Awoo.

There Is An Entirely New Generation of Consoles Coming...

shdowhunt60

8 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Making a sequel puts them directly into competition with the IDW comics. And I don't get the impression the writers for the games are going to bother working around that. Not to mention It'd be a miracle whrn the game writers would ever bother to clean up their mess to begin with. So nah, I doubt it.

That said, I would be interested in seeing them explain what happened with Infinite and Eggman at the end of Forces. But I'm pretty sure it'll be ignored, just like Eggman being stranded in limbo at the end of Generations. The games really don't care about creating any kind of cohesive narrative between games, other then brainlessly chucking old characters and locations into the new ones.

And even then, only a handful of them! They seem to be especially focused on GHZ, by including not only the zone itself, but generic ripoffs of it.

If the games come to the Series/5, it'll be a token gesture at most. Both consoles are capable of backwards compatibility, so if Sonic Team have been smart about their development, they'll have been optimising for the current gen consoles meaning the only thing the new generation can bring is stability on higher resolutions. Which can easily be handled by the boost modes of both consoles. Not that I'd complain about a release for the new consoles even if nothing changes between the gens.

As for being quiet about the game in the first place, I really don't mind. We know it's coming. We don't need to know anything else until Sonic Team are ready to release that information. A shorter announce-release cycle works best for most games, as it ensures the finished product (or close to it) is being shown. That's what Nintendo have come to realise, and it seems other developers are experimenting with such a short time as well. Only those games that sell by hype - and I don't mean that in a negative way - seem to be those who stick with the longer timeframe. Sonic's time of selling on hype is long passed. When the time comes to show it off, we'll be happy to know it's arriving the same year, possibly even sooner than we thought possible.

As the next gen of Gaming comes, There will be a Sonic Game like Sonic 06 is for the 7th Gen Game Consoles. It should be a sequel to Sonic 06 under the Name of Sonic 2 ('21). With Princess Elise the Third coming back. This will be a perfect time for the next Mainline Games to appear on Xbox Series X and S and PS5.

7 hours ago, Ezra said:

As the next gen of Gaming comes, There will be a Sonic Game like Sonic 06 is for the 7th Gen Game Consoles. It should be a sequel to Sonic 06 under the Name of Sonic 2 ('21). With Princess Elise the Third coming back. This will be a perfect time for the next Mainline Games to appear on Xbox Series X and S and PS5.

What makes you think ot will be a direct sequel to ‘06 and not a sequel to Forces? 

• 1 month later...