Awoo.

Devil May Cry 5 Special Vergil Must Vibe Edition | PS5/XSX | November 2020

Wraith

Hit that shit, V. 

IMG_20200920_143417.jpg.dcf1db9cf6a6ea8ff22f9a7f9975830f.jpg

Hello, SSMB.

It's been a while since I made a topic, but I figured I'd make my grand return on the eve of the PS5 preorderocalypse create a topic for what is by far my most anticipated gaming experience in years. 

IMG_20200920_143519.thumb.jpg.de8bcf5e4f6e621efa79b781dfe813a6.jpg

Final Fantasy XVI. But Ryan made the topic first. 

After stating at a wall and contemplating the depths of my agony for a week I remembered: hey now just a second there Joshua. Isn't there another brand new triple A action game lined up at the end of this year? 

No. But there is a 2 year old one with one special feature...

That's right. DEVIL MAY CRY is back. Again. For real this time thanks to the inclusion of the lost son of Sparta himself. The wielder of the Yamato. Your reason for fighting. Master of the dark art of ducking child support payments. 

IMG_20200920_144034.jpg.5f51b651c53555b2080db780271cd37f.jpg

Vergil. After a year and a half of ebegging, or like 10 days of waiting for mods if you were on PC, he's here. 

Play as him in a wide variety of hallways in the campaign or take him into bloody palace for the ultimate challenge as you get two shotted by Urizen on the last floor. 

Devil May Cry for a PC Version V Special Edition also comes with some other bells and whistles. Namely fan favorite challenge modes Turbo Mode and Legendary Dark Knight Mode. 

Now I know what you're thinking: this sounds like the perfect package for the perfect action games, but how pray tell do I acquire it? 

IMG-20200920-145023.jpg

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition will launch as a next gen EXCLUSIVE for $39.99. A premium price point befitting of a king. 

...Or you can just buy him on PS4 for like 10 bucks. 

Gauze upon his visage and despair. 

IMG-20200920-084557.png

While we wait for the ultimate action game to receive the ultimate upgrade this November, join me in euphoria as we blast Bury the Light, Vergil's new battle theme. Vibe with me, children of Sparta 

Get Motivated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

c41.gif

Vergil is consistently the most fun to play as in all of the games he gets added to later. PC version not getting the other enhancements is some bullshit, but I'm there Day 1 for the king.

• Thumbs Up 2

1) Special Edition isn't a PS5 exclusive, it's also coming to Xbox Series S/X, just wanted to point that out (though, funnily enough, raytracing is coming to PS5 first, then the Xbox Series, uh, series god the name is so stupid).
2) It really sucks that PC version isn't getting the Special Edition stuff that's not Vergil, it's the same situation as the DmC Definitive edition, where consoles got the enhancements, but PC never did outside of the mods. I hate that shit.

But other than that, as soon as Vergil comes to PC, I'll also come buy it even if it costs 40 euros or something just for the theme alone, goddamn