Awoo.

Fall Guys

Sonictrainer

Fall Guys is a game show style party game where up to 60 contestants go through several randomized solo & team elimination rounds until only 1 player remains. It's about as chaotic as it sounds...

Players also receive Kudos, regardless of how far they get, which can be used to buy customizable items from the Shop for your Avatar.

After watching several playthroughs on YouTube, I decided to get the PS4 Version game myself. I was able to get it for free thanks to a deal on Playstation Plus.

So is anyone playing the game? How many crowns have you won?

I also kind of want try setting up a game night with others.

Edited by Sonictrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have the game on PS4 aswell and it's addicting as hell. Eventhough there aren't many mini-games (right now), they come and go so quickly that is hard, at least for me, to get tired of them. Every round is a different chaotic experience. They nailed the fun aspect. I also love the soundtrack and the colour pallete.

I'm level 27 IIRC, 6 or 7 crowns won, can't remember right now, I spent 2 of them. Also, have you checked their Twitter account? They post stuff all day, it's so good. Everyone and their moms wants to be a Fall Guys costume.

Oh, and there's a patch scheduled for today, it will fix bugs and add a new type of final round mini-game.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

EgBbUKgWAAAzBjt?format=jpg&name=large

Today on PS4 and Steam!

It's P-BODY from Portal 2! @ValveSoftware

As seen modelled by #TheFallenOne

At Gamescom 2020, we got a sneak peek at Season 2, which will have a number of medieval themed Rounds & Costumes.

Fall Guys Season 2 will bring the dragon fire with feudal fortresses, knockout knights and pugilistic paladins among new additions coming this October. A full season of new costumes, emotes and more will reward players as they lay siege to the Middle Ages.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the Big Yeetus Update, where new versions of certain Rounds will now appear and throw your memory out the window. Also, this update will crackdown on cheaters.

Hello fellow bean fans. We’re turbo-excited to share our mid-season update with you all, bringing a whole new layer of colourful chaos and fiendish takes on Season 1’s classic rounds! Plus, we’re getting super serious on bad beans with the addition of Epic’s ‘Easy Anti-Cheat’.

Round variations - expect the unexpected!

Players will quickly realise that all is not what it seems in the Blunderdome. Familiar favourites will have to be tackled in all new ways, with the addition of dozens of obstacles, dizzyingly random rotations and of course, plenty of tumbling fruit. And what’s more, players will have no idea when these changes will occur—no bean’s dignity shall be spared!

New anti-cheat targets bad beans

We’ve implemented Epic's Easy Anti-Cheat in order to combat players using tools that hook into the game to apply hacks to our unsuspecting Fall Guys. Easy Anti-Cheat is used by the best in the business and will mean our jelly beans receive the very best protection from the bad eggs seeking to exploit them.

Better, faster, smoother, stumbles

Our team have been implementing hot-fixes and tweaks to improve the Fall Guys experience since day one, and today’s major mid-season patch continues this quest! Players can expect changes to enhance server stability, nifty VFX improvements and a whole lot more to make Fall Guys just that little bit smoother.

And another thing...

There have been rumblings across the community about a certain large and rather aggressive hammer obstacle roaming the rounds, apparently intent on causing further mayhem for the Fall Guys. Details are sparse, but one thing we do know is that their name is Big Yeetus and they’re a-coming!

Eh8v8ShXcAEa17h.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh nice. I'm glad they're cracking down on cheaters which is the reason why I've been sticking to the PS4 version, well besides the fact it was free for a while and I get to use my name in the game. Cheaters were getting pretty bad that I've seen people quit games on stream due to their presence. Also I do like how they're mixing things up mid-season to keep the game fresh. Good job!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

EjUT5TjXYAAwMwz?format=png&name=900x900

We have some clarification on the end of Season 1 & the beginning of Season 2 from Twitter:

To hopefully answer some of your questions around dates:

• The countdown in the game says Season 1 will end 5th October. We're changing this.
  • Season 1 will now end 8th October.
  • Season 2 will start 8th October.
  • From 5th October until 8th October - Double fame points!

