Awoo.

Rally 4 Sally

Waluigi Smash

3 hours ago, Kuzu said:

You know, for a series that's supposed to be about a free spirited character, some of you are extremely close minded on accepting anything that goes against your specific interpretation of how things should be.

If we're going to use spurious comparisons, we can ask how a series about a free spirited character works being regimented into a premise where everyone is restricted to war games, and his primarily foil exists to point how being free spirited is actually reckless and thoughtless (with him usually getting a cosmic punishment whenever he doesn't accept she's right).

I think when the idealised future between these two characters was Sonic being TIED DOWN AS A KING people have a right to be a little skeptical. There is a blatant case there of trying to skew Sonic into something he isn't to make this different concept work in the case it comes down to being connected to the actual games rather than just a loose adaptation.

People are entitled to think the SatAm and games premises work differently from each other, that isn't just close minded opinion, there are BLATANT differences. Showing concern that two rather contrasting portrayals can mesh badly isn't just 'not giving it a fair chance'. I could argue your apathy towards the games canon and dismissing any potential side effects with 'well the games suck anyway, so who cares?' is 'not giving THAT a fair chance', the duration in bizarre directions isn't that much greater than that of the comics two decades.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Not what I said.

You asked "why do people like this show" and I pointed out that people are allowed to like things that you don't care for.

Absolutely nobody who likes SATAM and thinks highly of it needs to justify to you why they like it or think its good.

Wow I have never face palmed harder to a response like this in a long time lmao. I’m not forcing anybody to ask me shit I’m just giving out a question of why people finds this show so damn special to them. You really are gullible about my opinion and questions aren’t you? You could have gladly ignored me and moved on instead of acting childish and getting so overdefense of your precious cartoon my friend. 

People are perfectly free to like anything no matter how shitty the said thing is. I’m just asking a QUESTION and you started to get upset 😂

22 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

If we're going to use spurious comparisons, we can ask how a series about a free spirited character works being regimented into a premise where everyone is restricted to war games, and his primarily foil exists to point how being free spirited is actually reckless and thoughtless (with him usually getting a cosmic punishment whenever he doesn't accept she's right).

I think when the idealised future between these two characters was Sonic being TIED DOWN AS A KING people have a right to be a little skeptical. There is a blatant case there of trying to skew Sonic into something he isn't to make this different concept work in the case it comes down to being connected to the actual games rather than just a loose adaptation.

People are entitled to think the SatAm and games premises work differently from each other, that isn't just close minded opinion, there are BLATANT differences. Showing concern that two rather contrasting portrayals can mesh badly isn't just 'not giving it a fair chance'. I could argue your apathy towards the games canon and dismissing any potential side effects with 'well the games suck anyway, so who cares?' is 'not giving THAT a fair chance', the duration in bizarre directions isn't that much greater than that of the comics two decades.

You trying to flip this back on me with a literal "No U" as a rebuttal, is not going to convince me to take anything you say seriously :\

You're entitled to feel the two continuities aren't compatible with each other, but the fact that there exists at least two continuities that mesh the two together pretty well doesn't really make me take your word seriously either. 

But I know what you're gonna do now; you're gonna talk about why those continuities sucked and aren't very good, talk about your personal trauma on how they betrayed your expectations yet again, to further justify your unwillingness to compromise on the idea that some people in fact would not mind these two continuities together in spite of the fact that many other people do not expectations as you. 

There, I saved you the trouble of typing out another essay, have a nice day. 

5 minutes ago, The gameboy69 said:

Wow I have never face palmed harder to a response like this in a long time lmao. I’m not forcing anybody to ask me shit I’m just giving out a question of why people finds this show so damn special to them. You really are gullible about my opinion and questions aren’t you? You could have gladly ignored me and moved on instead of acting childish and getting so overdefense of your precious cartoon my friend. 

People are perfectly free to like anything no matter how shitty the said thing is. I’m just asking a QUESTION and you started to get upset 😂

Here's some advice then, maybe don't act like a jackass when asking a simple question?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Here's some advice then, maybe don't act like a jackass when asking a simple question?

