Awoo.

[Fanfiction] Mario & Sonic: Heroes from Two Worlds

Sonario

For years now, I've dreamed of making a Mario and Sonic crossover project of my own, but the mess of ideas in my head were too disorganized for me to formulate into anything cohesive. That changed a while back when I worked up the courage to start writing and found that things just went with the flow, and I finally managed to write something resembling a story!

So, without further ado, I present my attempt at making a Mario & Sonic crossover fanfiction, Mario & Sonic: Heroes from Two Worlds!

Any and all feedback or criticism are welcome, especially about portraying the characters well.  (also if anyone can think of a less cheesy title, that'd be welcome too)

The first two chapters will be split into parts as they're kinda big (Exactly 8000 words each)

Chapter 1: A Bright and Stormy Day (Part 1) :

Spoiler

It was a beautiful summer day in the Mushroom Kingdom. People from all over the lands were spending their weekend at the world famous Cheep-Cheep Beach.

There were kids building sandcastles and arguing over breaking them, surfers catching waves in the sea, people playing beach volleyball and others just relaxing and getting a tan. The sand shined and the sea sparkled as everyone enjoyed their weekend at Cheep-Cheep Beach.

One of the tanning beachgoers, a Toad wearing sunglasses, suddenly felt some shade blocking his tan. He removed his glasses to take a look...

...and saw a Bullet Bill flying right towards him!

The toad yelped and scrambled away just as the Bullet Bill smashed the reclining chair he was sitting on!

Onlookers stared at the scene, shocked. Then they looked up at the sky to see dozens of Bullet Bills all falling towards the beach!

Soon, the whole beach was in a panic with people running away screaming, barely avoiding the rain of projectiles.

But where were these Bullet Bills coming from? One of the Lifeguard Toads raised his telescope to find out. When he looked into it, he gasped at the sight.

At first glance, the Bullet Bills were falling from a really big cloud, but on top of the cloud was the unmistakable visage of the King of the Koopas, Bowser!

Suddenly a small cannon popped out of the cloud, aiming at the Lifeguard Toad...

*BLAM!*

...and fired a Bullet Bill straight towards him!

Frozen in terror, the poor Toad closed his eyes and waited for impact...but after a few seconds passed, he dared to open them again.

The angry projectile fired at him was now being held back by a pair of strong hands.

These hands belonged to a young woman glaring at the Bullet Bill with enough rage in her eyes to make its own glare look like nothing.

It was Princess Daisy!

"You think you jerks can ruin my day at the beach and get away with it?! Take this!" Daisy yelled, dunking the Bullet Bill into the sand!

"Princess Daisy! Thank you so much for saving me!" exclaimed the Toad, nearly jumping for joy. "Ah don't mention it, little guy!" Daisy said with a smile.

The smile quickly shifted into a serious frown as she looked up at the cloud bombarding the beach. "I've gotta get up there and stop this! But how...?"

Suddenly, she had an idea, "I got it! No way those two can say no to a quick buck! Whoa!" She quickly smacked aside another Bullet Bill heading for her, sending it flying into the sea.

Then, she turned back to the Lifeguard, "You should get outta here, buddy! I'll take care of this mess!"

"Alright, Princess! Good luck and stay safe!" The toad chirped before running to join the crowd of people fleeing the beach.

Daisy also set off in another direction, looking for a certain pair of tricksters...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!*

Cannons continued to fire from the huge cloud in the sky as it rained Bullet Bills upon the beach.

As anyone could tell by the fact that it was firing high ordinance at destructive velocities, this was no ordinary cloud. It was Bowser's new flying fortress, the Koopa Cloud Cruiser!

On its top floor, obscured by its cloudy disguise was a control room. Inside were seven stations containing control panels that were manned by the seven Koopalings.

"Gyahahaha! Take that you annoying Toads!" cackled Iggy Koopa as he hammered away at his controls with reckless abandon.

Lemmy Koopa was also having a little too much fun as he kept firing away randomly. "Heeheeheehee! This is so much fun!” he cheered.

"Alright, I think that’s enough of that. Most of them have fled already" chided Ludwig Von Koopa, giving them an annoyed look.

"Yeah guys, chill out. Why bother smashing up the beach when those chickens all ran back home?” added Larry Koopa.

Then Morton Koopa Jr. opened his mouth and the others prepared to cover their ears.

"Well you two certainly have a point because the automated factory thing Iggy tried to explain to me a few days ago when I asked about it after seeing him working on it takes some time to load up new Bullet Bills to fire at our targets which means it is a good idea but there's no harm in having fun wrecking a place even if there's no people on it, which kind of reminds me of that one time we..."

The chatterbox Koopaling continued to ramble on instead of steering the Koopa Cloud Cruiser like he should, before he was interrupted by a thwack on the head.

"SHADDUP AND STEER DIS THING, MORTON!!" yelled the thwacker, Roy Koopa, glaring from behind his sunglasses.

The rude interruption made Morton mad. He was about to thwack Roy back, but he was cut off by someone else.

"Hey, cut it out, guys. Save the fighting for when we're at the castle." Wendy O. Koopa said, staring intently at the radar on her panel. "Still upset about not getting the firing controls, Roy?" She turned to give Roy a smug look.

"Well, at least it's not as boring as your job. Movin' cameras around like that stupid horror game? Hah! That's almost as dull as your face!" Roy shot back.

Wendy's calm demeanor instantly shattered as her face turned red with anger. "WHAT'D YOU SAY ABOUT MY FACE?!" Wendy shrieked as she bounced off her station and punched Roy in the gut!

Roy then grabbed her by her bow and headbutted her in retaliation!

Soon, a miniature brawl ensued and the other Koopalings started leaving their stations to join in, but suddenly-

"CHILDREN!! BEHAVE!!!" roared a booming voice from the back of the control room, causing the Koopalings to freeze and turn towards it.

King Bowser Koopa was sitting on his throne, giving them a stern look.

Bowser Koopa Jr was also sitting on a tiny throne next to him, snickering at his adoptive siblings.

"We're sorry, King Dad." the Koopalings apologized before going back to their stations quickly.

"Good. You kids can brawl later, focus on the plan now." Bowser said, his face softening into a satisfied smile.

He then looked down at his youngest son and said, "See Junior, when things go crazy, someone has to take charge and keep things together."

"I know, Papa." Junior replied with a sigh, "But this is so boring! When do we see some action?" he whined.

"As soon as we get to Peach's Castle, son." Bowser explained.

Then, he pressed a button on his throne, lowering down a cage holding none other than Princess Peach Toadstool. Her pink dress was all dusty, but she was otherwise unharmed despite her predicament.

"Then the real fun begins, isn't that right, Princess?" Bowser said to his helpless captive.

"You're wrong, Bowser! Just you wait, Mario and Luigi are on their way to stop you and once they get here, you'll be sorry!" Peach countered defiantly.

"BWA HA HA!!!" Bowser only laughed in reply. "Oh Peachy, did you already forget that we left the Loser Bros way back in Dark Land? By the time they show up, your castle's gonna be crumbled! BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!" Bowser continued to laugh as the Koopalings started to join in as well.

Peach's glare faltered as she imagined her beloved home in ruins, all her loyal retainers laying on the ground, bruised and beaten. She quickly shook off these thoughts. "Even so, I know they'll find a way to stop you! They always do!"

"Aw, isn't that adorable? She has so much faith in her knights in shining overalls." Wendy mocked before quickly turning to her screen as it beeped, "Huh?"

Any further mocking was cut off as she noticed a blip on the radar moving towards the Koopa Cloud Cruiser quickly.

"Something's coming this way. Putting it on the main screen" she said, pressing a button that caused a screen in front of them to light up.

When they saw what was on the screen, Bowser and the Koopalings all had a look of shock and disbelief on their faces while Peach's face flooded with relief.

On the screen was the image of a small yellow plane being piloted by a short, chubby man in red with a bright smile on his mustachioed face. It was the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario!

And he wasn't alone either. Sitting in the backseat, looking nervous yet determined, was Mario's inseparable younger brother, Luigi!

The Mario Bros had also brought along someone else. Standing on the wing of the plane, bouncing on his heels, was Mario and Luigi’s dinosaur friend, Yoshi!

"GRRRR!! Those pinheads caught up with us, and they brought along the Dino Twerp!" Bowser seethed.

Peach, on the other hand, was ecstatic. "I told you they were coming, Bowser! Mario, Luigi and Yoshi are going to foil your evil plans!"

Bowser was quick to reply, "Oh yeah? Well, they have to make it here first. IGGY! LEMMY! LARRY! FIRE AT WILL!"

Not needing to be told twice, the Koopaling trio turned their attention to the incoming heroes.

*BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!*

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonario

Chapter 1: A Bright and Stormy Day (Part 2):

Spoiler

"Nice of-a the Professor to let us-a borrow the new Sky Pop, eh Luigi?" Mario said casually as they flew towards the floating fortress.

"Well, yeah, but you think he's-a gonna be OK?" asked Luigi, "We sort of-a left him behind in-a Dark Land after all."

Said professor was Professor Elvin Gadd, who rode to Dark Land on his upgraded version of the Sky Pop, calling it the Sky Pop Mark 2. But when he got there, he gave the plane to the Mario Bros, helping them catch up to the Koopa Cloud Cruiser. They picked up Yoshi along the way too.

However, unlike what Luigi feared, the professor was not stranded in Dark Land, as Mario explained. "Don't-a worry, Luigi. He had a Warp Whistle with him, remember? He's-a probably warped home by now/"

"Yeah, I'd worry more about those instead!" yelled Yoshi, pointing towards a salvo of Bullet Bills headed straight for their plane!

"Mama-mia! Hang on-a you two!" Mario said. Yoshi clung onto the wing while Luigi closed his eyes, clutching his seat tightly.

Mario then did some quick barrel rolls, weaving through the closest waves of Bullet Bills which precariously flew past them.

Then he pulled up and flew right over the next wave, and pulled down in time to avoid a few stray Bills aimed upwards.

Finally, he simply flew straight ahead as the next wave passed by harmlessly. They weren't aimed anywhere near the plane for some reason. Lemmy must have fired those.

"Okie Dokie, we're-a safe now." Mario said as Yoshi relaxed and let go of the wing. Luigi however still kept his eyes shut, hands clutching the seat.

"...you can-a open your eyes now Luigi." Mario sighed as Luigi finally opened his eyes and smiled sheepishly...

...but then he noticed more Bullet Bills heading towards the ship, only these were flashing red. "AAAHH!! Homing Bullet Bills! How are we gonna dodge these?!" Luigi screamed in a panic.

"I have an idea" Yoshi said. "Get us closer, Mario!"

Mario nodded and started swerving towards the Homing Bullet Bills. Yoshi stood on the wing, bending forward and looking at the closest Bullet Bill intently.

Just as it got close enough, Yoshi's tongue lashed out and grabbed it, bringing it into Yoshi's waiting mouth. Then he spat the Bullet Bill straight at the others, knocking them all out of the sky!

"Nice shot-a Yoshi!" Mario cheered. "Yeah, great-OH NO!!" Luigi's own cheer turned into another panicked exclamation as he pointed towards their next threat.

It was easily the size of the plane itself and resembled a huge Bullet Bill with a menacing shark-like grin. "It's a Banzai Bill!"

"Take-a the controls for a bit, will you, bro?" asked Mario, getting up from his seat. "Eh? Um...OK?" Luigi replied, snapping out of his frightened daze and moving into the pilot's seat.

"What're you doing, Mario?" Yoshi asked as Mario stood behind the propeller.

Then he suddenly jumped off the plane!

"YAHOOO!!!" Mario shouted in excitement as he jumped right onto the Banzai Bill, smashing the top of it with a stomp and sending it crashing down to the ground.

Bouncing off of his stomp, Mario landed safely in the back seat. "Wahoo! Way to go, Mario!" applauded Yoshi. "That's my bro!" said Luigi, beaming at Mario.

"Heehee, it was-a nothing! Anyways, we're-a almost there. Take us in, Luigi!" Mario said as they approached the flying fortress. "Okie Dokie, here we go!" Luigi flew towards the top floor, preparing to land.

...but then he noticed the whole fortress turning midair to face them before moving towards their plane to ram it! "AHHH! Hold on-a tight guys! It's-a gonna be a rough landing!"

The others held tightly on to the plane as it sped towards the fast approaching deck and crashed right through and into the ship's hull!

*KRRR-CRASH!!!* *BOOM!* *THUD!!*

The heroes found themselves lying in a heap of broken parts covered by a thick cloud of dust. Coughing and fanning the dust out of their eyes, they climbed out of the wreckage of the Sky Pop Mark 2.

"Oh mama-mia, I crashed it. How are we gonna get out of here-a now?" lamented Luigi, looking at the plane's remains.

"Don't-a worry Luigi, I'm sure we can find another way outta here later. Let's-a move on." Mario said, taking the lead and walking forwards, Luigi and Yoshi following right behind him.

They stepped out into a long hallway with no walls. Thankfully there were guardrails on the sides, but it was best to be careful anyway, especially with the strong wind. The hallway was also strangely empty.

"Looks like nobody's here." Yoshi noted.

"Then let's-a move on quickly, guys. We’re not-a really looking for a fight." Mario said as they started moving across.