EDIT:

IGN is delighted to exclusively reveal Knight Fever, a brand new level coming to Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Season 2 is live!

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout catapults the world’s most memeable jelly beans into a world of Medieval mayhem with the long-awaited launch of Season 2! Starting today, players will revel among knockabout knights, pugilistic paladins and vivacious vikings in a full season of new Rounds, costumes, emotes and more as they lay siege to the Middle Ages! 

4 new Medieval Rounds enter the rotation (with more on the way soon!)

• Hoopsie Legends - Teamwork (sometimes) makes the dream work! 
  • Knight Fever - Our most challenging Gauntlet yet! 
  • Egg Siege - Tactical scrambling action
  • Wall Guys - Build it up, tear it down! 

A full Season Pass of new costumes, emotes and more! 
A fresh new Featured store schedule for the duration of the season!
A suite of new features, including a Show Selector!

The all-new Show Selector collects a carefully selected roster of shows, including some extra special limited-time events! Each show features a themed playlist of Rounds to suit different playstyles, such as Gauntlet and Survival Showdowns.

Last, but certainly not least, existing Rounds have all been given a fresh lick of paint. It turns out hosting millions of shows takes its toll on our classic courses, so it was time to give them a little TLC!

Here's a more in-depth blog post:

We are absolutely delighted to invite you to Fall Guys Season 2, starting...right now! Our brightest minds in the field of jelly bean research have been hard at work to bring you four fresh Rounds, oodles of on-trend costumes and a whole heap of community-focused changes for optimal stumbling fun (with even more to come!) So, get ready to stumble across the drawbridge into a feudal fortress full of medieval mayhem.

Meet the new Rounds!

Fall Guys Season 2 throws you into a hyper-colourful universe of witches and wizardry, brimming with adorable dragons, knockout knights and a dizzying array of medieval obstacles primed to test your bravery. These four new Rounds introduce fresh mechanics to the Blunderdome alongside some medieval twists to familiar favourites for our ultimate quest for the crown!

Knight Fever delivers our most treacherous race to date, pitching brave participants against a wild array of medieval obstacles. This hectic dash to the finish line is full of fiendish contraptions, including the fearsome THICC BONKUS and its insatiable appetite for destruction!

Wall Guys introduces our all-new movable block mechanic, tasking intrepid beans with scaling a formidable fortress. Short term alliances with fellow players are crucial, as you rack and stack your way to progress. Join the scrum, clamber over competitors or even forge your own path...if you dare.

Egg Siege celebrates the beloved Fall Guys trope of stealing and hoarding opponents’ eggs with a fresh tactical edge. Thrown into a mystical castle chock full of moving machinery, your bean dexterity will have to be at its sharpest to shake off pursuers in this arena of ramps, drawbridges and diabolical scythes!

Hoopsie Legends invites (nay, demands) you to lob your Fall Guy through precarious hoops to nab points with zero concern for their safety. Movable blocks bring this solo re-imagining of Hoopsie Daisy squealing into the Medieval era! Will you join the stacking and share the points or deviously disrupt your fellow beans’ hard work? How about both?!

Show Selector - tumble your way

What’s your favourite kinda Round? See-Saw? Us too. But whatever Round you’re in the mood for, our brand new Show Selector lets you pick from a lovingly curated playlist of Fall Guys ‘Shows’. Fancy kicking back with races-only after a long day? Jump into the Gauntlet Showdown! Survival Rounds tickling your fancy on a Tuesday morning? All good, we’ve got you. Plus, you’ll be seeing some extra spicy limited-time events throughout the Season, so keep an eye out!

New costumes! Fall Guys...but make it fashion

Immerse yourself in the Medieval splendour of the new-look Blunderdome with lots and lots of fabulous outfits for the most discerning of beans. Pugilistic Paladins, the feistiest of Dwarves and even a smattering of vivacious Vikings join the fray, with many, many more to come, including exclusive collaborations!

