Awoo.

Rally 4 Sally

Waluigi Smash

34 minutes ago, ChaddyFant9me said:

*things that are not quotes of members doing the things in this thread he accused them of*

When I said it was not optional, I meant it was not an option to do something else. In a few days, you can try again to post examples of members doing the things in this thread you've repeatedly accused them of.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I mean I can just quote all your replies and bold every instance you call people names ("fanboys" "idiots"), mock them for having different opinions ("wrong reasons" "acting so spoiled" "you really are gullible" "I have never facepalmed harder" "rage and anger"), exaggerating/insulting/put words in their mouth instead of making an argument based on 'cold hard logic' ("whining and crying" "shut the fuck up" "lock me up in jail I guess" "feral and childish" *insert silly emoji*)

You keep saying things like it's objectively wrong, and only adding "oh this is my (subjective) opinion btw" when people start pushing you. 

When someone really doesn't like something, they don't waste their time and energy on a supportive forum topic writing multiple paragraphs on why it sucks and calling people stupid for addressing your unfriendly attitude. Like, dude. Just let it go. Go make an antiSally hashtag & account on twitter.

Thank you for proving my points....I guess?

Idk how much you've read but not all are supportive. There are many that's neutral (I'm in the "ok sure I don't think it's gonna do anything but have fun, just don't cause problems" crowd), and given this is a "Hey there's this cool movement for a spinoff, and maybe more!" topic, it's obvious the general opinion here would be more positive. When someone says an opinion they should be respectful and under the assumption it's not gonna change anyone's opinion. "The series is obviously a piece of sh*t and I don't know why you idiots like this??? (....Uh this is my opinion btw so I will mock you if you criticize me)" isn't the same as "I don't like this series, but I'm willing to see why they may work". Also Idk where you read SatAM is superior??? 

Like, I don't care about Sally. I never grew up with SatAM, and my first traumatic exposure to her was a youtube video of every time Sally & Sonic sucked each other's lips. I thought the Archie comics was overall meh. I don't see her working in the mainline games as she is. BUT I am not that immature to let that haunt me. I have other things to do with my life.

I do worry about the IDW staffs (who seem to be big fans) possibly "scheming" to get them back, and the inevitable discourse over which Sally is chosen. But in the end it's Sega's choice. If they do they do, if they don't they don't. I will respect the decision they make even if I don't like it. Until then I'm just gonna try to have fun in my own way: brainstorming possible ideas to "fix" the FF casts to work in the IDW comics/mainline games.

I called you guys entitled angry fanboys and that they are spoiled because of how hostile you guys are being. I just voiced my opinion on the show and said why do people like it and then all go you guys just gained up and said OoOooh wHy are yOu so MeAn!1!1!! So far none of you made any logical argument against my claims of why the freedoms wouldn’t work and why satAM In general is overrated deserves to be left in the past. So far you are only trying to frame me as a dick instead of staying on topic.  That why I’m also calling you guys gulliable. Man it’s almost like the sonic fanbase is bad.....oh wait....

Also I never called anyone an idiot. Now you are making bold faced lies. I called them boys, I called them spoiled but I never called them out as idiots for liking a damn cartoon. Sure I’m curious why they like it but so far you are taking it the whole other way. I dare you to find one quote where I called you or anyone here an idiot. I’m pointing out of all the "rage and anger" based on how you guys are reacting. So far this thread is a laughing stock because you all seem angry at me for dissing an irrelevant dated 90s cartoon and why the freedom fighters are insignificant to the mainline games. And I have a reason to face palm because of dumb replies like this complaining on how I’m supposedly being a dick and not staying on the main topic. I don’t care if you hate me. All of these same replies is only going to give you the same answers from me lol. So far you guys are just shifting the topic about sally and satAM to me being abrasive. If I wanted to be a deliberate asshole to you guys id be saying far more offensive stuff than this. This is just child’s play. 

And by my reason of "cold hard logic" is not by offense. I’m just predicting the likely outcome. If sally ever got in a generic mobile game like sonic dash or forces speedbattle or some shit there would be a lot of hype but it would instantly die down in the remaining weeks. Just like Pac-Man, angry birds and tangle and whisper events. And they will eventually uninstall the games again or never use it. I’m also saying it’s a big waste of time because you are only going to get sally in a repetitive mobile game that’s going to get you bored in an hour or so. It’s arguably a waste since she isn’t going to get into a mainline game anytime soon.

"it's obvious the general opinion here would be more positive. When someone says an opinion they should be respectful and under the assumption it's not gonna change anyone's opinion. "The series is obviously a piece of sh*t and I don't know why you idiots like this??? (....Uh this is my opinion btw so I will mock you if you criticize me)"

pfffft what!?? When I was speaking my opinion I was just being dead honest with myself. You guys are just taking it with offensive just because it had a few swear words here and there that makes it look like I’m being mean to you guys. I’m just being abrasive about my opinion, not trying to attack anyone. I never said "WhAt kInD oF iDiOTS liKe ThIs sHiT? Or mocked them. In fact nobody even answered me why they like the show. I’d me more than happy to here your opinion of the show than reading 3 pages of angry people trying to call me out for my post being a bit rough and cold. 

"Also Idk where you read SatAM is superior???"

again what are you talking about man. 

