Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

Hmm, I just played Adabat to test it out, the water-running bits have been improved, but some parts of the level still play like arse. Like the part where you get chased by those Robots (No idea what they're called - like the ones at the end of Spagonia Day).

Will download the DLC now, it's only 250 Microsoft Points, which is under a fiver.

Oh, and if you're wondering, the file size (360 version) is 528.25MB.

Edited by Pokeh

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

I also tried out Adabat. Noticable improvement, but hopefully another patch will be on the way eventually, because the robot chasing bits are still ugly.

Gonna try out Shamar now to see how much smoother it runs. Can't wait to get the dlc tomorrow, my brother is a fan of the Werehog stages so he'll probably love it.

Oh I do wonder considering there's bug/annoying things fixes in here if they'll be one for the Chip-feeding bug. I love stuffing the little guy full of grub to see his funny responses :lol:

I must get some points but then i'm supposed to be getting SatBK tomorrow. Hmmmmm....

I'm also planning on getting Persona 4 and Bomberman II tomorrow. Hopefully my brother will help with the expenses, but ooh my poor wallet :P

Just tried the harder version of Chun-Nan day and got a D-Rank (Usually get S/A). It's a lot harder, the beginning and end bits have a lot more bombs on the road, a lot more electrical enemies as well. The platforming is a lot trickier this time around too. It took me nearly 7 minutes to complete the level.

There's a patch too for Adabat and Shamar. Apparantly it fixes the glitch of being not able to get up after a Titan jumps + shockwave knocks you miles away on Werehog too (most people prolly know what I mean) Can anyone confirm what Adabat is like now?

Oh, and, I don't have enough MS Points, and won't have any until tomorrow... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU.

I'm downloading the add-on as we talk. To bad I have to work. :( But when I get home and play through the 6 stages I will FO show give a review.

I noticed walking around some of the world hubs isn't as laggy as it used to be, but some of the stages are still a little troublesome.

I just played the first daytime stage. It's basically chun-nan on hard mode.

I got my rear kicked and got an E. Fun stage, but I hope the others are more than a mere 'hard mode.'

copy paste from other topic since more relevant here.

Quick review for those who are on the edge of buying the extra level pack or not.

If you enjoyed the Werehog parts, you get to play the entire length of cut stuff from the first Chun-nan level, which amounts to pretty much another whole Werehog level (certainly longer than act 1), and a brand new short level.

If you are hoping for brand new Sonic content, you're going to be disapointed. You get the hard mode for Chun-nan act 1, a 5 lap version of act 2, and 2 new levels, a very small navigation one which better players will clear in 2 minutes and is fairly easy, and another lap one, entirely on water.

Basically Sonic part a bit pants, Werehog part is great.

But it'll last you a max of 30 mins overall, no new medals or achivements so no point in S ranking (although good Werehog players will get it first time), so probably not worth your cash unless you enjoyed the Werehog and are interested in seeing the rest of Chun-nan at night.

Where are they? We downloaded them but can't find them O_o

Go to your world map, go to stage select and choose one way down on the list with DLC on it.

Discovered why they weren't showing up for Mollfie and I... they only appear if you apply the update as well.

If your internet connection is in a seperate room from your usual 360 set-up, make sure to load up the game to apply the update before moving your 360 back to it's usual internetless spot, or the DLC won't work!

Anyway, as for my opinion:

DAY:

Act 1-2: Damn hard, very intense. It's EggmanLand all over again, and I love it. The sections with spinny platforms have been pretty much 100% redone too so there's about 20% of totally new content here.

Act 2-2: Having not read the description, I didn't realise this had extra laps, so that threw me off when I was like "...*puff pant* Phew, 3 laps done at la...THERE'S MORE!? The level has been really rearranged here. I'd put it at about 50% new content.

Act 4: Very short but sweet. Many alternative routes through the level, though alas due to the shortness of the stage, they don't feel that alternative. Very fun though, and 100% new content.

Act 5: Despite being entirely made of one of the more annoying gimmicks in the game, this is actually pretty fun and well-designed. There's LOADS of space to move around and an almost endless number of routes through each lap. Will take a long time to S rank this one I think... 100% new content.