More more more!

We’ve had a keen ear for feedback from Season 1 and have implemented a slew of changes for smoother stumbles and more chances to show off your (undoubtedly wonderful) personality in Season 2! This includes…

• Fall together now - No more falling alone! Our new ‘party falling’ means that when you queue with your squad, you fall with your squad. Look at you all go, woosh!
  • Nameplates and Banners - add to your personal swag with customisable signage to wow other beans, all viewable in Spectator mode.
  • Random Outfit Generator - Find yourself bewildered by the bean looks on offer? Not to worry, you can now randomise your costume and accessories in one click!
  • Visual upgrades - You all really went to town on the original levels, so we’ve given Season 1 Rounds a well-deserved lick of paint, including nifty new tile effects.
  • Additional controller options for PS4 - You can now tweak your sensitivity to get your tumbles perfectly on-point, as well as optional X/Y axis inversion.

Wow! We’re so excited for the community to get their hands on Fall Guys Season 2—and there's even more Rounds of wildness to look forward to! If you’re a long-term tumbler or diving in for the very first time, thank you for joining us in the Blunderdome and we hope you have the absolute best time.

And for those of you who like to get real thorough, you can dive into the full release notes from our dev team!

Let us know how you’re faring and keep up with all the latest announcements by following us on our (extra spicy) Twitter account! Plus, join the lovely folk in our official Discord server, where you can discuss all things beans, including sharing suggestions with Team Mediatonic.

Managed to get two of the four new events so far. 

Knight Fever - Will definitely have to practice this one because that spinning spiked log keeps kicking my ass. I'm never good at the races straight away so I'm sure I can iron this out with time.

Wall Guys - Might be my favourite event so far. Weirdly enough, what it reminds me of the most (and seems to be the best way to visualise it to win) is classic Tomb Raider.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I can update with more on all the new events now.

Knight Fever - I think I've got the hang of this now, so it is pretty fun. Basically, for the spinning logs you have to get on them on the opposite side they're spinning to (so if it's spinning clockwise get on the left side of the log and vice versa), and the same is generally true for the pendulum log. I tell the pendulum axe slide to fuck off by sliding down that sucker on my belly so I can go under them. 

Wall Guys - Still as fun as ever, although I have found that my tactic of carving my own route can either mean a win or loss. For example, one match everyone followed the leader really well while I hadn't noticed them get the upper hand so I was eliminated. The next time I played it I was the first one to finish by a good 30 seconds.

Hoopsie Legends - I'm not good at Hoopsie Daisy so that immediately puts me at a disadvantage. What I've found is that a good number obsess over the golden rings, and often get stuck trying to get it while making sure they don't put others in a position to steal it (so they could be there 2 - 3 minutes trying to get one ring). Finding a place with a good spawn of regular rings can bypass this. 

Egg Siege - While on the surface nearly identical to Egg Scramble, I actually have a different tactic thanks to the way the goal is laid out. In Egg Scramble, I like to try and guard golden eggs that fall into the team nest. In Egg Siege, it's easier to get into an opponent's nest and just completely eviscerate it because getting eggs in the nest is harder than getting them out. Great outlet for any skulduggery compulsions. 

EkR3bsHWsAMqtTI?format=jpg&name=large

A wild SONIC just appeared in Fall Guys!

This absolute unit is yours for only:

5 Crowns for SONIC HEAD
5 Crowns for SONIC BUTT

We all LOVE Sonic at @Mediatonic and @devolverdigital, so we're super grateful to @SEGA for letting Sonic become a chonky jelly bean!

Here's my incomplete Sonic Fall Guy

EkR-IUCXsAA9fa0?format=jpg&name=large

*huff puff...* It took me hours but I finally did it...

I got Sonic...in a tutu... My greatest achievement yet! Now I need to catch my breath and maybe take a break from this for a bit.

