Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

I finally got round to playing the recent dlc. I'm still going through them and downloading more, but I was very impressed with Apotos Act 1-2, it's probably the most "full stage" like dlc stage I've played so far.

Apotos Act 4 is hell!

EDIT:

- Apotos Night 1-3 is... no, I'm not even gonna bother =_= Maybe after I've finished every other game on the planet I'll be bored enough to do that one.

- Mazuri act 4 was tons of fun. There was a bit nearer the end with lots of loops, felt very "Sonicy" :D

- Mazuri Night Act 4 was surprisingly fun. Well thought out platforming.

- Empire City Act 3 was pretty fun. I liked the new Chasebot view.

- Adabat 1-2, not sure what people like so much about it, but it was fun.

- Adabat Act 4 looks fantastic, pretty fun too.

- Adabat Act 5 was really short... but awesome.

Overall Adabat is my favourite world, it always has been and now I like it even more.

Edited by SuperLink

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

You know, this dlc is not the first time daytime Sonic has had a pipe; it is not a new gimmick. Eggmanland had a pipe shortcut near the end of the stage right after a series of wall-jumps avoiding fan blades.

It's just because of the fan blades within the pipe that it didn't seem more remarkable. The fan blades interfered with all corkscrew maneuverability.

I'm not complaining though. It was Eggmanland, that it's natural for such a section to have a lot of obstacles.

EU PS3 users left to wait for Mazuri and Empire City & Adabat combo packs

The EU Playstation Store has updated with.... not alot of content at all really. Sonic Unleashed DLC was absent again so EU PS3 users are to play the waiting game again.

Link -

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/18/...-2009/#comments

I just finished S-ranking them... man Empire City Day Act 3 was a bitch and a half to do. Whether they help anyone or not I dunno, but might as well do my usual tips.

Empire City Day Act 1-2

Get through fast and without dying, standard S rank fare. Rainbow rings always help but aren't vital. Just learn the stage. Estimated Score: 200,000

Empire City Day Act 3

Haaaaaaaaaaard. You MUST boost all the way, beat every enemy you can, hit every rainbow ring along the way, and avoid getting hit yourself as much as possible (you want to finish with at least 200 rings, NOT including the bounty of them on the final platform). The hardest part is the interceptor chase. The road goes up and down which can screw with your jumping, making dodging his lasers AND the bombs extremely tricky. Also, the bombs come from the top of the screen, and the shiny showing which laser he is charging is at the bottom, which makes multi-tasking your vision very difficult. I won't lie, you'll need a bit of luck for this one. Grab as many 10-rings as you can after defeating the final enemies (watch out for the mini hand robots - they're hard to notice AND easy to miss and boost off the edge, killing yourself), but don't dawdle if you miss one or two, and don't bother with the regular rings). Estimated Score: 150,000

Empire City Night Act 2

Just get through without dying. Easier said than done due to the infamous "homing attack" sequence half way through the level, but it is possible to get past here simply. You can curve around and grab at the last minute to dodge attacks, and you'll only die if you're zapped AND hit by a shot one after the other, with isn't ALL that likely to happen. Do a few critical finishes along the way to garuntee the S rank. Estimated Score: 300,000

Empire City Night Act 3

Same as above. Beat without dying and promptly. Critical finishes aren't even needed, I did this first time. Estimated Score: 300,000

Adabat Day Act 1-2

Same policy as Empire City. Do it fast and without dying. Actually, if I recall, I died half way through the stage first time I played and still got an S rank. Could be more generous than one thinks. Estimated Score: 100,000-140,000?

Adabat Day Act 4

Tough, but doable. Learn the level and perform it quickly and flawlessly. It's a short level, so practice makes perfect will get you it after a few attempts. Estimated Score: 100,000-200,000?

Adabat Day Act 5

Tricky if you aren't good at drifting. You need to boost all the way through, which isn't so bad for the first half, but after the pipe, you NEED to drift to make it round the corners at this speed. Thankfully, none of the water jets are THAT much in your way, but still be careful. Drifting and boosting on water is a tad nerve-wracking, but the whole level is under a minute long, so again, practice makes perfect. I recommend a little hop at the end to get onto land. When I just boost straight for the goal, the speed and angle of the edge of the platform result in me flying over the top and into the spikes, and the loss of rings and extra few seconds of time wasted will cost you the S rank. Estimated Score: 100,000-110,000?

Adabat Night Act 1-2

Don't die, and use critical finishes on at least all the titans. That got me my S rank. The difficult bit here is beating the final two titans without dying. I recommend saving your unleash for this encounter, and focus on the left titan first, THEN the two wizards, then the right titan. Hang around in the middle of the island rather than near the beaches to avoid instant kills from the titan's attacks. Estimated Score: 300,000

Adabat Night Act 3

Easy. Just do it quickly-ish. The tiny amount of enemies means they were very generous with the S rank on this stage. I got it first time. Estimated Score: 150,000

On the scores where I did a range, the highest number is what my score rounded up to the nearest 10,000 is, but it may be lower, so I took a guess at the real threshold since my score seemed like an odd number to have the cut-off point at in comparison to previous S rank scores (which are usually always a multiple of 50,000).