"Um, bro? I think the fight's been looking for us!" Luigi said, pointing to a group of Hammer Bros at the other end of the hallway.

Before the heroes could react, they threw their hammers...only for the wind to blow the hammers right back onto them, knocking them all overboard!

"Oh…well, never mind that then!" Luigi shrugged at the others. Then they all shared a good laugh. Bowser’s minions can be so incompetent!

"Well that was-a fantastic, but we should-a get going” Mario interjected after a little while. “Bowser’s probably keeping the princess on the top floor, so let's-a move on up."

The heroes quickly crossed the hallway and up some stairs to the next floor. They went up a few more floors with a few minor encounters with groups of Goombas on the second floor and Parakoopas on the third.

The heroes easily swept past them, with the bros simply stomping the Goombas flat before punting them off the ship and Yoshi tossing eggs at the Parakoopas, sending them falling into the sea as well.

But then on the fourth floor, they came across a wall leading up to the next floor with nothing to climb. "Now how do we get up-a there?" pondered Mario.

“Over there!" Luigi called out as he pointed at a crane on the next floor. Unfortunately, it was facing the wrong way, so they couldn't climb it.

"Leave it to me!" said Yoshi as he extended his tongue and grabbed the end of the crane. Then he struggled to drag it closer, but it was just too heavy.

"Don't-a strain yourself too much, Yoshi! I got a plan!" Luigi said. Yoshi released the crane before turning to listen.

"Instead of-a dragging the crane here, why don't you drag yourself over to the crane, climb-a up to the next floor, and see if you can find-a the controls to move it this-a-way?"

"That's a great idea!" Yoshi grabbed the crane again, but this time he dragged himself up to it instead. Then he swiftly climbed up to the next floor.

Looking around, he found a lever next to the crane. "Found it!" Yoshi yanked the lever, causing the crane to smack right into Luigi! “Oww!” “Oh! Sorry, Luigi!” Yoshi apologized, adjusting the crane into position.

"I think the next floor might be the top floor, guys." Yoshi said as the bros climbed up the crane and joined him. "Look." He pointed in front them.

Instead of more stairs or cranes, what awaited the heroes next was an elevator emblazoned with Bowser's face. No doubt leading to the top floor.

"Well then, let's-a go save the princess!" without further ado, the three of them stepped onto the elevator. All of a sudden, the elevator started moving extremely fast, knocking everyone to the floor as it continued its rapid ascent!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few seconds, the elevator stopped moving. "Mama-mia, that was-a crazy..." said a queasy Mario, stumbling out of the elevator. Luigi and Yoshi stumbled out soon after.

Right in front of them stood a tall tower in the center with a stone carving of Bowser's face on top. At the base of this tower was a large room with machinery all around it. That had to be where Peach was!

Just as the heroes went towards the control room, a screen popped out just above the front door, showing Bowser's grinning face. "Well, well, well, about time you guys showed up! BWAHAHAHA!!"

"BOWSER!!" the trio yelled in unison. "The one and only, chumps!" replied Bowser.

"Where's the princess?!" demanded Mario.

"Right here, Mr. Hero." Bowser said as the screen panned to a caged Peach hanging right next to his throne. "Watch out! Above you!" she yelled.

Heeding Peach's warning, the heroes looked up to see a pair of antennae had sprouted from the tower, being pointed right at them!

*BZZZATT!!*

They quickly dodged just as the devices unleashed a blast of electricity! Reacting quickly, the Mario bros jumped up and smashed the devices before they could fire again.

"Drat! Well, that trick didn’t work…and neither did anything else..." he grumbled in frustration.

"But never mind that!" he suddenly barked, shaking his head. "To tell you the truth, I'm actually glad you made it all this way. Because that means we get to show off our secret weapon!" he grinned menacingly, looking straight at the heroes. "It's gonna blow you away!"

Bowser then raised his fist triumphantly, "LUDWIG! ACTIVATE THE STORM THINGY!!!" he commanded.

"It's called the Storm DRIVE, dad!" corrected Iggy from nearby.

"Right away, father." Ludwig complied as he pressed a big red button on his console, causing a bunch of machines around the control room and tower to start shifting around.

"Storm Drive?! Oh no, that sounds-a dangerous!" cowered Luigi, already shaking in his boots. "Come on, Luigi." Mario answered encouragingly, "Whatever it is, we can-a handle it!"

"Oh yeah? Can you fight a hurricane and win?!" Bowser challenged as the mysterious Storm Drive finally revealed itself.

The outer layers of the tower had unfolded, revealing a huge metal pillar. It was filled with glowing lines of energy traveling upwards and many empty tubes slowly filling with sparking black gas.

The heroes all gasped as they saw a large machine right above the control room with the energy lines coming out of it, slowly feeding the tubes with more gas. But what really shocked the heroes was the power source of this machine.

Attached in seven different slots, all pulsing with energy and powering the huge machine were the seven Crystal Stars!     

"The Crystal Stars?! I thought they were used up after we beat the Shadow Queen!" Mario yelled in disbelief.

"That was what we heard as well, but allow me to explain" Ludwig said as the screen panned to him. "After you defeated the Shadow Queen, Father sent Kammy to look for the Crystal Stars again. This time, she found them and brought them back."

"But that doesn't explain how they're-a still full of energy." Luigi interjected.

"I'm getting to that, grasshopper.” Ludwig continued. “When we found them, we expected them to be useless with the Shadow Queen gone. But instead, they were full of positive energy from the wishes of your friends."

"Oh, that explains it." Mario said, remembering how they had defeated the Shadow Queen.

"My research on the Crystal Stars is still incomplete, but from what I can tell, they are not inherently negative like their supposed creator. They can be equally charged with both negative and positive-"

"BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!" Roy interrupted his brother’s explanation. "Enough with the technobabble. Turn the stupid thing on already!"

"Alright, alright." Ludwig sighed before pressing another button. "Storm Drive, GO!!"

The Crystal Stars glowed brightly as the Storm Drive started up. Then, the lines of energy started pulsing wildly as the empty tubes started filling with the black gas.

As the lines of energy kept pulsing, the eyes of the stone Bowser head suddenly lit up with an electrical glow. Then, its mouth opened and unleashed an enormous maelstrom of the sparking black gas!

*FFFWOOOOOOOSSSHHH!!!!*

The black gas poured out with tremendous speed, swirling into the sky and quickly forming into storm clouds that covered the sky above. Then, still spewing out clouds, the entire pillar started rotating faster and faster. The clouds above also started swirling with it as strong winds started to pick up.

Soon, a massive storm was blowing all around the fortress, transforming the bright and sunny weather into a hurricane!

"THAT'S WHY WE CALL IT THE STORM DRIVE! HEE HEE HEE!!" Lemmy cackled over the howling wind as Bowser and the other Koopalings joined in.

Peach, however, could only look on in horror as the wind blew the heroes clean off their feet and over the edge of the deck! "NOOO!!!" she cried, fearing for her friends' safety.

Thankfully, despite being blown off the deck, Yoshi had managed to grab on to a crane by his tongue and had grabbed Mario and Luigi too!

"THANKS, YOSHI!" Mario shouted. Noticing a lever nearby, he quickly kicked out and managed to turn it. The crane started moving in response, bringing them to a safe place on a lower level.

Yoshi finally let go and collapsed on the floor, panting. "That was-a close. Thank you so much-a for saving us, Yoshi." Luigi also thanked the dinosaur as they stopped to rest a bit.

"We should-a probably find a way back." Mario said after a while. "Storm or no, I know we can save the princess!"

"Right!" said Yoshi, having fully recovered. "R-right..." mumbled Luigi. ”But how are we gonna do that? If we go back up, we’ll-a get blown away again."

"We'll-a just have to find another way." Mario replied, now looking around to see some rooms nearby. "Maybe we can-a find one in one of those rooms? Let's-a go check."

And so, the heroes split up to search for another way to reach the top floor.

Chapter 1: A Bright and Stormy Day (Part 3):

Hide contents

As the Koopa Cloud Cruiser was cruising along, carrying a massive storm above it, a big hot-air Balloon was caught in the storm and aimlessly swirling around.

'YEEHAW!! THIS IS AWESOME!!" hollered one of its occupants, Princess Daisy. She was having the time of her life!

The other two occupants, the Wario Bros, weren't nearly as excited.

Wario was quite nauseous from the balloon swirling around and trying not to throw up. Meanwhile, Waluigi was desperately struggling to keep his balloon in control…and failing at it.

"You didn't-a tell us you were making us fly into a storm!" yelled Waluigi, holding on to one of the steering ropes for dear life.

"I'm not! I'm making you fly into the thing causing the storm!” Daisy said, pointing at the Koopa Cloud Cruiser spewing out storm clouds.

"This is-a not what I had in mind...when you said you were gonna pay us for a balloon ride." said Wario, "How...*gulp*...much are you paying us for this-a anyway?" he asked, barely holding it together.

Daisy pulled out a huge 500-coin from her pocket. "Will this do?" she offered with a wink. The Wario Bros' eyes widened comically with their pupils forming dollar signs. Daisy chuckled at their reaction.

"Well-a what are you waiting for, slowpoke? Bring us in!" yelled Wario with his signature toothy grin, instantly getting over his nausea.

"I’m on it, bro!" yelled Waluigi with his own impish grin, suddenly finding the strength to take full control. He dragged the ropes and pulled a few levers, causing them to head straight towards the Koopa Cloud Cruiser! "Brace for-a impact!"

*KERR-CRASH!!*

As the dust from the crash cleared, Daisy picked herself up off the now deflated balloon. She was surrounded by unconscious Goombas and a shocked Mario staring at the balloon. She smiled and waved. "Hiya, Mario! Fancy seeing you here!"

Mario also smiled and waved back. "Hello, Daisy! It's-a great to see you!"

Then his face shifted back into shock. "Daisy, behind you!" he suddenly said as more Goombas sneaked up behind Daisy.

Turning around, Daisy casually sent all the Goombas flying off the ship with a single backhand. "That was easy!” she said with a giddy smile. Mario tossed the other unconscious Goombas overboard, giving her a thumbs up.

"Ugh…another happy landing." mumbled Wario, crawling out from under the balloon. Then he held out his hand towards Daisy. "Okay, you got your balloon ride, so pay up!" Wario said.

Then he noticed Mario nearby. "Well if it isn't Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes himself-a. Here to save the princess or something?"

"Hey, looks like we got more company!" said a high pitched voice before Mario could reply. Yoshi came into the room, noticing the new faces. "Hi, Daisy!" he greeted. "Hi, Yoshi!" Daisy greeted back.

"Sure, greet her but ignore us." Waluigi drawled as he also crawled out from under his balloon.

"*AHEM!*" Wario gained everyone’s attention and held out his hand again, awaiting payment. "Hmmm..." Daisy thought of something. "Hey, how about you guys help us take down Bowser too?"

"Oh no you don't-a!" Waluigi snapped, crossing his arms. "You said you wanted a balloon ride and-a made us go into a storm! No way you can talk us into anything crazier than that."

"How about for double?" Daisy said, pulling out two 500-coins.

Now, the Wario Bros had started to sweat as they considered if the price was worth the trouble.

"Triple?" Daisy pulled out a third.

Greed overtook common sense. "YOU GOT IT!" the Wario Bros yelled, jumping and striking a pose in unison.

"Hey Mario, I found-oh mama-mia, where'd-a you guys-a come from?" said Luigi, walking into the room and finding 3 more people.

One, in particular, caught his eye. "Oh...H-hi Daisy..." he waved shyly.

"Heya sweetie, happy to see me?" Daisy winked at Luigi, making him blush profusely.

"What did you find, Luigi?" asked Yoshi.

"Oh! Well, I found a way to the top floor." Luigi informed. "Really? That's-a great!" Mario said. "Where is it?"

"That's-a the problem." Luigi continued, "The only way I found was-a through the engine room, which is pretty heavily guarded. And it leads up to the Storm Drive itself."

"Storm Drive? Cool name, I gotta say" remarked Daisy. "Wah. I could think of a better one." muttered Waluigi.

"Well we have to stop the Storm Drive anyway, and all of us together can handle anything, so let's-a go. Lead the way, bro." he told Luigi.

"Okay. Follow me, everyone." Luigi said, walking out and into a big room filled with huge mechanical parts moving to propel the ship.

The room was also filled with Rocky Wrenches and Koopas. One of them noticed the intruders and called the others to action as they attacked the heroes!

A Koopa tried to punch Mario but he simply jumped over him and stomped him out of his shell. Then he kicked the shell at the other Koopas charging at him, knocking them over like bowling pins!

Another Koopa tried sneaking up on him, but froze when Mario turned around. “No you don’t-a!” Mario then knocked him out of his shell with an uppercut, right into the other shell-less Koopa, knocking them both out!

Suddenly, he saw a group of Koopas Troopas charging at him. Before he could react, they were all knocked aside by Luigi surfing on a shell!

“Bravo, Luigi!” Mario said as Luigi hopped off the shell and joined him.

But soon they were surrounded by a dozen more Koopa Troopas! “What do we do now?!” Luigi panicked.

Mario had an idea, “Remember Spin Bros?” he asked, stretching his arms out. “Sure do!” yelled Luigi, jumping into his arms before Mario spun him around, knocking the Koopas out with Luigi’s legs. Then he threw Luigi right into a group of Rocky Wrenches, sending them flying!

