast.

• Thumbs Up 1