I wasn’t acting like a jackass at all. I’m just asking why do people like the cartoon so much when it has so much glaring flaws and is praised for so many wrong reasons. I didn’t deliberately insult anyone who liked the show. You are just getting offended because I happen to not like it.

You know, there are people in the world that dislikes some of the things you like. Crazy right? Man....reality is brutal...

3 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Trying to constrain and pidgeonholing the series into one specific thing.

By asking it to effectively become SatAM, that is what is being asked on the opposing side, just into something they personally like at the expense of those actually invested in the main continuity.

It isn't "pidgeon holding" to say lines have to be drawn somewhere and while bending those lines is encouraged, breaking them on a whim destroys its integrity.

3 hours ago, Kuzu said:

And it happens all of the time even in media that's considered good, because nothing is absolutely flawless. Sometimes shit happens outside of anyone's control.

And it is criticized. Again, just because something happens doesnt make it good, nor justified. This is silly reasoning.

A lot of games have gore and graphic violence, does that mean Sonic should have it to? Cmon now.

3 hours ago, Kuzu said:

It is unreasonable when you consider the mere idea of these concepts existing alongside the games as "mangling".

You arent engaging with the points I brought up in good faith whatsoever if you are going to dishonestly present them as anything of the sort.

These "problems" you keep bringing up are not as big as you think they are, and that's not "accepting subpar works" that's compromising that yes, sometimes things will change and it may be good or bad. That's literally the risk you take when you consume any piece of media, there's never a guarantee that its going to great.

Except its a compromise that doesnt need to be made nor is there any real merit to making it.

Seriously. What actual benefit to the series would it actually provide? Outside of placating the subset of the fanbase that seeks it happening as some form of validation of the continuity as "legitimate"?

Its not a "potential risk" its just a  categorically damaging affair.

This is the Sonic series, the most inconsistent and incomprehensible mess of a series ever.

I'd argue the Sonic series only ever became incomprehensible and inconsistent in very recent times, and that the claims of its longtime inconsistency largely stem from people introduced to the series via alternate continuities more than anything (*raises hand) having misplaced expectations as a result.

Because really  the main continuity isnt at all hard to follow from Sonic 1 to Generations.

Its been literally everything under the sun, but NOW merely theorizing adding the Freedom Fighters to the games is "going too far". But when the series was furry DBZ, that was completely acceptable?

Ignoring the fact that the series has always had DBZ and StarWars parallels, why are you pretending this is about the Freedom Fighters when its been made explicitly clear that the main continuity has enough problems as is? This isn't some vendetta against SatAM. The series has already done tons of things people don't like. Their presence doesnt suddenly open the floodgates for any inane idea all of a sudden.

Thats ridiculous.

• Nice Smile 1

34 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

By asking it to effectively become SatAM, that is what is being asked on the opposing side, just into something they personally like at the expense of rhose actually invested in the main constinuity.

No it's not. For someone who has now gone on multiple different tirades about how this is just a big group of people trying to shut down opinions of a minority (including leading off with it with your first post), you don't seem to have any clue whatsoever about what those people are actually saying even after multiple people have specifically told you what they were.

Shockingly.

48 minutes ago, The gameboy69 said:

I wasn’t acting like a jackass at all.

Yes you were. You wrote an atrociously formatted, poorly edited dissertation about how stupid it is that people still like the characters from something that isn't the mainline Sonic games, and now are trying to backtrack way the fuck back into pretending that all you actually were doing was asking a question about why people like them. You're not slick, and if this is how you're going to present yourself in your first four posts I wouldn't bother unpacking your bags.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had an AU-ish idea of switching Sally & Antoine's status. So Sally is the serious & logical commander/royal guard, while Antoine is the cowardly pompous prince.

32 minutes ago, The gameboy69 said:

I wasn’t acting like a jackass at all. I’m just asking why do people like the cartoon so much when it has so much glaring flaws and is praised for so many wrong reasons. I didn’t deliberately insult anyone who liked the show. You are just getting offended because I happen to not like it.

You know, there are people in the world that dislikes some of the things you like. Crazy right? Man....reality is brutal...

Uh....on your very first paragraph of your very first post (both in the forum & after you made your account) you started off by sorta insulting the supporters?

