Awoo.

Music you run/exercise with...

BlitzChris

Personally, three songs get me fired up...

Henry Rollins Band - Whats the Matter Man (Tony Hawks 3 SoundTrack ;))

Disturbed - Indestructible

The Prodigy - Voodoo People (the Maximum Bass version...has alot faster tempo)

Oh and in terms of sonic music... being a sonic site and all...

Snappleman - Malicious Fingers (Appeared by accident, and I started running faster then I had for a while..)

Crush 40 - Live and Learn

Kenichi Tokoi - It Has Come To This (Sonic/Secret Rings)

Kenichi Tokoi - Let The Speed Mend It

But what do YOU listen to? Ive got a 4km time trial coming up next monday, and need some new inspiration...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eileanach

• BlitzChris

• Dark Hero

• Runeologic

What the fuck is exercise?

Yeah, I once rode an exercide bike to "The Heretic Anthem" by Slipknot, which resulted in me being VERY tired. In general, somethng with a moderate beat but a driving, upbeat rhythm/ lyrics.

BTW, if you haven't got it, download "Run" by Disturbed. Very good example of this by Disturbed.

(p.s Freudian slip there "Excercide")

Razor, Beneath the Massacre, Brain Drill, Intruder, God Dethroned, Domination through Impurity, etc. Any fast thrash and death metal bands that I love. They're quite suitable to listen to while you're running. Whatever you see on my Last.fm, I listen to that while running and exercising.

Im loving both Hold Your Colour and In Silico, but only in my car..I dont have good enough headphones to re-create their epic beats...

When I am exercising I tend to listen to 90's dance music or some Journey. I find Journey great to work out to.

When I am exercising I tend to listen to 90's dance music or some Journey. I find Journey great to work out to.

Another person who likes Journey? Sweet! =D I like their songs as well.

Anyway, since I don't have an ipod or mp3 player, I usually just take a walk everyday unless the weather is really bad without any music to listen to. But that's ok since my neighborhood is usually quiet and it's nice to listen to the sounds of nature.

Yes Journey are awesome I have their discography and it is great fun music to just get down to work with. I tend to use it for working on stuff I don't want to be doing, exercising (which technically comes under the first classification) or washing dishes (again the first classification).

When I used to go to the gym… something that really needs to happen again fairly soon, I listened to a lot of pro wrestlers themes. I’m a big wrestling fan which probably helps but it kept the fact in my mind that these guys must work out all the time to look as good as they do and I’d be happy to look half of that.

Normally I just throw the iPod into shuffle and go from there.

But I find late 90's punk rock gets me going hard. Shit like Blink, Sum 41 and all the generic shit.

Apart from that I love club music (Ministry Of Sound Anthem's normally for me) which gets my heart beat up anyways, and it's got a nice fast tempo to do jogging to.

Yeah, most of the time I just shuffle my songs - but if I really want to get going, I usually put some metal/(heavier) alternative/Sonic music (lol I know, I know - I'm a loser :P) on, like Engel, Anberlin, All That Remains, Crush 40, Zebrahead, Race The Sun, Metallica, A Day To Remember, etc...

Stuff like this works fine too:

http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/hdrem...er%20(Menu).mp3 (it's the title screen song for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (phew...))

Edited by Blash

Running... I'd have to say DragonForce. Though their singing isn't the best, the guitar work is awesome, and definitely energizes me.

Incidentally, Stereolab music, which is far from hard rockin' shit. "Space Moth" and "Captain Easychord" fill me with a relaxing sort of energy when on the move. Other times, I typically put on the best battle music in RPGs I can find.

Oh right, and "genesis of next" by globe and "Finished Symphony" by Hybrid are also very intense. I love long songs.

Edited by Jake

Since I need to wake up very early almost every single day, I choose very rhythmical and impulsive tunes which make my mind hyper and prevent it from feeling fatigued.

If you want some examples of what I mean by "very rhythmical and impulsive tunes" then here's some links for you:

"Spitfire" - The Prodigy

Ah, I love running! Not so much exercise, but I still do so sometimes.

Anyway, I tend to listen to anything that is fast like DragonForce or anything has to do with determination. I usually listened to the song, "Race Against Myself" by The Offspring back then. It just had the word, "run" in there. xD But the beat is also catchy.

Being a huge Journey fan, I usually listen to their songs more often than any others. I find "Message of Love" to be what fires me up 'cause I love the guitar at the end. Also, heavy sounding songs get me up too, of course. "Separate Ways," "Chain Reaction," and "Edge of the Blade" are examples, and yes, all three come from the album, Frontiers. Haha. Oh, not to mention, I can sing to those too, as I am a Contralto, but more to the Tenor actually. Singing songs also gets me going.

Other bands (when I break free of my Journey addiction xD) would include Metallica, Firewind, AC/DC, Ozzy Osbourne, etc. Speed metal bands usually hype me up.

Sonic-related: Crush 40 is pretty much the best that energizes me, especially "Open Your Heart."

Multiple Pendulum songs and all of the nico nico douga's, there perfect because there all 10 -20 minutes long and the tempo changes for a more rigorous workout.

I spy much Journey love, awesome. When I read Eileanach my first thought was working out to one of their calmer songs, which gave me a laugh.

I personally don't go by bands or songs when it comes to working out. Anything that's catchy is fine. I suppose if I had to pick any specific band I'd go with ABBA. Such fun songs. Queen also has some good songs for working out, I think. My personal favourite is Fat-Bottomed Girls because its so upbeat.

Actually, I haven't listened to music while working out for a bit.

Blind Guardian, Helloween, Demons & Wizards, Dragonforce, Falconer, Iced Earth, just power metal in general.

Edited by Cipher

Indeed, music helps me when I'm running. When I'm listening proper music I can run for much longer. In my case It's music from Sonic games, Machinae Supremacy, SUM 41, tracks from my favorite anime and some various J-rock)

I usually listen to either sonic music(Unleashed day stages=megaboost) or I just love to listen to really epic movie scores. sometimes I find orchestrals I love without having even seen the movie!

I haven't seen a bunch of these movies, but they do have really good music~

I don't run very often anymore (I probably should, I need more exercise >_>), but when I do I mostly just listen to Sonic music. I mean come on, how could listening to Speed Highway not get you pumped up? :P

Noir, I can work out to their quieter stuff when doing weights or the roll bar but when cycling or running I like their more energetic stuff... ANYWAY YOU WANT IT THAT'S THE WAY YOU NEED IT!! *runs up and down her hallway*

Noir, I can work out to their quieter stuff when doing weights or the roll bar but when cycling or running I like their more energetic stuff... ANYWAY YOU WANT IT THAT'S THE WAY YOU NEED IT!! *runs up and down her hallway*

I can so relate to that, Eileanach. xD

I usually like listening to their soft songs whenever I'm doing homework, drawing, etc. It soothes my brain and helps me to think. Just recently, I'm using some of their songs to write a story so that helps to become a good love writer. I just feel their more upbeat, heavy songs are suitable for my doing dishes (which I HATE!) or if I feel hyper.

Yes, I'm an addict. xP

Oh my goodness Dark Hero we are exactly alike I listen to heavy stuff when doing dishes because I hate doing dishes!!! Although it does make me tempted to smash a lot of stuff and then just buy new CLEAN plates etc.

I find that when listening to heavy music I am more productive but when it comes to revision I am quite bad at studying I need really soft music on.