Awoo.

The Very First Video Game you've ever beaten in your entire life?

ZXT-92

Yes, this is a spin-off of my "The First Sonic Game you ever beat?" thread, so sue me.

So what was it? And once again, how old were you when you beat it?

Two rules:
1. It CANNOT have been an arcade game, or a port of an arcade game (like Street Fighter II).
2. You have to have beaten the game BY YOURSELF, without anyone's help.

Mine:
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES). I was either 7 or 8 years old.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winston

• VO.SUPER

• ZXT-92

• Nathan

Super Mario Land for the gameboy. I slaved away for months on that game as a kid, and usually died around world 3 or 4 because I fell into a bottomless pit or two.

The first game I’ve ever beaten was Super Mario Bros. 2, which also happens to be my favorite 2D Mario. It also happens to have been my first Mario game in general, so when I played the rest of the games a few years later, I was very confused why they were so different. 

Pokemon Red waaaaaay back then because it was the first game I've ever owned.

...Ok I was stuck at the beginning where I couldn't figure out how to get out the house but I don't think that counts. But oddly enough I don't remember much from my first playthrough other than the Viridian Forest and getting a Charizard at the end of the Rock Tunnel. I can remember more of my Crystal playthough a lot more.

Sonic Adventure 2.

Was playing it constantly as a kid, and ended up finishing the game with all the work I put into it. Then I did it again.

hmm... sonic the hedgehog 3, i think. my memory's a bit hazy going that far back. but that's the first game i ever remember finishing.

• 4 weeks later...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. 

I remember the sense of accomplishment when I defeated Ganon.  

The one that I can remember is Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (the N'Sane Trilogy version). That game was hard for me back then and I was really happy when I beat it.