"Like, I don't care about Sally. I never grew up with SatAM, and my first traumatic exposure to her was a youtube video of every time Sally & Sonic sucked each other's lips. I thought the Archie comics was overall meh. I don't see her working in the mainline games as she is. BUT I am not that immature to let that haunt me. I have other things to do with my life"

im not immature to let that haunt me either. I just voiced my opinion why I don’t think they would work in the games. If it ever where to happen and they actually make the freedom fighters interesting characters and somehow revamped them up to work than I would care less if they were included in the games as long as they won’t deteriorate other characters like what they did in satAM and the early comics. 

I think you've made your purpose for joining this forum loud and clear. Unfortunately we're not accepting registrations from members who are solely interested in attacking and trolling others repeatedly for their opinions. Take care.

• Thumbs Up 4

So. (spoiler for new character in IDW):

Spoiler

Given we can have a robot that looks like an organic mobian, I wonder if they can go this angle for Nicole?

1 hour ago, The gameboy69 said:

I called you guys entitled angry fanboys and that they are spoiled because of how hostile you guys are being...

[...]

...If it ever where to happen and they actually make the freedom fighters interesting characters and somehow revamped them up to work than I would care less if they were included in the games as long as they won’t deteriorate other characters like what they did in satAM and the early comics. 

I mean I can go re-quote your replies again (idk why you ignored the ones I included in my post?) but I spent too much time here for the day. Given you're likely to ignore/deny it anyway, maybe next time when I have the time and energy. The main message here is "If you think people are being rude, there is a chance you were being rude first (especially if others are pointing that out)". And using fallacies make people less likely to (want to) take you seriously. 

I'm more curious on why you're replying to a quote that isn't even directed at you. Just calm down man. Don't take it too personal.

I swear to Gaia if they pull this off...

6 hours ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

I still think this is a bad way of doing it 

You have a better way of doing it? I’m sure they’d love to hear it.

Sega of Japan using characters they didn't make? Never. They only used Whisper and Tangle because they came from an extremely regulated, pre-approved comic that suited their anal-retentive guidelines. I'm sorry to say, SATAM and Western Sonic fans.

I've got my criticisms with Sally Acorn as a whole but my general feeling is that I like her. I don't have an issue with Sonic having a romantic interest at all. I've only got concerns as to how it's executed between him and the girl.

1 hour ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

You have a better way of doing it? I’m sure they’d love to hear it.

I agree with the person you quoted, I don't think it's a good idea either. Spamming is rarely effective. Plus, given the responses in the Sonic livestreams, they know there is a demand.

Also saying that X idea sounds wrong doesn't mean we magically have a better idea.

28 minutes ago, Adamis said:

I agree with the person you quoted, I don't think it's a good idea either. Spamming is rarely effective. Plus, given the responses in the Sonic livestreams, they know there is a demand.

Also saying that X idea sounds wrong doesn't mean we magically have a better idea.

If you think X idea sounds wrong, it’s far more helpful to provide an alternative (read: constructive, for those here that love mincing people’s words) than just commenting that it’s sounds wrong.

Otherwise, how’s that really going to help? They’re not going to magically come up with a better idea from that statement alone. 

Its simple you get hired at Sega work your way up the company until you're in charge of Sonic then you put Sally in things.

To be fair my first reaction was "I hope Sega doesn't see it as bots or spam." I didn't say it because there was nothing else to add and I didn't want to sound like a douchebag for those excited about it.

Some of the people in SEGA definitely knows about the hashtag but for those who have no idea, a bunch of users with same names may look like a prank/joke or some kind of malicious movement.

Do I have an alternative idea? Not really (aside from keep sending emails and stuff). But do I think it's not the best idea? Definitely.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Adamis said:

Well then, please go on and suggest better ideas ? Complaining about complaining doesn't help either :)

I wasn’t really complaining...

But that’s the thing in my case, I don’t have any beyond what they’re already doing to keep the momentum going. A twitter page, another fan made a video analysis, hosting events, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re planning on making a website for it.

The most I’m able to do is cheer them on and hope their efforts pay off.

Does anyone know why Sega of Japan is so biased against concepts they didn't create? It's just so baffling because w/ other IPs that have multiple takes, they're more than happy to acknowledge niche continuity. See: Ducktales 2017, 2K12 and IDW TMNT... It's just weird to me. Nintendo's been like this with Mario of late, too (see: the gutting of Paper Mario). I just don't get it.

39 minutes ago, Mega said:

Does anyone know why Sega of Japan is so biased against concepts they didn't create? It's just so baffling because w/ other IPs that have multiple takes, they're more than happy to acknowledge niche continuity. See: Ducktales 2017, 2K12 and IDW TMNT... It's just weird to me. Nintendo's been like this with Mario of late, too (see: the gutting of Paper Mario). I just don't get it.

It's rooted in old Japanese culture I believe. The belief that what they create is inherently superior.

This is why there was so much friction between Sega of America and Sega of Japan,  because the latter were upset at the mega drive being more of a success in the west than the east.

3 hours ago, Kuzu said:

It's rooted in old Japanese culture I believe. The belief that what they create is inherently superior.

This is why there was so much friction between Sega of America and Sega of Japan,  because the latter were upset at the mega drive being more of a success in the west than the east.

For what it’s worth, though, they seem to have at least some understanding that Sonic doesn’t prosper when they operate like that.  They know well that Sonic Mania was a success, as was SoA’s approach of engaging more directly with their fans and hiring them on.  Tyson Hesse keeps getting work.  Aaron Weber has been hired to an administrative role in Japan.  Takeshi Iizuka has moved production of Sonic games to America.  What exactly this will mean I don’t know, and I doubt it means anything for Sally, but clearly they aren’t total xenophobes.