Meanwhile, a group of Koopa Troopas climbed onto each other and started a combined Shell Spin attack, coming right at Daisy who only grinned with anticipation.

“Aw yeah! Bring it!” she intercepted the attack with a Crystal Smash, breaking their formation and knocking them all out!

Then she jumped up and spiked one of the falling Koopas right through another group, knocking them out too! “Nice!” she pumped her fist in celebration.

Some Rocky Wrenches tossed their wrenches at Yoshi, but he ducked under them and swallowed one, turning it into an egg. He dodged a few more volleys and amassed a large number of eggs.

Then Yoshi fired a volley of his own, battering the Rocky Wrenches with eggs and knocking them out cold!

Another group of Rocky Wrenches tossed their wrenches at Wario, but they just bounced off harmlessly as he blocked them. “That all you got-a?” Wario taunted, “Try this!” he yelled, using his Shoulder Bash to charge through them and knock them all out!

“Come on, hit me!” Waluigi urged some Rocky Wrenches to attack him. But instead of throwing their wrenches, they simply charged at him. Waluigi interrupted their charge with a sweep kick, causing them to trip and drop their wrenches. He quickly snatched one and whacked them with it, knocking them out! “Too easy!”

"OK, that’s the last of them, guys," remarked Luigi, looking around at all the fallen minions. "Let’s-a throw them overboard so they don’t-a bother us again.” he opened a window as everyone gathered them up and threw them out into the sea. By now, there was a huge pile of unconscious minions on the shoreline.

“Here’s the way to the Storm Drive” Luigi said, leading everyone to a door at the end of the hall. “But the door’s-a locked.”

"Bah, who needs keys to open doors?" remarked Wario. "Lemme show you how it’s-a done! WAAAH!" he yelled as he pulled the door right off its hinges!

"Heh heh heh! After you." Wario gestured forwards as everyone went in.

Inside the chamber was a huge elevator with a sign next to it. "It says-a here this leads up to the Storm Drive's core.” Mario said, reading the sign. “You guys-a ready to head up?" The others nodded in response, all ready to get rid of the Storm Drive right away.

"Well then, let's a go!" said Mario, stepping onto the elevator, which suddenly set off an alarm! "Oopsie! Let's-a hurry!" Everyone scrambled onto the elevator as it began going towards the Storm Drive's core...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Argh! Impossible! How could they have gotten to the core when I saw them get blown away myself?!" Ludwig screamed over the blaring alarms and the loud bickering of his siblings.

Peach simply smiled in relief, her heroes didn't fall off after all, and they were going to stop this diabolical Storm Drive!

"QUIET!!" yelled Bowser, causing the Koopalings to settle down. "They might have made it up there, but that doesn't mean we've lost yet. You guys keep handling the ship," He got up from his throne "Junior and I will take care of em."

"Heck yeah! Finally, some action!" was Bowser Jr's response as he hopped off his throne and followed his father to an ominous looking elevator.

Peach's concerned gaze followed them as the elevator went upwards, she could only hope that the heroes could defeat them.

Meanwhile, the heroes had arrived at the room containing the Storm Drive’s core: A huge machine powered by a mess of wires sprouting out of it and going into the floor, most likely connected to the Crystal Stars. There was also a huge tube leading up to the stone head at the top. Finally, it had a small motor on it that was connected to four other motors in the corners of the room.

"Okie Dokie, if we can shut this off, the storm-a should shut off too." Mario said. "But how are we gonna do that?" asked Yoshi.

"Maybe if we destroy this thing, the Storm Drive will lose connection to the Crystal Stars?" Luigi suggested.

"Whoa, what? The Crystal Stars are in here?" asked a surprised Daisy. Wario and Waluigi were just as surprised. "Yep, and they’re powering this crazy thing.” Mario explained. “So let-s a hurry up and-“

"Destroy it?” Bowser’s deep voice finished. Another elevator had arrived from the core, containing Bowser and Bowser Jr! “You'll have to get past us first, Loser Bros!" Bowser Jr. finished, grinning at the heroes.

"Looks like you brought some more friends too. Great! That means we can clobber you all at once!" Bowser jeered, pounding his fists together.

"Do you seriously think you two can take us all on in a fair fight?" challenged Daisy, getting into a fighting stance with the others following suit.

"Nope." Bowser Jr replied, confusing the heroes. "But this isn't a fair fight!" he smirked, pulling out a remote and pressing a button. Suddenly, a robotic arm popped out of the central machine and dragged the elevator upwards, suspending it in the air.

Then, the motors on the corners of the room started working as the whole room started spinning without warning! The heroes, not expecting this, all stumbled around, fell over and started smacking into the walls and into each other!

Mario managed to stand on the spinning floor without falling over. But before he could do anything else, Bowser Jr spat a fireball at him!

He rolled out of the way quickly, only to collide with Wario, sending them both tumbling! They had no time to recover as both Bowser and Jr started shooting fireballs at them, forcing them to dodge.

Yoshi slurped up one of Bowser's fireballs and was ready to fire back at him. But disoriented by the spinning floor, he missed his shot completely!

Suddenly he spun right into Bowser! “C’mere, Dino Twerp!” Bowser roared, grabbing Yoshi and holding him up in front of Jr. as he started punching Yoshi in the face!

“Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow!” Yoshi yelped before Bowser finished him by slamming him into the floor, knocking him unconscious!

Seeing the villains distracted, Luigi got an idea. He started running in the opposite direction of the spinning floor to get closer to them.

The villains were seemingly unaware as he approached, but when he got close, Bowser turned around and grabbed him! 

"Running the other way won’t make you invisible, Green 'Stache." Bowser taunted before throwing him into a wall! "Owww...mama-mia..." Luigi groaned.

Looking at the robotic arm, Daisy also thought of something. She quickly jumped onto it before hammering away at it with her fists. Then, with one last punch, the machine snapped off entirely!

"Wooo!" Daisy whooped...only to see another robotic arm had replaced it! "OH COME ON!!" she shouted in frustration.

"Don't bother trying that again, missy!" Bowser said. "Yeah, this thing's got dozens of arms!" Jr. added before blasting her with a fireball, burning her dress.

"Yowch! My dress! You'll pay for that!" Daisy screamed as she sprung into the elevator!

Noticing that the villainous duo was busy struggling to keep Daisy from beating their heads in, Waluigi hopped onto the central machine.

He noticed the smaller motor right under him. He figured if he could break this thing, the floor would stop spinning. But how could he do that? Eventually, he got an idea.

"Hey, teste di cacca! Over here!" Waluigi shouted at the villainous duo. He immediately got their attention as the elevator swiveled towards him, throwing Daisy off. Both Koopas looked livid.

"WHAT'D YOU CALL US, SHRIMP?!" they yelled, firing straight at Waluigi, just as he expected.

Waluigi jumped out of the way quickly and the fireballs hit the small motor, destroying it! Suddenly, arm holding up Bowser and Jr’s elevator swerved wildly, sending them flying into a wall! The floor slowed to a halt as the Koopas fell onto it in a crumpled heap. To make it worse, the elevator fell off the arm and landed right on top of them!

"Yeah! Way to go, Waluigi!" cheered Mario and Daisy. Luigi got up and gently shook Yoshi awake. "You OK, Yoshi?" "Huh? What'd I miss?" Yoshi said groggily. "Nice choice of words, bro." commented Wario, snickering.

"Alright-a Bowser. This time you can't-a pull any cheap tricks! Give up-a now and hand over the princess!" demanded Mario, his companions all rallying behind him.

"GRRRR!! We’re not done yet!" spat Bowser, throwing the elevator off them.

“Yeah, let’s see how you like this!” added Bowser Jr, getting up and pressing another button on his remote.

This time, the central machine itself started to glow before suddenly electrocuting the heroes! The heroes screamed in pain as bolts of electricity raced through their bodies! Bowser and Jr simply watched with cruel smiles on their faces.

After a few more agonizing moments, the shocks subsided. The heroes all collapsed in front of the machine, too exhausted to get up.

"Now we could just leave you here, but I think I'll knock you out and lock you up." gloated Bowser.

"And then you'll get to watch us destroy Peach's precious castle! HEHEHE-HEE!" finished Junior with a cackle.

"You said it, Junior! GWA HA HA HA!!" Bowser laughed as he began charging up a massive fireball, and the heroes were powerless to stop it!

Just as it seemed all hope was lost, Wario got an idea. “Wario Waft time, baby!” he said, building up gas in his gut.

"Any last words, buckos?" asked Junior, charging up his own fireball.

"Yeah," Wario replied just as they fired...

"HAVE A ROTTEN DAY!!!"

*PHFFFFFRRRRRRTT!!!!*

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!*

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 1: A Bright and Stormy Day (Part 4):

Hide contents

A massive explosion suddenly rocked the entire Koopa Cloud Cruiser!

"NOOOO!!! The Storm Drive Core!" Ludwig yelled in horror as his siblings ran around, panicking. "Without the core to stabilize it, it could unleash the full power of the Crystal Stars! How could this happen?!"

As if on cue, Bowser and Bowser Jr fell through the ceiling and right in front of Ludwig.

"Father! Junior! We're in serious trouble! With the core gone, the Storm Drive could tear the ship apart!" Ludwig urgently informed before noticing his father and his little brother weren't listening. They were out cold!

“Everyone! Help me get them out of here, we need to escape!” Ludwig barked at his siblings. They quickly stopped panicking and scrambled to assist.

Suddenly, the Mario Bros and their companions also fell through the ceiling, landing near Peach. "Guys! Thank goodness you're alright!" Peach said.

"Of course we are, Princess!” replied Mario. "I'm-a getting you outta here." he continued, breaking the lock and releasing Peach from the cage. Free from her prison, Peach jumped out of the cage and kissed Mario on the cheek, causing him to blush.

Then Peach turned to face the heroes with a joyful smile. "Thank you all so much for saving me. I was feeling so cooped up!" Peach said, grateful to be freed at last. "Oh, but what about the Koopalings, aren't they right here?"

"Yeah, but they're-a too busy trying to drag the 'teste di cacca' outta here" Wario said, smirking at Waluigi. Mario and Luigi simply shook their heads in exasperation.

But before they could leave, Morton noticed them and grabbed Peach!

“Hey! Don’t even think about escaping! The whole point of our plot was to kidnap you and make you watch as we crushed your cruddy castle, pillaged your puny people and trampled your tiny town! Well this time anyway since King Dad always changes his reasons for kidnapping you, but whatever the reason is this time, there’s no way we’re just gonna let you-GAH!”

The Koopaling was suddenly knocked down by a powerful slap from Peach herself! “That’s quite enough!” she shouted.

“Forget her, Morton! We need to escape!” Ludwig yelled, helping his siblings lift Bowser. Morton got up and briefly glared at Peach, but quickly ran back to help the other Koopalings as they carried Bowser and Jr. away.

Peach calmed down and blushed at her own sudden outburst. “Sorry about that, I lost my temper.”

“No probs, Peach, it was pretty cool, actually.” replied Daisy with a grin, “But anyway, Blue-wig’s got a point, we should probably ditch this place before-“ she was suddenly cut off as the storm winds ripped off the entire roof of the room! The winds swirled upwards as they only seemed to get stronger!

"I've got a bad feeling about-a this." whimpered Luigi. "We gotta get out of here before the storm eats us alive!" Luigi said, as the Koopalings finally escaped with their father and brother in tow.

"Right, balloon's-a this way. C’mon!" yelled Waluigi, taking off down to the lower floors with everyone following closely. They soon reached the room where the balloon crashed. Waluigi then pulled out a bicycle pump and struggled to pump it.

"Outta the way!" Wario shoved his brother aside and quickly pumped the balloon up. Not questioning how a bicycle pump works on a hot air balloon, everyone jumped into it. Then Waluigi turned the engine on and the balloon flew off just as the storm winds tore the rest of the room to pieces!

The storm winds suddenly seemed to cease as everyone sighed in relief. The balloon, now unhindered by the wind, started floating away from the Koopa Cloud Cruiser quickly.

Peach glanced back to see a large Koopa Clown Car also escaping, carrying the Koopalings along with the unconscious Junior and Bowser.

She was glad that her enemies weren't in mortal danger. Sure they were evil, but even they didn't deserve to be stuck in there. The rest of the cruiser’s crew was currently washed up on shore so they would be alright too.

But then she looked at the fortress itself and gasped. "Everyone, look!" Everyone else turned to follow her gaze as well, their eyes widening in terror.

The storm was tightly spinning around the Koopa Cloud Cruiser, shredding almost all of it to pieces with the sheer force of the wind!

Soon, only the Storm Drive itself was kept intact, with the cloud-spewing head bending to face upwards as the winds carried it higher and higher. The swirling storm then formed into a funnel-like shape as the head suddenly stopped producing more clouds.

Then the Crystal Stars flashed bright enough to light up the whole sky, and suddenly-

*KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!*

The Storm Drive violently exploded! What remained of it unleashed a massive beam of energy into the sky! And then-

*BZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!!!!*

The machine containing the Crystal Stars also exploded! The artifacts were shot up through the beam as it tore through the funnel-shaped storm, opening huge a portal!