I bet when she gets in all of the rally4sally members would quickly lose interest after a couple of weeks of getting her in and eventually uninstall the game. It’s not like she is going to get into mainline game any time soon lmao. Why won’t people just shut the fuck up about satAM and the comics already and move the fuck on. You don’t see fleetway fans whining and crying about evil super sonic not being in the games or adventures of sonic the hedgehog fans crying about scratch and to and extent grounder not being robotnik’s main henchmen.

Not a good first impression. And while you could've just said you personally don't like the show and don't care, you had to write a huge essay on how it was "bad" and implying people were wrong for liking it. The somewhat aggressive/mocking tone didn't help either. It's gonna invite annoyed replies, then more annoyed replies, until the entire thing becomes messy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

30 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Yes you were. You wrote an atrociously formatted, poorly edited dissertation about how stupid it is that people like the characters from something that isn't the mainline Sonic games, and now are trying to backtrack way the fuck back into pretending that all you actually were doing was asking a question about why people like them. You're not slick, and if this is how you're going to present yourself in your first four posts I wouldn't bother unpacking your bags.

Can you elaborate more of how it’s "atrociously edited" and "formatted" it is? I’m got straight to the point of why I think satAM sucks donkey bollocks and the I asked why people like this show because it is so overhyped. I never said that people are stupid for liking the freedom fighters. I just think they are pointless and irrelevant and they overstayed there welcome because they have over 20 years worth of comics and a cartoon and they don’t need to be shoe horned in the game,idw comics and other media. I have said multiple times that this is my opinion. 

Wow the rage and anger with these satAM fanboys are more feral and childish than ever. And I thought all of the antiflynn idiots where toxic.

11 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Uh....on your very first paragraph of your very first post (both in the forum & after you made your account) you started off by sorta insulting the supporters?

Not a good first impression. And while you could've just said you personally don't like the show and don't care, you had to write a huge essay on how it was "bad" and implying people were wrong for liking it. The somewhat aggressive/mocking tone didn't help either. It's gonna invite annoyed replies, then more annoyed replies, until the entire thing becomes messy.

I wasn’t insulting them. I was resorting to cold hard logic of the likely outcome. And they ARE whining and crying. And they should really move on because sonic team shows no interest In the freedom fighters or satAM what so ever. They are fighting for nothing. And even if she makes it into a mobile game it would barley even be significant. 

"Not a good first impression. And while you could've just said you personally don't like the show and don't care, you had to write a huge essay on how it was "bad" and implying people were wrong for liking it. The somewhat aggressive/mocking tone didn't help either."

i just said multiple times in my first post "IN MY OPINION" that’s basically the same thing as saying perosnally. And the "essay" was relevant to my post. It contributed to why I think the freedom fighters are overrated and that satAM should just be left in the past. The series needs to evolve and move on. 

16 minutes ago, The gameboy69 said:

Can you elaborate more of how it’s "atrociously edited" and "formatted" it is?

Inconsistent capitalization, giant block paragraphs containing rambling thoughts, all caps sprinkled throughout for no reason.

Your lack of editing shouldn't be your biggest concern.

Wow the rage and anger with these satAM fanboys are more feral and childish than ever. And I thought all of the antiflynn idiots where toxic.

You are the one who wandered into this thread, and seemingly even joined this forum, purely to say shit like this:

i bet when she gets in all of the rally4sally members would quickly lose interest after a couple of weeks of getting her in and eventually uninstall the game. It’s not like she is going to get into mainline game any time soon lmao. Why won’t people just shut the fuck up about satAM and the comics already and move the fuck on.

Then they will just have to grow up, adapt and move on.

I just think they are acting so spoiled.

If you don't want to get treated like an asshole, stop acting like an asshole. You don't get to act like an asshole, then act surprised and offended when people respond to you for being an asshole and pretend your motives were pure. Your spicy takes about SatAM, which is over 20 years of various story and character changes and one full reboot removed from the comics as they were when they ended, are irrelevant to this thread; as are your attempts to get people to justify liking the comics or characters to you.

Understand?

