Awoo.

SUICIDE SQUAD KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (Rocksteady)

Wraith

4 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

That wouldn't make any sense given the different Deadshot present.

Apparently, it's being treated like Tommy-Lee Jones as Two-Face - I.E - accept the change and don't focus on it too much.

The info about it being set in the Arkhamverse is coming directly from Stefon Hill during the Q&A session that was held after the reveal on DC Fandome.

It's a continuation of plot threads left over from the Arkham trilogy, and this game will seemingly answer some lingering questions from the Arkham games.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Apparently, it's being treated like Tommy-Lee Jones as Two-Face - I.E - accept the change and don't focus on it too much.

Ugh. Not necessarily a great way to kick things off. I question what's even the point of putting it in the same universe.

2 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Ugh. Not necessarily a great way to kick things off. I question what's even the point of putting it in the same universe.

It's possible that this is another Deadshot. There was a character in the comics that also went by the name Deadshot, although his outfit was blue instead of red. It was from a comic series in 2016, so it's possible that they decided to use him instead of Floyd Lawton... but that's just me theorizing. Rocksteady has made references to relatively unknown DC Characters before, so it's entirely possible still. I don't recall them referring to him as Floyd in the trailer either.

spacer.pngspacer.png

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The info about it being set in the Arkhamverse is coming directly from Stefon Hill during the Q&A session that was held after the reveal on DC Fandome.

Here's where Sefton confirms it:

"a continuation of the arkhamverse".

Beautiful trailer. Liking the the new character designs. Harley's new design looks a lot better than she did in Arkham Knight IMO. Voice acting seems good (sounds better than some of the cheesy dialogue/voice acting in the Gotham Knight reveal). Tara Strong always does an awesome Harley. Sounds like it's gonna be fun listening to the banter between the characters. 

Bit surprised they didn't show any gameplay especially with Gotham Knight revealing some. Also, surprising that SS has a 2022 release window. Arkham Knight was released in 2015 so wtf have Rocksteady been doing all this time (I get the impression Gotham Knights started development after SS and yet it's releasing earlier)?

Lets hope the PC release isn't a piece of crap this time round. Interesting that SS is releasing on PS5 & XSX and yet Gotham Knights is coming out on current and next-gen.

This was actually kinda nice. Helps a bit that I watched Escape from Arkham last month.

Looks like their up against Brainiac as the main villain, made Deadshot black because of the movie, and King Shark is a bit of a fanboy.

Also, sense when did Boomerang have superspeed?

He's a Flash villain, he probably stole the chemical formula from him that allows him to tap into the speed force, lmao

Anyway, disappointed of no Deathstroke and by the fact that out of the members that Amanda had recruited (Deathstroke, Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Bane and possibly Catwoman) only one of them shows up here. They're probably gonna add some others later, but you feel the initial cast was made to be based of the upcoming movie.

Brainiac being the villain again after not too long after the release of Injustice 2 fells slightly redundant, but sure, though I wonder if Supes and co. will really be killed or just freed from mind control.

Definitely interested for now, we have to wait a bit anyway.

Ah yes, at least this is colorfull. I never got into the Batman Arkham series because of how dull and grey everything was. I know this is exactly how it's supposed to be, it is Batman, but anyways. I prefer colorfull worlds. That's why I also liked InFamous Second Son a loooot more than 1 and 2. 

But this Suicide Squad game looks alright I guess? 4 playable characters? Brainiac is the villain given the pattern on that huge robot at the beggining and the metal tentacles. The Avengers game still looks cooler, but its first trailer was also just a CGI short with nothing about the gameplay. Can't take this from granted yet. Side note: feeling a bit overwhelmed by Harley Quinn. I get that she's a popular character, but she's in literally everything lol

On 8/23/2020 at 9:55 AM, Jango said:

Side note: feeling a bit overwhelmed by Harley Quinn. I get that she's a popular character, but she's in literally everything lol

I was kinda thinking of that myself, but she actually was a core member of Suicide in the New52 comics so i guess they just can't bring themselves to leave her out. Especialy since she's easily the most well-known of these guys now.

The characters, writing and art direction already seem better than Avengers. I really like how Metropolis looks.

EXCEPT, why do King Shark and especially Captain Boomerang have guns? I don't want all characters designed around guns... Boomerang is already a ranged fighter with his boomerangs.

On 8/23/2020 at 6:08 AM, Winston said:

It's possible that this is another Deadshot. There was a character in the comics that also went by the name Deadshot, although his outfit was blue instead of red. It was from a comic series in 2016, so it's possible that they decided to use him instead of Floyd Lawton... but that's just me theorizing. Rocksteady has made references to relatively unknown DC Characters before, so it's entirely possible still. I don't recall them referring to him as Floyd in the trailer either.

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is Floyd Lawton. His name was shown in the talk with Will Arnett.

Strangely, Lawton and Boomerang were also in Arkham instead of Belle Reve for some reason.

On 8/23/2020 at 3:55 PM, Jango said:

Ah yes, at least this is colorfull. I never got into the Batman Arkham series because of how dull and grey everything was. I know this is exactly how it's supposed to be, it is Batman, but anyways. I prefer colorfull worlds. That's why I also liked InFamous Second Son a loooot more than 1 and 2. 

But this Suicide Squad game looks alright I guess? 4 playable characters? Brainiac is the villain given the pattern on that huge robot at the beggining and the metal tentacles. The Avengers game still looks cooler, but its first trailer was also just a CGI short with nothing about the gameplay. Can't take this from granted yet. Side note: feeling a bit overwhelmed by Harley Quinn. I get that she's a popular character, but she's in literally everything lol

I wouldn't call the Arkham games particularly gray. Dark, sure, but they had color.

Not that it was canon in the first place, but this game tears Assault on Arkham out of the timeline, due to King Shark’s drastically different appearance and survival. 

I’m not sure how to feel about this tbh. Evil superman is getting really old. So far I’m not a fan of the premise, but maybe watching gameplay will sway my opinion. I really don’t think this needed to be a part of the Arkhamverse, though. Despite overall hating Arkham Knight’s story, it seemed to be Rocksteady’s final word on the series. I guess I’ll have to wait and see for more info. 

I don't mind it taking place in the Arkhamverse since I didn't really consider Knight a satisfying ending anyway. I'm actually glad to see the plotline of Harley's growing independence being followed through in some way.

it's weird that it took warner bros. this long to capitalize on the idea of expanding the arkhamverse to include other dc franchises, but i'm not complaining

assuming batman was a member of the justice league, i'm banking on some sort of plotline exploring how they reacted to his supposed death, especially superman 

• 1 year later...