*FZZZOOOOOSSHHH!!*

Some of the Crystal Stars went through the portal, and the others were sent flying across the land, some even joined by other mysterious objects that came flying out from the other end of the portal.

Right after this, the beam disappeared, the portal closed and the whole disastrous display seemed to end. What remained of the Koopa Cloud Cruiser fell down to the sea, no longer held up by the wind. The storm clouds quickly disappeared as the sky went back to its sunny state. It was like the storm was never there at all! The terror of the Storm Drive was finally over!

"WAHOOO!! We did it! So long-a, Storm Drive!" cheered Mario in celebration, with Luigi, Daisy, Peach and Yoshi also joining in.

"Hoo, that's a relief-a." Wario said, "I never want to ride into a storm again."

"Speaking of which" Waluigi interjected. "I believe you owe us 1500 coins.” he said, giving Daisy a sly grin.

Daisy smiled, rolling her eyes, "Deal's a deal. And you guys actually helped out, so it's only fair, buuuut, you have to take us down to Peach's Castle first."

"Sure. We're headed there anyway" Waluigi shrugged, this time having no complaints.

"Ah what the heck, might as well pay you now." Daisy changed her mind, tossing the coins into Waluigi’s waiting hands. The Wario bros laughed triumphantly and struck another pose before setting their balloon to land at Peach's Castle.

"Thank you all so much once again for saving me, my castle and my kingdom from Bowser!" Peach said as they landed.

"I'll always be there when you need me, Princess." Mario replied with a warm smile. "And everyone else, too. We'd-a never let anything happen to you, your castle or your kingdom. We all-a care about you very much."

"Oh, Mario..." Peach murmured with a warm smile of her own.

"*AHEM!*" Wario interrupted loudly. "We've landed and we got our payment, so scram!" he said, pointing outside at the castle just nearby.

"Okay, okay we're-a leaving! Hahaha!" Mario chuckled as everyone got out, only leaving Wario and Waluigi.

The balloon then started floating away. "Thanks for the coins though!" Wario shouted from above. "And don't forget to invite us to the next party or sporting event!" Waluigi added as the balloon flew off.

"Those two are a handful but at least it's easy to pull their strings!" Daisy commented, shaking her head. "Anyway, there's still plenty of daylight left." she continued, now looking up and smiling at the beautiful sunny sky.

"I'm headed back to the beach. Feel free to join me! Toodles!" she said, running off towards Cheep-Cheep Beach. "Hey, that sounds great! Wait for me, Daisy!" Yoshi yelled, running after her.

"Well, a day at the beach sounds lovely after being locked up in that dusty cage." Peach said. "But let's go tell Toadsworth first. He's probably worried sick!"

"Sure thing, Princess!" Mario said before turning to Luigi. "Let's-a go!" "Okie Dokie!"

The three of them went into Peach's Castle to pay Toadsworth a visit. Even though the kingdom's people were used to Bowser's kidnappings, poor Toadsworth always worried endlessly whenever it happened.

Seeing Peach again though, all his worries were washed away as he tearfully embraced his surrogate daughter.

"My dear Princess, thank heavens you're alright! I was so worried! Oh, goodness me..." he continued to blubber, fussing over Peach.

"Oh, calm down, Toadsworth. You know that Mario, Luigi, and the others always save me when there's trouble." Peach said, patting the old man's back.

"Ah, of course. Thank you so much, Masters Mario and Luigi." Toadsworth said to the bros, "Please give my thanks to all your wonderful friends as well."

"Okie dokie, Toadsworth!" Mario and Luigi nodded.

"Toadsworth, would you mind handling things here so we can go to the beach?" Peach asked.

"Of course not! Go ahead, Princess, and have fun!" said Toadsworth, waving at the trio as they went to join Yoshi and Daisy at the beach.

Cheep-Cheep Beach was now safe once again. The beachgoers and lifeguards all cheered and thanked the heroes for saving them. Soon, the heroes joined them on the beach, finally unwinding after a long adventure.

With the storm gone and the skies cleared. It was once again a beautiful summer day in the Mushroom Kingdom and the heroes, lifeguards, and beachgoers were all having some fun in the sun. The sand shined and the sea sparkled as everyone enjoyed their weekend at Cheep-Cheep Beach.

End of Chapter 1: A Bright and Stormy Day

• 1 month later...

Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem (Part 1):

Hide contents

It was another busy day in the famous coastal city of Station Square. Sometime after the disastrous flooding caused by Chaos, G.U.N dispatched its Damage Control Crew to help with rebuilding and the city was quickly restored to its former glory. Things had soon returned to normal as the people started going about their everyday lives.

However, things were even busier than usual today as the Station Square Central Mall was having a huge weekend sale! The mall was full of people from all over Mobius looking to get some great deals.

The staff struggled to keep up as crowds of humans and Mobians rushed in and out of dozens of shops, carrying shopping bags full of all sorts of things.

Despite the hustle and bustle and the hectic rush of the weekend sale, the people remained cheerful. There were smiles all around as everyone enjoyed their day at the Station Square Central Mall.

One notable shopper was a pink Mobian hedgehog carrying a bunch of shopping bags. It was none other than Amy Rose. She was also accompanied by her best friend Cream the Rabbit and Cream’s pet Chao, Cheese.

“Are you sure you don’t need any help with those, Amy?” asked Cream, giving Amy a concerned look. “Chao-Chao!” added Cheese, just as concerned.

“It’s okay, you two. I got this. I’m pretty strong y’know!” Amy brushed off their concerns.

“Well, there’s no arguing that!” Cream replied with a giggle. But she still looked concerned as they walked along “But shouldn’t I at least carry my things?”

“Nope!” Amy replied cheerfully. “That’s why we came here together, silly! So I could help you out with your shopping!” She turned to Cream with a bright smile. “What are friends for?”

“Aw. Thanks, Amy!” Cream said, now smiling too.

“You’re welcome! Now what is it you needed from here again?” asked Amy as they went into another store. “Oh yeah. Mama said she needed a-“

*CRAAASH!!*

Suddenly there was a loud crash coming from the mall’s center! Amy, Cream, and Cheese exchanged looks and nodded before running off to investigate.

There was a large metal box embedded into the floor of the central area. The box had a distinct logo of a grinning face with goggles and an oversized mustache. It was the logo of Dr. Ivo Robotnik, better known as-

“Dr. Eggman!” Amy yelled. “That mad scientist is always ruining people’s days!” “What could be in that box?” Cream asked as she and Cheese stared at it cautiously. On cue, the top of the box popped open! A large monitor rose out from the box and the display lit up to reveal the doctor himself.

“Ohohoho! Greetings people of station square!” Eggman said. “How’s the weekend sale going? Find any good deals?” he asked mockingly. “Because have I got a deal for you!” he said as the box suddenly released a horde of tiny drones!

Instead of attacking anyone directly though, they flew onto a bunch of electronics and appliances in different stores. “I’m giving you a whole batch of these Magnetizing Modules!” Eggman started his spiel.

“They can create and manipulate magnetic fields to take apart and reform anything with enough metal in it.” he continued as the drones started taking a bunch of appliances and electronics apart.

“For example, they can provide an upgrade to your products, turning them into evil robots!” Soon, they formed into various robots that started wreaking havoc all over the place! “And the best part, they’re absolutely free! Quite a deal, eh? Ohohohoho!”

“You won’t get away with this, Eggman!” Amy shouted, pointing at Eggman on the screen.

“Why if it isn’t Amy and Cream!” Eggman greeted them jovially. “And I see you’ve brought along your pet Chao…uh…what’s his name again? Peas?”

“His name is Cheese!” Cream corrected. “Chao Chao Chao!” yelled a peeved Cheese.

“Bah, whatever.” said Eggman, waving his hand dismissively. “Anyway, if you two think you can stop my Magnetizing Modules, then you better hurry up.” He grinned.

“Because by now, they’ve probably taken over the entire mall! You’ll never get them all, but feel free to try! Nya-hahahahaha!!” Eggman laughed as the screen turned dark.

“C’mon, you two, let’s go!” Amy whipped out her Piko-Piko Hammer and rushed into an electronics store.

“You go ahead, Cheese, I’ll catch up.” Cream said to Cheese as he took off after Amy.

Looking around, Cream noticed a lone security guard, a pink Mobian dog, cowering from a microwave robot. She destroyed it with a jumping stomp before getting the guard’s attention.

“Excuse me, mister.” She said to him. “Could you please watch our bags?”

“Uh...s-sure, kid.” “The guard said nervously, taking the bags from her.

“Thanks, mister! We’ll come back later!” Cream said, flying off after Amy and Cheese while the guard retreated to a corner of the mall.

“First day on the job and things just had to go crazy! I am never working here again or my name’s Chris Thorndyke. And it’s not!” He said to himself as the robots continued their assault.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A large stove-robot was threatening people with makeshift flamethrowers, forcing them to kneel. It was accompanied by toaster-bots armed with whips.

Suddenly, the toaster-bots were smashed by Amy with a powerful swing of her hammer, leaving only broken parts and crushed Magnetizing Modules!

The stove-bot turned towards Amy and tried using its flamethrowers on her, but then Cheese slammed into it, knocking it over!

Before it could get up, Cream landed on its head with a kick, breaking the Magnetizing Module and causing it to fall apart!

“Okay, everyone. You should be safe now.” Amy said to the hostages as they got up.

“I didn’t see any robots in the food court.” Cream recalled. “Maybe they’ll be even safer there?”

“Good idea, Cream.” Amy replied before turning back towards the hostages.

“You guys head towards the food court, we’ll take care of these things!” she said. “Of course! Thanks for saving us!” one of the hostages said as they all scrambled out of the store.

“Maybe one of us should go stay there to make sure they’re safe?” suggested Cream.

“Chao-Chao-Chao!” Cheese volunteered to do it. “Okay, but be careful.” Cream said to him as he flew off too.

“Alright, Cream! Let’s go!” Amy said, running off towards the many stores being attacked by robots. Cream followed closely behind.

The mall’s security guards were doing a decent job at dealing with the smaller robots, but they weren’t a match for the larger ones. So Amy and Cream decided to take care of those first.

They swiftly went from store to store, fighting a dishwasher-bot with a plate launcher, a refrigerator-bot with a freeze ray and a few more improvised robots.

Finally, their last encounter was a TV-bot. However, this one had a deadly secret weapon…showing clips of Eggman dancing in the shower. Mercifully, he was at least wearing swimming trunks.

“Trust me Cream, you do not want to know.” Amy said with a shudder, explaining why she had covered Cream’s eyes during the fight.

“Anyway, I think that’s the last of the big robots attacking the stores. So let’s-”

“Chaooo!” Amy was cut off by a terrified Cheese as he flew into the store and into Cream’s arms! “Cheese? What is it?”

“Chao-Chao Chao!” he said, leading Amy and Cream into the food court. What they saw there was the biggest robot they faced yet.

One of the Magnetizing Modules had taken over an animatronic of Perfect Chaos built into the food court’s fountain! It fired powerful jets of water everywhere as the people ran around panicking!

Suddenly, the robot fired a water jet right towards Amy and Cream! They barely dived out of the way and sized up their foe.

“How are we gonna fight that?!” Amy yelled, blocking another water jet with her hammer.

“If only Mr. Big or Gemerl were here…” Cream said wistfully. “Our team moves could have really helped!”

Unfortunately, Big the Cat was on a fishing trip while Gemerl’s body was still stuck in auto repair after a recent battle against Metal Sonic.

However, spotting a large umbrella, Amy had an idea. “Team moves! That’s it! Cream, Cheese, get ready for a Flower Festival!”

She let go of her hammer and quickly leaped onto the umbrella, dodging another water jet. Then she stood on her toes and held up her hands.

Cream and Cheese knew what to do and quickly flew over to Amy.

The three then struck a dazzling pose, releasing a burst of floral energy that completely destroyed the animatronic!

“We did it!” “Chao Chao!” “Yeah, way to go team!” the trio celebrated their victory.

Then they decided to go back to the central area. Eggman’s box once again popped out its monitor, showing Eggman looking a tad annoyed. “Wow. Didn’t think you’d clear the mall so fast.” he grumbled.

“Well we did, Eggman. You lost fair and square!” Amy said. “We defeated your army, so could you please just leave us alone now?” asked Cream, hoping to end the conflict quickly.

“Hah! Defeated my army? You really think I’d send nothing but a handful of drones?” Eggman asked rhetorically. “This was all just a distraction to keep you two busy.” he revealed before adjusting his camera. “Take a look!”

The footage showed Station Square Central Mall, surrounded by no less than hundreds of makeshift robots! “Ha-ha! How’s THIS for an army?” Eggman bellowed.

“Oh no! There’s so many! Can we really do this?” Cream lamented as Cheese whimpered.

“We won’t know till we try.” said Amy, giving the two a reassuring smile. “My Sonic wouldn’t give up even with these odds, so neither should we!”

“Right!” “Chao!" Cream and Cheese agreed as the three of them rushed out of the mall. 

• 1 month later...

Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem (Part 2):

Spoiler

When they got outside, they saw the army of robots lined up in front of them. Eggman’s egg-shaped hovercar, the Eggmobile, was floating above the army with a strange machine attached to its back.

Sitting in the cockpit was Eggman himself, arms spread in greeting.

