Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

Well, how about some youtube vids?

Alternate version of Night Act 1:

Harder version of Day Act 2:

Day Act 5:

I've played them all, and they're great fun. Act 1-2 Night and Act 3 Night are my faves.

Sega's Sonic Unleashed has a new DLC pack available: "Chun-nan Adventure Pack." Weighing in at 528mb, it features 4 new daytime levels, as well as 2 new Werehog locales within a "mountainous region best known for its dragon roads and majestic peaks." The levels actually aren't new to the game, as they were included in the Japanese PS3 release, but all the same will set you back 250 on the Xbox 360. The DLC will supposedly be available for PS3 owners sometime later today, if the self-abuse of already owning this game isn't enough for you.

They were put on the Japanese PSN, too. They're just not up on the other PSNs yet.

Edited by Blue Blood

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Yeah, I think Joystiq are a bit messed up there as the DLC appeared on the Japanese PSN first this morning so the content can't already be on the Japanese version.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the werehog's 1st xtra stage was shown in the chun-nan trailer.

Sorry for the crappy quality vid I grab I was in a hurry to get back to the level so I could BEASTMODE it. Review for the add-on coming in a few hours.

It really sucks that the US PlayStation Store updated today but there's no sight of the new levels.

I don't get the free Leprechan costume in LittleBigPlanet that supposedly released today either. I'm starting to feel like I got scammed.

Same areas, different objects. The Chun-Nan night stage was cut short, much like in Adabat and Shamar. Hopefully we'll see more of those stages in the future.

Don't forget the first ever DLC in console games tended to just be unlock keys for stuff on the disc simply because it was easier. This is genuine new content.

Also, I played Adabat Day earlier and there's barely any difference in frame rate for me. D=

I really doubt it'll ever get to the stage of having endings be DLC. There'd be way too much negative feedback from people who don't have internet connections.

So NOW they wanna do patches. Should have done that for 06.

Call me when they put Super Sonic in level XD

They probably just wanted to completely forget about '06, being the glitchy mess that it is, and just focus on this instead.

Yeah, call me as well when they put him in-level...especially when you have this CG render of him to consider.

Yeah, I think Joystiq are a bit messed up there as the DLC appeared on the Japanese PSN first this morning so the content can't already be on the Japanese version.

Damn you Joystiq PS3! D=< (Sorry everyone....)

It sucks that the US PSN store has no content of Sonic Unleashed what so ever. I have a JPN account too, but I can't download the damn content because it will be incompatible with my copy. So basically we are not having this DLC until next week?! T__T

I just played through all six stages. I'm glad to see DLC for this game, but I was a bit disappointed by this one. Daytime 1-2 and 2-2 were just remakes that were just terribly hard and somewhat cheap at times and Act 5 was just an extremely awkward 5-lap water run. Think Adabat's water parts on steroids. The only genuinely fun day stage for me was Act 4, which made creative use of the level's objects and the structure reminded me a lot of Super Monkey Ball.

The Werehog stages were pretty cool, but they felt a bit meh overall. The first one was mostly brawling while the second was mostly pole swinging. They weren't terrible, but they both seemed a bit unbalanced in gameplay.

Its time for my review! How Imma right this stage by stage then give it a final rating...

Okay daystages first so I can save the best for last.

Act 1-2:

Now this is hard mode. From the very start the level seems way different. Before your 1st checkpoint you will be doing a lot more RB/LB (360 version) dodging. After that its all about timing... then right as you get to the 3rd checkpoint you will see real platforming. But oddly I could've sworn i saw this part of the stage in the E3 demo from last year, oh well. From there it goes to water and spikes, TONS of spikes but it should be easy to avoid. To me the controls seem a little tighter, and the homing glitch seems to be fixed. The rest of the stage mainly consist of SPIKES in really weird spots, forcing the player to pay more attention.

Act 2-2:

Sorry I didnt like the original version so i wont be doing one for this area. :(

Act 4: This is the best of the daystages! Best level design I've seen in a short sonic stage in a very long time.

Act 5: Like someone said earlier in the topic, its alot like the jungle joyride, framrates drops and all. But its still fun. Its a four lap stage so be prepared for each lap to get harder.

NOW for my favorite part of the whole DLC, the night stages

Act 1-2:

This right here is gold. And to make it better, it was shown on the chun-nan trailer. The stage is probably the best were-hog stage in the whole game.

NUFF SAID!

Act 3:

This is also a great stage, just not as good as ACT 1-2. This stage is all about stretching the arms to the limit. If your pole grabbing isn't good, DONT PLAY THIS STAGE!!

All in all, this is a great buy, to bad the daystages arent longer (act 3 and 4). I give this add-on 9 furry hogs out of 10.

Edited by SHADIC360©

I hate Sony for releasing this late at times...now when the PSN store gets the DLC next week, it will be basically "old" and many people here will not talk about it anymore. =/

360 version ROCKS! :lol: Now I can't wait for the next level pack. (if they make one)

Stoopid family gaming... if not for that I could have chosen a 360 over a Wii. My parents told my sisters and I we could only have one system, and since the Wii was considered by everyone but me the best choice for (family) gaming, then...

I got Unleashed for it, but I didn't get to enjoy it as much because my sisters also needed to take a turn on the Wii, and Unleashed has no multiplayer.

If only I could play Unleashed for the 360.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

I downloaded this right away when I saw it. Been having fun with it, definitely awesome that they did this. Act 4 kicks ass.

I'm hoping that they'll do this more in the future. *crosses fingers and hopes for more Spagonia stages*

360 version ROCKS! :lol: Now I can't wait for the next level pack. (if they make one)

Noooo it doesn't. But in a way because Sonic Team focuses a lot more on the 360 version than the PS3's. But the DLC was supposed to come out for PSN today anyway because JPN has already got theirs. So I'm guessing it is a delay. =/

Screw Spagonia! I want Empire city, Shamar and Adabat stages.

Edited by SHADIC360©

Screw Spagonia! I want Empire city, Shamar and Adabat stages.

I want Spagonia, Empire City and Shamar levels. Adabat is beautiful looking but I find the levels annoying. D=

I want a new region. If I had to choose regions to have a FULL new stage of, I'd choose Holoska, Chun-Nan, and Adabat.

I want a new region. If I had to choose regions to have a FULL new stage of, I'd choose Holoska, Chun-Nan, and Adabat.

New regions? I'm a up for that!

Still, if we happen to get a new region, how much does anyone wanna bet that the level name will be Cray Castle! (anyone remember that name from before, as it is the name of a level that does not appear in Sonic Unleashed, but on the data of the game itself?)

Edited by Flamerstreak

I'd really like the next pack be for a country that currently has few stages, like Shamar and Empire City, or some more night stages for Spagonia. Love the atmosphere on the night level for that...

New regions? I'm a up for that!

Still, if we happen to get a new region, how much does anyone wanna bet that the level name will be Cray Castle! (anyone remember that name from before, as it is the name of a level that does not appear in Sonic Unleashed, but on the data of the game itself?)

Yeah! Cray Castle! What happened to that? I hope that's still up for future DLC...