• Promotion 1

38 minutes ago, Tornado said:

No it's not. For someone who has now gone on multiple different tirades about how this is just a big group of people trying to shut down opinions of a minority (including leading off with it with your first post), you don't seem to have any clue whatsoever about what those people are actually saying even after multiple people have specifically told you what they were.

Shockingly.

Yes you were. You wrote an atrociously formatted, poorly edited dissertation about how stupid it is that people still like the characters from something that isn't the mainline Sonic games, and now are trying to backtrack way the fuck back into pretending that all you actually were doing was asking a question about why people like them. You're not slick, and if this is how you're going to present yourself in your first four posts I wouldn't bother unpacking your bags.

Why is it that everyone in this topic is allowed to dump on the main continuity and openly declare the SatAM one superior and deserving of replacing the main one but someone expresses anything resembling a less than positive opinion of it  or the idea of having it invade thr main continuity is crossing a line?

Why the double standard?

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Why is it that everyone in this topic is allowed to dump on the main continuity and openly declare the SatAM one superior and deserving of replacing the main one but someone expresses anything resembling a less than positive opinion of it  or the idea of having it invade thr main continuity is crossing a line?

Why the double standard?

Stuff like Zavok, Wisps, Classic Sonic in the 3D games mean anything? But no one is saying SatAM should replace the main series. Just have a compromise to fit the SatAM chars into the game canon. NOT replace the main series.

10 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Why the double standard?

I don't think pointing out what a tire fire the games continuity is when people like you storm in here to act like it isn't and other continuity characters would "ruin" it is a double standard.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Inconsistent capitalization, giant block paragraphs containing rambling thoughts, all caps sprinkled throughout for no reason.

Your lack of editing shouldn't be your biggest concern.

You are the one who wandered into this thread, and seemingly even joined this forum, purely to say shit like this:

If you don't want to get treated like an asshole, stop acting like an asshole. You don't get to act like an asshole, then act surprised and offended when people respond to you for being an asshole and pretend your motives were pure. Your spicy takes about SatAM, which is over 20 years of various story and character changes and one full reboot removed from the comics as they were when they ended, are irrelevant to this thread; as are your attempts to get people to justify liking the comics to you.

Understand?

Lol the grammar and rambling is the least of my concerns. I just wanted to get my point across. You aren’t my English teacher. 

I joined the thread because it was Frankly interesting and I wanted to bring out my whole opinion and side to this. Welcome to the internet. 

How I said that people would quickly lose interest like always and how all of these satAM fans are ungreatful is just me using cold hard logic. The truth hurts, I know. 

By your logic you would call out a parent for being an ass for calling there kid an entitled brat for throwing a fit over not getting a toy while they have a whole plethora of them at home. 

20 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Why the double standard?

Exactly. I’ve been seeing this hypocrisy for years. This is the main reason why I made the rant in the first place to show how flawed satAM is. The show is so overpraised and hyped. And it’s annoying to see people constantly shit on the mainline canon and calling people delusional for preferring it. I’m looking at you reverb passion and DC fan on twitter..

7 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Why the double standard?

It stands to reason that the topic calling for the reintroduction of a SatAM/Archie character is going to attract those who lean towards that direction; especially considering that the entire focus of the thread is how such a task could work. 

This isn't a general SatAM topic, this is about the merits of Sally Acorn and other related characters and how they could reasonably fit into the Modern SegaSonic continuity. Of course negative comments towards said characters and their shows are going to result in pushback. 

It's not a double standard, you're missing the point of the topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

It stands to reason that the topic calling for the reintroduction of a SatAM/Archie character is going to attract those who lean towards that direction; especially considering that the entire focus of the thread is how such a task could work. 

This isn't a general SatAM topic, this is about the merits of Sally Acorn and other related characters and how they could reasonably fit into the Modern SegaSonic continuity. Of course negative comments towards said characters and their shows are going to result in pushback. 

But there is not a SINGLE thread on here that has nothing but positive opinions. That is not how a idea discussion works. People can't criticise the franchise in excess and then forbid anyone from raining on their parade when it's something THEY have personal preference towards. There is NO sacred cow in Sonic. NONE.