• Chuckle 1

For a week, players can choose the Main Show or Slime Survivors

EkcRfBkW0AUTVtS?format=jpg&name=small

The following is now LIVE:

S L I M E   S U R V I V O R S

• Increased chance to see Medieval rounds
  • Decreased chance to get nicknames and nameplates in the regular store
  • Hex-A-Gone and Jump Showdown as finals 

• 3 weeks later...

We're getting a new racing Round that's made entirely out of fans.

EmH8nrRWoAAZd0c?format=jpg&name=medium

Also, Fall Guys has merch now

Fall-Guys-Xmas-Jumper-1.jpg

Season 2's Midseason Update is live!

The Season 2.5 update comes with a fiendishly fresh creation to get players jostling for qualification. Inspired by the chaos of ‘See Saw’, ‘Big Fans’ challenges players with navigating rotating blades in a sky-high festival of precision tumbling!

The chaos of Season 2’s medieval madness has extended to classic Fall Guys Rounds in a right old medieval mix up! From today, players will experience a huge range of Round remixes which turn expectations and well-trodden routes upside down! 

In addition to the new Rounds, a range of new features and improvements have also found their way into Season 2.5 based on community feedback and rigorous testing.

Here's more info:

After transporting players into the domain of medieval mayhem for Season 2, we’ve dived back in with a hefty order of round remixes, oodles of community-inspired improvements and the addition of all-new Round, ‘Big Fans’. Come meet the content that’ll keep things fresh and fun in the lead up to Season 3…

New Round klaxon—meet Big Fans!
Take the teetering tension of See Saw, but fill it with rapidly rotating blades and an unhealthy amount of opportunities for dive jumps. This sky-high race leaves little room for manoeuvre, with our scientists declaring an officially unsafe bean per blade ratio, meaning careful jostling is strongly advised.

You’ll find checkpoints to temporarily save you from slimy humiliation, but taking risks could mean huge reward (and the honour of an EZ qual…). Slimline platforms link the zooming blades, meaning speedrun opportunities for particularly intrepid players, but with grabs at the opposition’s disposal, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

We can’t wait to see how you take on Big Fans. It’s huge, new and very, very silly.

Here comes the remix—our rowdiest Round variations yet!
Equipped with possibly the most absurd arsenal in the history of soft play, our team has decided to lovingly sprinkle obstacles across our Season 2 and classic Rounds alike. Levels will now come in a variety of devious flavours with new obstacles popping up by chance to disrupt everything you thought you knew about your favourite Rounds!

Time travelling is very much on the agenda, with medieval obstacles rocking up in the classics, including egregious use of spiky roller ‘Thicc Bonkus’ and swinging scythes to send you to the slime.

Also fruit. We’ve done absolutely loads of weird and wonderful things with fruit.

Delicious new fixes and features
We’ve been listening to the fine folks of the Fall Guys community and have put together hot fixes and new features to address some of our most popular requests. These include…

• Hex-A-Gone issues...Hex-A-Gone! - There’s been instances of players unfairly falling through the tiles in this crucial Final Round. No more!
  • Hanging around on Fall Mountain - Another Final Round fix. A bug that occasionally had players clinging to the crown without victory has been squashed.
  • Precision jumping assured - We’ve solved an issue with jump inputs sometimes being eaten, particularly on Jump Showdown.
  • Around the world, around the world - Players can now select their desired Server Region, along with the option to choose your language in-game.

There’s plenty more changes that you can read about in our Full Patch Notes, with loads more to come as we stumble towards Season 3. Plus, you can check out our recently launched Fall Guys Public Issue Tracker to see our current list of reported issues, what we’re working on and which fixes are going to drop next. Cool!

Who’s that hammer..?
Before we go, it would be remiss of us not to touch on rumours of a mischievous pint-sized hammer roaming the Blunderdome. Answering only to ‘Lil Yeety’, it’s been cropping up in the wildest of places, bringing chaos at every turn...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season 3 starts on Tuesday!

Fall Guys Season 3 'Winter Knockout' decks the halls with wintry wonders, delivering a flurry of festive mayhem, including 7 new Rounds, dozens of fresh costumes and a whirlwind of new features that are truly the snowy peak of Fall Guys foolery!