“Well, hello there! Nice of you to finally join us!” he said. “Now that you’ve seen the army I’ve cooked up, why don’t you make things easier by giving up now?” he proposed.

“In fact, if you surrender, I promise I won’t hurt anyone. I’ll just enslave them and force them to work for me forever.” he said, grinning evilly.

“So what do you say? Will you accept this generous offer? Or do we have to do this the hard way?” he finished as a group of robots aimed their weapons at Amy, Cream, and Cheese.

All of a sudden, a line of robots violently exploded as a blue streak crashed through them at blinding speed!

It continued its assault until all the robots threatening Amy, Cream and Cheese were nothing but scrap metal!

“What the-?! How?!” Eggman sputtered as the blur slowed to a stop.

It was a blue Mobian hedgehog and the fastest thing alive, Sonic the Hedgehog!

“Hmmm…tough call there, Eggman.” Sonic said nonchalantly. “But the ‘hard way’ is pretty easy for me, so let’s go with that.” he finished with his signature cocky grin.

“SONIC!! My hero! I knew you’d come to save me!” cheered Amy with an infatuated smile, gushing about her not-so-secret crush.

“Gah! Amy? What are you doing here?” Sonic blanched a little at the overly adoring look she was giving him.

“Hi, Mr. Sonic!” Cream greeted as Cheese waved. “We’re here to do some shopping for the weekend sale.”

“Oh hey you two. Didn’t see you there.” Sonic replied, waving back at them. “Weekend sale, huh?” he added. “Right, totally forgot about that.” he finished with a lazy smile. 

“How mean of you, Sonic!” Amy pouted. “You’re supposed to help me with shopping! Boys usually do these kinds of things for girls!” she continued, stamping her feet.

“Ugh, here we go…” Sonic said as he resigned himself to listen.

“HEY! What are you guys chattering about?!” yelled Eggman, interrupting Amy as Sonic let out a sigh of relief. “I’m still here, you know!” the doctor hollered.

Then he turned his attention to his idle robots. “And what are you nincombots doing?!” he shouted at the robots below him. “GET THEM!!” he commanded, prompting a group of robots to raise their weapons.

But just as they prepared to fire, a large ball of electrical energy fell from the sky, shattering the robots to pieces on impact!

The assailant flew in from the sky, revealing himself to be a young Mobian fox with two propeller-like tails. It was Sonic’s best friend, Miles ‘Tails’ Prower!

“Bullseye!” Tails said with a grin. “The Energy Ball 2.0 works great!” he said, referring to the blaster on his arm, one of his many inventions.

“What took you so long, buddy?” Sonic asked teasingly as Tails ran over to join him. “Not everyone’s as fast as you, Sonic!” Tails replied with a chuckle as they high-fived.

“Hey, Tails!” “Hi, Tails!” “Chao Chao!” greeted Amy, Cream and Cheese respectively, all waving at him. “Hiya!” Tails waved back, putting his blaster away.

“Tails, if it’s not too much trouble, could you please convince Sonic that he should help me shop? Like most boys do for their girlfriends?” Amy requested.

“I don’t think that’s the case…” Tails muttered as Sonic just groaned in exasperation.

“WOULD YOU STOP IGNORING ME?!” yelled Eggman indignantly, shaking his fist at the heroes. Then he turned towards a huge robot with a wrecking ball.

“You there! Teach them a lesson!” he commanded. The robot complied and swung its massive wrecking ball straight towards the heroes!

But suddenly, a red echidna burst out from the ground just in front of the heroes!

Then he punched the wrecking ball hard enough to knock it right back into the robot’s Magnetizing Module, causing it to fall apart!

“Yeah! How was that?” said Knuckles the Echidna, pumping his fist at the robot’s remains.

“Nice one, Knuckles!” said Sonic with a grin. “Yeah, you totally saved us there!” said Tails with a relieved smile. “Thanks, Mr. Knuckles!” said Cream, Cheese chirping in agreement.

“Wow! They don’t teach you that in Boxercising! What’s your secret, Knuckles?” Amy asked, impressed.

“Just do a lot of push-ups and sit-ups. And make sure to drink plenty of juice.” Knuckles answered, nodding sagely.

“THAT’S IT! I’ve had enough of you ignoring me to have casual conversation!” screeched Eggman. “No more Mr. Nice Egg! All units, CHARGE!!” He pointed towards the heroes, causing the robots to all surge towards them!

“Alright, time to party! Let’s go!” Sonic called everyone to action as the heroes all split up before colliding with the army of robots.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem (Part 3):

Hide contents

As the battle raged on, the sheer numbers of Eggman’s robots seemed endless, but the heroes’ resolve remained unbroken as they tore up the army, bot by bot.

Sonic used his speed to tightly circle a group of projectile-firing robots while dodging their shots. “Hey guys, wanna see something cool?” He asked as he formed a circle of wind around them by running.

Then he grinded to a halt in front of them and snapped his fingers. “Sonic Wind!” Suddenly, the circle of wind formed into a full tornado that blew all the robots into the sky before they crashed, all busted up!

“Guess that was too cool for ya!” Sonic quipped with a finger wave before Spin-Dashing through another crowd of robots, destroying them.

Tails was using his Energy Ball to bombard the robots from the air. “This is pretty easy!” he remarked as he leisurely dodged their shots and fired back with his own.

Suddenly, he heard a whirring sound from behind and saw a bunch of buzzsaw wielding robots flying after him with propellers! “Yikes!” he flew away quickly.

But no matter how fast he went, they chased him relentlessly. “I can’t shake them! Hang on…” he got an idea, and started flying lower, headed straight towards a tall crane-robot as the propeller-bots continued to pursue him blindly.

Then, he pulled up at the last second, causing the propeller-bots to crash into it! The crane-bot toppled onto a bunch of other robots below, wrecking them all!

“I did it!” Tails said, landing to catch his breath. Then he pulled out his blaster again and got to work on the other robots.

Knuckles was punching robots left and right, breaking them to pieces. “So far so good.” Knuckles said, breaking a car-bot in half with an uppercut.

Suddenly, sharp metal spikes fell from the sky, landing around him! “Whoa! Where’d those come from?”

He looked up to see more propeller-bots, only instead of buzzsaws, they were armed with spike launchers! “Argh! Knock it off!” Knuckles dodged their spikes as he ran into a parking lot.

He quickly picked up an empty car, blocking a few shots. “Hope I don’t get a ticket for this.” he muttered before tossing the car at the propeller-bots with all his strength!

It was a direct hit! The propeller-bots were all destroyed as the car crashed right through them! “Gotcha!” Knuckles said before jumping back into the fray.

Amy was plowing through groups of robots with spinning hammer strikes. “I could do this all day!” she said merrily as another wave of robots fell.

Suddenly she noticed a shadow looming over her and turned around to see a huge steamroller-bot with a massive sledgehammer.

“Eek!” Amy barely scrambled out of the way as the massive hammer slammed down. Sizing up her foe, she spotted the vulnerable Magnetizing Module on its head.

Then she noticed her rabbit friend flying by. “Cream! Give me a boost!” she yelled.

“Okay, Amy!” Cream quickly hoisted her friend up into the air before tossing her towards the robot’s head.

Landing with a hammer strike, Amy crushed the robot’s head, causing it to fall over and collapse!

“Woohoo! We did it!” Amy shared a high five with Cream before she flew away. Then she readied her hammer and charged towards some nearby robots. 

Cream had managed to find a strategy for dealing with the spike-shooting propeller-bots. She and Cheese distracted groups of them, then they tricked them into shooting each other, taking them all out!

“Heeheehee! This is fun!” Cream giggled as another group of propeller-bots completely destroyed each other.

She finished off a few stragglers with ear strikes, but then the Eggmobile suddenly showed up! “Ahhh!” Cream squeaked in surprise as Eggman glared at her.

“That was quite clever, little girl.” Eggman admitted. “But how about this!?” he pushed a few buttons.

The rest of the propeller-bots flew to the ground and picked up a massive cement-mixer-bot, holding it aloft! “Get that rabbit!” Eggman ordered.

The flying cement-bot promptly started firing globs of cement at Cream. She dodged most of them, but one lucky shot pinned her to a building by the ears! “Ah! My ears!”

“Hey you flying tub of scrap!” yelled Sonic as the robot turned towards him. “Picking on kids is not cool!” he said. “You wanna hit someone? Try hitting me!” he ran off as the robot pursued him.

Meanwhile, Cheese arrived to help Cream remove the cement from her ears. But some of the cement had dried up, leaving Cream immobilized! “I’m stuck! Help!”

Amy, Tails & Knuckles quickly turned towards her. “Cream!” they yelled, seeing that she was in serious trouble!

Tails reared up to fly, but Amy stopped her. “Tails, wait! Use this!” she handed him her hammer. Tails then flew up to Cream while Sonic kept the cement-bot busy.

“Hold still, Cream! Hyah!” With a good swing of Amy’s hammer, Cream was freed!

But since her ears were still sticky with cement, she couldn’t fly!

“Waaah-oof!” Cream’s scream was cut off as Tails caught her. Cheese followed closely as Tails lowered her to the ground.

“Cream, are you alright?” Amy asked, rushing over to them while Cheese hugged Cream tightly. “I’m fine, Amy.” Cream reassured her, petting Cheese gently. Then she turned to look at Tails.

“Thanks for saving me, Tails.” she gave him a sunny smile. “N-no problem, Cream.” Tails nervously smiled back, blushing slightly.

Then, with a little help from Amy, Cream cleared the last of the cement off her ears.

Suddenly, Sonic appeared in front of them. “Great work, guys. But could you do something about Sir Spits-A-Lot up there?” he asked before speeding off again.

A cement glob hit the spot he was standing on as the flying robot continued to pursue Sonic.

“Don’t worry, guys. I got this.” Knuckles said, running up and jumping onto a building. He quickly climbed until he reached the top, then he jumped off and glided towards the cement-bot.

After landing on it, he destroyed the propeller-bots with a spinning hook. The cement-bot promptly fell down and crashed on the road, destroying it! “Done and dusted!” Knuckles said, standing on its remains.

Sonic slowed to a stop next to Knuckles as the others joined him as well. “Whew. Good riddance. That cement-puking clunker was almost as bent on chasing me as you!” Sonic said, smirking at Amy.

Amy quickly looked away, blushing. “Oh, come on! You know I don’t do that anymore!” she blurted in embarrassment.

Then, everyone turned to the remaining robots, still charging at them despite their dwindling numbers. Tails quickly gave Amy her hammer back as the heroes prepared to fight again.

“Alright, guys! Let’s finish em off!” Sonic boosted right towards them followed by the others and the two groups clashed once more.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem (Part 4):

Hide contents

Soon, Eggman’s entire army of improvised robots was reduced to nothing but scrap metal. The heroes turned their attention towards Eggman, who was strangely smiling despite his situation.

“Well, so much for your big army, Eggman. Dealing with them was a piece of cake! Even mowing my lawn was harder than that!” gloated Sonic.

“Heh heh heh…OHOHOHOHOHO!!!” Eggman suddenly burst out laughing.

“Whoa, what’s up? Did we defeat you so badly that you finally broke?” Sonic asked, confused by his foe’s amusement.

“Oh, nothing like that. I’m just imagining the looks on your faces when I show you that all your efforts…were all for nothing!” Eggman said, pressing a button on his cockpit.

The machine on the Eggmobile’s back then quickly unfolded and shifted around the Eggmobile, until the hovercar was contained in a huge mechanical head in the likeness of Eggman himself, mustache included.

The most notable part was the power source: a row of seven metallic pods on top of the head, connected by wires to the rest of it, each holding one of the seven Chaos Emeralds!

“The Chaos Emeralds!” Knuckles yelled.

“Going after those again? You’re always up to the same old tricks, Eggman!” remarked Sonic.

“Well, of course. I needed a power source for my latest and greatest world-conquering invention.” Eggman said, gesturing grandly towards the giant head. “The Magnetizing Matrix!”

“Now, about what I said earlier about your efforts going to waste…” he started with an evil grin. “Let me show you exactly what I mean with a live demonstration!” he pressed another button on his cockpit.

The Magnetizing Matrix started glowing brightly as the Chaos Emeralds pulsed with energy, powering it up. Then, multicolored waves of magnetic energy blasted out of it!

As the waves passed through all the wrecked robots, they instantly regenerated as if they were never destroyed! And now all of them were covered by shimmering shields!

“Behold! Not only are the robots good as new, but they are now protected by impenetrable magnetic shields!” Eggman said, looking over at all the shocked faces with a satisfied grin.

“Heh heh! I was right! Your faces are priceless! Hahahahahaha!!” he guffawed, slapping his huge belly.

“Why you no-good cheater!” Knuckles yelled, jumping up to the Magnetizing Matrix and trying to punch it!

Suddenly, his fist bounced off an invisible barrier, knocking him to the ground!

“You really think I’d leave myself unprotected? What a knucklehead!” Eggman mocked as Knuckles growled at him.

“Anyway, demonstration’s over.” Eggman said. “All units, ATTACK!!” he commanded, as the robots charged at the heroes once again.

The heroes stayed on the defensive, dodging or blocking attacks and looking for a way to break the shields. But no matter how hard they hit, the powerful barriers didn’t budge in the slightest!

“There has to be some kind of weakness…” Tails muttered, racking his brain for ideas. But while he was distracted, a bunch of robots cornered him!

