Awoo.

The Giant Sonic Statue In The Mountains Has Been Restored!

Badnik Mechanic

I came back as soon as i saw twitter blowing up about this.

How amazing to see a happy ending to this after soo long. Now he'll live on for ages to come!

One question remains though, who restored it? Was it SEGA? Was it the small town or was it the owner? Who came in and rescued mountain sonic?

• Thumbs Up 2

Now, will the SEGAWorld one ever also get the same treatment? I like how this town gets a unique little landmark due to the blue blur.

What's great about this is that looking at the kind of paint that's been used (and going on similarities to the old Sonic statue that was outside Sonic's Spinball at Alton Towers) is that the statue's now going to be weatherproof to a degree as well.

Assuming the supports it's on hold well, that statue's set for a while I'd say.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know what kind of paint is used on this? I'd love to repaint my Sonic statue this way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 6:47 AM, goku262002 said:

I came back as soon as i saw twitter blowing up about this.

How amazing to see a happy ending to this after soo long. Now he'll live on for ages to come!

One question remains though, who restored it? Was it SEGA? Was it the small town or was it the owner? Who came in and rescued mountain sonic?

What if it was Sonic? What if the Blue Blur is real and is among us? ;) 

• 1 month later...

The current owner of the statue got in touch with me!

They provided a lot of pictures showing the statue being restored and even gave some new details about how they got the statue and also had a few things they wanted to tell people who planned on visiting the statue in the future.

Full Story at the vid.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

This should be a site of pilgrimage to die hard Sonic fans if Covid ever ends.. :(