It's about Sally Acorn, one of the most divisive characters in the franchise, and that's saying A LOT. What do fans expect? For everyone else to just sit here nodding and saying 'happy thoughts, happy thoughts'?

If Kuzu's gonna bring up snide allusions, I find it even more amusing that this discussion is pretty much between two very opposite opinions, yet both are as bull headed about it as the other. One however is totally and unironically convinced they are the perfectly reasonable one and acts like a contemptuous hypocrite while complaining about the insensitivity the other is doing the same to THEM. How very Sally of them. They can NEVER be wrong it seems.

I'll admit okay it, I am wary of Sally being put in, it's an opinion, it's not universal and I am damn well aggressive about it, but I have never seen such hypocrisy. That they can literally stand there flat out saying 'well the games suck and who gives a shit about the people who like them' and then complain how completely unfair and heartless the people are that slam SatAm, right down to venting the exact same personal and demeaning insults they accuse THEM of doing. The simple fact is if I really am an elitist (and admittedly I likely am) I certainly don't think I'm alone here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

38 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

This isn't a general SatAM topic, this is about the merits of Sally Acorn and other related characters and how they could reasonably fit into the Modern SegaSonic continuity.

Half of a conversation is the opposing point of view. You cant have a conversation about how they could be integrated while silencing people who express why it wouldnt. Especially when people ask how it would work only to be told "that isnt our jobs".

You are just creating an echo chamber at that point. 

Of course negative comments towards said characters and their shows are going to result in pushback. 

It absolutely is a double standard by the definition of the term, and until i see open crapping on the main continuity chastized with equal scrutiny, I will continue to address it for what it is.

46 minutes ago, antyep said:

Stuff like Zavok, Wisps, Classic Sonic in the 3D games mean anything?

Not sure what your point is supposed to be.

But no one is saying SatAM should replace the main series. Just have a compromise to fit the SatAM chars into the game canon. NOT replace the main series.

Whats in it for the main continuity?

What does introducing them to games do to justify said compromises? Would those compromises even be worth it?

This is the conversation i and others have been trying to have, only to be accused of being SatAM haters and being immediately accused of being a troll.

The reality is, the main continuity doesnt have an obligation to placate and accomodate the SatAM one. It just doesn't. Thus it is on the advocates of the FF to sell the idea, not the other way around.

Maybe fans of these characters wouldn't seem so defensive if you people weren't constantly berating them for wanting something out of this franchise--especially when Sega forcibly took it away and told them to get over it all because the previous comic publisher was as incompetent as they are--and basically being told to fuck off to their old media and be glad they had that.

16 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

It absolutely is a double standard by the definition of the term, and until i see open crapping on the main continuity chastized with equal scrutiny, I will continue to address it for what it is.

lol no

Nobody said you can't criticize the other stuff, because we haven't stopped people from doing that and you can quit playing victim over it. The games aren't owed any more respect in return, never mind that several people have bent over backwards to please games fans by playing by their rules just to be able to speculate over this or any other character.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

But there is not a SINGLE thread on here that has nothing but positive opinions. That is not how a idea discussion works. People can't criticise the franchise in excess and then forbid anyone from raining on their parade when it's something THEY have personal preference towards. There is NO sacred cow in Sonic. NONE.

It's about Sally Acorn, one of the most divisive characters in the franchise, and that's saying A LOT. What do fans expect? For everyone else to just sit here nodding and saying 'happy thoughts, happy thoughts'?

I would expect most people to not act like it’s 2006 all over again and not have the same attitude they did with much of the game cast, most particularly Shadow, over why Sally can’t work and pretend like they don’t see the blatant double standards and bad faith arguments they’re making.

Because we’ve already been here before her and the Freedom Fighters became next on the list of characters for people to take the piss on.

Not saying you did—people have a different take to your thoughts on the topic. But anyone who’s been here long enough can see the exact same bullshit playing out with these characters as it did with others more than a decade ago in much of this topic as far as negative responses go.

39 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I find it even more amusing that this discussion is pretty much between two very opposite opinions, yet both are as bull headed about it as the other. One however is totally and unironically convinced they are the perfectly reasonable one and acts like a contemptuous hypocrite while complaining about the insensitivity the other is doing the same to THEM. How very Sally of them. They can NEVER be wrong it seems.

Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step I guess. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 1

47 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

It means they’re part of the reason why many people criticize and dump on the main series, due to Sega constantly shoving those in our faces when not a lot of people asked for them (and repeat: Classic Sonic in the 3D titles after Generations.). Like SatAM, the main series is not exempt from criticism just because it’s the main series.

47 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

What does introducing them to games do to justify said compromises? Would those compromises even be worth it?

This is the conversation i and others have been trying to have, only to be accused of being SatAM haters and being immediately accused of being a troll.

The reality is, the main continuity doesnt have an obligation to placate and accomodate the SatAM one. It just doesn't. Thus it is on the advocates of the FF to sell the idea, not the other way around.

Well if no one is telling you why, I’ll give my two cents.

Whats in it for the main continuity? How about world development, especially after Sega claims there’s two separate worlds, which just seems to be used as an excuse to not use the human worlds again, where most of the lore takes place. And the echidna lore seems to not be touch upon again due to a certain former writer of the Archie Sonic series who thinks he own the monopoly of echidnas (well, technological echidnas but Sega did it first, but try telling him that.)

Because of this, we’re left with one empty world many didn’t care for in Forces. What I mean by empty is that there’s no established culture other than generic animal people. Hell, Sega is too afraid to put a name in the world. They’re so afraid to establish this world or any of these characters.

Sally and the FF have an established society, and was reworked in the reboot to make it fit into the games. Bringing them to the games could give a little depth to the animal world.

And before you say that the games could do so without Sally...I don’t see that happening. Sega right now don’t seem to care. They’re too busy cash cowing Classic Sonic and stuffing Zavok into every game to appease the Mario fans (since he seems to be made to be Sonic’s Bowser.)

But maybe you disagree with this, which I doubt you agree. But that’s fine. You have your doubts. Psi has his concerns. You have the right to express them as long as it’s a respective manner. But you, and everyone here, have to understand neither side are gonna back down. So we all just agree to disagree.

What I don’t condone is gameboy acting like an asshole who talks like he’s above us just because we like SatAM. Clearly you only joined to troll us so if that’s the only reason...

...you know how to sign out.

1 hour ago, The gameboy69 said:

Lol the grammar and rambling is the least of my concerns.

Yeah, I believe I already said as much. It's not like you're saying anything where your posts being hard to read really matters.

1 hour ago, The gameboy69 said:

Welcome to the internet.

And you're perfectly free to fuck back off to whatever corner of it you came from. But what you're not going to do, and this is critical since you still haven't grasped it, is wander into a thread, go on a rant so tangential to the topic that's basically irrelevant, attack people for liking something you don't care about in the process and then when called on it pretend that all you were actually doing was trying to come to an understanding for why they like it when you don't see the appeal.

Do you understand now?

With that out of the way:

1 hour ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Why the double standard?

Okay. Here's what's going to happen: 

You want to keep grandstanding in this thread about how people are just bullying people for having a minority opinion, about how people are being hypocrites about the problems with the SatAM (it's actually Archie, you know) continuity, how people want the Archie continuity to replace the main game continuity (???), how the people who are in favor of their inclusion are just insisting it would work and not trying to explain how, and how disrespectful people are being for not automatically jumping to the conclusion you're insisting for how any of those characters "invading" would "mangle" or "ruin" or "destroy the integrity of" the franchise even after they explain to you how that needn't be the case, so you're going to prove it.

You've already gone through the thread at least once to high five people who were saying similarly dumb stuff, so you're going to do it again and provide quotes from members (and I'll let the "everyone" requirement slide)) doing every one of those claims above that you've repeatedly made about how this thread has gone since you've started posting in it. This is not optional.

With that out of the way:

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

One however is totally and unironically convinced they are the perfectly reasonable one and acts like a contemptuous hypocrite while complaining about the insensitivity the other is doing the same to THEM. How very Sally of them. They can NEVER be wrong it seems.