“Oh no! What am I gonna do now!?” Tails panicked as the robots closed in!

But then he noticed two of them standing really close to each other. Their shields started fizzling before they panicked and distanced themselves. Could it be…?

“Hey, Eggman!” he yelled, turning towards the doctor.

“Huh? What is it, fox boy? Ready to give up?” Eggman taunted.

“Far from it, Eggman.” Tails started. “You see, while your plan’s pretty good on paper, it does have a weakness!”

“W-what are you talking about?” Eggman feigned ignorance, sweating nervously.

“Y-you might be smart, Eggman, b-but I’m smarter!” Tails continued, trying not to let his own nervousness show.

“You thought I wouldn’t figure out that your robots can’t get too close to each other?” Tails finished, pointing at Eggman with a shaky hand.

Eggman’s jaw dropped comically. “N-no way! How could you possibly know that the magnetic shields can backfire if they collide?!” he shouted in disbelief.

Tails’ fears quickly turned to relief. “Because you just told me, Eggman!”

Eggman’s jaw somehow dropped even further and he was rendered speechless!

Suddenly, Sonic boosted into the robots and pushed them into each other, causing their shields to fizzle and explode, taking them all out!

“Way to go, little buddy! You okay?” Sonic asked. 

“I’m fine, Sonic. Thanks!” Tails said, dusting himself off as the others rushed over too.

“I knew you could figure it out, Tails!” Amy said proudly. “You did it, Tails!” “Chao-Chao!” Cream and Cheese cheered.

“In your face, Eggman! Our little genius totally outsmarted you!” Knuckles boasted.

“Ahahaha! It was nothing really! I just used one of Eggman’s old tricks against him, that’s all!” Tails replied bashfully.

“Yes, I’ll admit I walked right into that.” Eggman grumbled, now finding words again. “But just because he fooled me once doesn’t mean-“

He was cut off as Knuckles threw one of the robots into a large crowd of them, taking them all out in a massive explosion! “You were saying?” he asked smugly.

“Never mind. Carry on.” Eggman sighed as the heroes continued to make the robots collide, taking out whole groups with massive chain reactions.

Soon, Eggman’s army was once again reduced to rubble. “Alright, Eggman. It’s game over for you.” Sonic said. “Even if you bring all the bots back, we’ll just blow em up again, so why don’t you just call it quits?”

“Not so fast, Sonic. I still have one last trick up my sleeve!” Eggman smiled deviously. “Get a load of this!” he yelled, pulling a big lever.

Suddenly, the Magnetizing Matrix flew high into the sky while rock music started blaring from it.

Then, the machine released more magnetic waves towards the broken robots. But instead of reforming, the parts flew upwards and started spinning around the Magnetizing Matrix in a whirlwind of scrap metal.

Then, thousands of parts combined into a colossal, brightly colored torso. The Magnetizing Matrix connected itself to it as the head.

Parts shifted around as the Chaos Emeralds were placed into an emblem on its chest, containing the core of the machine,

Protective armor formed around the core, covering it with a powerful magnetic shield. A fancy helmet also formed around the head, shielding the cockpit.

“WOW! This is just like one of my favorite shows!” Tails was transfixed on the transformation with a huge grin on his face.

Sonic however, just looked bored. “Man, this is taking forever. Do these transformations always have to be so long and dragged out?”

“Of course! The transformations are the best parts!” Tails responded passionately.

Sonic just sighed as the transformation dragged on, rock music still blaring. The rest of the parts slowly began forming into arms, legs, a sword and a jetpack as they combined with the torso and shifted around, making loud metallic sounds.

After what felt like hours to Sonic, the transformation was finally complete and the music stopped. Standing in front of them was an enormous full-fledged Mecha with Eggman’s mustachioed face, towering over the heroes!

“Tremble before my masterpiece! The Magnetizing Matrix Master Mecha!” Eggman declared as the gigantic robot struck a fabulous pose.

“That. Is. Awesome.” Tails whispered, staring at the robot in awe.

“Awesome or not, that’s still Eggman’s machine, Tails.” Knuckles reprimanded, causing Tails to snap out of it and smile sheepishly.

“Pretty impressive toy you got there.” Sonic quipped. “But was it really worth the wait?”

“Why don’t you see for yourself?!” Eggman yelled as the robot plunged its sword into the street.

Suddenly, a huge chunk of road started rising from the ground like a tidal wave! Eggman was magnetically controlling the entire street!

“Oh no! Run for it!” Sonic yelled, as the heroes tried to run the other way, only to find roads rising up from all around them! They were surrounded!

“Gotcha!” Eggman said, pushing the sword further into the ground. Then the roads around the heroes suddenly slammed together into a huge ball, trapping them!

“Haha! Considering how easy it was to trap you in a ball, I say it was well worth it!” Eggman gloated.

However, he couldn’t hear any panicked voices inside the road-ball. Something was amiss.

Eggman slowly unrolled the ball to check, only to find the heroes missing! “What?! Where’d they go?!”

“Over here, doctor.” said a gruff voice from the ground behind him, prompting Eggman to swivel the head around towards it.

Sure enough, standing behind the Mecha with his arms crossed was the Ultimate Lifeform, Shadow the Hedgehog!

The rest of the heroes were standing behind him, looking somewhat disoriented. That only meant one thing.

“Shadow! You used Chaos Control to teleport them away, didn’t you!?” he yelled, turning the entire Mecha to face him.

“He sure did. Got a problem with that?” asked a silky, feminine voice from the Mecha’s right shoulder. “I will give him bigger problems.” said a harsh, masculine and robotic voice next to it.

He turned the head around and saw the source of the voices. Standing on the right shoulder pad were Rouge the Bat and E-123 Omega!

“Long time no see, Eggman.” Rouge said with a teasing smirk. “I would have preferred if it was longer.” rumbled Omega.

“Get off my machine!” Eggman squawked. The Master Mecha’s huge hand moved to swat Omega and Rouge, but they just jumped off the shoulder pad and flew towards the others.

“Thanks for saving us, Mr. Shadow!” Cream said to Shadow, but he just grunted and looked away, making her frown.

“Oh don’t mind him, honey.” Rouge said, landing next to Cream. “That’s just his way of saying ‘you’re welcome’. Right, Omega?”

Affirmative. He is bad at expressing himself.” was Omega’s reply as he also landed.

Shadow turned and glared at his teammates in response. Rouge proceeded to do a mocking impression. Cream cheered up quickly, giggling at Team Dark’s antics.

“Hmph, looks like G.U.N finally sent you three after me. I’d be flattered if you didn’t interrupt my victory like that.” said Eggman from his Mecha. “But, you know what they say. The more the merrier! Since that means I can get you all out of my hair at once!”

“But Dr. Eggman, you don’t have any hair!” Cream said innocently.

“THE TIME FOR TALKING IS OVER!” Eggman yelled furiously. “It’s time to push buttons!” he said, mashing the controls and bringing his Mecha into a battle-ready pose.

“Alright, guys. Let’s take out Eggman’s magnetic machine once and for all!” Sonic said, charging up a Light Speed Attack as the others also prepared for battle. “Ready?”

“HERE I COME!” yelled Eggman, swinging his sword at the heroes as the heroes also charged towards the giant robot!

“GO!!” Sonic yelled, letting loose his Light Speed Attack, headed straight towards the cockpit!

Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem (Part 4):

Hide contents

Soon, Eggman’s entire army of improvised robots was reduced to nothing but scrap metal. The heroes turned their attention towards Eggman, who was strangely smiling despite his situation.

“Well, so much for your big army, Eggman. Dealing with them was a piece of cake! Even mowing my lawn was harder than that!” gloated Sonic.

“Heh heh heh…OHOHOHOHOHO!!!” Eggman suddenly burst out laughing.

“Whoa, what’s up? Did we defeat you so badly that you finally broke?” Sonic asked, confused by his foe’s amusement.

“Oh, nothing like that. I’m just imagining the looks on your faces when I show you that all your efforts…were all for nothing!” Eggman said, pressing a button on his cockpit.

The machine on the Eggmobile’s back then quickly unfolded and shifted around the Eggmobile, until the hovercar was contained in a huge mechanical head in the likeness of Eggman himself, mustache included.

The most notable part was the power source: a row of seven metallic pods on top of the head, connected by wires to the rest of it, each holding one of the seven Chaos Emeralds!

“The Chaos Emeralds!” Knuckles yelled.

“Going after those again? You’re always up to the same old tricks, Eggman!” remarked Sonic.

“Well, of course. I needed a power source for my latest and greatest world-conquering invention.” Eggman said, gesturing grandly towards the giant head. “The Magnetizing Matrix!”

“Now, about what I said earlier about your efforts going to waste…” he started with an evil grin. “Let me show you exactly what I mean with a live demonstration!” he pressed another button on his cockpit.

The Magnetizing Matrix started glowing brightly as the Chaos Emeralds pulsed with energy, powering it up. Then, multicolored waves of magnetic energy blasted out of it!

As the waves passed through all the wrecked robots, they instantly regenerated as if they were never destroyed! And now all of them were covered by shimmering shields!

“Behold! Not only are the robots good as new, but they are now protected by impenetrable magnetic shields!” Eggman said, looking over at all the shocked faces with a satisfied grin.

“Heh heh! I was right! Your faces are priceless! Hahahahahaha!!” he guffawed, slapping his huge belly.

“Why you no-good cheater!” Knuckles yelled, jumping up to the Magnetizing Matrix and trying to punch it!

Suddenly, his fist bounced off an invisible barrier, knocking him to the ground!

“You really think I’d leave myself unprotected? What a knucklehead!” Eggman mocked as Knuckles growled at him.

“Anyway, demonstration’s over.” Eggman said. “All units, ATTACK!!” he commanded, as the robots charged at the heroes once again.

The heroes stayed on the defensive, dodging or blocking attacks and looking for a way to break the shields. But no matter how hard they hit, the powerful barriers didn’t budge in the slightest!

“There has to be some kind of weakness…” Tails muttered, racking his brain for ideas. But while he was distracted, a bunch of robots cornered him!

“Oh no! What am I gonna do now!?” Tails panicked as the robots closed in!

But then he noticed two of them standing really close to each other. Their shields started fizzling before they panicked and distanced themselves. Could it be…?

“Hey, Eggman!” he yelled, turning towards the doctor.

“Huh? What is it, fox boy? Ready to give up?” Eggman taunted.

“Far from it, Eggman.” Tails started. “You see, while your plan’s pretty good on paper, it does have a weakness!”

“W-what are you talking about?” Eggman feigned ignorance, sweating nervously.

“Y-you might be smart, Eggman, b-but I’m smarter!” Tails continued, trying not to let his own nervousness show.

“You thought I wouldn’t figure out that your robots can’t get too close to each other?” Tails finished, pointing at Eggman with a shaky hand.

Eggman’s jaw dropped comically. “N-no way! How could you possibly know that the magnetic shields can backfire if they collide?!” he shouted in disbelief.

Tails’ fears quickly turned to relief. “Because you just told me, Eggman!”

Eggman’s jaw somehow dropped even further and he was rendered speechless!

Suddenly, Sonic boosted into the robots and pushed them into each other, causing their shields to fizzle and explode, taking them all out!

“Way to go, little buddy! You okay?” Sonic asked. 

“I’m fine, Sonic. Thanks!” Tails said, dusting himself off as the others rushed over too.

“I knew you could figure it out, Tails!” Amy said proudly. “You did it, Tails!” “Chao-Chao!” Cream and Cheese cheered.

“In your face, Eggman! Our little genius totally outsmarted you!” Knuckles boasted.

“Ahahaha! It was nothing really! I just used one of Eggman’s old tricks against him, that’s all!” Tails replied bashfully.

“Yes, I’ll admit I walked right into that.” Eggman grumbled, now finding words again. “But just because he fooled me once doesn’t mean-“

He was cut off as Knuckles threw one of the robots into a large crowd of them, taking them all out in a massive explosion! “You were saying?” he asked smugly.

“Never mind. Carry on.” Eggman sighed as the heroes continued to make the robots collide, taking out whole groups with massive chain reactions.

Soon, Eggman’s army was once again reduced to rubble. “Alright, Eggman. It’s game over for you.” Sonic said. “Even if you bring all the bots back, we’ll just blow em up again, so why don’t you just call it quits?”

“Not so fast, Sonic. I still have one last trick up my sleeve!” Eggman smiled deviously. “Get a load of this!” he yelled, pulling a big lever.

Suddenly, the Magnetizing Matrix flew high into the sky while rock music started blaring from it.

Then, the machine released more magnetic waves towards the broken robots. But instead of reforming, the parts flew upwards and started spinning around the Magnetizing Matrix in a whirlwind of scrap metal.

Then, thousands of parts combined into a colossal, brightly colored torso. The Magnetizing Matrix connected itself to it as the head.

Parts shifted around as the Chaos Emeralds were placed into an emblem on its chest, containing the core of the machine,

Protective armor formed around the core, covering it with a powerful magnetic shield. A fancy helmet also formed around the head, shielding the cockpit.

“WOW! This is just like one of my favorite shows!” Tails was transfixed on the transformation with a huge grin on his face.

Sonic however, just looked bored. “Man, this is taking forever. Do these transformations always have to be so long and dragged out?”