^ I didnt have much trouble beating EC day act3. Now EC day act 1-2 was a bitch and I still have not beaten it.

^ I didnt have much trouble beating EC day act3. Now EC day act 1-2 was a bitch and I still have not beaten it.

I was talking about the S-rank. The stage itself is easy, but getting an S rank is something else.

Haha that's what I mean. I S ranked it my 1st run through. Now EC day act 1-2, I said fucked that stage and went back to my chun-nan night act 1-2.

So I JUST popped in Sonic Unleashed.And.Get ready.......An update came! I don't know what it did yet. Can anyone try to find something different?

So I JUST popped in Sonic Unleashed.And.Get ready.......An update came! I don't know what it did yet. Can anyone try to find something different?

Interesting... It could be a patch update, or in my wildest hopes and dreams they could be prepaing for some more downloadable content.

You know, something came to me. Lots of stuff we saw in early trailers and beta areas and what not appeared in these downloadable stages, before thought to be long lost...

There were WAAAAY to many reps before Unleashed released saying Knuckles and Shadow were in Unleashed. Like, three different reps said it. Though I HEAVILY doubt it, do you think it's possible Knuckles and Shadow would make some type of appearance in downloadable content, probably not playable, but just appearing?

*thinks about it for a sec and imagines optional missions of daytime Shadow stages and nighttime Knuckles stages*

*drools*

But as I said, probably just a patch,

Edited by Dusk Golem

Pretty much any character, within reason of course, could be used as a skin for Sonic. The same cannot be said about the Werehog. Knuckles doesn't have stretchy arms, and he climbs walls with his fists. It would only make sense for Knuckles to replace the Werehog in terms of the most basic punches. Thinking about it, the only things that would work are Werehogs/Werechidnas/Wereotheranimal or Chaos.

I can easily imagine Knuckles replacing Werehog. Just use some flashy fire effects to make up the distance of his punches, and play with the levels a bit to make them suit his abilities (what was previously swingy poles might now be an area you must glide across with a few spike balls to avoid.

There'd have to be a fair few invisible walls to stop you climbing up or gliding too far, but that's nothing unusual for the Sonic series, lol.

Frankly though, I wouldn't care if his arms did stretch just in a cartooney way. It's not like Sonic is well-known for it's realism. If a fox can twist his Tails together and somehow form a fast-paced helicopter effect with them, I think an echidna's punches can be exaggerated in a cartooney way a bit.

Thinking about it, the only things that would work are Werehogs/Werechidnas/Wereotheranimal or Chaos.

Ya know, I never thought about it, but Chaos would totally work as an extra skin, he's the only one who actually has stretchy arms. Seeing him beat the crap out of a bunch of monsters would totally make my day.

Screw Knuckles, let us play as Chaos for once!

I think it's just a patch tweaking the frame rate, maybe even attempting to fix a few glitches such as the one in Shamar 1-2. I doubt there will be any more DLC, because Adabat and EC was supposed to be the "Final" adventure pack and there isn't any data on the disc to suggest that there would be the addition of another character/skin.

Weird. I started the game, but I wasn't prompted for an update.

Edited by Venom

Oh, perhaps it was erased from his Cache, and that's the old update that had to redownload? I had that quite a few times with Rockband 1 on the 360. xD;

Well I was on Sonic Unleashed yesterday and it worked normally. Now this morning I stuck it in and it had an update. I live in the USA btw.

EDIT:I did nothing with my cache, I haven't done anything with my memory in a long while.

Edited by Nights

Has anyone else experienced a glicth in Adabat Day Act 1-2 where the camera doesn't move behind Sonic when you get chased by the Interceptor (or whatever its called?) I gotta say it was an interesting glitch, made it easier to see the bombs and presented a nice challenge, having to dodge the robots attacks judging by the sounds it makes. Granted I got hit by every attack but it was still fun.

• 2 weeks later...

No leaderboards, on TSSZnews. Now, this isn't a problem but I thing if there was going to be one, they should of made it like the leaderboard of MKWii where you watch the player.

Damn, I need to catch up, XD. It's sad that I've had Unleashed for now Wii, 360, and PS3, (sold the 360 copy to buy the PS3 version after I bought a PS3) but I still need get these awesome downloads. Since I'm not so hyped up about the game any more, I wouldn't spoil the new Acts.

However, can someone tell me the best levels for downloadable content (since I doubt I'll have enough money to cough up to download every one off the bat). Thanks, =3.

-Blur

Ah, that's too bad, though admittidly I didn't even know we were getting any. I hope if there was any further DLC planned, it didn't end up cancelled too.

Speaking of which, it's been three weeks since the last pack now. Guess this all but confirms no surprise Eggmanland levels.

Edited by JezMM

If there is going to be Eggmanland DLC in future, count me out. I hated that stage (only the Sonic parts though, I'm fine with the Werehog's)..