IGN is delighted to exclusively reveal Tundra Run, a brand new winter themed race level coming to Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 3.

EDIT: We have another video introducing new obstacles & gimmicks in Season 3

Fall Guys Season 3 not only introduces new winter themed levels, but some brand new chaotic obstacles to deal with! From fans and giant snowballs to punching boxes, Mediatonic level designer, Joseph 'J.J' Juson introduces us to the new levels of madness coming to Fall Guys.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Season 3 decks the halls with wintry wonders today, delivering a flurry of festive mayhem, including new rounds, dozens of fresh costumes and a whirlwind of new features that are truly the snowy peak of Fall Guys tomfoolery! Be sure to wrap up your beans and get ready to slip, stumble and slide your way to the crown!

Seven new Rounds of snowy shenanigans!
Season 3 comes packed with our wildest creations to date, replete with snowy peaks, treacherous chasms and a slew of obstacles scientifically-assured to deliver high-profile failure in front of the world. Also penguins.

• Ski Fall - Slip and slide down the icy slope for precarious points! 
  • Tundra Run - An all new take on the gauntlet style, ripe for snowy mischief.
  • Freezy Peak - A spiral summit that delights in chucking an endless supply of snowballs down on competitors! 
  • Snowy Scrap - Three teams, three snowballs, zero chill.
  • Pegwin Pursuit - Calling all beans...Bert is loose! In this team game, your job is to grab the Blunderdome’s tiniest penguin pals as they motor around the arena. 
  • Thin Ice - Slivers of icy tiles stand between you and instant elimination in this high-flying final Round. 
  • Roll Off - This fresh showdown takes the perpetual motion and fancy footwork requirements of Roll Out and transforms it into a particularly tricky Final Round!

You can get better acquainted with all the new Rounds on our dapper new Season 3 page.

golds.png&w=1024&q=75
Stay gold with Crown Ranks and Golden Costumes!
To the most-dedicated of beans. To our Slime Climb grinders and one-more-timers. Crown Ranks are a love letter to those who are truly down with the Crown, providing an all-new path to deliciously exclusive rewards.

That path is (would you believe it!?) paved with gold! As well as revealing limited-edition Colours and Patterns, upping your Crown Rank will unlock Golden Costumes—glitzy gilded versions of iconic outfits that will leave envious beans in little doubt of your Blunderdome credentials. Flaunt it, you earned it!

So from now on, every coveted Crown collected will contribute to upping your Crown Rank and unlocking those goodies. Plus, if you’ve already been busy accumulating victories, we’ve got you covered—your previous crowns will count!

NOTE: There's a bug affecting this right now, but they're working on it.

Spicy hot fixes, icy cold features

As always, we’ve been keeping an eye on the issues most pressing for the Fall Guys community (shout out to the Public Issue Tracker) and have implemented loads of nifty improvements and fresh features. These include...

• Bulletin Board - What on earth is going on in the Blunderdome? Our new in-game newsfeed has the answer. Latest Shows, updates and other wild announcements, conveniently presented when you load in.
  • New Festive Sounds - Season 3 presents the coldest cuts! A wintry reimagining of all your favourite bean-music.
  • Prime Gaming treats - You’ll now be able to link Fall Guys to your Amazon Prime account for a regular supply of exclusive goodies.
  • Bugs be-gone - We’ve unleashed a plenty of useful fixes for smoother stumbles, including improvements to group stability, UI and physics in certain levels.

You can read the full list of changes over on our Release Notes, direct from the devs!

We are so, so excited for you to get your hands on this latest instalment of multiplayer mayhem and as always, a huge thank you to the Fall Guys community for your feedback, patience, suggestions and dangerously high appetite for memes.

A few issues they talked about on Twitter

It looks like we're back online!

- Crown ranks are still a bit broken for previous awards, but we are looking to fix by the end-of-week

- Hex-A-Gone is temporarily disabled due to a physics bug, we'll keep you posted on this