Oh shut up. Just because you've got two people sucking you off in this thread now doesn't mean your grandiose argument about how "Sega shouldn't include the Freedom Fighters or anything at all along those lines because they might screw it up" is actually a real point. You've stonewalled and ignored people trying to debate you on the topic and just repeated yourself ad nauseum for months now, so winning the likes popularity contest doesn't make your attempts to again just repeat the same shit page after page as if no one has bothered responding to it any more valid.

• Absolutely 1

21 minutes ago, The gameboy69 said:

I wasn’t insulting them. I was resorting to cold hard logic of the likely outcome. And they ARE whining and crying. And they should really move on because sonic team shows no interest In the freedom fighters or satAM what so ever. They are fighting for nothing. And even if she makes it into a mobile game it would barley even be significant

I mean I can just quote all your replies and bold every instance you call people names ("fanboys" "idiots"), mock them for having different opinions ("wrong reasons" "acting so spoiled" "you really are gullible" "I have never facepalmed harder" "rage and anger"), exaggerating/insulting/put words in their mouth instead of making an argument based on 'cold hard logic' ("whining and crying" "shut the fuck up" "lock me up in jail I guess" "feral and childish" *insert silly emoji*)

I’m just asking why do people like the cartoon so much when it has so much glaring flaws and is praised for so many wrong reasons

You keep saying things like it's objectively wrong, and only adding "oh this is my (subjective) opinion btw" when people start pushing you. 

When someone really doesn't like something, they don't waste their time and energy on a supportive forum topic writing multiple paragraphs on why it sucks and calling people stupid for addressing your unfriendly attitude. Like, dude. Just let it go. Go make an antiSally hashtag & account on twitter.

Thank you for proving my points....I guess?

8 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Why the double standard?

Idk how much you've read but not all are supportive. There are many that's neutral (I'm in the "ok sure I don't think it's gonna do anything but have fun, just don't cause problems" crowd), and given this is a "Hey there's this cool movement for a spinoff, and maybe more!" topic, it's obvious the general opinion here would be more positive. When someone says an opinion they should be respectful and under the assumption it's not gonna change anyone's opinion. "The series is obviously a piece of sh*t and I don't know why you idiots like this??? (....Uh this is my opinion btw so I will mock you if you criticize me)" isn't the same as "I don't like this series, but I'm willing to see why they may work". Also Idk where you read SatAM is superior??? 

Like, I don't care about Sally. I never grew up with SatAM, and my first traumatic exposure to her was a youtube video of every time Sally & Sonic sucked each other's lips. I thought the Archie comics was overall meh. I don't see her working in the mainline games as she is. BUT I am not that immature to let that haunt me. I have other things to do with my life.

I do worry about the IDW staffs (who seem to be big fans) possibly "scheming" to get them back, and the inevitable discourse over which Sally is chosen. But in the end it's Sega's choice. If they do they do, if they don't they don't. I will respect the decision they make even if I don't like it. Until then I'm just gonna try to have fun in my own way: brainstorming possible ideas to "fix" the FF casts to work in the IDW comics/mainline games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it'd be the bees knees if Sally was a playable character in this mobile app that is adding Knuckles in a cowboy hat here soon. She could have a spinning dash that utilizes her ring blades as her Boost Item, a lightning shot seemingly from Nicole as her Projectile Item, and maybe some acorn shaped mine as her Trap Item. I also think it'd be just neat if at some point we have a game where Sonic finds her protesting a new golf course Eggman's built because she knows it's gotta be some new nefarious plot by him even though everyone besides her, Sonic, and whoever else of Sonic's friends are allowed to be around is giving him the benefit of the doubt. If that could lead to her riding around in an acorn shaped car in Team Sonic Racing 2 that'd be swell.

Reasonable request? Incompatible with the canon? You make the call.

• Thumbs Up 5

24 minutes ago, antyep said:

It means they’re part of the reason why many people criticize and dump on the main series, due to Sega constantly shoving those in our faces when not a lot of people asked for them (and repeat: Classic Sonic in the 3D titles after Generations.). Like SatAM, the main series is not exempt from criticism just because it’s the main series.

Nobody said it was exempt from criticism though...

Those things being issues are precisely its been stated that adding in the FF is the last complication the main series needs right now.

Well if no one is telling you why, I’ll give my two cents.