“Of course! The transformations are the best parts!” Tails responded passionately.

Sonic just sighed as the transformation dragged on, rock music still blaring. The rest of the parts slowly began forming into arms, legs, a sword and a jetpack as they combined with the torso and shifted around, making loud metallic sounds.

After what felt like hours to Sonic, the transformation was finally complete and the music stopped. Standing in front of them was an enormous full-fledged Mecha with Eggman’s mustachioed face, towering over the heroes!

“Tremble before my masterpiece! The Magnetizing Matrix Master Mecha!” Eggman declared as the gigantic robot struck a fabulous pose.

“That. Is. Awesome.” Tails whispered, staring at the robot in awe.

“Awesome or not, that’s still Eggman’s machine, Tails.” Knuckles reprimanded, causing Tails to snap out of it and smile sheepishly.

“Pretty impressive toy you got there.” Sonic quipped. “But was it really worth the wait?”

“Why don’t you see for yourself?!” Eggman yelled as the robot plunged its sword into the street.

Suddenly, a huge chunk of road started rising from the ground like a tidal wave! Eggman was magnetically controlling the entire street!

“Oh no! Run for it!” Sonic yelled, as the heroes tried to run the other way, only to find roads rising up from all around them! They were surrounded!

“Gotcha!” Eggman said, pushing the sword further into the ground. Then the roads around the heroes suddenly slammed together into a huge ball, trapping them!

“Haha! Considering how easy it was to trap you in a ball, I say it was well worth it!” Eggman gloated.

However, he couldn’t hear any panicked voices inside the road-ball. Something was amiss.

Eggman slowly unrolled the ball to check, only to find the heroes missing! “What?! Where’d they go?!”

“Over here, doctor.” said a gruff voice from the ground behind him, prompting Eggman to swivel the head around towards it.

Sure enough, standing behind the Mecha with his arms crossed was the Ultimate Lifeform, Shadow the Hedgehog!

The rest of the heroes were standing behind him, looking somewhat disoriented. That only meant one thing.

“Shadow! You used Chaos Control to teleport them away, didn’t you!?” he yelled, turning the entire Mecha to face him.

“He sure did. Got a problem with that?” asked a silky, feminine voice from the Mecha’s right shoulder. “I will give him bigger problems.” said a harsh, masculine and robotic voice next to it.

He turned the head around and saw the source of the voices. Standing on the right shoulder pad were Rouge the Bat and E-123 Omega!

“Long time no see, Eggman.” Rouge said with a teasing smirk. “I would have preferred if it was longer.” rumbled Omega.

“Get off my machine!” Eggman squawked. The Master Mecha’s huge hand moved to swat Omega and Rouge, but they just jumped off the shoulder pad and flew towards the others.

“Thanks for saving us, Mr. Shadow!” Cream said to Shadow, but he just grunted and looked away, making her frown.

“Oh don’t mind him, honey.” Rouge said, landing next to Cream. “That’s just his way of saying ‘you’re welcome’. Right, Omega?”

Affirmative. He is bad at expressing himself.” was Omega’s reply as he also landed.

Shadow turned and glared at his teammates in response. Rouge proceeded to do a mocking impression. Cream cheered up quickly, giggling at Team Dark’s antics.

“Hmph, looks like G.U.N finally sent you three after me. I’d be flattered if you didn’t interrupt my victory like that.” said Eggman from his Mecha. “But, you know what they say. The more the merrier! Since that means I can get you all out of my hair at once!”

“But Dr. Eggman, you don’t have any hair!” Cream said innocently.

“THE TIME FOR TALKING IS OVER!” Eggman yelled furiously. “It’s time to push buttons!” he said, mashing the controls and bringing his Mecha into a battle-ready pose.

“Alright, guys. Let’s take out Eggman’s magnetic machine once and for all!” Sonic said, charging up a Light Speed Attack as the others also prepared for battle. “Ready?”

“HERE I COME!” yelled Eggman, swinging his sword at the heroes as the heroes also charged towards the giant robot!

“GO!!” Sonic yelled, letting loose his Light Speed Attack, headed straight towards the cockpit!

Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem (Part 5):

Spoiler

As the people were watching the battle from inside the mall, Sonic suddenly crashed through a window, falling flat on his face! “Owww. Note to self, never use that attack on a magnetic shield.”

“Hey, are you alright?” asked one of the security guards, as Sonic got up and gave them a reassuring smile.

“Sure I am! Don’t worry folks, we’ll have this magnetic mayhem wrapped up in no time. Gotta juice!” he said before leaping back out the window.

Then, Sonic found himself on the mall’s balcony and saw Amy climbing up to it before she noticed him. “SONIC!!” she yelled, running up and glomping him, much to his chagrin.

“Don’t just rush in by yourself like that! You had me worried! I was just about to check on you too! Thank goodness you’re okay!” she fussed over Sonic, still hugging him tightly.

“Uhhh…I appreciate the concern.” Sonic said uncomfortably. “But we got bigger things to worry about.” he pointed in front of them where the heroes were all fighting against the Magnetizing Matrix Master Mecha.

Tails was flying around the giant robot, firing at it with his Energy Ball 2.0. However, the energy balls weren’t strong enough to punch through its armor, so his attacks had no effect.

Knuckles was tearing into one of its arms with his spikes, but any damage he did was being magnetically regenerated by the Magnetizing Matrix.

Cream and Cheese were flying behind the Mecha, looking for weak spots. Suddenly, the Mecha’s jetpack let out a cloud of smoke! The two were forced to retreat, coughing.

Shadow was skating around the robot with his Air Shoes and blasting it with Chaos Spears. Unfortunately, the robot simply regenerated any damage while Shadow charged his attacks, undoing his efforts.

Rouge flew around in front of the Mecha’s head, kicking it occasionally. She wasn’t doing much damage, but she was providing a great distraction.

“Hold still!” Eggman yelled as Rouge artfully dodged one of his sword swings. “You’ll have to try a little harder than that, doc.” she teased, swiftly kicking the robot’s nose before dodging another clumsy swing.

Annihilate!” Omega let out his battle cry as he recklessly fired all his weapons. Unlike everyone else, his attacks seemed to be having some effect as his excessive focused firepower was too much to regenerate. After enough concentrated fire, a large hole was blown into the Mecha’s left leg!

“Gah! What’s going on down there?” Eggman said, noticing the damage. He turned away from Rouge and saw Omega blasting away at it.

“Get away from there!” he said, rearing a foot up and sending him flying by firing up its sole-jets at him.

“And you!” he said, noticing Knuckles. He promptly stopped trying to dig into the arm and looked up, grinning sheepishly.

“Get off my arm!” Eggman said, flicking him off like an insect before turning back to ineffectively swat at Rouge.

After being flicked away, Knuckles collided with Tails, and they both tumbled onto the mall’s roof, rolling to the edge and nearly falling off!

Fortunately, they were caught by Amy and Sonic who had gone up to the roof. “Thanks, guys!” Tails said as Amy steadied him.

“We’ve gotta find some way to hit him where it hurts.” said Sonic.

“Yeah. Nothing really seems to be working so far.” Amy continued as Cream and Cheese joined them too.

“Sorry everyone, we couldn’t find any weak spots in the back.” Cream said.

“Great, what are we supposed to do, then?” grumbled Knuckles.

“We should probably focus on one part at a time.” said Shadow from right behind them as everyone turned towards him. “Omega managed to damage one of the legs this way.” Shadow pointed out a large hole blown into the robot’s left leg.

“Alright then, let’s focus on that damaged leg!” Sonic said, grinding down a water pipe and rushing towards the robot as the others followed.

“Haha! I have you now!” Eggman said, having finally caught Rouge. But then the other heroes approached, joined by a recovered Omega.

They all started attacking the damaged leg together, giving Rouge the chance to slip away.

“Hey! Stop that!” Eggman quickly tried to shake the heroes off, but they persistently kept up their attacks until the entire leg snapped off!

“GAAAAAHHH!!” Eggman screamed as the entire robot toppled and fell over with a deafening thud! But the battle was far from over.

“Keep your guard up, he’s not done yet.” warned Shadow as the robot’s jetpack started up. Then, in one strong burst, the robot flew into the air, completely unhindered by its missing leg!

“Hohohoho! Nice try, little pests!” Eggman gloated. “But even damage like this means nothing!” he said, pressing a button. Suddenly, the severed leg flew up to the Mecha and connected back into place!

“Well that was a waste of time!” Rouge huffed, landing next to the others as the Mecha hovered in front of them, Eggman’s laughter echoing from its speakers.

Then, Eggman swung his sword right at them! The heroes dodged the blade itself, but the force of the swing created a powerful shockwave, sending the heroes flying!

The heroes all crashed into the mall, landing in a big heap.

Total failure. His regeneration is too strong.” Omega said unhelpfully. “Wow, really? I didn’t notice.” Sonic snarked as the heroes climbed to their feet.

“Alright everyone, we’re gonna need a plan.” Knuckles said.

I have one.” Omega interjected, getting everyone’s attention. “Though it might be rather degrading.” he noted.

“What are you thinking of, Omega?” Shadow asked him.

I will convince Eggman to assimilate me into his inferior giant robot. Then I will take control and disable its defenses.” Omega explained.

“No way, that’s too dangerous! What if it takes over your mind?” Rouge said, concerned for her robotic friend.

Do not worry, that robot has no mind of its own to do so. And even if it did, I would still overpower it.” he asserted.

“Alright, Omega, I trust you.” said Shadow. He then turned to Rouge and nodded, convincing her wordlessly.

“Alright, but you better come out of this in one piece, you big tin can.” Rouge said as Omega gave a thumbs up.

The heroes then watched as Omega confidently walked outside towards the Magnetizing Matrix Master Mecha.

“Hm, what’s this?” Eggman pondered as Omega approached by himself without his weapons drawn. “Dr. Eggman, I have come to rejoin the Eggman Empire.” Omega said.

“What?! Omega, are you actually serious about this?” he asked in disbelief. “Yes…sir. Requesting permission to be assimilated.” Omega replied, kneeling down.

“Hoho! This is quite an unexpected surprise!” Eggman said, falling for Omega’s act. “You’re really going to give yourself up just like that?”

Just put me in your robot before I change my mind.” Omega barked, no longer feigning politeness.

“Alright, if you insist.” Eggman said, amused. “Welcome to the Eggman Empire! Nya-hahahaha!” he laughed as the Mecha’s free hand closed around Omega.

“Omega!” “Mr. Omega!” Rouge and Cream shouted in alarm.

Rouge nearly flew after him before she was held back by Shadow. “Rouge, wait! He knows what he’s doing.”

Rouge quickly relented, lips curving into a smirk at the close contact.  “Getting a little handsy there, Shadow?”

Shadow immediately let go of Rouge, but still kept a hand on her shoulder as they watched.

After Omega was fully absorbed, the Mecha turned towards the others.

“Now then, would anyone else like to join me too, or should I just get rid of you and be done with it?” Eggman said menacingly as he pointed the giant sword at the other heroes.

Suddenly, the Mecha’s other arm started bending and twisting unnaturally!

“What?! W-what is this?!” Eggman shouted in a panic as the arm suddenly seemed to gain a mind of its own!

Then, said mind revealed itself as the hand’s palm unfolded to reveal Omega glaring at him!

I would never consider rejoining your worthless empire, you miserable sack of cholesterol!” Omega shouted at the flabbergasted Eggman. “But you fell for my trick easily, so thank you for your assistance!

Omega proceeded to snatch the sword from the other arm before slashing the chest apart, exposing the Magnetizing Matrix’s core!

“No, stop!” Eggman struggled to take back control as the Mecha fell to its knees! “Mission successful! Defenses disabled!” Omega pumped his fist in triumph!

“Alright guys, let’s not waste our chance!” yelled Sonic, once again charging up his Light Speed Attack as everyone ran towards the core! “Ready?”

“GO!!” Sonic yelled, this time hitting the exposed core with a devastating barrage!

“Power Laser!” Tails yelled, overclocking his weapon to fire a powerful laser beam, blasting the core!

“ORA!!” Knuckles yelled, drilling into the core with his Spiral Uppercut!

“YAH!!” Rouge yelled, also drilling into it with her Screw Kick!

“Chao Cannon!” Cream yelled, charging Cheese up with energy and launching him at the core!

“Piko-Piko Tornado!” Amy yelled, spinning her hammer into a mini-tornado and striking the core!

Shadow jumped onto the core, charging up his Chaos energy. “Chaos Blast!” he yelled, releasing it in a powerful explosion!

By now, the core had sustained heavy damage and was covered in cracks, on the verge of going unstable!

“ENOUGH!” Eggman roared, finally regaining control of his machine. He flared up the Mecha’s magnetic field, knocking the heroes out of the core and Omega out of the hand!

Shadow skated over to Omega to check on him. “You alright, Omega?” “Negative. My pride has been severely damaged.”

“Yep, he’s fine.” Rouge said with a chuckle, landing next to them.

“You’re all going to pay for damaging my precious machine!” Eggman threatened. He pressed a big red button, setting the Magnetizing Matrix to full power!

Suddenly the heroes’ bodies seized up and they were held in place right in front of the Mecha, unable to move!

“Hey! W-what’s happening?!” Knuckles demanded as they struggled.

