Awoo.

Unused concepts you're happy or disappointed didn't make it into the games

Mountaindewandsprite

The title says it all. Pretty much is there a concept that did not make it into the games that you are glad or disappointed about? For me, I have two: 1) Venice the mink and 2) The multitude of potential species for avatars in Sonic Forces (dragons, mice, monkeys etc.)

Their original idea for Shadow.

Honestly not sure how things would be over time if they went along with it, but I can’t say I’d like it better than how he currently looks.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, prowerboy26 said:

I wish they kept the outfits/tracksuits for Sonic Riders. I felt it fit in with the vibe and I particularly like Tails' outfit.

spacer.png

I think they would have worked well as alternate skins like the SA2B ones, though I don't mind the standard designs being playable too.

I have to say, while it's more an Americanized concept, I kinda liked the idea in the US bible of the small animal characters being sapient and serving as Sonic's oldest friends who taught him to master a lot of his powers. It added a more personal touch to Eggman turning them all into badniks. Stay Sonic/STC played on this aspect a bit but dropped them quickly, though of course SatAm adapted it in its own way.

2 hours ago, prowerboy26 said:

I wish they kept the outfits/tracksuits for Sonic Riders. I felt it fit in with the vibe and I particularly like Tails' outfit.

spacer.png

That's interesting. I've never seen this before.

Apparently, there was supposed to be a cutscene after the Castle level in Shadow's game where Eggman ouright attacks Amy and that's why Shadow fights him on a certain path. Not sure if that's true, but cutscenes like it throughout the game instead of just certain versions of the endings might've helped.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 12:01 PM, E-122-Psi said:

I have to say, while it's more an Americanized concept, I kinda liked the idea in the US bible of the small animal characters being sapient and serving as Sonic's oldest friends who taught him to master a lot of his powers. It added a more personal touch to Eggman turning them all into badniks. Stay Sonic/STC played on this aspect a bit but dropped them quickly, though of course SatAm adapted it in its own way.

I find that gets away from Sonic being a free spirit wandering adventure too much personally.

It also draws a relation between the small critters of nature Sonic saves and himself that doesnt exist in the series and presents him like some random woodland creature as opposed to a person.

A Western concept I do kinda like is the idea of the Rings be8ng condensed energy.

Or unleashing all kinds of Chaos if an emerald is broken. Woulda been interesting to explore. 

Additionally, while I like that there are 7 emeralds, the idea of there being tons of em out there i believe had a lot of potential opportunity to flesh the universe out.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:49 AM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Their original idea for Shadow.

Honestly not sure how things would be over time if they went along with it, but I can’t say I’d like it better than how he currently looks.

What was the original idea for Shadow?