Whats in it for the main continuity? How about world development, especially after Sega claims there’s two separate worlds, which just seems to be used as an excuse to not use the human worlds again, where most of the lore takes place. And the echidna lore seems to not be touch upon again due to a certain former writer of the Archie Sonic series who thinks he own the monopoly of echidnas (well, technological echidnas but Sega did it first, but try telling him that.)

Because of this, we’re left with one empty world many didn’t care for in Forces. What I mean by empty is that there’s no established culture other than generic animal people. Hell, Sega is too afraid to put a name in the world. They’re so afraid to establish this world or any of these characters.

As an aside, i just want to thank you for at least genuinely engaging in the conversation in good faith. Its refreshing to say the least.

Dont get me started with the teo worlds nonsense. Nobody eho actually cares about ththe main continuity respects it  and the sooner we get SEGA to appologize for it the better...

All the elements that make up the continuity of the past games supposedly exists in the series still.

It isnt reboot. 

It isn't an empty world at all.

Sally and the FF have an established society, and was reworked in the reboot to make it fit into the games. Bringing them to the games could give a little depth to the animal world.

And before you say that the games could do so without Sally...I don’t see that happening. Sega right now don’t seem to care. They’re too busy cash cowing Classic Sonic and stuffing Zavok into every game to appease the Mario fans (since he seems to be made to be Sonic’s Bowser.)

Whether or not they could with or without Sally isnt my concern. My concern is whether that would be a good thing. 

They can expand the canon in pretty much whatever way they want and ill be on board with it so long as it doesnt radically contradict or undermine the roles and intent of the existing games' continuity.

Up til maaaybe Unleashed, there was pretty much nothing in the series I didnt accept with open arms. Im reaaaallly not that picky.

Th problem with introducing Sally and the FF isnt whether or not you could chart a map, slap the words "Acorn Kingdom" on stretch of land on it and call it a day or not. Its the actual implementation of said characters into the series and their function that concerns me.

They just wouldnt serve a purpose.

If the desire is just to have the games SAY they exist in the game world only to never actually do anything with them, I cant help but wonder what the practical purpose actually is?

For the record, like i said b4 this isnt me talking about IDW or whatever else. Im strictly talking about the main game continuity

5 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Dont get me started with the teo worlds nonsense. Nobody eho actually cares about ththe main continuity respects it  and the sooner we get SEGA to appologize for it the better...

All the elements that make up the continuity of the past games supposedly exists in the series still.

It isnt reboot. 

It isn't an empty world at all.

Yeah uh...that's debatable. What I mean is because that Classic Sonic is now a "Sonic from another dimension" as opposed to a past Sonic, it's unclear wither the classic games is now cut from the Modern continuity or not. From my headcannon, the classic games exists in the Modern timeline, but events from Generations turned the Classic Sonic into a alternate timeline (just like with Trunks in DBZ, as the franchise likes to copy from.). But of course, we don't get that in the games. They just say he's a Sonic from another dimension.

10 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

Whether or not they could with or without Sally isnt my concern. My concern is whether that would be a good thing. 

They can expand the canon in pretty much whatever way they want and ill be on board with it so long as it doesnt radically contradict or undermine the roles and intent of the existing games' continuity.

Up til maaaybe Unleashed, there was pretty much nothing in the series I didnt accept with open arms. Im reaaaallly not that picky.

Th problem with introducing Sally and the FF isnt whether or not you could chart a map, slap the words "Acorn Kingdom" on stretch of land on it and call it a day or not. Its the actual implementation of said characters into the series and their function that concerns me.

They just wouldnt serve a purpose.

If the desire is just to have the games SAY they exist in the game world only to never actually do anything with them, I cant help but wonder what the practical purpose actually is?

For the record, like i said b4 this isnt me talking about IDW or whatever else. Im strictly talking about the main game continuity

Yeah, I think having Sally be in a mobile game is just to comfort her fans that she's not forgotten and is..."somewhat" part of the game world. But having her just be slapped onto canon and not be used is still a disservice. She and her fellow FFs deserve more than that. If it were up to me, she and the SatAM chars be part of a new mainline Sonic game.