NIGHT:

Act 1-2: As people have said, this is practically a whole new level. It starts from the end of the regular Act 1, and takes you through the extra areas from the Werehog's night missions, as well as some entirely new areas too. Coolest of all, it truly reflects a "complete" version of the regular night level, as look over the edge of the cliff at the Goal Ring... it's the Gaia Temple and Boss Arena! 70% new content.

Act 3: Very surreal level due to some unique lighting. Kind of easy but lots of fun swingy and jumpy sections. Only downside is there are a lot of platforms between jumping which have a single enemy on, which of course causes the fight music to start for a couple of seconds. Kind of mood breaking, lol. 100% new content.

All in all, if you love the game, you'll love these new stages. If you hate EggmanLand and consider it too hard/cheap, you will NOT like the new daytime stages, lol.

I really hope they do DLC like this for every country. Would truly make this a very chock-full Sonic game. I thought they were generous with the amount of stages already, but if every country has this many stages, I'll be very very happy.

Act 5 intrigues me.

A full 3D level with new stuff and obstacles introduced each lap...perhaps...

An open world with this design (maybe water in some areas but not all like this one?) with a larger world, allowing you to take whichever path you wish (much like this Act), challenges of which would be activated by Goal Posts (or something like that).

Act 5 didn't have ZOMG PITS OF DOOM YOU FAIL HAHAHA, wasn't hard, but I felt challenged to keep going fast. And I liked the open design. More of this, less water, bigger areas in the next game please. Open world Sonic could be awesome if it was like this. :)

Edited by Roffles

Well, I'm broke right now, from buying an iTunes card, but next time I get a good amount of money, I'm gonna get a card and download this new content for the game. This will be good too, because I've yet to get Darth Vader downloaded for Soul Calibur 4, but all in all, I wanna get this and see for myself what's been added and what exactly the new patches do.

How do the Werehog stages compare to the original game?

Personally I'd had enough of them after a few levels - they were too long and repetitive. Plus the fighting music drove me nuts (I actually felt like punching my tv a one point, it was driving me crazy)

If the Werehog levels are shorter than those from the main game, I might consider buying it. Otherwise I'm not sure I can be bothered - even though I loved the Sonic stages a lot.

G... I've asked if we've got any redemption codes for interested press. I'll let you know.

Glad people seem to be liking the DLC.

How do the Werehog stages compare to the original game?

Personally I'd had enough of them after a few levels - they were too long and repetitive. Plus the fighting music drove me nuts (I actually felt like punching my tv a one point, it was driving me crazy)

If the Werehog levels are shorter than those from the main game, I might consider buying it. Otherwise I'm not sure I can be bothered - even though I loved the Sonic stages a lot.

Act 1-2 took me between 8 and 9 minutes, and Act 3 took me 5 minutes.

Um.

Do I need to unlock everything in Chun-nan/beaten the game to play these stages?

You just need to have reached Chun-Nan I think. I'm guessing that Act 1 must be beaten as well, since that triggers the Stage Select menu to appear.

Edited by JezMM

Fail. Paying for DLC only encourages developers to sell larger and larger portions of games to you via DLC, meaning you're going to get less and less on the disc. I already paid for the game once, and that should be enough to experience all it has to offer. Either offer it for free or put it all on the disc in the first place.

Fail. Paying for DLC only encourages developers to sell larger and larger portions of games to you via DLC, meaning you're going to get less and less on the disc. I already paid for the game once, and that should be enough to experience all it has to offer. Either offer it for free or put it all on the disc in the first place.

I'd say Unleashed has enough to be worth the £40 retail price. A mere £2.00 for another 6 levels seems pretty good deal for me.

These are actually new pieces of content too, they might not have actually been finished at the time the game was released. It's not just unlocking stuff on the disc, which IS unfair.

And when it comes down to it, it's business. I don't feel cheated by this DLC because I think it's fun enough to be worth the asking price. If you don't, no-one's forcing you to download it after all.