Awoo.

Peachy Owl's Art [OCs and Official]

Peachy Owl

Hello! I'm new here and I'm still figuring some things out, but I hope you'll like my art. Currently, I'm drawing characters for my boyfriend's tabletop campaign plus some doodles on the side.

I also pretty much always take commissions, because rent and food are important. 

Here are some of them:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will be posting my new more complete stuff here (colored artworks or commissions), but if you want to see the full scope of my work, I have a twitter and a DA, where I drop pretty much everything or newgrounds, if you like maximum quality.

In case you're interested about me personally - I was sonic for many years, started with Adventure games, and mostly stayed for comics and music. I also used to dabble into writing fanfics and roleplaying a lot, but art is where I stopped. I'm a huge fan of Evan Stanley's and Tracy Yardley's work.

• Thumbs Up 8

Thank you! I can be pretty shy sometimes and I'm much more of a lurker, but I will do my best :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks you! I'm kinda new to posting my Sonic Art everywhere, but I would like to keep doing it for as long as possible :)

Speaking of, here is a small bump, with some more of my stuff:

spacer.png

This is Zepp, he's the 3rd hero of our tabletop campaign, very stoic, but fun character that's trying to figure out how much he has to rely on his mechanical parts. It's also probably one of the most complex commission I ever did. 

spacer.png

And this is something I drew mostly for fun. Tho, as I mentioned on Twitter, for some reason I just cannot for the life of my draw Chao, something about their form just... I just can't. This one turned out alright tho. 

• Thumbs Up 4

So I don't know if anyone here is a fan or is even familiar with Plague of Gripes - he's an artist and an animator on YT and became largely popular thanks to his ties to the Best Friends Let's Play group. A couple of weeks back, he posted "his Sonic OC". One of his fans from the subreddit commissioned me to make an art of him and I really like how it turned out. It's supposed to be a reference to this moment and originally we thought about drawing a human or a mobian mermaid next to him. But in the interest of time and money decided to go with the birds instead.

spacer.png

Also, here is a drawing of a random OC my boyfriend made for our tabletop games. Her name is Sofil Neils. Sofil is a water wizard, that is very kind and polite, working as a teacher in a magic academy of sort. She is a companion of a fire wizard named Raskal Fires, who's a much older red chameleon, that taught her everything she knows. We use her generally as a guide that helps more gentler characters to learn their strengths.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of sweat and tears lol

Basically, I draw the picture about 2-3 times. Sometimes I start on paper, but that's rare these days. First is a sketch (usually multiples of them) to get the pose right, then I clean up the best one of them, then I ink the lines one more to make sure they look good, then general colors, then shadows and details. A lot of layers and little details - that's why pictures usually take me a lot of time too (like 2-3 days At Best). Oh and looking for good references for hours! References are important, I mostly used the Archie/IDW comics, but for objects and stuff you need additional sources. 

Oh! I also use the Sai Drawing Tool and a drawing tablet (forgot the model at the moment, but it's old and shitty, let me know if you need it)

Work, basically. I want to get enough of the following to be doing this full time, so I'm doing my best!

Awesome! I really need to practice inking. My lineart is too wobbly. Not very professional looking at all DX. Anyway  now following on DeviantArt! Your art is beautiful!

So the school is this (next?) week, and I was thinking about it a lot. It's been a while, since I finished mine, but I do have lots of found memories and friends from it. So I got inspired and put this wholesome and cute thing together:

spacer.png

Cream is just the cutest, and I wish we got to see more Vanilla. Shame they weren't used in games for years. At least IDW puts a bigger spotlight on those two. 

Either way. If you already finished school - any cool memories you can share from it? If you're going back soon - anything you're excited about?

• Thumbs Up 2

That is just adorable! Personally, I've always been a fan of the 'slice of life' sort of thing. What DO our heroes do when they're not saving the world? Beautiful rendition here!

As for me though, not too many fond memories of school. Bullied a lot. College was great though!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, it's been a while, have some more of my art :)

spacer.png

So recently, on Hatsune Miku's Birthday there was a trend on Twitter about Amy cosplaying as her. I wanted to make something a bit different then the usual green uniform - everyone knows that alt costumes are always the best! It was also interested to see how many pinks I can fit in one picture lol

spacer.png

And here is another commission "fresh off the presses" just posted it today. I feel like the neck was a bit too long for it to be a "pure" Sonic character, so this one leans closer to a toon or like a... Duck Tales kind of OC... But then she is a Swan, so who maybe that's okay. Also - love me drawing wisps, not sure why, I mentioned here earlier but I can't stand drawing Chaos, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed drawing these guys. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Hey! Sorry I've been busy - october is a month of giving away free art (basically), so I was working away on twitter. On the plus side, I can show what came up from it! There are no official Sonic characters, which I preferer to usually post here, but I think you will enjoy some of these. 

spacer.png

A Hedgehog Dancer!

spacer.png

Ciara as a spooky Halloween witch!  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Video game themed costumes! 

spacer.png

Someone asked to be drawn as Heather from Silent Hill 3 - I think this is my favorite of the month. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

There's some really excellent stuff here! You've got quite the nice grasp on the Sonic style; I can easily imagine some of these OCs as concept art for one of the comics :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Tani Coyote

Thank you, hearing that makes me very happy ❤️

Funny enough, I do draw my own comics, even if I don't post them here, and I'm an artist for a tabletop game, so your remark totally makes sense :)