Awoo.

Kirby Fighters 2- It's out right now!- Wait WHAT?

Dejimon11

This was technically leaked last night but yeah Nintendo just shadow dropped a new Kirby game with online multiplayer. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dejimon11

• Indigo Rush

• mayday2592

• Hypershadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly no. I beat the main story mode last night or did enough to unlock solo mode so might as well post my thoughts here.  

Let's stat with the presentation, it looks absolutely beautiful and the music is nice but that's par for the course when it comes to this series. I've only played it in hand held mode so I can't confirm if the game runs at 60 i'll have to look into that. Special mention to the UI being clean AF! Gameplay wise it pretty much plays like every Kirby game since RTDL on the Wii. So if you've played that you'll feel right at home just don't expect this to be as technical as smash bros but more how you fight bosses in kirby games. 

I'm disappointed that only a select handful of the dream friends are playable who are Waddle Dee, Gooey, Magalor, King DeDeDe and Meta Knight. Some of the others are just stage hazards even Dedede is one in his wrestling ring stage. They have all the models from Star Allies and i wouldn't mind if they swapped out some kirby's for the others. Like with replan paint Kirby with Adelenie w/Ribbon etc 

The story mode is pretty much a gantlet of battles but you'll get the chance to increase your states after reach round. It's also split into 5 chapters being a select number of floors. First 1 is 5 and the final chapter is 50 battles. I'm not too sure but i believe you you need to beat chapters 4(30 rounds) and 5 in order to unlock Meta knight and Dedede respectively.  

I wish there was some more stuff added like a multi man smash, break the targets or maybe took some of the mini games that were in Kirby Battle royal cause just doing fights is a bit monotonous especially for story mode. Doesn't help that the game is very grind heavy for you to unlock stuff. 

Played a few matches online and it worked pretty well although this is also lacking in variety. When playing with friends you have the options to do a free for all or with teams and from what i can tell you can turn off stage hazards and items. But playing with randoms it's always 2v2 and every time a match ends you're placed with a different group of people. I think that aspect can use some improvement on like 1v1, a tournament mode, playing against randoms with your online friends but we'll see, 

As it stands the game is pretty much alright and looks to be a game I'll play every once in a while with friends. Unless you're a die hard Kirby fan maybe just wait a little bit for it or use all your eshop coins to get it at a discount. If this was a typical Nintendo game being sold at $60 i would of been pissed.

Really hope this gets the Star Allies treatment with free dlc. It would be cool if they were to pull a smash ultimate by adding every copy ability and dream friend, with the ones less suited for playable characters as power ups like the mic. Sadly I really doubt we would get that much new content, but a guy can dream.