“We are being magnetically controlled!” Omega deduced. “But how? Last time I checked, you’re the only robot here!” Sonic yelled.

“Quite simple, Sonic!” said Eggman. “I just set the Magnetizing Matrix to full power, so it can now manipulate anything with even a single atom of metal in it, such as you! Hohohoho!”

“Now, say goodnight!” he yelled, raising a foot to crush the immobilized heroes! But before it could stomp, the robot seized up and started floating in the air. “Huh?”

Suddenly, the giant robot slammed itself onto the roof of the mall, contorting itself into a cannon-like shape with the unstable core pointing at the sky!

“W-w-w-what is this?!” Eggman yelled from the Mecha’s misplaced head as the entire building began pulsing with magnetic energy! Then, the Chaos Emeralds lit up in a bright flash and suddenly-

*KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!*

The Magnetizing Matrix Master Mecha violently exploded! “AIIIEEEEEE!!!” Eggman shrieked as the Eggmobile was sent flying into the distance!

What remained of the Mecha formed a funnel shape to channel a massive beam fired from the shattered core! And then-

*BZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!!!!*

The pods containing the Chaos Emeralds also exploded! The artifacts were shot up through the beam as it tore through the funnel of scrap, opening huge a portal!

*FZZZOOOOOSSHHH!!*

Some of the Chaos Emeralds went through the portal, and the others were sent flying across the land, some even joined by other mysterious objects that came flying out from the other end of the portal.

Right after this, the beam disappeared, the portal closed and the whole disastrous display seemed to end. To everyone’s surprise, all the objects formerly assimilated were miraculously restored to normal. It was like Eggman never attacked at all! The terror of the Magnetizing Matrix was finally over!

The heroes all celebrated their well-earned victory as the shoppers and security guards all came out of the mall, cheering and clapping!

“No problem, folks! Just another day for us!” Sonic said, posing victoriously along with the others as the people congratulated their heroes.

After a while, the mall staff quickly gathered up all the electronics and appliances, taking them back to the stores. Now that the magnetic mayhem was over, the Station Square Central Mall was once again open for business!

“Great! Looks like the mall’s still open!” cheered Amy. “Let’s go finish our shopping, Cream!” she said to Cream who happily hopped up to her alongside Cheese.

Then, Amy turned to everyone else. “You guys coming too? There’s a huge sale today, you can shop with us!”

“Oh, sure!” said Tails, eager to go. “I need to pick up some parts for the Tornado anyway.”

“I’d like to, but I should probably go check on the Master Emerald.” said Knuckles. “I got a bad feeling about it after that whole sky portal thing.”

“You’re so attached to that Emerald, sugar.” Rouge said playfully. “You sure you don’t want some company to guard it with you?” she offered.

“Nice try, bat girl.” Knuckles grinned in response. “But I know you’re just planning to steal it for yourself.”

“Ahaha, can’t blame a girl for trying.” said Rouge, turning away with a chuckle.

“What about you, Ms. Rouge?” asked Cream. “Do you want to come shopping with us?”

Negative. We must return to the extraction point to leave for HQ.” Omega replied, answering for her.

“Aw, but I was hoping to find some good deals on jewelry. We don’t get a sale like this every day you know.” Rouge complained.

“You could always come back after our report.” Shadow said as Omega walked up to him.

“Is that an offer to take me shopping later?” Rouge asked, sauntering over to him as well.

“Don’t push your luck.” Shadow replied grumpily, getting ready to use Chaos Control.

“Well, goodbye then.” Rouge waved at the other heroes. “See you around, Knuckie.” she winked at Knuckles just before Team Dark disappeared in a bright flash.

“Good grief that thief is a pain.” Knuckles remarked with a sigh. “Anyway, I should get going too. Later, guys.” he said before running off.

“So what about you, Sonic?” Amy asked sweetly as Sonic backed away. “Don’t you wanna come with us?”

“No way!” Sonic yelled. “A whole day of shopping with you? Count me out!” he said, preparing to boost away.

“Oh come on, Sonic. It can’t be that bad. Plus I’m going too.” Tails said encouragingly.

“Please, Mr. Sonic? Can’t you come with us?” Cream pleaded.

“Ugh. Gang up on me why don’t ya…” Sonic said before relenting with a sigh. “Fine, I guess I have nothing better to do.”

“I knew you’d agree, Sonic!” Amy smiled adoringly at Sonic, but it quickly deflated at seeing him miserable. She wanted Sonic to spend some time with her, but she never wanted to make him sad.

Then she had an idea. “Hey, Sonic. Tell you what, after a bit of shopping, we’ll all go for some chili dogs at the food court. My treat!”

“Huh, that sounds good. Sure, why not?” Sonic said with a grin, perking up at the mention of his favorite food. “That’s the spirit, Sonic!” Amy said, now happy at seeing her beloved Sonic smile again.

Then Amy and Cream went back to the mall with Sonic and Tails. Cream spotted the pink dog guard and they retrieved the bags from him. Sonic even agreed to carry Amy’s bags, much to her pleasant surprise.

Then, the heroes joined the other shoppers, happily going around and shopping. They also stopped by the food court later, getting some chili dogs for lunch.

Despite a massive battle happening minutes ago, the people still remained cheerful. There were smiles all around as everyone enjoyed their day at the Station Square Central Mall.

End of Chapter 2: Magnetic Mall Mayhem

• 4 months later...

Chapter 3: Meeting of the Evil Minds (Part 1):

Hide contents

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Dr. Eggman’s piercing shriek rang out as he was sent careening through the air!

The Eggmobile’s controls were disabled by the explosion, so all the doctor could do was scream in terror!

After a few miles, gravity finally claimed hold over the hurtling hovercar and it started to plummet! Eggman covered his eyes and braced for impact…

*CRAAAAAASSSHHHH!!!!*

If the Eggmobile wasn’t totaled before, it certainly was now. Eggman hung limply from the dislodged seat, groaning woozily.

“Now that was a landing! You okay, boss?” said a robotic voice from nearby.

Eggman regained his bearings and looked up through cracked glasses, seeing his loyal servants Orbot and Cubot.

“Do I look okay, you dumb-bots?!” Eggman snapped, trying to pry himself out.

Orbot was quick to respond. “Well technically, you seem to have no visible injuries, so-”

“Oh shut up and get me out of this thing!” Eggman interrupted as he struggled to remove his seatbelt.

Orbot and Cubot moved to help him and he was quickly hauled out of the totaled vehicle.

Conveniently enough, he’d landed right next to the gothic-inspired Egg Castle, his current base of operations. Saved him a long walk at least.

“I assume the mission was a brilliant success?” Orbot inquired sarcastically.

“Oh yes, I just crashed the Eggmobile to celebrate my victory.” Eggman snarked back.

Cubot however, was blind to it. “Wow! You really won this time, boss? Congratulations!” he whooped.

“I was being sarcastic, you dolt!” Eggman barked, smacking Cubot on the head.

“Grrraaaahh!! I just don’t get it! Why?! Why does nothing work?!” Eggman ranted. “Even the Magnetizing Matrix let me down! Urgh!” he kicked the trashed Eggmobile. “What will it take for me to best that blasted hedgehog?!” he shook his fist at the sky.

Then he noticed how filthy he was, the crash had left him covered in dust and dirt.

“Hmph, I need a shower.” Eggman said, absently wiping his bald head before stomping off towards his base.

“Make yourselves useful and get the Eggmobile to the repair bay.” he called after his minions. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks and tossed his broken glasses over his shoulders.

“And get me some new glasses. You know the ones I like.” he said before walking through the high-tech drawbridge over the moat of Mega Mack and heading into the castle.

“Huh, he really didn’t seem too mad this time. He didn’t even rant for twenty minutes!” Cubot commented as he and Orbot pulled the demolished Eggmobile from the crater.

“Maybe he’s getting used it.” Orbot muttered as they carried the wreckage across the drawbridge before it shut behind them with a slam.

Meanwhile, a mysterious star-shaped object was currently falling from the sky at blazing speeds, headed straight towards the Egg Castle…

“And then the storm thingy went and exploded and fired a huge beam and opened a huge portal and then some of the Crystal Stars flew into it and then it disappeared and then-“

“Alright Morton! We get the picture.” Bowser interrupted, rubbing his temples. Morton had been chattering non-stop on their journey back home, annoying the others to no end.

“Too bad nobody got to see it up close. All the minions were tossed overboard!” Lemmy said.

“They’ve probably been gathered up and imprisoned by now. We’ll have to inform Kamek after we arrive.” Ludwig added.

“Speaking of arriving, we’re almost there!” Bowser Jr. said with a grin, pointing forward at the familiar volcanic landscapes of Dark Land.

“Home sweet home!” Bowser grinned, taking in the comforting scent of sulfur and industrial smoke as they passed over their capital, Neo Bowser City.

The Koopa Clown Car soon landed on a helipad in front of an enormous, imposing castle fit for a Koopa King.

The massive gates of Bowser’s Castle swung open as Kamek came out to greet them.

“Welcome back, your Majesty!” Kamek said, bowing respectfully.

“Come on, old man! What’d I tell you about the boring titles?” Bowser reprimanded as he and the Koopalings disembarked the Clown Car.

“Ah, yes. Forgive my mistake, your Uncouthness.” Kamek said with a smirk.

“That’s more like it! BWAHAHAHA!!” Bowser guffawed, slapping Kamek on the back and knocking him down.

Kamek simply chuckled before getting up and following the others into the castle. A couple of Goomba guards shut the gate behind them with a slam.

“My condolences for our latest defeat.” Kamek said as they walked through the castle’s halls, getting salutes from nearby workers and guards.

“I watched the whole thing through my Crystal Ball, so I took the liberty of getting started on negotiations already.” he informed

“Ah good, I was just going to tell you about that.” Ludwig said.

“Apparently, they’ve invented a new method of returning captured minions to us.” Kamek continued, scratching his head. “They didn’t mention much, said it was a surprise.”

“Ooh, I love surprises!” Iggy hollered.

“Eh, don’t get your hopes up, Iggs. It’s probably even dumber than your storm doody.” Roy teased.

“It’s called the Storm Drive, pea-brain!” Iggy yelled before charging into the larger Koopaling who tossed him at another, starting another brawl as the rest joined in.

“Back at it already, eh? BWAHAHAHAHA!!” Bowser laughed at the ensuing chaos, this time doing nothing to stop his rambunctious children.

“Have fun, kids. I’ll be in my room.” Bowser said after a bit, trudging off to the Royal Quarters. “Kamek, you handle this.” he ordered before going into his room and shutting the door.

Kamek sighed in exasperation. “Why me?” he complained before summoning his magic broom and sitting on it to wait. But then suddenly-

*KABOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!*

A thundering explosion echoed through the halls! Kamek was knocked off his broom and the Koopalings froze mid-fight.

Soon, a panicked Dry Bones barged into the room. “Lord Kamek! Come quickly!” he yelled, gaining the old Magikoopa’s attention before running off down the hall.

Kamek adjusted his glasses, got on his broom, and flew off after the undead minion.

“What was that all about?” Bowser Jr. asked, upset at their fun being interrupted.

“Beats me, kid.” Larry replied before grinning. “Let’s find out!” he said, running off down the hall as the others followed.

What awaited them was the sight of destruction. And it wasn’t the fun kind either since it was their castle.

One of the castle’s huge rooms was completely devastated, with debris lying everywhere. There was a huge hole blasted into the roof, as if it got hit by a Banzai Bill

Finally, in the center of the room was a smoking crater in the demolished floor, with a glowing object embedded into it. Kamek was examining it while some minions were carrying other unconscious minions to the infirmary.

“What happened here?!” Morton gasped, for once at a loss for words.

“This happened.” Kamek replied, carefully extracting the mysterious artifact with his magic and levitating it in front of them. It was glowing white-hot with steam coming off of it.

“What is it?” Wendy said, staring at the object in awe as it cooled and lost its glow. It appeared to be a huge bright red gemstone shaped like a diamond.

“I’m not sure, but I can guess by the hole in the ceiling that this is the reason behind the mess.” Kamek said, examining it closely. “It must have crashed here from the skies, causing an explosion on impact.” he noted.

“But the gem is still intact.” Ludwig also noted. “Which means the explosion came from more than just an impact.” he deduced.

“Would you mind if I borrowed this for some experiments, Kamek?” Ludwig asked.

“Oh! Me too, me too! I wanna experiment too!” Iggy said, jumping up and down.

“Well, as long as you promise not to make a mess like this again.” Kamek gestured towards the ruined room. “I don’t see the harm.” he said.

Iggy immediately sprung forward to take the gem, but Kamek held it back.

“But! We should probably inform your father first.” Kamek asserted, giving Iggy a pointed look. Iggy pouted back, but relented.

Ludwig simply nodded. “Right. I’ll go tell him.” he said before leaving towards the Royal Quarters.

Kamek magically stored the gem away for later. Then he turned to the other Koopalings. “Now, could anyone please help me with this mess?” he asked with a hopeful smile.

He was answered by raucous laughter from the Koopalings as they brushed off his request and went back to their rooms. “Fat chance, gramps!” was Roy’s parting shot as Kamek was left to do all the work.

“Why do I even bother?” Kamek mused with a sigh before grabbing his broom and getting to work.